Knotweed is a grass that can be found everywhere. It grows like a weed, it does not need to be planted specifically. It gives a lot of trouble to summer residents, as it weaves all garden crops, which retards their growth and development. The knotweed as a weed is very valuable, as it has vitamins useful for the human body. They should be read to understand their benefits and harm.
Medicinal properties and contraindications
Sporysh is popularly called the bird highlander. It is a plant whose stem in length reaches 80 cm, only the plant does not grow in height, but spreads along the ground. The stem is decorated with small leaves, the shape of which resembles an ellipse. During flowering, the plant blooms with small, almost imperceptible, flowers. Are meeting green and white flowers, and even with a pink tint. The knotweed fruit resembles triangular nuts, which birds love to eat. Because of this knotweed is called bird buckwheat.
The composition of the plant
Numerous studies have shown that the knotweed herb has a huge amount of beneficial vitamins and minerals. It also contains:
Iron, which is part of the plant, has a beneficial effect on blood. Vitamin A has a beneficial effect on the skin, making it look radiant and healthy.
In bird highlander there is a sufficient amount of pectin, which is able to remove poisons and heavy metals from the body.
Besides the fact that the plant has an excellent composition, it also has excellent taste. Most often it is used raw for cooking salads. The simplest and most useful salad, which includes a knotweed, is a mixture of chopped boiled eggs, dill and sour cream.
Since this plant has many valuable nutrients, it is widely used for the manufacture of medicines. They treat the following diseases:
Doctors, as well as adults who have no appetite, doctors prescribe a knotweed to improve appetite and increase body weight.
The nutrients that make up the plant, have a great effect on the circulatory system, contribute to good clotting blood. If the wound that is bleeding, apply a bandage soaked in the decoction of the plant, the blood will stop. If after childbirth or abortion you need to reduce blood discharge, it will be enough just to drink an infusion of herbs. Recreation after surgery will help all the same decoction.
Drugs, which include knotweed, are used for kidney stones. A useful ingredient is silicic acid, which contributes to painless splitting of salt in stones. After they are excreted naturally through urine. This result can be obtained if the stones are small. For a large size of stones, this method is no longer suitable.
Since the herb has a beneficial effect on the kidneys, it will perfectly cope with any inflammation. Regular intake allows you to remove excess fluid from the body.
Properly prepared decoction will help women who want but can not get pregnant. With its help, the reproductive function of the body is restored, the uterus wall tone increases.
Known medicines and recipes of traditional medicine, which include the grass mountaineer. With their help being treated tuberculosis, gastrointestinal tract, and swelling in the legs. Due to its excellent composition, knotweed is used for the prevention and treatment of other diseases.
Knotweed is part of herbal, which are intended for the treatment and prevention of cancer.
To heal wounds, scratches and abrasions faster, it is recommended to apply the sap of the plant, which accelerates the healing of wounds.
Before starting treatment, it seemed to be a harmless herb, it is imperative that you consult with your doctor in order not to aggravate your condition.
Like any medicinal plant, knotweed also has contraindications.
- Since the plant is used for better blood coagulation, prolonged use or excessive doses can cause thrombosis, angina, as well as stroke or even a heart attack. It is not recommended take people who have a bad heart. And also not advised to take the elderly.
- Taking drugs, which include knotweed, can lower blood pressure and stimulate intestinal peristalsis. It is contraindicated for people suffering from gallstone disease and constipation - their condition may worsen dramatically.
- If there are large stones, you can not take knotweed. Due to the size of the stone, it will not dissolve. What is left of the stone is likely to block the bile duct.
- During pregnancy, taking drugs that contain knotweed is strictly prohibited. This causes a tone and leads to premature labor or miscarriage.
- In acute forms of kidney and bladder disease, in order not to aggravate your condition, it is not recommended to use knotweed.
Traditional medicine, recipes
1. When infertility is an effective means is the reception of a decoy. And both spouses should drink it in order to have a quick result.
With regular intake of decoction, the uterus muscles become active, hormones return to normal. Due to normalization of respiration, the body regularly receives oxygen, which favorably affects the work of all internal organs.
As soon as pregnancy occurs, taking broth knotweed need to stop. If this is not done, the herb will trigger a miscarriage.
2. Regular intake of broth helps break down kidney stones and the subsequent discharge of salt accumulations. As a prevention, you should also take a decoction of the grass.
3. It is recommended that the "highlander" take with bleeding:
The herb has an excellent property to speed up blood clotting. When hemorrhoidal bleeding is recommended to use warm baths with a decoction of knotweed overnight.
4. Thanks to knotweed can improve the condition of the digestive tract. As soon as digestion is normalized, the outflow of bile is normalized. All inflammations of the intestine and gastric mucosa will pass, heal the stomach and duodenal ulcers. But you need to take the broth according to a special scheme, which will be prompted by the attending physician.
5. I’m able to cope with the following skin diseases:
- wounds and ulcers
- lip inflammation,
- inflammation of the oral cavity
- bleeding gums.
The herb is an excellent antiseptic, does not allow bacteria to develop, promotes rapid healing. For the treatment of the oral cavity you need to prepare a special infusion for rinsing. To treat wounds, you need to use the infusion both for washing and for compress.
6. In the spring and autumn, many people face the same problem - hair loss. Already known herb can help in this matter. Highlander avian. It is brewed in a certain proportion and is used to rinse hair. In order to have an effect, the procedure must be done every day for three weeks. As a result, hair follicles will be saturated with useful vitamins and minerals and will become stronger.
7. To bring the body into a tone, it is recommended to take this plant. If you cook a decoction of milk, it will have a calming effect during sudden convulsions.
From the grass, you can make tincture, decoction or squeeze the juice. It will depend on what and how you plan to treat.
Preparation of tincture: first of all, you need to buy or harvest grass, dry it. Three spoons are poured with a glass of boiling water and kept on a water bath for 15 minutes. The tincture is filtered and brought to the initial volume with boiled water. Take the "potion" you need before eating half a glass.
Cooking broth: To get the right proportion, 1 part of the grass and 10 parts of water are taken to prepare the decoction. Pre-dry grass should be chopped. Next, you need to pour boiling water and put in a water bath for half an hour. After another 15 minutes, the finished decoction can be drained and begin to take a tablespoon three times a day.
To cure rheumatism, gout and hemorrhoids, you need to take a decoction three times a day, only for a whole cup.
Milk decoction: This proven recipe was used by our grandmothers. The broth is prepared when the child begins to cough. Two tablespoons of the highlander bird fill 500 ml of milk and boil for 5 minutes. When decoction a little cool, it needs to be filtered and given to the child as a warm drink 4 times a day for half a glass.
The juice: if you need to get the juice from the grass, it is done during the period of its growth. Take this natural product should be 200 grams twice a day 30 minutes before meals. If the juice seems too bitter, you can add honey to it.
This method is used to treat hypertension, lung diseases and the urinary system. It is also possible to use the sap of a plant for the treatment of wounds and cuts, bruises, ulcers and other injuries. To do this, a clean cloth moistened with juice and treated wounds.
Features of harvesting and storage of knotweed
The knotweed is an annual plant with a branched stalk that weaves along the ground. As a blank, its stems and leaves are taken, which need to be collected only during the flowering period: from June to September.
For the manufacture of medicines, as well as for its use in traditional medicine, grass should be collected in the field away from the road. It is desirable that there is no landfill or pasture nearby. This herb will be environmentally friendly and will certainly cure any patient.
While collecting grass, only the tip is cut, for which a scythe or sickle is used. If the plant has grown heavily, you can mow the entire plantation with a scythe, and then choose only the knotweed. Since the plant does not dry up after the bevel, but continues to grow, in one summer season it is possible to gather several harvests of such healing herbs.
The cut grass is dried in the shade, it is desirable that the area is well ventilated. On a clean cloth or paper spread the grass in a thin layer. During the drying process, the grass dries out. evenly, it needs to be turned over periodically.
A good quality dry knot looks as follows: grass stems reach a length of 30 cm, their color is gray-green. Flowers have a delicate color, small leaves. There should be no extraneous knots, stems and roots. Well-dried herb has a faint odor, it has a tart, astringent taste.
After the grass is dried, it is desirable to decompose it in paper bags. Keep bags in a dry, dark and cool place. The maximum shelf life is three years.
By taking a knotweed correctly, you can cope with many diseases. Along with drug treatment, you can achieve results much faster.
Do not self-medicate - always consult your doctor before taking.
Knotweed is an excellent remedy for skin diseases. I listened to the advice, checked it - I am satisfied with the result. Recommend.
Knotweed - therapeutic properties and contraindications, phytotherapists reviews
The plant is used by adherents of unconventional treatment since ancient times. And this is not surprising, because the plant is a storehouse of useful substances and healing properties. It contains a significant amount:
- essential oils
- ascorbic acid
- Phenol carboxylic acids: gallic, caffeic, coumaric, chlorogenic,
- mucous substances
The richest composition gives the plant anti-inflammatory, anti-toxic, antiseptic, astringent, choleretic, antispasmodic, diuretic, antipyretic, diaphoretic, laxative, hemostatic, expectorant, wound healing, hypotensive and antihelminthic effects.
Known honeycomb preparations contribute to:
- removal, together with urine, of excess chlorine and sodium ions,
- increased filtration in the renal glomeruli,
- elimination of inflammatory processes
- reduction of vascular permeability,
- increase the contractility of the smooth muscle organs,
- normalization of the functioning of the digestive tract,
- suppression of bacterial microflora,
- reduce intestinal resorption,
- stimulation of reparative processes of the gastric mucosa,
- therapy: colds, bronchial asthma, pneumonia, pleurisy, cough, tuberculosis, abnormalities of the skin, rheumatism, hemorrhoids, burns, gastritis, stomatitis, dysentery.
Infusion for impotence therapy
Combine in equal quantities the knotweed with motherwort, cinquefoil goose, centaury, periwinkle leaves, sage, immortelle, mordovnik, yarrow, orchid tubers, dogrose, fennel, eleutherococcus, plantain, virgin. Crush components and brew freshly boiled water in five hundred milliliters. Set aside a few hours. Use 100 ml of the drug twice a day.
Obesity, nervous exhaustion, malaise: the use of tincture
Pour a few tablespoons of dried, chopped herb into a liter bottle. Pour raw materials quality vodka - half a liter. Insist means in a cool place for two weeks. Do not forget to shake the contents from time to time. Drain the tincture and take 20 drops twice a day.
Healing infusion in the treatment of hypertension
Mix in equal proportions the grass of the mountaineer with a sweet clover, shepherd's bag, yarrow, licorice, baptismal, wild rosemary, fireweed, rosehip, motherwort. Thirty grams of the mixture must be brewed in three hundred milliliters of boiling water. Further composition must be insisted. Drink ½ cup of the drug after each meal.
Useful trace elements contained in the bulge
Knotweed contains the following beneficial trace elements and substances:
- about 0.2-1% flavonoids,
- Avcularin (Quercetin 3-arabinoside),
- tannic acids,
- about 1% silicic acid,
- phenol-carboxylic acids and their derivatives from coumarin, including umbelliferon and scopoletin,
- other phytonutrients.
The spores also contain a lot of vitamin C, K, E. There are tannins and essential oils.
Knotweed - healing properties
The knotweed grass (mountaineer) is used as a medicine. For this, all its parts are assembled. Knights of knotweed were known in Chinese and domestic traditional medicine.
In Asia, knotweed is used in rural healing practices to treat many diseases, such as:
- lung diseases
- skin diseases
- reducing sweating with tuberculosis,
- increase in urine
- redness, swelling and bleeding of the gums, mouth and throat,
- preventing or stopping bleeding.
The plant is a coagulant, diuretic and expectorant. Modern herbalists use it to treat dysentery, excessive menstruation, lung diseases, bronchitis and jaundice, gallstones and kidney stones.
In China and Southeast Asia today, the above-ground parts of knotweed are used, they are harvested in summer and dried.
Use of knotweed in treatment
- Knotweed is used in the treatment of renal failure and kidney stones. The pain of kidney stones or other diseases can be excruciating. The knotweed promotes diuresis by increasing urine production by the kidneys.
- Alcohol-based knotweed tincture helps to treat varicose veins.
- The herb is used as an astringent for the treatment of wounds, bleeding, diarrhea, hemorrhoids.
- The mountaineer bird is useful for the treatment of SARS, throat mucosa and oral cavity (gingivitis).
- In the Swedish traditional medicine knotweed is used to treat external purulent inflammation.
- The herb reduces sweating associated with tuberculosis.
- Relieves bleeding and swelling of the gums.
- Stops heavy menstruation and nosebleeds.
- This is an effective tool for removing helminths.
- Silicic acid in the grass helps to ease lung diseases, because it strengthens the connective tissues inside the organs.
- Analgesic for fever and inflammation.
- Knotweed seeds are used as an emetic and laxative.
- It is used for metabolic disorders, struggling with obesity.
- Knotweed helps with infertility, has a positive effect on the contraction of the muscles of the uterus.
- Improves appetite.
- A decoction of knotweed, made with milk, soothes seizures cramps.
- The plant is often included in the fees, which are used to treat scurvy, gout, gastritis, cystitis, uterine bleeding, whooping cough.
- Knotweed is used for baths as an antibacterial agent.
- The herb is used topically to treat sore throats and vaginal inflammations. It is necessary to make a decoction of knotweed root (10-20 grams) for 2 cups of water, use 3 times a day. Can be used for douching, compresses, rinsing.
Recipe for decoction and infusion for diarrhea
For diarrhea, use the following recipe for decoction:
- Take oak bark and knotweed grass in proportions of 1: 1.
- One tablespoon of the collection pour 400 ml of boiling water, brew and infuse for 30 minutes.
- Drink 0.5 glass before meals, no more than 3 times a day.
Также можно приготовить такой настой из спорыша:
- Три столовые ложки сухой или свежей травы залить 200 мл кипятка.
- Поставить на водяную баню, нагреть в течение 15 минут.
- Снять с огня, настоять 45 минут, процедить.
- Довести кипяченой водой до объема 200 мл.
- Принимать треть или полстакана настоя 2-3 раза в день до еды.
With convulsions, pulmonary diseases, hypertension, pathologies of the urogenital system
Stir a teaspoon of honey into 100-200 ml of juice. Drink half an hour before meals 2-3 times a day.
There are several options for the manufacture of decoctions, the choice of a suitable recipe depends on the existing disease.
Pour 200 ml of boiling water 20 g of raw material, put in a water bath for 15–20 minutes. After 45 minutes, filter.
Rinse with a decoction of hair after daily washing of the head. The full course includes up to 20 procedures.
A glass of fresh knotweed (pre-crushed) pour 1000 ml of water. After boiling, leave to simmer for 5 minutes. Insist an hour or more. To filter
Apply to affected areas in the form of lotions or pour into foot baths.
Means prepares in the morning.
Pour the raw materials (tablespoon) with boiling water (200 ml) and hold in a water bath for 30 minutes. Filter when cool.
It is necessary to drink medicine in the mornings, combining with the broth of the cocklebur. Folk healers are advised to first take the decoction of the highlander and then, 10 minutes later, 100 ml of the cockleberry broth.
The silicic acid contained in the lump erodes calcium salts in the stones, destroying the formation. It is important to understand that large and durable stones are not amenable to such effects.
Prepared according to the above recipe composition to use a tablespoon. The multiplicity of reception - 3-4 times a day.
In equal shares to mix:
Pour 3 tablespoons of the collection of 0.6 liters of water, wait for the boil and keep on quiet fire for 40-60 minutes. To filter
Drink 100 ml. The duration of therapy is 1-2 months.
Pour 300 ml of water, crushed fresh knotweed (2 teaspoons), boil, wait for cooling, filter.
During the day, drink the prepared composition in several doses, using the medicine before meals.
In equal volumes combine licorice root (processed into powder) and crushed dry mountaineer. Pour 0.5 boiling water over 2 tablespoons of the mixture and leave on a quiet fire for 3-5 minutes. After waiting half an hour, filter.
Single dose - 50 ml, take the medication 4-5 times a day.
Heat a highlander poured with a glass of boiling water (1–2 tablespoons) in a water bath for 10–15 minutes. Wait for cooling, filter.
Use, adhering to one of the schemes:
- single dose - 100 ml, taken in the morning and evening,
- single dose - 1 tablespoon, take 4 times a day.
Video: knotweed drug power, how to cook and apply a decoction
In order to improve the knotweed is used as a separate component or in composition with other ingredients.
Insist 2.5 hours a tablespoon of raw materials, brewed in 0.7 liters of boiling water.
Use three times a day, 100 ml.
With cough, whooping cough, stones in the urinary and gall bladder
Brew, preferably in a thermos, knotweed, adhering to the ratio of 4 tablespoons of raw materials per 0.2 liter of boiling water. Leave for 1-2 hours.
During the day, use 50 ml of medication in 3 doses.
Connect by teaspoon:
To steam a mixture of 200 ml of boiling water, wait for cooling, filter.
Consumption scheme: 3-4 times a day for a tablespoon.
In equal parts mix:
Steam the resulting composition with boiling water (tablespoon of the composition of 0.2 liters of boiling water). After an hour, filter.
Pour 0.4 liters of boiling water 3 teaspoons fresh plant. Insist 4 hours, filter.
Drink 4 times a day 100 ml before meals.
Combine silverweed goose, centaury, knotweed and horsetail, adhering to the proportion of 5: 3: 1: 1. A tablespoon of the composition to steam 200 ml of boiling water, wait 60 minutes, strain.
During the day, drink in small sips.
In 200 ml of boiling water, brew 3 teaspoons of dried raw materials, wait 40 minutes, strain.
Drink 3-4 times a day.
Steam for 3–5 minutes in 1 liter of boiling water a glass of dried or fresh plant. To filter
A means to quench thirst, using it instead of other drinks, before the onset of pregnancy. After conception, immediately stop taking the infusion, as the use of a plant can cause miscarriage.
A tablespoon of dried herbs pour boiling water (0.2 l). Wait for cooling, filter. Combine with fresh beet juice, respecting the proportion of 1 to 1.
Drink three times a day on the spoon. The course of therapy is 1 month.
- In equal volumes to combine the leaves of a bear's ear, sash pods of dwarf beans, grass gryzhnika and knotweed. Pour 15 g of the resulting mixture of 0.2 l of boiling water, insist, filter. For the day, drink the drug in several doses. It is necessary to use means warm. Every morning should be prepared fresh medicine.
- A tablespoon of dried raw materials pour 0.2 liters of boiling water, wait half an hour, filter. Use three times a day, a single dose - a tablespoon.
With pathologies of the bladder, liver, urolithiasis
Make a herbal collection, connecting in equal shares:
Pour 4 tablespoons of the mixture into a saucepan, pour in 0.2 l of boiling water. Close the container and put in a warm place for 2 hours.
During the day, drink a tablespoon of the composition, taking the medicine every 3 hours.
- immortelle inflorescences, St. John's wort (in 4 parts),
- buckthorn bark and highlander (in 3 parts),
- chamomile (2 parts).
Four tablespoons of the prepared composition to steam a liter of boiling water. It must be infused all night.
In the morning, on an empty stomach, take a glass of the product, distribute the remaining volume into 4 servings and drink it within one day after an meal.
- hawthorn and wild rose berries (10 pieces each),
- grass cudweed marsh (5 parts),
- chamomile flowers (4 parts)
- birch leaves and cowberry leaves, dandelion roots, mountaineer (3 parts),
- herb clover medicinal and wintergreen (2 parts).
Pour 0.5 liters of boiling water 2 tablespoons of the mixture, wrap the container with the composition thoroughly and leave for 6-8 hours. To filter
Take warm remedy 5–8 times a day, drinking 50–65 ml of the medicine at a time.
Tablespoon knotweed pour a glass of boiling water, wait 30-40 minutes, filter.
Drink 100 ml three times a knock. The duration of therapy is 1 week.
Tea from knotweed - a tool whose manufacture requires the least amount of time.
In a heat-resistant container, pour 2 tablespoons (with a hill) of a highlander and pour 250 ml of cold water into the product. Wait for boiling, remove from fire, filter.
Drink 2-3 cups per day.
A few weeks every day to enjoy tea, made according to the above recipe. The course is repeated in spring and autumn.
Tincture with cholelithiasis and liver pathologies
Place 2 teaspoons of dry raw material into dark glass containers. Pour 200 ml of alcohol. Leave for 10 days. To filter
Single dose - 15-20 drops of the drug, pre-mixed in 100 ml of water. Receiving tinctures repeated three times a day.
Avian Highlander in the treatment of children will help with cough and whooping cough, as well as with convulsions. However, before using the consultation pediatrician is required.
The algorithm for the manufacture of medicines is simple: 5 minutes in 500 ml of milk boil 2 tablespoons of raw materials.
Give the child 4 times a day for 100 ml of the product.
Use of the plant is contraindicated in:
- individual intolerance,
- exacerbation of the urinary system, kidney,
- thrombophlebitis, varicose veins and a tendency to the formation of blood clots,
- heart disease,
- low blood pressure
- excess sputum when coughing.
Among folk healers, the mountaineer is known as a plant that can get rid of gallstones and kidneys. However, in case of kidney and gallstone diseases, use of the knotweed requires caution and obligatory medical supervision: a stone that has not been completely absorbed may block the ducts, creating a danger to life. In the presence of formations with a diameter of more than 6 mm, the use of the highlander is contraindicated.
If knotweed is used in combination with other components, it is necessary to take into account the contraindications of all components that make up the medicine.
In the treatment of most diseases, the mountain dweller can be used only as an auxiliary method in the complex therapy after consulting a doctor.
The unpretentious knotweed that grows along the roadsides has a healing power that can speed up the cure of many ailments. However, therapy should be based on the individual characteristics of the patient, which is why it is important to consult a doctor before resorting to the use of traditional medicines.
The composition of active ingredients.
Highland bird grass contains:
- Flavonoids Avikulyarin and Quercetin. Vegetable polyphenols of organic compounds of the aromatic series. Flavonoids are known as substances protecting tissues from excessive solar radiation. Quercetin creates conditions that reduce the activity of atomic oxygen and counteracts the effects of inflammation,
- Ascorbic acid. Vitamin C is listed as the main component in the diet, necessary for the activity of connective and bone tissue, manifests itself as an element eliminating the influence of chemically active substances. Ascorbic acid is involved in chemical reactions converting cholesterol compounds into bile acids. It starts the process of formation of interferon, improves the capture of iron ions in the small intestine,
- Vitamin K. Takes an active part in the regulation of the physiological stages of blood coagulation and saturation of the bones of the skeleton with calcium,
- Vitamin E. It is an effective stimulator of the immune system, helping to strengthen the body’s defenses,
- Carotene. Carotene compounds inhibit the formation of oxygen free radicals. Thus, they protect the cells of the immune system from chemically active elements and help maintain a good immune system. Participates in the formation of rhodopsin, a visual pigment necessary in low light,
- Silicic acidand its soluble compounds
- Bitterness. Substances produced by plants with a bitter taste. Used to enhance appetite and normalize digestion. The reaction to the presence of bitterness is manifested in a reflex increase in the amount of gastric juice, under the influence of stimulation of taste receptors in the oral cavity,
- Tannins.A set of components having chemical properties of phenolic character. The presence of these substances gives a special astringent taste. They can form various shades of green or blue with iron compounds.
The use of knotweed.
Highlander can be used in medicinal collections in a mixture with other medicinal plants.
Various methods of application, harvested knotweed, as a therapeutic agent: decoctions, tinctures, tea drinks are allowed.
- Tincture. For self-preparation of the knotweed tincture, 70% alcohol is required. This concentration is chosen experimentally and most fully extracts the active ingredients from the highlander bird. Infusion of herbs should be made in a glass container. For 100 ml of alcohol, add 10 grams of dried knotweed grass. This proportion should be maintained if you wish to make a larger volume of tincture. The container with the mixture should be placed in a dark place for 10 days. During this time, mix the contents of the container well 3 times. Then filter the content. The finished tincture should be stored in the refrigerator. It is necessary to drink the tincture 3 times a day, half an hour before meals, one dessert spoon, you can dilute this dose in 50 milliliters of water.
- Decoction. For the manufacture of broth need 10 grams of grass per 100 ml of water. This proportion is complied with for any amount of broth being prepared. A glass container with the mixture is placed in a simple water bath, put several layers of cloth on the bottom of a suitable saucepan and cover with water. Heat for 40 minutes, then wait for the broth to cool to room temperature and filter. Take 3 times a day, 20 minutes before meals, 100 ml. Keep ready decoction to be in the refrigerator. Shelf life is not more than 3 days.
- Spiniscus infusion. It is not difficult to make an infusion, you need to put 20 grams of dried, crushed grass into 200 ml of boiling water, hold for 20 minutes, filter, use 50 ml, 3 times a day, 20 minutes before eating.
All of these drugs are used in the following conditions:
- With various skin lesions, wounds, bruises, used lotions of brewed knotweed. This form allows you to soothe the pain and contributes to the formation of granulations of new cells in places of damage,
- Medical forms of knotweed demonstrate astringent features, remove the symptoms of the painful condition of the stomach and intestines,
- To enhance blood clotting, are used in the treatment of severe uterine bleeding,
- For the use of their diuretic features, in diseases of the urinary tract,
- To gently lower blood pressure,
- As a means of enhancing the body’s immunity,
- When treating patients with pulmonary tuberculosis, improve the appetite and allow you to quickly recover the necessary body weight.
With all the wonderful characteristics of knotweed, one should not forget that the treatment of diseases should be approached responsibly. No need to refuse to take medication prescribed when visiting the clinic. During the exacerbation of the disease can only help their application. Almost all the remedies from medicinal plants are used as an addition to the main treatment. These funds help the body overcome the effects of the disease and are often used as preventive measures to prevent the exacerbation of chronic diseases.
To keep in reserve, harvested grass for more than 3 years should not be, many active substances by the end of this period lose their activity, and the benefits of the use of old grass will be small.
It is necessary to pay special attention to the inadmissibility of the use of all types of knotweed preparations during pregnancy. This medicinal plant increases the tone of the uterus, which can cause unwanted complications of the normal development of the fetus.
Knotweed grass: photos, description
The botanical name of the herbaceous annual is Polygonum aviculare. There are many names among the people - ant, dog pepper, serpentine, and also bird mountaineer, since small birds feed on the seeds of the plant.
Grass shoots appear in late May-early June. Flexible articulated stems from 30 to 100 cm long grow from the stem rhizome. They do not rise high above the ground, and more often - they spread along its surface.
Leaf knotweed - elongated, rounded at the top, light green. They are attached to the stems with short petioles, gathering in bundles of 3-4 pieces.
From June to the end of summer, the bird mountaineer blooms with small greenish-white flowers, forming inflorescences at the base of the leaves. Of them are formed dark trited nuts.
Where is the knotweed growing?
The plant belongs to the cosmopolitan species, which grow in most countries of the world. Like many weeds, avian highlander is unpretentious to climatic conditions, soil and moisture. It is found in all regions of Russia, except the polar territories.
Sporysh can be found in wastelands, in gardens, fields and along river banks. For therapeutic purposes, it is not recommended to collect the grass along the roads - it can be polluted by automobile exhausts.
Knotweed with infertility (for conception), reviews
Russian healers have traditionally advised the healing tea of the bird mountaineer to barren couples. A daily portion of the product is prepared from 1 cup of dried grass and a liter of boiling water. The ingredients are mixed in a glass container and left for half an hour, wrapped with a towel.
The filtered liquid is drunk during the day, replacing it with coffee and tea. Reception does not depend on the female cycle, and can last from 1 to 4 months.
The second variant of the means for conception is a collection of 1 tsp of a highlander bird and 2 tbsp. spoons of sage. Herbs are put in a jar, pour 0.5 liters of hot water (+ 60ᵒ C) and put in a saucepan with water. Boil for 15 minutes, then leave under the lid until cool.
The broth is drunk three times a day, half a glass, 15 minutes before meals. Reception begins one week before ovulation and continues throughout the entire menstural cycle.
Reviews of women report that the use of knotweed leads to conception, even with the diagnosis of "secondary infertility." The tool also helps to resolve ovulation, eliminate pain during menstruation. For a more effective result, it is recommended that the future father also drink herbal tea.
Important! If you suspect a pregnancy reception of funds must be terminated. Avian Highlander actively stimulates the muscles of the uterus, and can cause miscarriage.
What else helps knotweed?
The plant has powerful anticonvulsant properties. His drugs relieve seizures caused by an imbalance of calcium and magnesium, for example - with rickets, dehydration, beriberi. In such situations, use the milk decoys knotweed.
For the preparation of funds placed in a saucepan 2 hours spoon of herbs and a glass of milk. Boil for 3 minutes on a quiet fire, cool to + 40ᵒ С and pass through a sieve. Drink in warm form 1-2 times a day until the cessation of seizures.
Silicon compounds in the knotweed stop skin itchiness with urticaria and insect bites. Fresh plant is ground in a mortar to form a thick puree. Smear it on folded gauze and apply to the affected skin.
Flavonoids plants activate the metabolism, which accelerates the effect of weight loss diets. Dried grass is mixed in equal proportions with corn silk and crushed rosehips. Put 1 tbsp. ложку полученного сбора в термос, добавляют стакан кипятка и оставляют на ночь.
Наутро состав процеживают, делят на 3 части и пьют за 15 мин до еды. После 10 дней приёма делают перерыв на 10 дней, затем повторяют курс. Средство даёт снижение веса на 4-6 кг за месяц при условии соблюдения диеты.
Рецепты в домашних условиях
Для приготовления лекарственных средств применяется верхняя часть стеблей спорыша с листьями — примерно 40 см от верхушки. Raw materials are collected from June to August and used fresh or dried.
For diseases of the digestive tract, liver and gallbladder, use the funds from the root of the plant. Hemorrhoids are treated with powder made from ground knotweed seeds.
The maximum therapeutic substances can be extracted from the grass by preparing herbal tea, decoctions, infusions. For long-term storage, tinctures on alcohol, vodka and strong wine are suitable.
From bronchitis, pneumonia, tracheitis well helps infusion of fresh herbs. In a glass container combine 1 tbsp. spoonful of finely chopped knotweed leaves and 2 cups boiling water. Cover with a tight lid, cover with a towel and incubate for 4 hours.
The finished product is filtered through a sieve and drink 10 days, 0.5 cups four times a day, before meals. Infusion facilitates coughing, removes phlegm, relieves inflammation in the airways.
The second method of preparation is suitable for cleansing the urinary tract from infections and stones. In a glass jar mix 2 teaspoons of chopped dried herbs and a glass of boiling water. Leave the composition under cover for half an hour.
Strained infusion consumed three times a day for a third cup. Take at least a week, outside the periods of acute illness.
Another version of the infusion is designed for men suffering from prostatitis. The tool is prepared from 1 tbsp. spoons of dry grass and 0.5 liters of water. Components are combined in a saucepan and put on a quiet fire for 20 minutes.
Hot broth is poured into a thermos and kept in it for 24 hours. Then it is passed through a sieve and drunk half an hour before lunch. Accept 10-15 days, then do an interval in 10 days and repeat once again.
Water knotweed preparations are used for more than 20 diseases, including:
- High blood pressure and headaches. In these cases, it helps the remedy of dry grass knotweed. In a glass jar put 1 tbsp. spoon raw, add a glass of boiling water. The container is placed in a saucepan with water and kept for 10 minutes over low heat. The cooled broth is filtered and consumed in 1 tbsp. spoon thrice a day. The course of reception - from 5 to 10 days.
- Cholecystitis, gastritis and chronic hepatitis. Mix in a small bowl 1 tbsp. spoonful of finely chopped dry plant root and a glass of water (temperature + 20ᵒ С). The composition is boiled for half an hour in a water bath. Then incubated under the lid for 15 minutes and filtered. Accepted for 10 days. The order of application - four times a day, 1 tbsp. spoon for 15 minutes before eating.
- Indigestion and diarrhea. In a saucepan connect 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dried grass and 0.5 liters of hot water (+ 60-70ᵒ С). The mixture is boiled over low heat for 10 minutes, then filtered through cheesecloth. Drink 0.5 glass four times a day, until complete cessation of diarrhea.
The third version of the decoction is also suitable for the treatment of wounds. Means moisten a thick layer of gauze and apply to the damaged area of the body as a compress. The procedure is carried out in the morning and in the evening, for half an hour.
With the help of a juicer from fresh grass, you can get a liquid that is richly rich in healing substances. The method of preparation is as follows:
- Cut with a knife the tops of the stems with leaves 30-40 cm long.
- Wash the raw material and leave it on a piece of paper for drying.
- Finely cut the grass, put it in an enameled bowl and pour water in a volume of 0.1 of the amount of grass mass. Leave for 3 hours.
- Let the mixture through a juicer, poured into a glass bottle and put in the refrigerator.
The drug is used for nephritis, cystitis, urethritis, as well as inflammation of the appendages in women. They drink it four times a day, half an hour before meals. Portion for 1 reception - 3 tbsp. spoons of juice mixed with 1 tbsp. spoon of honey.
When stones in the bladder and kidneys, gout, osteochondrosis, it is recommended to include fresh juice in the composition of the herbal. It is made from yarrow, watermelon seeds, lingonberry leaf, shepherd's purse and celandine.
Take 100 g of each product and grind in a coffee grinder. 1 tbsp. a spoonful of the obtained powder is mixed with 2 cups of water and boiled over low heat for 5 minutes. Leave on for 1 h, then filter and add 4 tbsp. spoons of knotweed juice.
Take 0.5 cups four times a day before meals. Use for 2 months, then make a monthly interval. The course is repeated three times.
For the long-term treatment of chronic diseases, alcohol plant essences are more effective. For example, from the stones in the gallbladder helps vodka tincture. For its preparation is placed in a glass jar 1 tbsp. spoon of dry grass knotweed, add 2 cups of vodka and clean in a closed cabinet for 10 days.
The finished product is passed through a strainer. Consume before meals, three times a day, 20 drops each, diluting 0.5 cups of warm water. The following regimen is 1 month, then a monthly break and a second course.
From strong diarrhea recommended tincture on red wine. It requires dry herbs - 4 tbsp. spoons of knotweed and 2 tbsp. spoons of horsetail, as well as 1 liter of dry wine with a strength of at least 10%.
The ingredients are placed in a glass dish and kept for a week in the dark. Then poured into a saucepan, boil for 3 minutes on a quiet fire. The cooled tincture is filtered. Drink in a heated form, 0.5 cups every 4 hours, until complete cessation of diarrhea.
Another option tincture is used for chronic gastritis, pancreatitis, gastric ulcer. In a glass container combine 100 g of dried knotweed and 1 liter of high-quality vodka. The composition is put on the day in a warm place, then passed through a strainer.
Take before each meal 20 drops, mixed with water. The minimum rate is 1 month.
Important! Alcohol preparations knotweed can not be used for exacerbation of chronic diseases - they create an undue burden on diseased organs.
With heavy menstruation and uterine bleeding
- Brew a tablespoon of dried herbs knotweed into 200 ml of hot water, for one hour, let it brew and strain.
- Take 3-4 times a day, one tablespoon.
Another collection recipe for heavy menstruation:
- The mountaineer, the grass of the shepherd's bag, white mistletoe and the fruits of the barberry are mixed in equal parts.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture, pour a glass of boiling water, insist for half an hour and filter.
- Take 2-3 times a day for half a glass.
To stimulate and improve the ovaries
- Take 2 parts of an ordinary cuff and flowers of meadowsweet, one part of knotweed, medicinal sage and clover grass, mixed, pour a tablespoon of the mixture with a glass of hot water and heat on a water bath for about 15 minutes, and then filter.
- Dilute to the original volume with boiled water and mix with 1.5 ml of golden root tincture (10%).
- Take three times a day before meals for a third cup.
Knotweed for conception is prepared as follows:
- A tablespoon of herbs is poured with a glass of hot water and heated for 20 minutes in a water bath.
- Then insist 45 minutes and filter.
- Broth knotweed need to take two tablespoons 3-4 times daily before meals.
Another recipe for conception:
- It is necessary to take 4 tablespoons of herbs in half a liter of hot water and infuse in a thermos for 4 hours.
- Take half a cup of the infusion three times a day about half an hour before meals.
- This infusion is equally useful for both men and women.
In addition, this recipe, as traditional healers say, helps to conceive a boy.
Knotweed herb - contraindications
- Some members of the Buckwheat family contain oxalic acid, which, although useful, sometimes leads to mineral deficiency.
- People with a tendency to rheumatism, arthritis, gout, kidney stones should take this into account and take special care when using knotweed for medicinal purposes.
- Highlander bird can increase blood clotting, narrow blood vessels, leading to increased blood pressure.
- With improper dosing or intolerance, a knotweed can cause angina, thrombosis, stroke or heart attack.
- With knotweed grass, you need to be careful of older people.
- Since the plant stimulates intestinal peristalsis, it can worsen the condition in people suffering from constipation and gallstones.
- When gallstone disease is treated, not all stones break up, and then a large stone can get stuck in the bile duct.
- Do not use knotweed pregnant. The plant is able to provoke a miscarriage.
- The seeds and leaves of the highlander bird are toxic. In ancient times, they were used to cause diarrhea and vomiting with poisoning with poisons.
Knotweed - medicinal properties and contraindications: reviews
Many people leave their comments on the use of this herb for some ailments and this is what they write.
Alexey, 44 years old. “Peel broth knotweed from edema. It helps very well, because is a strong diuretic. Earlier every morning, he swelled a lot, but now there is absolutely no edema.
Natalia, 59 years old. “I made a knotweed infusion to combat cystitis as an adjunct to drug treatment. I can not say that only the grass helped, because I was being treated seriously, but probably the knotweed did ease my suffering. ”