Talking about the benefits, beauty and effectiveness of artificial turf can be very long. Now it has become a convenient way to decorate the site before the conference, to make the surface around the pool, the playground, the football field, and so on more comfortable and pleasant.
Some summer residents are faced with the problem of the lack of conditions for the natural growth of ordinary ornamental plants, and then laying artificial grass becomes a salvation. After all, even the most hopeless land can come to life with the help of uncomplicated technology.
It is possible to carry out the coating both with your own hands and to order the service from the masters who are able to prepare, lay, glue and, in general, complete all the necessary work as quickly as possible.
Structure and types of artificial turf
Cover grass comes in rolls, which helps make styling even easier. To build it, the principle was taken, as in the natural prototype. That is, the material is specially designed to maintain elasticity and not to deform under the influence of weather conditions.
Laying artificial grass
Extruders made of polyethylene and polypropylene squeeze the fibers, which eventually become similar to the stems. Later this pile fiber is attached to the base. However, it can be of different thickness, length, thickness, and so on.
Usually they produce grass in sizes from 6 mm to 10 cm. At many glance, for many manufacturers, the coating seems to be the same, but each device has its own brand.
Attention! Modern production technologies provide an artificial look that is so natural that it is almost impossible to distinguish it from natural grass.
The general classification of artificial lawns is carried out according to the laying principle.
Aesthetically, this kind of artificial grass is considered the most beautiful and as close as possible to the natural prototype.
On such a coating try not to move, so as not to spoil the appearance, and used for decorative purposes.
Distinctive advantages from other types - does not require pouring quartz sand.
That they can be seen most often on the sports fields, playgrounds and cottages, because they represent the best option for such conditions.
Its soft polyethylene fiber can soften a bruise on falling. If you put such a lawn, it is important to consider one thing: for the strength and reliability of a semi-filling lawn, quartz sand is needed. It is his sleep in the gaps among the fibers.
How to lay artificial turf on the football field
For football, as a rule, use a backfill lawn, the pile of which is from 2 to 5 cm.
Attention! If you choose a quality manufacturer and lay the cover in the right way, then it can serve 10 years.
Instructions on how to lay such a lawn:
- Proper installation begins from the moment of unloading the material, because the better the materials remain in the process, the longer the field will last. Rolls of synthetic coating should be unloaded as accurately as possible. Many, if possible, use a forklift with a pin with a diameter of 10 cm and a length of 3 m.
- Artificial grass can be laid on a solid foundation or on a sand and gravel base. Here the main thing is that there should be any elastic and durable substrate, not less than 0.8-1 cm in thickness. If you take some more subtle material, then put a smooth coating will not work, and bends also can not be avoided. After preparation of the substrate, the process of rolling rolls begins. The process should take place in strict accordance with the field scheme. When the rolling is over, the grass is left to lie down for at least 10 hours, so that the lawn is fully laid out and the tension from the previous form in which the material has been stored is removed.
- The fleecy sheets are laid with a 15 mm overlap, after which trimming is performed so that the rolls dock a millimeter to a millimeter.
- Only after it was possible to achieve a smooth and precise fit at the joints of the rolls can one proceed to gluing different parts. For this, it is important not to forget to trim the edges. Then unscrew the edges on each canvas and lay the connecting tape (the junction of the paintings should fall in the middle of such a tape). Then you need to put a two-component glue with a spatula. After this procedure, the edges of the paintings carefully lowered. Until the glue is completely cured, it will be necessary to lift all the fibers that are accidentally bent into the interior. Each seam is rolled using a roller.
- In some cases, not all the marking lines are sewn into all the fields, and then it must be sewn, but only after full adhesion of the grass cover. Stitching and a special double-blade tool are required for sewing. This tool is necessary in order to make space for markings, apply glue, and then carefully put the tape.
- Another step is to fill the lawn with sand. Apply calcined quartz sand (most used with a fraction of 0.3-0.6 mm). Spend them dumping in dry weather. You can do it yourself, using ordinary tools. In accordance with the consumption rate of 1 square. m. sand is equally distributed throughout the lawn, and then it is combed and given time to settle.
- The last step when laying an artificial lawn on a football field is an additional dumping with rubber granules with the subsequent repeated combing of a lawn. It is better that the granules of rubber or rubber were a fraction of 1-3 mm. After about 4-6 months of using the field, you will have to repeat the dumping with granules.
Important! Allowable temperature at which it is allowed to play on a rubber coating: from -30ºС to + 50ºС. Such a lawn must be constantly cleaned of debris, not forgetting to walk a rake several times a year.
How to lay artificial grass on concrete
Laying on concrete is most often practiced in certain areas with the purpose of landscaping the array, on open terraces and even balconies. With such a coating, you also can not do without the substrate, so that the grass cover does not quickly rub off on the base.
The stores offer a variety of thin coatings made of porous rubber or special geotextiles.
How to lay artificial turf on the football field
Fastening of artificial turf to concrete is carried out according to the following technology similar to the football field covering mechanism:
- Initially, the surface rid of all kinds of garbage.
- Artificial turf gently overlap 15 mm over each other and leave it for a while so that everything will smooth out.
- The sheets with which they are covered are evenly trimmed at the joint line, so that the edges fit together closely.
- Then glue with tape and glue. The order is the same as in the previous case - the tape is positioned so that the joint passes in its middle, and glue is applied on top.
Attention! In some cases, the most rigid fixation is required, and then the seams can be additionally fastened with straps.
How to lay artificial turf in the country
In the suburban areas laying lawn - especially a painstaking process. This is due to the preliminary preparation of the soil. Also in such conditions it becomes more difficult to calculate the desired shape and number of rolls.
Everything happens as follows:
- The basis is being prepared. That is, the land is cleared from all weeds and debris. If there is such an opportunity, then it should be level by level, however, this is not always the case. In addition, it is important to keep the soil dry and clean. If there is sand in the yard, then it is better not to lay a lawn on it, since there is a high risk of deformation.
- In order for water not to accumulate under an artificial carpet, it is necessary to additionally make an outlet for the liquid from the surface. Usually, manufacturers take this into account in the manufacture of a lawn, but under the conditions of a summer house it is impossible to do without an additional drainage layer. It is made from small fractional screenings or rubble.
- After the surface and the drainage layer are prepared, rolls start to roll and the carpets are laid at the joint. When they are unrolled, they must be left at least a day to straighten and take a new form. Uneven edges of the rolls must be trimmed.
- Lying down grass carpets are fixed materials for fasteners.
- Unlike previous lawn laying technologies, it is strongly recommended to fasten the edges with a mounting stapler.
Important! In no case, when ice is frozen on artificial turf, it is impossible to scrape it with a shovel. This can cause irreparable harm to home lawn.
What you need to know about the rules of operation of artificial turf
Artificial surface should be washed and eliminated pollution, especially when it comes to playgrounds.
Layers of granulate, sand, rubble and so on need to be updated from time to time. On average, the procedure is repeated once every six months. More updates are carried out only with excessive use of the lawn (for example, this applies to the football field).
How to lay artificial turf in the country
It is important to constantly monitor the state of the grass, check the stitches, and whether there are any occurrences.
In the suburban areas should not be allowed to germinate weeds on the floor. As soon as they become noticed, they are removed along with the root, but very carefully.
Artificial turf is an invention that has become an excellent alternative to natural grass. Only artificial turf is easier to care for, unable to wither or grow excessively. It is worth once to ennoble them a plot, and the result will delight for many years.
What should be done first?
Start preparing the lawn area a few months before planting. Especially if there are a large number of perennials on the site. How to make a lawn in the country with their own hands? For him, solar and slightly shaded places are equally well suited. If the shade of the trees is too large, then to create a lawn will need to carefully pick up the grass. You can purchase special grass mixtures.
If you think about the formation of a lawn on your site, then the place should be sandy or loose. If there is increased humidity, arrange the area with a drainage system. Negatively affect the crops lack of moisture. To prevent this problem, remove the top layer of soil and make a pillow using clay. The thickness of the layer should be 10 cm. How to make a lawn in the country with their own hands? Take care to have a good irrigation system.
Arranging the site with your own hands, dig up the top layer of soil. You will need to remove all trash. The thickness of the fertile layer should not be less than 30 cm. Have you decided to use the imported vegetable primer? Tamper it thoroughly so that the soil thickens.
Need to get rid of weeds
Remove from the place of the future lawn weeds. Simple weeding does not help. Therefore, you will need to use herbicides. For the application of drugs will use special devices that will spray the products on the surface of weeds. The result of such actions will be that all unnecessary plants will die in a week. It may take several procedures. For re-treatment, you must wait for the emergence of new shoots. How to make a lawn in the country with their own hands? It is necessary to return to this only 3 weeks after the last tillage.
If the quality of the soil is not good enough, you can use fertilizers or special means.
What kind of lawn can you create on your site?
Before you make a beautiful lawn in the country with your own hands, you need to decide what size and shape is needed. You should also be aware of the design that the site will have. What types of lawn can be used in summer houses?
- Parquet. The most prestigious and beautiful lawn. Know that it is recommended to plant grass on a flat plot. Select crops should be carefully. A thorough care is needed behind the lawn, without which it will not last long.
- Ordinary. The most common type of glade, which is included in the landscape design. The lawn of this type is unpretentious neither in creation, nor in leaving. In addition, it is characterized by high resistance to trampling. Ordinary lawn is the best option for a family holiday.
- Mauritanian. This lawn is also known as grass-flowered. This type should be selected only if the area is large enough in area. It includes several dozen different varieties of herbs and flowers. In addition, the appearance of the lawn will change throughout the summer.
- You can use a turf. With your own hands in the country to create such a glade is quite easy. Yes, and high-quality grass cover will be obtained in the shortest possible time with minimal effort.
The shape of the lawn may vary. The glade is capable of being flat and solid, representing narrow stripes located between different flowerbeds and buildings. The shape may be unusual, curved or curly. This lawn is able to perfectly fit into the design of the site. The choice is to be made to each owner of the cottage or his own house, guided by preferences.
Necessary tools for work
As soon as all the nuances are taken into account, you can start creating a lawn in the country with your own hands. Step by step instructions do not imply any complicated actions. First you need to collect some tools. You will need:
- Boards. They must be long. Instead, you can use a light roller in order to tamp the ground.
- Seeds of those herbs of which the lawn has to consist.
- Hose for watering.
Are all the tools collected? We start to create a lawn in the country with their own hands. Step by step instructions will be described later.
The surface must be flat.
The first steps have already been described above. You will need to find a suitable site, collect garbage, remove weeds and fertilize it. If there is a need for this, then a drainage and irrigation system will be required. After that proceed to leveling the place. The site should not have holes or heights. If all this is available, then dig up the soil several times. For its leveling it is worth using a rake. Before you begin sowing, tamp the ground using boards or a roller. It is not difficult to make it, using for these purposes a piece of pipe.
Choosing grass should be approached thoroughly.
Prepare the land for planting, using a rake with fine teeth. Sowing should be perpendicular, first along, and then across the site. Divide all seeds in two. Mix each of them with sand. After that, start sowing. If the plot is huge, use special planters. Sowing depth should not be great - no more than a centimeter. Due to this, seed germination can be improved. There is a huge number of the most different grades of a grass. They differ in color, appearance and demanding care. It is recommended to carefully approach the choice of mixtures, guided by the site. You can use the help of consultants specialized stores.
Watering and lawn care
Using a rake, mix the seeds with the top layer of soil. After sowing, the soil should be compacted using a roller. Due to this, the conditions for grass germination will be improved. In addition, the seeds will be able to protect against attacks from birds and wind. After sowing the plot should be watered. It is recommended to do this carefully and carefully. As soon as the first entrances appear, it is necessary to water the site regularly.
Be sure to mow the lawn. This is the main conditions of care for him. Haircut is recommended regularly, starting from the moment when the grass reaches 8 cm in height.
Simple option for lazy
It torments the question of how to make a lawn in the country with their own hands? For the lazy, there is an option that is distinguished by minimal effort. You just need to use the roll coating. This is a special net having a 5 cm thick turf. It is rolled up. In this form, and it must be transferred to the place of installation. Pre-site must be prepared in the ways described above. It is necessary to get rid of weeds, fertilize the soil, level the place. These operations will help prevent the occurrence of air between the ground and the coating. Spread the lawn on the ground, roll it with a roller and pour it thoroughly. After all the actions you have done, you will get a smooth, stable coating that has a rich green color. Such lawns are distinguished by the fact that the grass grows on them much faster than planting. You can use this method of forming the glade if you need to get a coating in the shortest possible time.
It is necessary to decorate the lawn. What do the reviews say?
The lawn occupies a rather important position in the landscape of the suburban area. For this reason, it is necessary to ensure that it blends harmoniously into the design. Consider this point if you want to answer the question of how to make a lawn in the country with your own hands.Feedback from people who have already created glades on their plots showed that additional design is necessary. And it is best to use bulk materials for this purpose. Color pebbles, granite crushed stone of small fraction and decorative chips, which can differ in different shades, are most popular.
You need to make a lawn in the country with their own hands? In the spring you can plant coniferous shrubs and a variety of flowers. As reviews have shown, by the middle of summer you will already have a very beautiful glade. It is also possible to expose greenhouse plants in pots. On the background of green grass, they will look decent. Benches, various figures of dwarfs or other heroes from fairy tales will be an excellent addition. Why not arrange a lawn using flowerbeds? This is also a good idea. European design can be obtained with the help of rural paraphernalia. For example, you can use wooden benches, wheelbarrows with flowers, various garden sculptures. Remember that only a neat and well-groomed lawn can demonstrate the good taste of the site owner.
Fascinating lawn making process
This review provided an answer to the question of how to make a lawn in the country with their own hands. Photos of how this process looks and what result can be obtained, you saw in the course of reading the review. They are capable of better than any words demonstrate the beauty that the site will receive. But the difficulties in the process of creating a lawn as such are not available. Everything will depend on how much you want to decorate your site. It is worth wishing you good luck in this creative and exciting process.
Artificial turf: uses and benefits
Artificial turf or grass in rolls is a good alternative for decorating playgrounds and other areas. Such a decorative cover has a sufficient number of advantages:
- complete absence of a pronounced "plastic" gloss, due to the use of a combination of two types of synthetic fiber. Thus, the resulting appearance can be as natural as possible.
- modern artificial lawns can be operated around the clock and without loss of decorative characteristics and quality indicators,
- artificial turf have very high wear resistance and frost resistance, and do not fade when exposed to ultraviolet radiation,
- resilient synthetic blades of grass are able to statically maintain a vertical shape and maintain attractiveness,
- artificial blades do not need irrigation measures, as well as feeding and regular haircuts,
- modern technology allows to improve the playing characteristics, as well as minimize the risk of injury, due to the excellent adhesion of the legs to the surface of the coating,
- such a tile on the street does not trap moisture on the surface, and standard water-carrying capacity can be 50-60 l / min per square meter.
Depending on the purpose for which the artificial grass surface is supposed to be used, the rigidity and slip indicators may vary, which allows you to choose the best option.
The disadvantages include:
- high heating rate, which often causes some discomfort,
- high risk of reproduction of bacteria and pathogenic microflora,
- the presence of components represented by latex, plasticizers and other components that emit harmful and toxic substances,
- the need for complete replacement after ten years of operation,
- the need to carry out periodic cleaning and vacuum cleaning, brushes and detergents.
Production technology of artificial turf
The production of grass cover is based on the use of modern polymers and high-quality plastics. At the first stage of production, the stalks are formed by means of an extruder, which in appearance have excellent similarity with natural herbs. Then they are fixed on a flexible latex basis.
All manufacturers try to make the most attractive material, represented by a rich assortment, different indicators of the density of the stalks, their length and thickness, as well as the tint range. Artificial turf grass is produced in the form of rolls and slabs, which determines the way they are laid.
Modern production involves the use of not only green pigments, but also white, red, blue and yellow colors, shades and combinations. Such materials, today, are very much in demand in the landscape design of homestead plots, in the design of forest-park zones and in the arrangement of sports or children's playgrounds.
In recent years, the laying of artificial lawns is increasingly used in any local area, in the premises of the commercial type and residential buildings.
Types of artificial turf at the cottage
Despite the diversity of species Today, three coverage options are widespread:
- lawns “football pitch” and “sports ground”, used when necessary to obtain maximum surface performance and minimize the risk of injury when falling or sliding,
- Non-sprinkling options used in landscape design and in the creation of outdoor decorative surfaces that do not imply significant loads, due to the presence of free space between the synthetic fibers.
Intermediate options are represented by half-filled synthetic coatings designed for the design of sports areas and children's playgrounds. Also, the material can be laid on the surface of tennis courts. This tile on the street looks very impressive.
Laying artificial turf: stages and features
It is completely easy to cover synthetic turf grass by yourself. Laying on a soil surface or the concrete basis is allowed. It should be remembered that the use of asphalt or concrete base requires laying the substrate of elastic and durable materials with a thickness of 10 mm or more, which will extend the service life. Proper self-styling technology:
- the ground surface is leveled and any debris is removed,
- ramming of leveled soil with a garden roller,
- arrangement of the drainage system for drainage of rain and melt water,
- when laying on the base of asphalt or concrete, the surface is lined with a substrate, over which rolled synthetic material is rolled,
- styling is performed in a straight line, overlapping by one and a half centimeters,
- after rolling over the surface, the material must lie down and straighten for twelve hours,
- it is necessary to fasten the rolls with the help of maximum tight fit of the rows to each other,
- The edges of the synthetic coating are decorated with curb tape, which is secured with adhesives.
When laying poluzasypnogo or zasypnogo lawn, the surface should wake up with quartz sand. The size of the fraction you recommend at the point of sale of the lawn. It is important to consider that, and then comb through with a garden rake. Next is filling rubber or rubber granulate.
The most important stage of work is the correct gluing of rows. Immediately before gluing, the coating is checked for wrinkling or swelling, as well as trimming the edge portion. Glue is used only after complete elimination of all laying defects.
For this purpose, connecting tapes are used, the width of which can vary between 250-300 mm and a two-component adhesive composition. Glue, with the help of a spatula, glue the strip, after which the edges of the adjacent rolls are turned away, and the tape is laid with the glue side up. To ensure high-quality gluing of the base, the suture is rolled with a roller.
Lawn care recommendations
In order for artificial turf to last as long as possible and maintain a highly decorative appearance throughout the entire period of operation, such lawn need to ensure proper and regular care:
- regular alignment and raising of the pile, as well as periodic uniform distribution of sand filler in accordance with the optimal height,
- timely carrying out the filling of the filler in areas with its absence or insufficient quantity, which would prevent the risk of excessive bending of the synthetic lawn pile,
- Regular inspection of the coating for the absence of weeds and, if necessary, the timely removal of weeds by hand or using herbicides,
- timely removal from the synthetic surface of any heavy objects and any household garbage,
- carrying out timely and proper repair work at the separation of suture joints or local surface damage,
- regular careful but careful removal of falling foliage from the surface of artificial turf,
- every two years it is very important to move or completely replace the filler, which tends to agitate and suffer from the germination of weeds and moss.
For cleaning significant dirt can be used brushes with bristles of medium hardness and special detergents permitted for use on synthetic surfaces. It is most convenient to remove garbage with special garden vacuum cleaners of sufficient power.
Artificial turf: a playground (video)
The main producers of high-quality artificial lawn grass are represented by companies producing carpets, which is explained by the similarity of weaving technology of these modern materials. When choosing a synthetic coating, it is imperative to pay attention to the availability of a quality certificate.
What is artificial turf?
It was invented not for the decorative decoration of the dacha plots, but for the replacement of grass lawn with a more durable and wear-resistant material in the fields of the stadiums.
Natural turf was labor intensive and rather expensive. Also, the grass slowly recovered after frequent matches and a large number of people stay on it.
This problem was solved more than fifty years ago by inventing an artificial nylon coating.
Laying this lawn is quite easy and does not require irrigation and sunlight.
After using such a lawn on the football fields, designers began to stare at this invention, who also often worked on planting natural grass. After all, it is impossible to carry out gardening, for example, in sunny areas where natural grass can burn out. It is also impossible to use lawn grass in playgrounds.
Landscape designers began to actively use artificial surface in the design of gardens and suburban areas. It was also used for:
- Making tracks in the greenhouse.
- Decor of the balcony floor.
- Organizing a recreation area near a pond or pool.
- Registration of playgrounds
What makes a lawn?
It is made of plastic, polyethylene and polypropylene. These are plastic polymers that tolerate even the aggressive effects of natural phenomena.
Hot plastic squeezed blades of grass, which are fixed on a flexible carpet.
The method of manufacture of all coatings is the same, but the quality of the material and the technology of execution differ.
Advantages and disadvantages
Artificial turf is still competing in popularity with natural. Each of them has its pros and cons.
- In places of frequent use, such as stadiums, playgrounds, recreation areas near the pool, natural grass will not grow for a long time.
- Does not require watering and sunny color.
- Does not fade in the sun.
- Does not decay and is not afraid of temperature drops.
- Cushions fall.
- Does not require additional investments for reseeding, watering and care.
- It is possible to plant a territory quickly in a few days even in hard-to-reach places.
- The durability of this material, which can last up to twenty years
- There is no sense of nature, naturalness, there is no living energy.
- High cost of coverage.
- Cheap coatings may be unsafe for health and poor in quality.
- Can be heated in the sun up to sixty degrees.
- Not recyclable and serves as a source of waste accumulation.
- The design can quickly get bored and change it only with the help of decorative flower pots.
Selection of artificial turf
There are several types of artificial turf:
- Nezasypnoy - serves only for decoration purposes and is very similar to real grass. With frequent finding on it, grass blades crumple and tear out of the carpet.
- Poluzasypnoy - grass blades sewn into the rug and covered with quartz sand. Will be suitable for playgrounds, recreation areas and sports grounds.
- Filling - hard blades of grass, which have high wear resistance. Used for stadiums and public recreation areas. Filled with rubber crumb to extend the life.
Now there are a great many companies that are engaged in the production of artificial turf. The leaders are:
Monsanto - a developer from the United States, which differs in the manufacture of lawns very similar to natural.
Domo is a producer from Belgium. Produces durable stadium coverings.
Epufloor is a Polish-German manufacturer that produces lawns using a new technology that is more affordable.
Laying cover yourself
The way to do it yourself is not very simple. In order for the carpet to lay down smoothly and operate longer, the surface must be well prepared.
When planning landscaping, you must first determine the shape and size of the lawn carpet to determine how many rolls you need and calculate so that there is as little waste as possible.
Preparation of the base
The surface for laying artificial carpet must be dry, clean and tamped.
We need to clean the area from grass and weeds, pour holes and trample the ground. It is desirable that the surface was level.
Laying the carpet on the sand is not recommended, as the lawn is deformed and will disperse.
Drainage for water drainage
To prevent moisture from gathering on the lawn, it is made leaky at the plant, but in order to prevent water from accumulating under the carpet, it is necessary to ensure that the ground is removed from the surface.
For this, the drainage layer is made.
As a drainage, fine crushed stone or dropout is well suited. Drainage layer you need to pour water and pour again.
To make the carpet fit snugly to the top floor, the following steps should be taken:
It is necessary to roll the rolls in the same direction so that the grass is directed in one direction.
Carpets stacked end to end.
Rolled carpets should be left for two days to straighten.
If the edges of the rolls are not smooth, you need to cut them so that the space between the sheets is not more than one millimeter.
The edges of the segments are connected with mounting materials included in the kit.
Before fixing the lawn need to fill it with the material included in the kit, if provided.
Fix the edges of the cloths with a mounting stapler.
Weekly need to clean the lawn from debris, leaves or branches.
Get rid of weeds.
To ensure that it does not fall on the gum, burning items.
On the playgrounds need to carry out disinfection coating.
Do not remove ice from the surface with a shovel.
In the heat of the lawn need to be watered.
If the coating is bulk, then it should be poured annually.
Artificial turf perfectly replaced his natural fellow and has a lot of advantages over him. It is simply indispensable for making places. public use and playgrounds.
Perfectly and for a long time decorates recreation areas in a country house or a local area. With proper care will serve more than twenty years.
We laid artificial turf near the pool and can not rejoice. Water leaves instantly. It is non-slip, pleasant to the touch, not scratchy. We were mounted by experts, so there are no questions. The surface was pre-aligned and everything is very smooth and beautiful.
We have made a playground in front of the house. Initially, the earth around it was sprinkled with sand and rubble. Children, rolling down the hill, were injured. Then we decided with our neighbors that it was necessary to somehow fix it and ordered an artificial mound lawn. This is just a miracle. It is soft, shock absorbing. Children run on it, fall and everything is fine. The sun does not fade, the quality is excellent.
I always wanted to have a lawn everywhere in the yard. One year I sowed the seeds, the next year everything seemed to sprout well, but in the heat the lawn burned out badly. I began to water it very often, then the result improved. In the places where we usually sit, the grass began to disappear. In general, I tormented myself with him. This year we bought artificial turf. Very pleased. Durable, beautiful, the sun does not fade, no need to water.
Where can I use this type of lawn?
В связи с высокими прочностными характеристиками зеленого покрытия, декоративным искусственным газоном закрывают площадки с высокой проходимостью. Это могут быть игровые зоны для спортивных игр, детские площадки для большого количества ребятишек, места выгула собак.
Artificial turf in the pool area will create an original green area that fits into the landscape of the site as well as expensive tile or stone
Living grass constantly trampling carries weakly and forms bald spots. And an artificial lawn does not care about such a load. They can arrange open parking areas for personal transport, combining with road tiles, pool areas and patios.
The artificial grass looks as good as a real one, but it maintains the contrast of temperatures, high humidity, and active movement.
In addition, in places near buildings, where the ground is almost all day in the shade, the natural lawn looks pale and thin, because it will receive less light. If you decorate these areas with ornamental shrubs, then under them it is better to cover artificial grass. It will not need to mow, and food for the roots can be poured in liquid form directly on the lawn. Its pores will let the solution into the ground. In addition, you do not have to deal with weeds.
For the purpose of landscaping, some owners use cover fragments in greenhouses, verandas, and terraces, where it is not possible to plant live grass.
A piece of decorative artificial turf laid out on the veranda will serve as an original carpet that does not require any maintenance, except for periodic cleaning of debris.
How to create artificial turf?
To choose the most suitable type of lawn for the site, you need to look at its technical parameters. Manufacturers produce coatings of different density, height of grass pile, the thickness of blades of grass, etc.
Only outwardly, all rolls with artificial lawn look the same, but they differ in the thickness of the pile, the length of the grass, the density of the base, etc.
The materials are plastics or polymers. Of these, on special extruder machines, grass stalks are created, which are then sewn into a flexible elastic base coated with latex. For registration sites usually choose a green lawn. But, for example, for football or golf courses there is white, blue and other shades of coverage. There is also a combined lawn of two colors. The width of the rolls varies from 2 to 4 meters.
The main feature of a nezasypny lawn - almost natural look. Care must be taken to observe the artificial origin of the grass. But such a lawn is intended only for decoration. If you walk on it, then soft gentle fibers will begin to crush and lose aesthetics.
Decorative artificial turf is not designed to move on it. Its high aesthetic properties are achieved due to the softness and tenderness of the fibers.
Semi-batch type design
As a rule, it is made of polyethylene, soft enough and elastic enough to soften the fall. This is the optimal coverage for playgrounds with high motor activity. Quartz sand is poured between the grass pile, which gives the lawn strength and stability.
Artificial turf for the playground is selected from elastic materials, because kids love to tumble and lie on the grass
Made of polypropylene, so blades of grass are obtained rigid and stable. It is used in public places, for example, stadiums where the grass has to maintain constant loadings. Between the blades of grass the base is filled with quartz sand and a special rubber granulate. The rubber filling allows the footballers to be less injured when sliding down, because it softens friction.
There is a gradation of artificial turf for outdoor and indoor use. Street options are hygroscopic base. Rainfall or watering during the cleaning process does not settle on the lawn in puddles, but immediately goes into the soil. Lawns for rooms do not pass water, and leave it on the surface. Therefore, for them wet cleaning is used less frequently.
Stages of laying artificial lawn on the street
Covering an artificial lawn with your own hands is easy. It can be laid both on the ground and on the asphalt or concrete base. In the second case, the lawn substrate is necessarily used, which is about a centimeter thick and is a durable and elastic material. Thinner substrates are not recommended, as they can be pressed through during use and the lawn will lose a perfectly flat surface.
Stages of work when laying artificial turf:
- Leveling the ground surface. The rolls are laid on a flat dense soil, so the area must be cleared of all kinds of debris and leveled. It is worth creating a small bias so that during the showers the water leaves the surface as soon as possible.
- Soil tamper. The leveled ground must be compacted. It is better to use a roller for this, but if it is not there, roll it with a heavy log or slap a wide board. For asphalt foundations, this stage of work is not needed.
- Creating drainage ditches. The very sediments are not terrible to cover, but the soil under it can rot, if you do not create drainage. At large sites along the edges it is worth digging trenches into which water will flow.
- Laying the substrate and lawn. We line the entire site with a substrate (for asphalt), and roll over it with artificial grass on top of it. It is necessary to roll in a straight line. Each subsequent row overlaps with the previous approximately 1.5 cm.
- Tracking the lawn. After the whole area is covered with grass, you can rest for 10-12 hours. During this time, the coating will straighten, bends removed, caused by a roll into rolls, and blade of grass will acquire a vertical shape.
- The bond between the rolls. Rolls are specially rolled overlapped in order to achieve the most dense joining of rows. For this place the overlap is trimmed with a knife, so that the joints are as close as possible to each other.
- Creating a curb. The edge of the lawn is decorated with a border that is attached to it with the same adhesive composition as the joints.
- Sanding and granulate. If a half-filling or backfill lawn is used, it is necessary to evenly sprinkle the quartz sand coating with a fraction of up to 0.6 mm. The exact size you recommend in the place of sale of the lawn. Backfilling is carried out only in dry weather. After that, the surface is carefully combed with a rake, so that the sand passes deeper between the blades of grass. Then pour rubber or rubber granulate. The consumption rate is found in the instructions for the purchased coating. It remains to comb and collect from the finished site all the garbage.
Before you begin to glue the rows, check whether there are folds, blisters on the floor, trim the edges, if there are any irregularities, and only then begin to glue. It is not necessary to postpone the gluing stage until later, because in the process of changing daytime temperatures, the material may “walk” and the edges will diverge. It is best to carry out the installation immediately after trimming. To do this, use a two-component adhesive and connecting tape 25-30 cm wide. Glue the strip, putting it with a spatula, unscrew the edges of the neighboring rolls, spread the tape under them with a glue part up and cover it with a covering. To ensure that the composition is well taped base lawn, roll seams roller. In large sports fields, the seams are additionally fastened with staples.
When the rolls laid overlap, lay for more than 10 hours, they straighten and become more convenient for cutting edges
The connecting tape is laid under the base of the artificial lawn so that each row has about half the width
It is not difficult to leave the artificial turf created: every six months, pour the granulate and periodically remove debris from the surface. For sturdy lawn coupling with the soil, once every 2 weeks, shed water and pierce the grass with special brushes to improve aeration and outflow of precipitation.
Artificial turf photo: structure, types
The grass cover is supplied in rolls so that the installation of artificial turf is as simple and convenient as possible.
The principle of its structure is based on the natural prototype. The basis for the lawn is an elastic material coated with latex, which is practically not subject to deformation. The pile fiber (grass) of different thickness and density is mounted on it (it is selected depending on the purpose of the lawn). The height of the pile, as a rule, varies from 6 mm to 10 cm.
Pick up for any purpose artificial grass which can be absolutely any thickness and direction of growth, thanks to a wide range of colors.
The best option for playgrounds, sports fields. The base is made of soft polyethylene fiber, which perfectly softens the shock when falling.
It is important to consider when laying: so that the coating is durable, artificial rolled lawn of this type is supplemented with quartz sand, which is filled in between the fibers.
Artificial Grass Coating: Benefits
- aesthetics of appearance for a long time
- year-round operation in indoor and outdoor areas,
- high rates of resistance to wear, the effects of natural factors (temperature changes, sunlight),
- does not allow weeds to multiply,
- hygroscopicity Even after heavy rain, puddles do not stand in artificial grass, moisture quickly seeps into the ground,
- easy care, no need for irrigation and fertilizer.
Artificial turf and care
Before laying artificial turf, you must be familiar with the basic rules of care. There is nothing complicated about it. It is enough that certain conditions of use are met, due to which the artificial grass lawn will increase its service life and will retain its presentable appearance for a long time.
The coating must be periodically cleaned, cleaned, and in some cases even disinfected with special means.
- Layers of sand and granulate need updating. It is enough to do this every six months. More frequent procedures may be due to the increased use of the lawn.
- Once a week, the lawn should be slightly moistened if the weather is dry - this improves the coupling with the base.
- Once every two weeks do not forget to do small punctures in the lawn. This will improve aeration, help prevent base condensation from rotting and prevent water accumulation.
Artificial lawn grass is an excellent tool for landscaping. If you follow all the recommendations for styling and care, it will serve for a very long time, without losing its beautiful decorative and functional properties.
The main advantage of using such a lawn is the possibility of cleaning it for the winter and ease of movement if necessary. Also, artificial grass solves the problem of gardening those areas where the cultivation of real grass is impossible.