Method Mittleider use numerous gardeners is not the first year. This technique is applicable on a small plot of 6 acres. The plot according to Mitlayder is designed for growing ecologically clean harvest for a short time. At the same time, the time spent on processing all plants, according to this concept, is significantly reduced due to the use of a small area.
The principle of creating narrow beds
It is necessary to approach this method of management deliberately. Since the beds are narrow, and between them the aisles will be on the same plot year after year. Therefore, the transition to this method of cultivation should be well thought out. In addition, the device of such ridges requires a lot of effort.
Preparation and division of the site
First you need to decide on a place to disembark. At the same time, it is necessary to take into account which cultures will grow on these ridges. Since the agrotechnology of garden plants is different. In each case, be it a shaded area or a place in the sun, it must be properly leveled, cleaned from the former roots and different weeds.
After that, the whole site is divided into strips according to the size of narrow beds. According to Meatlider's method, the width of any beds should be 50 cm, and the aisles between them should be 1 m. In case the area does not allow to determine such a distance, the width of the approaches can be reduced to 85-90 cm. it is not desirable. Because such landings will suffer from a lack of lighting and space for a full increase.
Ridges can be of different lengths, it all depends on the size of the site and your wishes. In a small area it is allowed to make ridges up to 5 meters long.
According to the calculations of many gardeners, in 1 place with an area of 1.5 acres can be made about 21 beds with meter moves between them. In order for all plants to be equally hydrated and fed, the ridges must be made exactly horizontally.
For the convenience of work on the breakdown of ridges to the ground for processing you can stick iron pins and pull the rope between them. The formation of beds is carried out on the day of planting.
Fertilizers for garden beds
Before planting garden crops fertilize their territory. Fertilizers sprinkle a narrow strip between the rope.
According to mitlider technology, 2 types of mixtures are introduced:
- the first mixture - 450 g
- the second mixture - 225 g
For the manufacture of the first fertilizer it is necessary to mix chalk, dolomitic, and also good limestone flour - 5 kilograms of each element. Next, add boric acid - 35 g. Such a billet is suitable for earth with an acid reaction. For alkaline soils in the beds it is recommended to replace lime with potassium sulfate.
For fertilizer number 2 take the following items:
- magnesium sulfate - 300 g,
- nitroammofoski - 3 kg,
- boric acid - 15 g,
- ammonium - 1.5 g
This mixture is not to be stored and should be applied immediately after production.
Instead, fertilizers under No. 2 can be used already ready complex fertilizer, specialized for similar plantings. In the present period - this is GROWTH2. For 1 kilogram of such a substance, 50 g of magnesium sulfate should be added, ammonium molybdate - 1.5 g, 2 g of boric acid. This fertilizer is applied twice: before sowing - 250 g in the intended area for planting and 200 g during feeding of crops. After the fertilizers are introduced to the ridges, it is recommended to dig the soil well to a depth of 15-20 cm.
After that, you can proceed to the development of ridges according to the method of Meatlider. The ends and edges of the ridges should be closed with sides of about 10 cm in height. This will prevent water running off during the irrigation period. The voids between the sides inside should be as smooth as possible and should not exceed 35 cm.
Sowing vegetables and planting seedlings
Before planting seeds, it is very important to make 1 shallow depth along each side from the inside. For this you can always use chopper. In order to eliminate the need to thin out all the seedlings, it is recommended to mix too small seeds of crops with sand or good sawdust: 5 g of seeds are mixed with 0.5 liters of sand or sawdust, then sown in the grooves. On top of all the planted seeds well sprinkled with a thin layer of sand and covered with stripes of burlap. This will prevent their mobility during watering. As soon as the first shoots appear, the burlap can be removed.
Planting the largest seeds on the ridge, according to the variant of Meatleider, is carried out separately. For example, peas should be planted at a distance of 5-6 cm from each other, legumes - at a distance of 10-12 cm. The rule of planting seeds is carried out taking into account their thickness. For effective increase in seeds they need to be planted to a depth of 2 times more from their thickness.
Seeds of large sizes are planted at four times the depth. Seedling is carried out at the same distance. Layouts are created using markers or land markers. This fixture is equipped elongated slats from a log, in which big nails stick up with their heads down. For narrow ridges it is very practical to use a marker with a gap between nails of 17.5 cm. This makes it possible to draw the soil into pieces - 17.5, 35 and 70 cm.
At a distance of 17.5 cm, you can plant tomatoes, corn, potatoes. Celery, cabbage, lettuce are planted at a distance of 35 cm. Such crops as pumpkin and zucchini can be planted at a distance of 70 cm. Strawberries are also grown according to the same principle.
Large crops that occupy a lot of land are recommended to be planted not at the center of the ridge, but at the sides. Other plants are planted in 2 lines. All cultures need good lighting. This can be counted cabbage and other crops.
Shelter beds for shelters
In order to obtain an excellent and high-quality crop, according to Mittlider's version, tall plants should be planted to the north from low crops. After 7-8 days after planting, they need to feed. Fertilizers are applied every 10 days. For these purposes, apply fertilizer number 2. 230 grams should be added to each row. Small or granulated substances should be inserted in the middle of the ridge by a narrow strip. Then they are abundantly watered so that they completely dissolve.
The frequency of feeding will depend on the type of plant. For example, a radish or turnip must be enriched twice in a whole season. Beetroot and potatoes are fed three times, pumpkin, carrot, cabbage, lettuce, peas and beans have the need for 5-times feeding for the entire growth period. Record holders - zucchini, cucumbers and tomatoes. They are fed up to 8 times per season.
It is necessary to remember one important rule: the loosening of the land on the ridges is not conducted even if the land needs it. According to Mietlider's method, the plants are planted close to the surface, therefore, their roots are very easily and easily spoiled, including during the very loosening of the earth.
A natural phenomenon is an increase in weeds on plantings. Give your plants proper care and eliminate weeds if they are not yet managed to increase and set. The sides on which weeds arise are disintegrated with the help of a rake, then new ones are formed from the same land.
In a similar way, young weeds are simply destroyed. The development of different weeds on ridges is a rather rare phenomenon. They can not increase in places where there is a lot of salt, and fertilizers are introduced. You also need to clean the weeds from the weeds. After a couple of years, they will stop growing on the paths, because the land in this area is not dug up, and weed seeds are deep. After 2-3 years, the weeds by and large will stop disturbing you and your landings. In the future, it is not recommended to change tracks and beds.
If the planting of garden crops will be carried out on a small place, in a greenhouse or on the slopes, it is necessary to use another method of Mittleider, which is based on the arrangement of the boxes.
Boxes without bottom are distributed on cleared from weeds and perfectly loosened earth. Their length has no restrictions, but the breadth should be strictly 20 cm. The boxes are filled with an artificial mixture, which contains organic substances. Certain gardeners make mud from sand and sawdust 1: 3.
Planting of all plants in the tank is carried out in an upright position. Soil in the boxes do not replace, simply from time to time spilling, filling to the top. In case of negative atmospheric conditions, the boxes-beds can always be covered with a film. Before it is necessary to build a frame with a wire whose diameter is 5 mm. It is cut into pieces of 2 m each, forming an arcuate shape. On top of the frame impose cellophane. To her to hold, the edges of the film are sprinkled with soil. In the future, landings from time to time are airing, revealing cover only from the ends.
In one season, the site according to Mitlayder allows the gardener to harvest a double crop of crops. Meatlider's method allows you to significantly save time and reduce labor costs. Day-to-day care of landings will take only an hour.
Boxes-ridges can be made from wood and other materials. These frames do not have a bottom, they need to be filled with something and used in cases where simple beds cannot be formed in the way of Metlider.
Before planting seedlings, it is also possible to fill artificial seed boxes with boxes, in no case can one use natural soil. You can make a good substrate with sawdust, sand, peat, foam, pumice, bark.
Boxes beds can be made independently of wood and other materials. Landing by way of Metlider involves the use of specialized fertilizer mixtures. Before planting, fertilizer from boron and calcium is used.
For clay and peaty soils it is necessary to use:
- about 200 g of fertilizer
- for other types - 100 g
50 g of mineral mixtures of potassium, phosphorus, nitrogen, etc. are used for top dressing. Different organic fertilizers can be used. Mitlaider does not forbid the use of manure as basic fertilizer. If fertilizer is used, it must be completely rotten, otherwise weed seeds and various bacteria that can become the causative agents of any diseases will fall into the soil.
Mitlider's method has a sufficient number of positive aspects, and it does not require any expensive expenses. Of course, it is not suitable for absolutely any soils, however, using this method of planting, it is possible to significantly increase the high yield on clay and peaty soils. Therefore, you can be convinced that this method is fully feasible and effective in Russia.
Advantages and disadvantages of the method
Not all areas are suitable for using the Mltlider method. Landing by this method is unsuitable for peaty soils, lowlands, slopes. For the domestic climate should often use fertilizer to the land became fertile. A significant role is played by lighting, beds according to the method of Mitlider should be provided with the necessary amount of light. In addition, do not forget about the correct and abundant watering. A narrow landing is used in an open garden, and boxes-ridges are used for greenhouses.
Wide beds make it easy to pour, harvest and fight with various pests. Extensive beds allow you to instantly detect any plant diseases, to get rid of weeds, therefore, the Meatlider method is actually convenient and effective. You can safely begin to do it.
In general, it can be noted that the Mltlider method has advantages. Regardless of the condition of the land, it provides an opportunity to acquire a wonderful crop, suitable for use in greenhouses and in the open garden. In the period of increasing crops, water is saved, the penetration of slugs and other pests is prevented, due to the normal location of the beds. A garden according to Mitlayder is a great option that allows you to improve the growth of all plants, their yield.
Agriculture has firmly entered into our lives through giving and their garden. You always want to grow something of your own, but far from always the collection turns out to be abundant, and the plants often indisposed and suffer from various pests. Then Mitlider’s scheme comes to the rescue, which solves virtually all the difficulties of gardeners.
Technology Mitlider - known in the Russian state method of vegetable production. Thanks to planting on Mietlayder you can get a wonderful harvest, without putting much effort.
06.24.2018 admin Comments No comments
Many Russian families are engaged in growing vegetables, fruits and berries in their own land. But not everyone has a sufficiently large dacha area, on which it is possible to place the necessary buildings and beds for growing vegetables. Most often, the area of the territory is the notorious six acres, inherited as a legacy of a past era. But to provide your family with tasty and healthy vegetables and fruits is not only a desire, but also to some extent a necessity, based on current prices and not always high-quality products. We suggest you consider mitlider method: vegetable growing in small areas. What is this method? How to use it?
Meatlider Method: Small-area Vegetable Crops
Vegetable growing according to Mitlayder - where to start?
Usually in the suburban areas construct wide beds with narrow aisles. But this not only requires a large amount of space, but is also not entirely convenient in processing. And more and more often gardeners began to apply the Mltlider method, thanks to which it is possible to obtain a bountiful harvest in small areas, rationally using the land plot. This method began to be used in Russia a little more than 10 years ago.
Vegetable growing according to Mitlayder is a way to grow vegetables on narrow beds, while it is desirable that there is a flat plot. The basic principles that you need to know when using this method include:
- Beds. The beds in the width of the beds should be no more than 45 centimeters, while the size of the space between them is twice as large. The length of the beds can be of any size. The beds are formed before planting, but not in advance. Many Russian summer residents reduce the distance of passes. This can be done between plantings of carrots, beets, radishes, parsley, onions, dill, leaving a track width of at least 50 centimeters.
- Fencing The beds are located on the same level with the paths and are separated from them by a fence. Do not interchange the beds and passages between them, the tracks do not need to dig.
Fertilizers. Before planting, you need to apply fertilizer consisting of 100 (for loose soil) or 200 (for heavy) grams of lime mixture (boron and calcium), per 1 running meter and dig up. According to the system of Mltlider is a mixture number 1. Instead, you can use the humus, bringing it one bucket per meter.
- Location Usually vegetables are planted on the beds in two rows (radish, beet, carrot, onion, beans), along the fences. Such as any kind of cabbage, lettuce is arranged in two rows, but respecting the chess order. If the plants are large (tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, pumpkin) planted in one row.
It is necessary to observe the correct distance between the vegetables during planting, as this affects their further growth and development. Fertilizing produce mineral fertilizer, including nitrogen, phosphorus, potash, magnesium substances and boron (mixture No. 2) weekly. The drug is applied in the amount of 60 grams per square meter. This mixture can not be used if the spring to make a larger amount of humus. In addition, many gardeners refuse to use mineral fertilizers, replacing them with compost, infusion of ash, green herbs.
On beds it is not recommended to loosen and water the soil, only if necessary. But you need to avoid drying the upper layer. Watering is recommended only under the root of plants. This method does not progress fungal diseases and does not contribute to the growth of weeds. Watering is carried out at any time during the day (not necessarily in the morning or in the evening). Be sure to get rid of weeds, pulling them out.
If you want to try the Mltlider method: small-area vegetable productionshould start with the construction of 1-2 beds. At the same time it is necessary to follow the listed rules. The main disadvantage is that the method assumes the presence of an even, well-lit area that will allow you to harvest a large crop, and this is not always possible.
Advantages of Mitlider beds
Let's take a look at the merits of the Mitlayder garden device - every gardener should be aware of the advantages of this method.
- Increasing yields - at first glance it may seem that on narrow beds, Mittlider doesn’t plant a lot and you don’t collect them. But this is a mistaken idea - by organizing proper fertilizing, watering and caring for plants, gardeners receive many times more crops than in the “classical” vegetable gardens of their neighbors.
- The optimal size of the beds according to the method of Mitlider. Меньше нитратов – в подкормки по методу Митлайдера включен магний и молибден, которых часто не хватает в почве, где выращиваются с/х культуры. Данные вещества помогают преобразовывать нитраты в аминокислоты, белки и другие соединения, необходимые для роста и созревания.
- Узкие грядки по Митлайдеру. Fewer other harmful substances - a rather compact root system covering a small area is created on narrow beds of agricultural crops. As a result, plants are physically unable to absorb a large amount of harmful substances. In addition, the supply of all necessary trace elements stimulates the processes of crop self-purification.
- Suitability for any climate and soil - as mentioned above, the method of arrangement of the gardens of Mitlayder was successfully applied in many countries of the world, including in Asia and Africa. And everywhere he showed excellent results. Due to the use of soil mixtures and top dressing, plants get everything they need even on rather poor soils in a not very favorable climate.
- Mitlayder beds in boxes. Saving water and fertilizer - due to the narrow beds they will spend less, and the return will be more. Excellent taste and quality of vegetables grown in narrow beds of Mietlider. Arrangement of such a garden and care for him will become somewhat easier and will require less time and effort.
Specificity of the breakdown of the beds according to Mitlayder
To make a garden according to Mitlayder must begin in the fall. The first thing a gardener should do is smash the beds. The task must be taken very responsibly, since the ridges are made only once. The tracks then never break in and do not change places with ridges. Guided by the method of Meatleider, the length of narrow ridges can be arbitrary, the main thing - their width, as well as the size of the passage between them.
For novice gardeners, you need to give these figures: the ridge width should be no more than 45 cm, the aisle width can vary from 90-100 cm. strawberry) the width of the passage was less. In this case, the aisle should be no longer 65 cm.
Growing tomatoes on the beds according to the method of Meatleider. To begin with, it is required to dig and thoroughly eliminate all perennial weeds. This is a very important point, which is not recommended to lower. Even more important is the spatial orientation of the ridges. Better if they are located from east to west. This will get the maximum coverage.
High plants are planted in such a way that they do not shade low-growing. Forming beds, it is necessary to limit their sides. For this you can use the earth rollers. Even such a narrow garden can be fenced with wooden boards or other available materials (slate, for example). As already noted, in accordance with the method, the height of such sides should be about 10 cm.
This device mitlitiderovskih narrow ridges is very convenient and functional, since the partitions will hold water and fertilizer, which will increase the yield. To start planting, you need to know some of the features:
- beets, onions on a turnip, leeks, beans, turnips, celery and parsnip are planted in 2 rows - along each side,
- white and cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce are also planted in 2 rows, only in a checkerboard pattern,
- in 1 row, along one of the sides, it is necessary to plant tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, pumpkin and physalis.
Mitlider system has recommendations for planting various vegetable crops. In addition, it is imperative to leave the middle of the ridge not planted, since it is in this part of the garden that fertilizers will be applied. This will prevent burns of the root system of plants.
What is mitliderovskie beds
The garden according to Mitlayder is based on a balanced diet of vegetable crops and the organization of optimal conditions for fruit ripening with minimal costs. Planting is performed on flat narrow beds with wide aisles between them.
Standard sizes of mitlider’s beds for potatoes, tomatoes, carrots and other vegetables are:
- width - 45 cm
- passage - 105 cm
- height - 10 cm.
In greenhouse conditions it is permissible to narrow boxes-ridges up to 30 cm, and passages up to 90 cm.
Plants are planted in paired rows, retreating 10-15 cm from the edges. The distance between the rows is about 15-20 cm, the distance between the cultures depends on their characteristics (the spreading of the bush, the height of the stem, the root system and the vegetative period).
Particularly large crops are planted in one row. For example, beds for tomatoes along Mitlayder, as well as for squash, zucchini and pumpkin, are formed along one of the sides, leaving room for the growth of the bush and fruits.
The technology of high beds on Mitlayder provides good illumination, uniform absorption of moisture after watering. A narrow mini-garden accumulates more nutrients - plants get the necessary elements without excess or deficiency.
Arrangement of beds according to the method of Mittleider in the greenhouse or in the open field has a number of advantages:
- vegetables collected from mitlider’s beds are “cleaner” in chemical composition - rainwater flows into wide aisles, therefore strontium and aluminum do not accumulate in plants,
- subject to the recommended feeding system, the content of nitrates in the fruit is minimal,
- ease of care - requires periodic "raspushivanie" of the earth,
- fertilizer use efficiency - due to the compact form of the plot, nutritional components are consumed for their intended purpose,
- improve the taste of vegetables.
Obtaining a plentiful and high-quality crop according to Mietlider's technology is possible if you follow an integrated approach to soil preparation, planting watering and using fertilizers.
Video: All about the Mltlider method
Where it is impossible to apply the method of Metlider
The author of an alternative method of growing vegetables has indicated in which cases the use of technology is inexpedient. It is impossible to organize narrow beds:
- In the lowlands and in areas with high groundwater levels, where, due to spring floods or heavy rainfall, water stagnates.
- Long beds along Mitlayder should be located strictly horizontally, so the relief terrain or platform under the slope is not suitable. If this requirement is neglected, then water and liquid fertilizers will flow down the slope. As a result, in one place there is a lack of moisture, and in the other - flooding.
- In areas with wind erosion and shaded, poorly lit areas. When shading, the yield decreases, and nitrates accumulate in vegetables.
- Far from the source is water. Narrow plantings need frequent watering so that mineral fertilizers dissolve better. Rare watering contributes to the formation of a crust from the applied dressings on the soil surface - a high concentration of minerals is destructive for plants.
- On peatlands and clay soil. Sand must be added to heavy ground. The best option for a mini-garden is light and medium loam.
- Close to motorways. The distance of the plot with vegetables to the roadway should be at least 100 m.
Our compatriots are happy to learn from the experience of American farmers and often “smash” in the country cottage beds along the Meatleider. Since many garden plots are located on difficult plots and wastelands, it is necessary to level the site.
An alternative way is to divide one long bed into several small ones, aligning them separately. In this case, the main thing is to place the ridge on the south-western slope, avoiding landings on the north side of the site.
A garden according to the mitlider principle can be realized in two ways: to build beds-boxes or to build narrow ridges directly on the ground.
Rows-boxes - a box of planks, slate or polikorbanata, filled with soil substrate and installed on the ground or in the greenhouse. There is no bottom in the tanks - the cultivation of plants takes place either on artificial soil or on a “two-layer soil mixture”. The bottom layer is a natural soil, the top one is a prepared nutrient mixture.
Features of growing in boxes:
- the ability to place a mini-garden on the soil unsuitable for this purpose: sand, clay, stony soil, eroded slope,
- suitable for flooded areas and regions with a cold climate, when there is a risk of freezing in late spring,
- the box acts as a barrier and protects the crop from weeds, pests and some diseases,
- optimal for using the Mietlider method in greenhouse conditions.
Narrow landings are better suited for spacious summer cottages. Creating a long mini-garden has some features:
- placement requires a flat surface
- between rows and beds should be located at a single level,
- one narrow mini-garden can be used several times per season,
- ease of plant care, due to the slight height of the sides (8-10 cm) and clearly marked row spacing.
Principles of plant care do not depend on the method of planting. Both options have proven their effectiveness. When organizing small ridges, it is better to use the on-board option. For widespread farming, the second method is recommended.
Video: Potato Cultivation
Planning is an important step
The layout of the beds using Mitlider technology comes down to four main issues:
- selection of a suitable site
- determination of the landing method
- development of plant layout,
- preparation of soil mixture.
Stage 1. It is clear from the above that a well-lit and well-protected section is selected for the location of the bed along Mitlayder. It is important to minimize the risk of flooding and to provide access to irrigation water.
Stage 2. The choice of method is based on the scale of the site, the need for leveling the surface and the use of artificially prepared soil mixture. If the initial parameters meet the requirements of the technology, then it is better to build narrow ridges 9 m long and 45 cm wide.
When it is impossible to do without leveling the base, it is better to divide the landing area into several small zones. At arrangement of boxes it is easier to achieve horizontal surface. The method is relevant when the cultivated land must be replaced or supplemented with a suitable substrate.
At this stage, you should correctly choose the direction of the beds along Mitlayder. Ideally - location from east to west. However, the formation of ridges from north to south is permissible.
Stage 3. In the development of planting schemes for vegetable crops take into account some of the nuances:
- tall plants are planted from the north, and low - from the south,
- distance between large crops (white cabbage, potatoes) - 30-35 cm,
- the distance between the roots with a small ground part (carrots, beets, garlic, onions), as well as greens - 5 cm, the location - in a checkerboard pattern.
Stage 4. In advance, you need to take care of the quality of the soil. To fill the box can be used "artificial soil" - the environment for maintaining plants and supplying crops with nutrients. Possible combinations of "soil" components:
- sand and peat moss - 1: 1,
- sawdust and fine sand - 3: 1,
- perlite and sawdust - 1: 1.
Artificial soil requires a balanced integrated starter fertilizer.
We build beds-boxes
If you want to get an early harvest, narrow beds along Mitlayder should be made in the form of boxes. For the manufacture of boxes will need the following materials:
- 45 cm short boards for the manufacture of transverse sides that define the width of the landings,
- long boards, corresponding to the size of the beds according to Mitlayder, if necessary, the length can be “grown”,
- bars for supports with a section of 5 * 5 cm,
- wood preservative,
- marking rope
- level, roulette, screws, screwdriver.
Step by step course of work:
- Plot layout. Using roulette measure the boundary points of the ridges, adhering to a width of 45 cm and a passage of 100 cm. At the corners to drive in pegs, align the position of their upper points horizontally. Stretch the rope between the wedges.
- Preparation of materials. Taking into account the length, width and height of the beds, cut the walls of the box. Treat all wooden elements with antiseptic. Cut support legs supporting the frame.
- Build boxes. Dock parts of one half of the box, fixing the sides with screws. Place the box and support bars on the ground, aligning their upper edges with the position of the marking rope. Check the flatness of the building level - transverse or longitudinal slope is unacceptable.
- Installation box. According to the described technology, set the second part of the box. Both halves are fastened with screws and wooden bars.
It is undesirable to add manure or compost to the substrate. Before planting, the soil is fertilized with a seed mixture.
The construction of the narrow beds
To create a bed without wooden boards you will need:
- tape measure, rope, pegs,
- water or laser building level
- rake, pitchfork and shovel.
- Clean the area from weeds. Dig the area with a fork and remove all rhizomes of previous crops.
- To level a rake a surface, having prepared the equal basis without differences.
- Using a tape measure and wooden wedges, mark up for narrow beds. Do not save space and narrow the passage. The distance of 95-105 cm was chosen by scientists for a reason - wide aisles provide sufficient inflow of sunlight. Tall plants will not be able to shade their neighbors.
- When creating ridges on open ground, you can foresee the possibility of shelter. To do this, set the sides of the arc of plastic pipes. Thanks to a simple design, it will be possible to build a greenhouse in a short time to protect vegetable crops from adverse weather conditions.
- To control the height of the bulk boards between the pegs, you must stretch the rope.
- Form a mound from the outside and inside. Level the ground between the sides with a rake.
- Check the horizontal up and down. Inside there should be no dimples and differences in height, otherwise water will start to stagnate in places of incline.
If done correctly, you can proceed to the preparation of seed and the preparation of a nutrient mixture for plants.
Features irrigation mitliderovskih beds
Conducting vegetable growing in narrow beds provides for regular irrigation of plants. This aspect of agrotechnology according to mitlider technology has some peculiarities:
- only radical moistening is permissible, since sprinkling and irrigation of leaves provoke active growth of weeds and promote the appearance of fungal diseases,
- water should only get into the beds, and the aisles between them must remain dry - for this purpose wooden or “earthen” sides are erected along the perimeter,
- high frequency of irrigation - it is recommended to irrigate daily in the summer, if it is problematic to organize it, then you can equip an automatic drip irrigation system,
- optimally, if water is enriched with iron, but the presence of such components as magnesium and calcium salts is undesirable.
Important! Moisture deficiency often causes low yields. Water molecules help the normal absorption of feedings and are involved in photosynthesis reactions.
Watering the beds on Mitlayder carried out in the morning, afternoon or evening. Since August, evening irrigation is excluded to prevent the appearance of powdery mildew on plants.
Fertilizer by mitlider method
Feeding crops on technology American scientist based on two nutrient mixtures. The composition of the compositions allows you to create the optimal balance of useful elements: iron, phosphorus, nitrogen, potassium, manganese.
Mixed slider tested in different countries of the world. Their preparation and application is extremely simple.
Mixture number 1. Lime composition for leveling the acidity of the soil and saturating it with calcium. To prepare the mixture, it is important to determine the type of soil:
- acidic - usually in regions with heavy precipitation (more than 500 mm / year),
- alkaline - predominate in areas where precipitation does not exceed 450 mm per year (southern regions).
Fertilizers for pre-sowing preparation include: lime, dolomite flour, chalk and boric acid. The exact proportions for different soils are shown in the table.
Mixture number 2. Mineral supplements for vegetables during the growing season. To prepare the composition must be combined:
- Azofosku - 420
- Superphosphate - 110 g
- Urea - 190 g
- Kalimag - 280
- Boric acid - 2 g.
- Molybdic acid - 2 g.
For feeding seedlings mixture composition varies somewhat. Boric and molybdic acid should be added to 4 g and 3 g, respectively. The content of the remaining components remains the same.
Feeding plants implies two mandatory fertilization steps and one additional:
- Step 1. When preparing the soil before planting, both compositions are applied: two parts of Mixture No. 1 and one part of Mixture No. 2. After processing the soil should be dug.
- Stage 2. Superficial top dressings are carried out every week. Fertilizer is piled between rows of crops. Mixture consumption - 60 g per 1 meter. After watering, trace elements penetrate the soil and nourish the root system of plants.
- Step 3. If necessary, you can compensate for the deficit of individual elements with simple fertilizers. Top dressing is selected depending on the type of vegetable culture.
Все удобрения вносятся в сухом виде, поэтому после подкормки грядку надо обязательно орошать.
Метод Митлайдера – это система выращивания овощных культур, где все четко и подробно расписано: работа с почвой, освещение, полив и удобрение растений. Приступая к нестандартной технологии, следует соблюдать все до мелочей. It is better to start acquaintance with innovation from a small bed - this will allow to compare the effectiveness of the traditional and mitlider methods.
Make early spring year-round really. This will help in this technology, involving the cultivation of green onions in the winter in the greenhouse. Information. Further
Cultivation of tomatoes in polycarbonate greenhouses is significantly different from growing the same vegetables in open conditions. Features lie. Further
In a small area is located, as a rule, only one greenhouse. Before planting crops under glass or polycarbonate,. Further
An unpleasant surprise for a vegetable grower after hard work is to find bitter cucumbers inside a polycarbonate greenhouse. This is . Further
To advise that you can plant in the greenhouse in the fall for an uninterrupted harvest, in a nutshell is impossible. Everyone is free. Further
Capital greenhouse made of polycarbonate allows not to interrupt the process of growing even in the coldest time. Choose what you can. Further
The question of how to make the beds in the greenhouse correctly is relevant for beginner gardeners. Competent calculation significantly increases the yield, facilitates. Further
Who is Meatlider
Dr. Jacob R. Meatlider is an international agricultural consultant, and for half a century has been studying the experience of gardening and gardening in different countries of the world. He created a unique method of vegetable growing, which guarantees high yields under different climatic, weather and soil conditions. It does not need to spend a lot of time and hard work. From the beds, organized according to the method of Metlider, a standard family of four can harvest, which will provide them with vegetables for the whole year. The area of the beds will not exceed 1.5 acres.
The essence of the method of creating beds according to Mitlayder in balance and geometry. First of all, it is a balanced diet for plants, which is provided by standard mineral supplements, but in a mixture according to a recipe developed by Meatlider. He fundamentally does not use organic matter, and argues that the best effect can be achieved only by adding fractional parts of minerals in a certain mixture.
Geometry of beds
The second, no less important, component of the success of the Mltlider garden is a special seeding geometry. The beds are made either narrow or high, in boxes. This allows plants to efficiently absorb sunlight, nutrients and moisture from the soil.
What to feed the plants
It is no secret that nitrates are more afraid of today than a bad harvest. Vegetable growers keep plants on starvation rations, trying to do without "chemistry" so that the nitrates in them do not accumulate. Mitlider proved that with a limited set of minerals, the plant begins to absorb toxins from the soil. He does not try to limit the plants in the substances they need, but rather supplies them with fertilizers that will help process the nitrates into useful vitamins and proteins.
Plants should be fully fed, getting a balanced nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium diet. Plus, sunlight and moisture - this is the recipe for a bountiful and clean harvest.
Beauty with benefits
Mitlider beds can not be confused with others. They are narrow and long, outlined by strict sides, the aisles between them are unusually wide. All planes are horizontal, there is no height difference.
In any month of summer, vegetable crops of different ages grow on them at the same time. Something matures, something just grows up and enters the time of flowering. Weeds are absent altogether.
The first way of arranging crops - narrow beds. This is the easiest, cheapest and least time-consuming way. Garden beds are made on naturally unprotected soil, and they do not require special conditions.
The original quality of the land does not matter. These can be depleted sandstones, heavy loams or humus-poor soils. The results will be equally good, at least, says Meatlider.
In order to equip the narrow beds with maximum efficiency, you need to follow a few rules.
- Consistency and accuracy. No work at random and on the "random." Accuracy is the principle of all successful vegetable growing in general, and not just the cultivation of vegetables in narrow beds. Follow the chosen method consistently, do not skip the necessary operations, use the recommended techniques.
- Minimum width. Narrow ridges can be of any length (although, Meatlider himself uses a length of 9 m, but does not limit it in his theoretical manuals), but the width is always the same — 45 cm.
- From all sides (or only from the longitudinal, at your discretion) the ridge is fenced with sides of 10 cm high. The soil inside is carefully leveled and has no slope.
- Plants are sown or planted in strict rows.. Depending on whether it is a large plant or not, the distances in the row between the seedlings are as follows: 7.5 cm, 10 cm, 17.5 cm, 30 cm, 35 cm, 50 cm. There may be one 7 or two (maximum) , or two in checkerboard pattern.
- Proper fertilization. If the plants are planted in two rows, mineral fertilizers are applied in the center, at a distance of 7.5 to 10 cm from the plants, sprinkling them on the surface of the soil. With a single row planting, the power strip is poured on the side, with the specified distance. So minerals will not burn the culture when they are dissolved by irrigation.
- Wide aisles. Landing area in the garden Mltlidera much smaller than free. It is needed to make wide aisles between the beds. Ideally, the passage will be 105 cm. With a catastrophic lack of space, a passage of about 75 cm but not less than 60 is allowed. In this case, the plants will not have enough light and air for normal growth.
- Correct watering. Watering the aisles is not necessary. Water is supplied only to the ridges. Water should not be poured over the leaves, it should not be watered with Midelayder sprinkler.
For growing pumpkins, watermelons, and other melon crops, passages are recommended up to 2.5 m wide. Scourge should be directed to the passage.
List of plants and row planting:
- in two rows - potatoes, corn, turnips, radishes, beets, onions, lettuce and others,
- in two rows in a chess sequence - cabbage lettuce, broccoli, other cabbages,
- in a row along one side - tomatoes, melons, zucchini and so on.
"Pluses" of narrow beds
- Maximum use of space, time, resources. For processing using simple tools. Minimum weeding.
- High yield on any soil. The plant receives its nourishment as according to the hydroponic method, but without special equipment.
- Nutrient mixtures compiled according to specific recipes exclude failures and gardening at random.
- Water used for irrigation is economical and targeted, falling only in the root layer of the soil.
- Plants are easily protected from weather conditions, carrying out their temporary shelter.
How to evaluate your time and work
According to Mittleider, it is possible and even necessary to start growing vegetables. These figures depend on the size of your plot, the condition of the soil, and the method of obtaining seedlings.
The typical kitchen garden on which Mittlider himself conducted the experiments has dimensions of 15 × 9 m. It is divided into 10 narrow beds, where the ridge width is 45 cm, length is 9 m, and the passage is 105 cm.
- The cleaning and arrangement will take up to 16 working hours.
- The same amount will have to be spent on preparing the soil and planting seedlings (if you grow your own seedlings, labor costs increase, but money is saved that will be spent on its purchase).
- Then, half an hour a day (preferably early in the morning), goes to feeding, watering and other care.
- After that, it will only be time to harvest.
If your site has features, for example, stony soil or an eroded slope, as well as in conditions of agriculture with a cold climate, it is better to break boxes-ridges.
They are boxes without bottom, which are set on the natural level of the soil, but then filled with bulk soil, which includes a mixture of sawdust with sand.
Such beds can be arranged even without a plot, for example, on a balcony, loggia or terrace. In this case, the cultivation is fully carried out in bulk soil. Under the conditions of installation of the boxes on the garden soil, a “two-layer” agriculture is obtained, the fundamental layer of which is the original garden soil.
Gardening in boxes, too, subject to certain rules.
- The width and length of the boxes can be any, but the recommendations on this Mitlider following. “Mini” - 45 cm wide, or “maxi” - 150 cm wide. The second ones are usually used if the automatic watering system is provided. The golden mean is 120 cm wide, 20 cm deep, 90 cm wide aisles, and the ends of the boxes 150 cm apart.
- Material box - wood or cement. It is important that the boxes are installed strictly horizontally, without slope.
- An artificial mixture of sawdust, perlite, sand or other inert components has been used for many years, like the boxes themselves. It does not change, only saturate as needed with mineral fertilizers.
- You can add sphagnum moss, pine bark, nut shells, husks of grains or seeds, and foam granules to the artificial filler for crates. Natural garden soil can not be used.
For processing wood, going to the production of boxes, creosote is not suitable. It is toxic to plants. Need to handle substances from rotting and insects that do not contain creosote.
"Pluses" of beds in boxes
- It does not matter what climatic and soil conditions on your site - the harvest does not depend on them.
- You can use not only in the country and the countryside, but also in the apartment, as well as on the slopes of hills, not suitable for traditional gardening.
- Plants feed in a balanced manner, root aeration occurs, the drainage system does not allow the roots to become overmoistened.
- Under the layer of artificial filling, the original soil remains soft, and natural processes of humus formation take place in it. The roots of plants easily penetrate into it, getting additional nutrition.
- In the ridge boxes, the growing season is lengthened, as in the heat the roots do not overheat, and warm up in cold weather.
- Weeds do not grow in the boxes - the curb serves as an obstacle to their penetration.
- They are convenient in processing and do not require large labor costs for the care of plants.
Would you, dear cottagers, look at your fruitful and immaculately well-kept garden beds, exclaiming with envy: “He must have an easy hand!” And the whole thing is that you know an amazing secret how to make a living being your plants joyful, and they give you for it delicious, healthy and beautiful vegetables. The secret of this - the method of Metlider. Who said that discoveries exist only in the exact sciences, and in agricultural nothing is sensational? Who said that working in a garden is a boring, hard and conservative? Mitlider's method suggests looking at this statement in a new way and greatly simplifying the process of growing vegetables, adding efficiency to it.
Mitlayder garden - eye delight and a paradise for greenery
Dr. Mitlider laid the foundation of his personal experience of an agronomist-practice, observation and excellent knowledge of plant physiology in the foundation of his method. The method takes into account the scientific understanding of the natural needs of a green creature: the exact proportions of microelements, the optimal moisture regime, abundant light for the forced synthesis of carbohydrates.
Where to start: blueprint for future plantation
Strangely enough, but in the mitlider garden, the main thing is not the scheme of filling the soil with fertilizers, not organizing irrigation according to the lunar calendar, but strategically adjusted plot marking and strict work planning. Everything depends on the configuration of the ridges and the passages between them: the cleanliness of the weed species, the irrigation regime, and the delivery of life-giving sunshine to each shoot.
Hence the conclusion: in order not to be disappointed, not to get a stunted parsnip and bitter carrots, first you need to highlight the day in your busy schedule, draw a detailed plan of your land, and make sure to mark the sides of the horizon on it in order to keep the morning light on the pencil and evening time. The ridges should be located in the direction of the meridians, i.e. along the "north-south" line, so that they do not shit anything.
To save water and evenly distribute the ridge, it is necessary to level it. The more their surface will resemble the smooth surface of a forest pond, the less competition will be experienced by plants from their fellows. In areas with a bias should equip terraces like those that are broken in mountainous areas. Each step of the terrace will need to strengthen the board.
Stony, depleted, overly clayey lands are a headache for a vegetable grower. It is useless to use natural soil on such inconveniences; it will not pay for the labor invested. Instead of the usual beds here set wide boxes without a bottom and fill them with a loose mixture of very small sawdust, river sand and peat. Perlite or vermiculite, capable of absorbing and then gradually releasing moisture, will become excellent components of such artificial soil.
Roulette, pegs and rope - we outline the boundaries of the ridges
In traditional vegetable farming, wide ridges and narrow aisles are familiar. Method Mitlider assumes everything is exactly the opposite: narrow ridges with very wide rows. At first glance, such a plan is meaningless, since most of the plantation is empty and unproductive. However, the perennial "field trials" proved that the less numerous plants of the mitlider garden were more than the usual thickened plantings, and that was why:
- the plants make the most of the leaf mosaic, and no shoots are shielded from the sun,
- inter-row spaces remain dry and trampled down, which excludes the appearance of wild vegetation,
- the inter-row spacing ratio makes it possible to inspect each specimen and quickly find problems in the form of chlorosis, necrosis, pest clutches and other troubles,
- cultures actively photosynthesize and quickly translate the elements of soil nutrition into useful substances, and therefore do not accumulate nitrates.
The classic size of the narrow ridge is 30-35 cm at any length that fits into the dimensions of the plot. Lush crops - pumpkins, zucchini, white cabbage - are planted on it one-line, small ones - onions, dill, carrots - two-line. Each ridge is framed by an earthen rim, the width and height of which are brought up to 10 cm. Rows are left with a width of 100-105 cm.
Tip: If the ground is loose, the sides can be replaced with a formwork of boards or slate. This will prevent erosion of the edges of the ridge and give the garden or greenhouse a neat, nice looking look.
In order for the plant to feed us, you first need to feed it.
Mitlider's method involves the systematic use of two mixtures of mineral fertilizers. Mixture number 1 - lime with boron. Mixture number 2 is the invention of Dr. Mitlider. It consists of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium in the ratio of 1.8: 1: 1.8, as well as magnesium, boron and molybdenum. Both mixes can be bought or prepared by yourself.
For the first time, both mixtures should get into the soil strictly on the day of sowing or planting seedlings. This will not allow weeds, the seeds of which have already begun to emerge, to gain an advantage in nutrition. They are made based on the running meter of the ridge:
- mixture No. 1 - 100 g on sandy soils and 200 g on clay,
- a mixture of number 2 - 30 g on sandy soils and 50 g on clay,
Top dressing during the growing season is carried out with a mixture of No. 2 weekly in the hot summer and once every 10 days in the cool. Norm - 25-40 g per linear meter.
Features irrigation mitliderovskih ridges
The root system of most vegetable crops needs additional irrigation. This aspect of agrotechnology by Mltlider technology has certain features:
- high frequency - in the absence of loosening, destroying the crust and restoring the soil capillaries, plants supply water almost every day,
- only radical irrigation, no sprinkling, which provokes a rapid growth of weeds and an invasion of fungal diseases,
- only ridges — the aisles must remain dry; for this purpose, bumpers are built around the ridges.
You can water the mitlider garden at any time of the day, but in August exclude evening watering in order to avoid powdery mildew infection. In the greenhouses are trying to establish drip irrigation.
Attention! The lack of moisture always leads to a lack of yield, since water molecules are directly involved in the chemical reactions of photosynthesis.
How to equip mitliderovsky garden in the Russian version
Each technology manifests itself flawlessly only where it originated and improved. When trying to transfer it to another environment, there are nuances that require knowledge of local specifics and a fair amount of ingenuity.
Russian private gardeners are faced with two questions concerning the Dr. Metlider method.
- Modest plots - classic 6 acres - and low incomes make it necessary to reconsider the size of the row spacing. Для томатов, огурцов, винограда ширину проходов оставляют не более 90 см, а для низкорослых редиса, свеклы, земляники – даже 65 см. При этом ширина самих гряд должна оставаться неизменной: 35 см внутри бортиков, иначе пропадает сама идея такого огорода – беспрерывный поток света на каждый лист.
- Негативное отношение к минеральным удобрениям приводит к их замене на компост, навоз, гумат калия и древесную золу. Довольно часто почва перекапывается с сидератами: горохом, клевером, горчицей. Green manure can be sown between apple trees or mowed on floodplain meadows and prepare liquid fertilizer from them. To do this, put the grass in the barrel by two thirds and pour water. The infusion obtained after one and a half weeks is diluted tenfold with water and used for watering.
The experience of the owners of the dacha plots shows that the Dr. Metlider method is fully applicable in Russian conditions and easily adapts to the particular climate of Kaliningrad, even Siberia. Narrow ridges are easy to handle while sitting on a folding chair, the condition of the plants on them is easily monitored on a daily basis. The Russian version of the method makes it possible to combine moderate laboriousness and the commendable adherence of summer residents to organic matter, which is especially important for people of old age.