For centuries, people have been treated with plants. Sometimes we do not even suspect how many useful properties the grass or berry, inconspicuous in appearance, has.
One of these useful plants is irga. Nowadays, a small number of people know about it, but in the Middle Ages it was actively used by healers and healers to prepare various drugs.. Let's take a closer look at the beneficial properties and contraindications to the use of this unique berry.
Appearance and halo distribution of the plant
Irga belongs to the shrub decorative garden plants of the genus Apple, the family Rosaceae. The scientific name of this plant is "аmelanchier", in the Celtic language means "honey". You can also find such a name as "mistress", which is more common among the people.
There are almost two dozen different varieties of this plant. This is a tall shrub with leaves of deep green color. The fruits of shadberry are red-purple round berries of small size, sweet in taste. Their maturation occurs in the middle of summer. The average lifespan of this shrub tree is 60 years .
Irga grows in northern Africa, America, central and southern Europe, as well as in Japan. In Russia, shrubs can be found in many regions, but it is most common in the Crimea and the Caucasus.
The composition and beneficial properties of irgi for the human body
Irgi berries are widely used for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes. They include many vitamins and microelements that have a beneficial effect on the human body.
- Phytosterolscontained in the berries, have anti-sclerotic effect, strengthen blood vessels, reduce the fragility and fragility of capillaries and prevent the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Thanks to pectincontained in an irga, the gastrointestinal tract is restored, appetite improves, toxins and carcinogens are removed from the body. A decoction of these berries also helps to relieve stress and fatigue, normalizes the work of the nervous system. In addition, irga is an excellent immunomodulator.
- Vitamin C helps fight infections, improves metabolism and lowers cholesterol levels.
- Bioflavonoids (Vitamin P) help maintain normal blood sugar levels, prevent blood clots and support heart function in coronary disease and hypertension.
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) actively participates in metabolic processes, normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands and is necessary to maintain normal vision.
Berries are low calorie (43 kcal) , due to which they are actively used in weight correction programs.
Harm and contraindications: who should not take irgu?
The benefits of irgi obvious, but it can harm the human body if used in the following cases:
- the presence of diabetes (the berry is rich in carbohydrates, which can lead to a sharp increase in blood glucose),
- obesity (excessive consumption of berries can lead to an increase in body weight)
- low blood pressure (the components contained in the fruit, reduce blood pressure),
- susceptibility to skin rashes (Irga can cause strong reactions in allergy sufferers)
- low blood clotting (substances that are part of the berries, contribute to the dilution of blood).
In childhood, the consumption of shadberry should not exceed 50 grams per dayotherwise there is a risk of allergies.
The use of irgi in traditional medicine
In folk medicine, irga has found wide application. Decoctions, teas and medicinal infusions are prepared on the basis of the fruits, inflorescences, leaves and bark of this plant.
Apply irgu in the following cases:
- heart disease, high blood pressure and varicose veins,
- poisoning and diseases of the digestive tract,
- elevated blood cholesterol and cholesterol plaques,
- diseases of the nervous system and fatigue,
- prevention and complex therapy of diseases of the organs of vision,
- low vascular permeability and increased capillary fragility,
- ARI and ARVI,
- periodontal disease and bleeding gums,
- diseases of the bronchopulmonary system
- recovery of the body after an illness
- purulent wounds, burns and abrasions.
In the listed cases you can use fresh berries, take irgi juice, diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1, or prepare tinctures. Medicinal teas are made from flowers and leaves, and for external use in treating wounds and burns a compress from the bark of the plant bark is necessary.
Irga helps not only to alleviate the condition in various diseases, but also nourishes the body with useful substances, and also has a healing and rejuvenating effect.
When can irga harm?
Even a healthy person who uses iruga for restorative purposes can be harmful to their health with excessive consumption of this product. What can happen in this case?
Among other things Irga has a strong sedative effect.. Excessive consumption of juice, tincture or tea can lead to drowsiness, loss of strength and decreased attention.
There may also be signs of allergy, even in individuals who have not previously suffered from such manifestations.
When consuming shadberry in combination with dairy and dairy products the digestive system is impaired, leading to discomfort, bloating and diarrhea.
Recipes decoctions and teas with leaves and berries
Traditional medicine offers a huge number of methods of preparation of therapeutic drugs based on berries, flowers, leaves or bark of irgi. If you have health problems or to fill the balance of useful trace elements in the body, you can use one of the following recipes.
The tincture is prepared on the basis of vodka, but those who do not tolerate alcohol can replace it with water. For the preparation of therapeutic agent will need to do the following:
- put in a small pot or liter jar 2-3 tablespoons of dried flowers,
- pour 2 glasses of vodka or boiling water
- if alcohol is used, need to insist drink for 3 days in the case of boiling water - wait for cooling, pre-wrapped container with tincture,
- when the drink is drawn, it is necessary strain.
The tincture is taken 3 times a day, taking one tablespoon 15-20 minutes before meals.
The juice from the berries can be consumed fresh, diluted with water, or canned. Prepare canned juice in this way:
- berries are washed thoroughly and let the excess water flow down
- pounded using a pestle to a state of mashed potatoes,
- squeeze juice in a juicer or manually using cheesecloth,
- bred juice more sour berries (since the sugar content is high in sugar, you can add cranberry, cherry or currant juice),
- warm up, but do not bring to a boil, and roll in hot jars.
Before you start canning, you need to pour the banks with boiling water. It is recommended to drink juice on 50-100 gr before meal.
For the preparation of healing tincture of the berries of irgi, you need a glass jar and high-quality vodka. Prepare a drink in this way:
- berries bring up puree state with a pestle,
- ¾ jar filled crushed mass,
- pour vodkaleaving a space of 3-4 cm from the neck of the vessel,
- insist 2-3 days in a dark cool place
- filter and throw away the remnants of the berries.
Keep this tincture better in the cold. It is recommended to take a remedy 3 times a day. , a tablespoon before eating.
Leaf based tea
For making tea, it is better to use fresh leaves, but in the extreme case, dried ones will do as well.
A few leaves of shadberry pour boiling water and allow to brew for 15-20 minutes . You can add 1 teaspoon of natural honey. Flower tea is also prepared in the same way.
It is better to use tea in the evenings, it perfectly soothes the nervous system and provides a healthy sound sleep.
Decoction of bark
The decoction is not only for indoor use, but also for external use. With the help of compresses, festering wounds can be treated and burns can be treated. For the preparation of funds necessary:
- chop the bark with a coffee grinder,
- pour into pan 2 tablespoons of the resulting powder and pour 2 cups of boiling water,
- put the dishes on a low fire and boil the remedy for 15-20 minutes ,
- cool drink and strain through a sieve or cheesecloth,
- add 1 cup cool boiled water.
Take tincture 3-5 times a day for ½ cup . If the product is prepared for external use, it is not necessary to dilute it with water.
Like any medicinal plant, Irga can be invaluable to the human body when used correctly, and may also harm. For this reason, you must follow the rules for the preparation of therapeutic agents and control their dosage.
Irga - tasty and healthy berry
The benefits of the berry are known for a long time, therefore it is very widely used in traditional medicine in the treatment of a huge list of diseases and for preventive purposes. In addition, this medicine is delicious! What is the effect on the body have berries irgi? Useful properties and contraindications of this berry have been investigated for a very long time. As a result, it became known that all the same useful properties are much more than contraindications. Let's discuss this.
What is useful irga?
All parts of this wonderful plant are useful: flowers, berries, deciduous part, bark. Irga contains a huge amount of vitamins, folic and organic acids, pectin. It is used:
- with avitaminosis and to strengthen the immune system,
- for the prevention of heart attack, atherosclerosis, stroke, cancer, strengthening the walls of blood vessels,
- improve vision, prevent cataracts,
- in case of a sore throat,
- with purulent wounds (apply dressings moistened with juice),
- to lower cholesterol, blood sugar,
- with gastrointestinal problems (diarrhea and colitis),
- under stress, to relieve nervous tension, in violation of sleep,
- with stomatitis and periodontal disease. Rinsing decoction eliminates the signs of these diseases,
- to normalize blood pressure and to enrich the body with vitamins,
- to reduce high pressure.
Berry berries, beneficial properties and contraindications of which are well known, especially for adherents of a healthy lifestyle, contain a huge amount of vitamins and trace elements in their composition. Here are just some of them:
- Carotene helps to increase immunity and reduce the risk of infection with infectious diseases to a minimum, reduces the effects of adverse environmental factors.
- Pectin helps to remove from the body heavy metals and harmful substances that a person gets from eating food. Pectin also helps with varicose veins and improves heart function.
- Vitamin P has the ability to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
The usefulness of irga for the body, the reader already knows. Now is the time to recall the contraindications. It should be noted that the use of the fruits of irgi in small quantities does not bring harm to the body, but it is better to know in advance everything that can lead to negative consequences:
- People suffering from low blood pressure should exclude this berry from their diet, taking will aggravate the patient's condition.
- It has a calming effect, and drivers should remove the irgu from their menu before the trip, otherwise it will reduce concentration and attention.
- Fruit consumption is contraindicated in some forms of vascular dystonia.
- Individual intolerance. Allergic reactions after consumption can manifest instantly, for example, by sore throat.
Irga: useful recipes
The application of irgi, despite its many beneficial properties, for diseases will only be an addition to the main treatment, so that, feeling unwell, it is better to first contact the specialists and after the examination take infusions and decoctions of irgi fruits.
What is useful irga? Thanks to her useful qualities, you can help yourself in the treatment of many diseases.
- For prophylactic purposes: 1 tablespoon of berries pour 250 ml of boiling water, leave for an hour. Take as a vitamin tea and with signs of intestinal upset.
- To improve immunity: 2 tablespoons of dried berries pour 500 ml of cold boiled water, leave to infuse for 8 hours. Bring to a boil and leave for another 2 hours. Drink half a cup 2 times a day. Effectively helps to raise immunity and improve night vision.
- At elevated pressure: fill a half-liter jar with irgi flowers, pour vodka. In a dark cool place to insist 2 weeks, then strain. Take 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day.
- With bleeding gums: 1 tsp. dried irgi berries pour 250 ml of water, boil for 20 minutes. Broth rinse the oral cavity 2-3 times a day.
Irga with diabetes
The beneficial properties of irgi in diabetes are as follows:
- Tannins that make up the berries help in the healing of wounds and burns (which in these patients heal extremely hard).
- Due to the large amount of vitamin R contained, it is possible to prevent the infarction and varicose veins.
- The fruits have a sedative effect and normalize sleep, contributing to a calm, mild sleep.
- The high content of vitamins helps diabetics get rid of vitamin deficiency.
- Irga has anti-edema and anti-inflammatory properties, which is also important for patients.
Recipes for Diabetics
Pancreatic diarrhea in patients can be eliminated as follows: 2 tablespoons of dried leaves pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Insist in a thermos for about an hour. To accept the prepared means 3 times a day, irrespective of meal.
Bleeding gums and wounds are treated with infusion of bark or leaves of irgi. To do this, put in a thermos 1 tablespoon of leaves (bark), press for 40 minutes. Strain.
Berries, infusions and decoctions from the fruits of shadberry are used in diabetics in the treatment of most diseases.
For a long time people know berry irga. But still, everyone is interested in the opinions of people who have experienced its healing properties on themselves. After all, many of these berries are eaten fresh with pleasure, they make wonderful jam, compotes, make jelly and marshmallow, squeeze out juice, make wine. Irga perfectly freezes and dries. In medicine, used flowers, leaves, bark and berries.
Those who have experienced the effect of irgi on themselves, argue that it will help with many diseases. Berries are well dried and used at any time of the year, especially in the winter, when a weakened body needs vitamins.
This interesting shrub grows in the country. Many gardeners claim that this is an unpretentious and fruitful tree. Fruits are juicy, sweet and full of vitamins. It helps patients with diabetes and overweight people.
Children love this berry very much. They do not know the benefits of irga, but note that the fruits are tasty and sweet. Plus, according to the parents, they are rich in vitamins and microelements.
Mistress doubly pleased with the berries. Not only that they are useful, so also jam, and compote are simply divine.
The only minus, which is noted by many, is the fact that you should not abuse the berries.
- For juice berries need a little dry in a cool dark place. They become much more aromatic and tasty.
- Fruits do not ripen at the same time, so they need to be collected in several stages.
- In folk medicine, you can use all parts of the shrub.
- To protect against birds during the fruiting period, use mesh or gauze.
This is not only delicious, but also the healing berry berry. Useful properties, recipes, as well as contraindications were presented to the reader in the article. We hope that the information was useful to you. Bon appetit and bless you!
Perennial shrub with dark fruits. It can be used as a source of tannins, catechins and phytosterols, to improve the performance of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT), the cardiovascular system. It has vitaminizing, tonic, immunostimulating properties.
The beneficial properties of the berry berry are in the anti-inflammatory effect on the intestines, as well as the content of large concentrations of vitamins. The plant is given the ability to improve the work of the cardiovascular system, prevent atherosclerosis. Having an aesthetic appearance, the round-leaf irga can be used to decorate garden plots, as well as a hedge. In each season, irga is beautiful in its own way, and its beneficial fruits will help to maintain health.
The plant came to the territory of the Russian Federation from Asia Minor, where there are a lot of both wild and cultural irgi. From Siberian places, the plant quickly spread throughout the European continent.
At the moment, irga is often found in the Northern hemisphere. It is found in America and Africa. On the European continent, it is distributed in the Center and in the South.Very well the plant settled in the Caucasus - in the Center, in the South and East. Often found on the peninsula of Crimea. The greatest concentration of the range is observed in Korea, China, and Japan.
How does it look
In contrast to the Canadian shadberry, reaching a height of about eight meters, the round-haired shadberry grows very compactly, forming a small shrub, up to two and a half meters high. The diameter of the crown often does not exceed the same figures, and when heap planting does not reach them. The shrub can withstand temperatures as low as -50 ° C. Flowering plant retains the ability to bear fruit to -7 ° C. Irga does not require a lot of moisture and a special composition of air. As follows.
- Roots. The irgi root system is represented by long cord-like roots capable of penetrating two meters deep into the soil. Often, the horizontal roots grow far beyond the shrubbery itself. Often the diameter of the root system is twice the size of the crown. It is precisely such a strong and deep fixation that allows an irga to always get the necessary substances from the soil, ensuring the vegetation of the plant for 70 years.
- Stems. They are represented by ascending lumbering branches with powerful stem-like wood. Since the plant is a perennial, stem diameter increases every year. In the spring, growth begins to grow from horizontal roots, which is represented by young flexible shoots with brown thin bark.
- Leaves. In irgi they are placed alternately on the branches, the fastening is long-pebbly. The leaf plate has an ovoid or elliptical shape, the tip is rounded, the edge is often solid. The color of the leaf plate is saturated green or light green, the surface is smooth, the structure is dense, noticeably venation. By autumn, the leaves turn a yellow-red color and fall. Young leaves can be covered with dense pubescence from below.
- Flowers Appear on the plant from the end of April. Flowering may continue until mid-June. During it develops white narrow flowers, collected in 10 pieces in a brush, consisting of shields. The diameter of each flower is 1.5 cm.
- Fruits. The ripening of the rygi fruit is celebrated from the beginning of July, and continues until the end of August. A characteristic feature of the irgi - on one inflorescence can be fully mature and completely green fruit. Externally, the fruits of spherical shape resemble black currants, but have a gray patina. During ripening, the fruits turn red from green and then turn black. The fruit is a false drupe with a moderately juicy flesh and a bland sweet taste. Greenish fruit tastes sour. The diameter of one fruit rarely exceeds 1 cm.
All parts of the plant to be harvested, rich in biologically active compounds. The greatest diversity is observed in the composition of the fruit.
- Coumarins. Natural anticoagulants and vasoprotectors that can prevent and cure thrombophlebitis, vasculitis, varicose veins.
- Phytosterols. Possess vasoprotective properties. Normalize the permeability and resistance of the vascular walls, improve peripheral blood supply, reduce cholesterol levels in the blood. Warn sclerotic lesions of blood vessels.
- Pectins. Natural adsorbents, ridding the body of toxic products. Have hepatoprotective properties.
- Cellulose . Improves the bowels, has a mild choleretic properties.
- Sahara. Sources of easily digestible glucose, increase the tone of the body. Charge with energy.
- Fatty oil The structural components of cell membranes are necessary for normal functioning of the nervous system and fat metabolism.
- Tannins. Possess astringent, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, regenerating properties. Accelerate the healing of damage to the skin and mucous membranes.
- Vitamins. Groups B, C, P, carotene. They have a positive effect on the condition of the skin, hair, nails, and vascular walls. Vitamin C and carotene are natural antioxidants that enhance immunity and prevent premature aging of the body.
- Trace elements Calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus. Necessary for metabolic processes, normalize the state of bone, muscle tissue, as well as participate in the conduct of nerve impulses.
Useful properties of berries, leaves and flowers of irgi
The rich composition of the plant causes a variety of its pharmacological effects and a list of indications for use. Official medicine recognizes irgu only as a dietary product that promotes saturation of the body with vitamins, while traditional healers see in the berry healing properties that can be used for preventive and therapeutic purposes. To do this, use various options for blanks of berries, as well as leaves and flowers of the plant.
It has astringent properties, so it is used for the treatment of diseases of the oral cavity (stomatitis, tonsillitis, periodontal disease). They can also wash purulent wounds, since one of the effects of irgi is antibacterial. Juice of irgi berry helps to strengthen the cardiovascular system, creating reliable prevention of myocardial infarction and stroke, so its use is highly desirable for people in old age. Juice Irgi recommended by doctors, as part of complex therapy of atherosclerosis, to improve vision. Its additional property is to normalize the excitability of the nervous system, to improve the quality of sleep, it is useful for children and adults. Juice quickly eliminates capillary fragility, relieves inflammation of the vascular walls, preventing their sclerotic damage.
Fresh and Dried Fruit
The use of irgi berries is indicated for adults and children over a year. Fresh berries irgi have the ability to eliminate intoxication, clean the intestines and blood, treat diarrhea. Berries irgi improve metabolism, they can be eaten with a diet, due to the low calorie, combined with a rich vitamin composition. In this case, the fruits will contribute to weight loss. Hypoglycemic action turns irgu into a beneficial berry for diabetes. Fruits are able to cleanse the body of radionuclides, so their use is very useful during radiation therapy.
Medicinal properties of dried berries irgi similar to those of fresh. They relieve inflammation of the gastric mucosa with gastritis, and intestinal mucosa with colitis. They have mild choleretic and diuretic properties. Antibacterial effect is appropriate for intestinal infections. When boils can be applied dried berries, pre-steamed hot milk.
The use of irgi berries includes their internal use for the prevention of visual impairment or its restoration. The plant will also be useful in various lesions of the retina and ocular vessels.
Leaves and flowers
Irga treatment at home implies the use of irgi flowers to improve heart function, prevent atherosclerosis, reduce pressure. The leaves of the plant are used to prepare infusions with astringent properties. They can be used for diarrhea, for inflammation of the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as for external use for skin diseases.
Bark Irgi is actively used for the treatment of skin diseases - wounds, ulcers, as well as in inflammatory diseases of the mucous membranes - stomatitis, sore throat, bleeding gums. Broth bark can cure running trophic ulcers and bedsores.
Preparation of medicinal plant materials
Traditional medicine recommends harvesting the fruits, leaves, flowers and bark of the plant. They are collected at different times, harvested by drying. Fruits of irgi can be frozen, get juice from them, or make jam, jam, stewed fruit. Even dessert dishes can be used in the diet, due to the low calorie berries. The rules for the procurement of plant parts are as follows.
- Harvesting bark. Begins after the first frost. It is better to remove it from the branches cut off to form the crown. The bark is removed from the wood. Lay out in the open air, under protection from ultraviolet radiation or dried in a dryer, with a temperature of about 60 ° C. Store raw materials in paper bags in a well-ventilated dark room for up to a year.
- Leaf preparation. To procure leaves of irgi, it is necessary to combine the beginning of the collection with the beginning of flowering plants. The leaves are cut or plucked, sorted out for spoiled. After that lay out in the shade with a thin layer. Dried to complete drying, stored in paper bags throughout the year.
- Harvesting flowers. It is carried out simultaneously with the harvesting of leaves. The peculiarity of the flowers is the need for very fast drying, so the flowers are laid out in a single layer in the open air, or with through ventilation, with mandatory shading of the pallet.
- Fruit storage. Fruits ripen at different times, but do not fall off from the stalks, therefore, they can be harvested as they ripen from August-month. It is undesirable to collect reddish berries, only black ones are suitable for harvesting. Slightly shriveled berries are also better not to collect, because the proportion of valuable substances in them is already destroyed. Berries are dried in a draft or in the open air, it is desirable to place pallets with raw materials in warm attics. Dried shadberry fruit can be stored in paper bags until the next harvest.
The benefits of irgi manifests itself in treatment and in cooking. For therapeutic purposes, infusions, decoctions, tinctures are made from leaves, flowers and fruits. Pectin-rich berries are actively used to make jellies, fruit drinks, jams and other desserts. Dried fruit is introduced into the composition of cereals and sauces, to give the dishes a special, unique taste. Juice also makes juice, wine, compotes, jelly.
Features The method is suitable as a preform, since the juice is also used for therapeutic purposes and retains almost all the beneficial properties of the fruit.
- Harvested ripe berries of irgi are placed in a dry place for a week, spreading them in a single layer on sheets of paper, newspaper or on cling film.
- Juice extractor extract juice, mix it with sugar (300 g of sand per liter).
- For better dissolution, the mixture can be slightly heated over low heat.
- After that, the syrup is rolled into sterile jars.
Features It has vitaminizing and restorative properties. Improves digestion.
- A kilogram of washed and dried berries of irgi is poured into a previously boiled, still hot sugar syrup, for which they take 800 g of sugar and 200 g of water.
- To prepare the jersey jam, the mixture of berries and syrup is boiled for 15 minutes, stirring the mixture regularly.
- At the end of cooking, citric acid (2 g) is added to the jam, cooled slightly, poured into sterile jars and rolled.
Features Infusion is able to get rid of prolonged diarrhea, normalize the microflora. The healing properties of the irgi berry can eliminate the acute manifestations of hemorrhoids.
Preparation and use
- A couple of tablespoons of dried berries pour a glass of boiling water.
- Wrapped capacity, insist means for two hours.
- After straining squeeze out the cake, use the inside of a third of a glass, three times a day, before meals.
Features The tool is suitable for external use, for the treatment of any skin problems.
Preparation and use
- A tablespoon of bark pour a glass of boiling water.
- Put the mixture in a boiling water bath, heated for half an hour.
- After complete cooling the means is filtered, used for rinsing and rinsing in the pure form.
Features It helps to get rid of diarrhea, gastritis, colitis.
Preparation and use
- A tablespoon of crushed dry leaves is poured with a cup of water.
- Insist the leaves for an hour, then filter.
- Inside take a few tablespoons, three times a day, before meals. Outwardly used as a rinse.
Features Applied with the initial forms of hypertension, to reduce pressure, as well as to normalize sleep with increased psychological stress.
Preparation and use
- A couple of teaspoons of dried flowers pour a glass of boiling water.
- Insist means for 15 minutes.
- Drink the filtered infusion for half an hour before the intended sleep.
Cautions before use
If you are going to start treatment with shadberry or simply eat berries, it is important to familiarize yourself with the side effects that the berry may manifest.
- Effect on blood. Irga promotes blood thinning. When violations of clotting and bleeding tendency, the use of berries can cause hemorrhages. Berry is contraindicated in patients with hemophilia.
- Effect on pressure. Irga contributes to the elimination of vascular spasms and the expansion of their gaps, which is the cause of pressure reduction. In hypotension, it may be excessive.
- Effect on the digestive tract. The astringent properties of the berries are undesirable with a tendency to constipation, as well as during pregnancy. Patients who have problems with the stool should eat the fruit very carefully.
- Effect on the central nervous system. Berries in large quantities can cause lethargy and drowsiness, so drivers and people working with complex mechanisms should use them with care.
Other plant benefits
Irgi shrubs are very popular in gardening. At any time of the year, this plant will delight its owners: in the spring with white flowers, in the summer with bright fruits, in the fall with colorful orange-red foliage. Gardeners note the only harm irgi - the rapid growth of root shoots, with which the owners will have to fight regularly, to preserve the form of plantations.
It is enough to know the benefits of shadberry berries to assess the need to have such a plant in the garden or suburban area. The owners will appreciate not only the benefits, but also the luxurious appearance of the plant, the many variations of its use for health, as well as the pleasant taste of ripe fruits.
Irga - plant characteristics, planting, care
This shrub gives a good yield in the sunlit places, reaches a height of 6-7 meters, is resistant to frosts. Shrubs grow quite quickly, begin to give color in May, and the fruits in early July. Full ripening of the berries occurs by the end of July - the beginning of August. Irgi flowers are predominantly white in color, they are pleasing to the eye with lush blooming for 2 weeks (May-June).
Irga, photos of flowers:
Berries are widely used by traditional healers as well as culinary specialists. They have a slightly sweet taste, but equally like adults, children. Externally, ryga berry is somewhat similar to black currant, and its taste is more similar to raisins (in dried form). Northern raisins - so often called.
Irga - berries, photo:
Saplings of this shrub deepen into the ground on the same principle as similar fruit crops - gooseberry or currant. Planting, care are not difficult. Irga is planted in spring or autumn. But the best option - planting irgi in the fall - in deep holes 40-50 cm deep, 60-80 cm wide. Fruits can be seen already in the second or third year after a properly planted planting.
Irga - beneficial properties, benefit and harm
To begin with, we will determine the beneficial characteristics of this plant. It is noteworthy that even the cortex of the irgi has healing qualities. Flowers, berries, leaves, bark are used by healers, both fresh and dried. Medicinal properties of irgi are also confirmed by official medicine.
Flowers with leaves are used for the prevention, treatment of various diseases: decoctions, teas help with heart disease, manifestations of hypertension, problems with sleep. Leaves, flowers can be brewed on their own, or together with berries, such tea can be consumed throughout the day.
Irgi berries are more popular: they contain fructose, glucose, nicotinic, ascorbic acid, vitamins E, B, carotene, useful microelements. Eating fruits helps to eliminate excess cholesterol, heavy metal salts, and other toxins. There is a general positive effect on the nervous system, a decrease in blood pressure, a reduced risk of blood clots, and blood vessels are being strengthened.
Irga - useful properties:
- strengthening the immune system, antioxidant properties, due to the carotene contained in the fruit,
- soft removal of toxins, heavy metals from the body, thanks to pectin,
- overall improvement of the heart, reducing the risk of heart attack,
- with liver, kidney ailments,
- cancer prevention,
- for sore throat, sore throat (fruit juice, gargle),
- brewing bark, leaves to alleviate the effects of burns, pustular skin diseases,
- strengthening of gums, treatment of various oral diseases (stomatitis, paradontosis),
- with indigestion,
- for the prevention of varicose veins.
It is also necessary to mention the contraindications, the possible harm that irga can cause. If there is a tendency to allergies, then eat the gifts of this shrub should be very careful. Irga is a strong allergen. It is not recommended to take irgu with manifestations of hypotension (low pressure). If a person suffers from blood diseases (hemophilia, problems with clotting), irgu cannot be consumed - it thins blood. Do not combine the use of decoctions or fruits with milk intake - they are not compatible (indigestion will not take long). You should also consider the inhibition of action, which can be observed from excessive consumption of irgi.
Если кустарник произрастает в экологически неблагополучной зоне, то им остаётся только любоваться, так как ирга очень активно «тянет» из земли, воздуха, воды вредные составляющие.
Применение ягоды ирги
Most often, irgu is used for treatment, but fresh berries, jams, liqueurs, wines, compotes from it are incredibly tasty. Baking with Irga is a real delicacy, its berries are perfectly combined with sand dough, cottage cheese.
To get the juice from the fruit, the harvest should be preliminarily maintained without access to the sun's rays - this way the berries will become sweeter, juicier. Fruits ripen stages, collect them, too, in stages. By itself, irga is a perennial bush, it lives for about 50-70 years - it depends on environmental conditions. She is life-resistant, almost not afraid of garden pests, she does not need spraying.
Irga berries - photo
If you decide to plant an irgu in your summer cottage, then you need to take into account that you will have to protect it from birds, as they very much love to feast on it. To prevent the birds from getting to the harvest, gardeners prudently cover the bushes with a special bird net that you can buy.
In any case, anyone can try the healing properties of this plant. Today, you can buy dried fruits or shadberry flowers - they are offered by pharmacies, online stores of medicinal herbs. This dark blue berry has a low calorie (45 kcal), practically does not contain in its composition fats, proteins. The carbohydrate value of irgi - 12 g per 100 g of fruit.
Taking into account the beneficial properties of irgi and contraindications, it is necessary to take into account the factor of individual intolerance, as well as to comply with the measure.
How to use the bark?
- For medical use, the bark from the plant should be collected at the end of spring. The greatest benefit of the plant lies in its special anti-inflammatory properties, in addition to the plant there are many tanning components. Tannins in tannins can quickly eliminate the bleeding process, bind toxins during poisoning of the body, and also qualitatively affect the process of cell rejuvenation.
- From the cortex, you can create special tinctures and decoctions, which should be used for the treatment of the treatment of gastritis, colitis, enterocolitis, as well as other diseases associated with the gastrointestinal tract. Such decoctions can also help during the development of inflammation in the gums, with stomatitis and gingivitis. They can also perform gargling when an infectious type of disease develops in the body. The healing properties of the rhiza bark can help during ophthalmic health problems, such as: night blindness, conjunctivitis, cataracts, and the subsequent inflammation of the cornea.
- How to treat diarrhea with irgi? To do this, it is necessary to mix one teaspoon of the crushed bark of a plant together with 200 ml of water. The decoction should be prepared in a water bath. For the process of treatment of a plant dental diseases: crushed bark (one tablespoon), and then filled with water 200 ml and boiled for 20 minutes. Broth should insist for 30 minutes, and then filtered. The resulting tool should be used for rinsing the mouth three times a day.
How to use the leaves of irgi plant?
Leaves of a tree or shrub also have a large number of medicinal properties (they should also be collected at the end of the spring season). Phytoncides in their composition conduct a comprehensive fight against infectious diseases: acute respiratory viral infections, acute respiratory infections, angina, and also have an antimicrobial effect during the treatment of purulent diseases, open and bleeding bedsores.
Binding properties of the plant have a curative effect during diarrhea and pancreatitis. A decoction of leaflets should be used for insomnia, cardiovascular diseases, as well as during a significant increase in pressure in the body.
Young children are prone to infectious diseases, which is why for less use of artificial antibiotics against cough, they should be given exactly the decoction of irgi leaves. It has thinning and expectorant properties.
It should be noted that children younger than two years old should be given irgu in a minimal amount, because there are a large number of allergens in it.
Running around the yard, children often hurt themselves and get small, but such unpleasant injuries, and irgi leaves are a good antiseptic of a natural nature. For a wound or injury to a child, it is necessary to attach a tampon dipped in grass decoction, or a simple leaf of the plant for a certain period of time.
Tea from the leaves of the plant carries in itself a vitamin and strengthening complex of human immunity. Dietary and weight-lowering effect has a juice from the leaves of the plant, in addition, such tinctures can be successfully used in cosmetology. Lotions and tonics from a plant can stop the process of active wilting of the skin, tighten pores, eliminate oily skin, restore damaged epithelium, and also improve the quality of hair and nails.
For a rejuvenating effect, it is worth wiping the face and neck with this decoction of leaflets (it would be best to do this several times a day). Such a lotion can be poured into a container with a special sprayer, which can be used to spray the neckline from time to time.
The recipe, which should be used to eliminate inflammation in the mouth, as well as various wounds: dry leaves of the plant - two tablespoons should be mixed with 200 ml of boiled water, and then insist for half an hour. During illnessassociated with the oral cavity, you should rinse the mouth after eating, with the development of wounds - lubricate with a cotton swab.
What help irgi flowers?
- It is no secret that women who bear a child are exposed to diseases most often, because their body has to withstand double loads at this time. Chemicals in most cases can harm a child, and problems with pressure, dental, cardiac and infectious lesions of the body are far from uncommon in women in this position.
- Flowers irgi able to become a good method of treatment, as well as the prevention of many diseases, because they carry a large number of medicinal properties that will be beneficial to both the mother and the baby. Tincture of flowers can qualitatively reduce blood pressure in the patient's body, has anti-inflammatory effect, immunomodulatory and antimicrobial properties. Tea based on such inflorescences is used during the prevention of acute and respiratory forms of viral diseases of the body.
- Broths, as well as tinctures from the flowers of the plant after chemical therapy during the fight against oncology, are used to restore the strength and energy of the body. Douching with decoction can help a woman during oncological diseases, as well as with cystitis. Broths, as well as herbal tinctures, reduce the symptoms of thyroid disease.
Baths with irgi flowers should be used for medicinal purposes to tone up the skin. These baths can affect the excretion of toxins through the pores, as well as other harmful compounds, which makes the skin more elastic and smooth. Lotions give the face a healthier appearance. The recipe for pregnant women suffering from developing hypertension: two tablespoons of dried or fresh flowers should be poured 400 ml of boiling water. After it is good to wrap the composition and put it in a secluded place for a tincture of the drug for a few hours, after the broth it is necessary to strain it. Take the tool is one tablespoon before eating, three times a day.
Worth rememberingthat irgi flowers have a calming effect and can cause drowsiness, so after using them you should not get behind the wheel of a car or carry out work with dangerous devices that require a certain concentration and increased concentration of attention.
The curative effect of irgi berries
- The fruits of shadberry can be actively used both in folk and in official medicine. Doctors advise elderly patients to use the fruits of the plant for food as a prophylactic against varicose veins, atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, as well as for the qualitative strengthening of the walls in the blood vessels and the whole organism.
- The berries of the plant are capable of removing from the body all the harmful components and substances that get into it along with food from the surrounding atmosphere, as well as cholesterol. Useful plant and its fruits during the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, insomnia, nervous disorders in the body, as well as for the general smoothing of the effects after stress and overstrain of the human nervous system.
- Juice plants should be used during gastric and intestinal diseases, as its astringent qualities help during the development of gastritis, eliminating all the inflammatory processes of the stomach walls. Juice carries a dietary effect on the patient's body.
With group A vitamins, with which this plant is so rich, with constant inward use, they are able to eliminate the development of cataracts, and also improve the patient's vision. To avoid malfunction and lack of vitamins during a certain diet, it is worth drinking berry tea. Fresh fruit juice is also able to eliminate all pain symptoms during purulent tonsillitis and stomatitis. Vitamin remedy is made as follows: the dry fruits of a plant should be filled with boiling water (1 tablespoon per 200 ml of boiled water), and then let it brew for half an hour. Drink half a cup a day after meals.
The use of plants in cooking
Irga is a rather demanded plant in cooking, it is possible to make a large number of tasty treats that are good for the patient’s body, mainly of a sweet type. Dried fruit is similar in appearance to raisins and is used as a specific filling for pies and pastries. Ground irguu should be used in the process of cooking casseroles, muffins, pancakes and simple pancakes. For desserts and main dishes with the use of juicy fruits is to make special sauces. Berry can also be harvested for the winter. Dried or dried fruits are most often used as dried fruits, for compote, medicinal tinctures and tea.
What is irga
Berry irga has a dark blue color with a bluish bloom, resembles a black currant, but smaller in size (up to 10 mm). It grows shrubs in the forests, on the woods, summer cottages, is distinguished by unpretentiousness. In the southern and central regions of Russia, the common irga or the round-leaved of the Rosaceae family is common, and is considered an excellent honey plant during flowering.
The leaves of the plant are falling, round-oval, dark green above, bright below, yellow-red or dark brown in autumn. The flowers are white and cream, gathered in corymboid brush at the ends of the shoots. The fruits of the round iris ripen in July, have a dark blue, almost black color. After drying, they retain all the useful properties, are used in traditional medicine, cooking.
The fruits of shadberry contain many useful substances: pectins, sugar, malic acid, vitamins of group B, P, ascorbic acid. Lead, cobalt, and copper are extracted from microelements, tannins, flavonoids, sterols, and fiber from organic active substances. In the fruits there is practically no protein, fat, only 12 g per 100 g of carbohydrates. Caloric irgi low - 45 kcal per 100 g
Benefits irgi for the human body
Irga tree is famous for its fruits, which contain 12% of sugars, a certain amount of organic acids, tannins, dyes, vitamins, pectins. There is a lot of fatty oil in seeds, and tannins in bark and leaves. Compared to grapes, jungle contains more vitamins C, P, carotene, and minerals. Useful properties of a plant for different categories of people:
- For men. It serves for the prevention of heart attacks, strokes, atherosclerosis, eliminates sexual disorders caused by poor vascular function. Berries irgi heals the body, strengthen sleep, increase appetite, have a tonic effect.
- For women. Restores the body after menstruation, suppresses pressure surges, mood swings, prevents vein diseases, atherosclerosis, and normalizes memory.
- For losing weight. Suitable for those who limit sugar intake, the low calorie content of the fruit allows them to make desserts.
- For pregnant. Reduces blood pressure, eliminates excessive irritability, edema of the lower extremities, suitable for the treatment of colds, sleep disorders. Contraindications are low blood pressure in hypotensive allergies. Eat pregnant women should be in limited quantities.
The fruit of irgi contains many vitamins A, B, C and flavonoids, which resist cancerous tumors. Vitamin P strengthens the elasticity of the capillary walls. Juice is used for gargling for stomatitis, purulent tonsillitis, raw berries are useful for nervous system disorders, insomnia. Healing dried fruits prevent kidney and liver diseases, reduce high blood pressure and blood clotting, and prevent blood clots.
The main beneficial feature of the irgi flowers is the normalization of hypertension and the elimination of heart failure. May shrub blossoms, then raw and harvested. Infusion of flowers, dry or fresh, taken chilled with cardiovascular diseases. It tones the work of muscles, reduces pressure, normalizes sleep, eliminates the feeling of anxiety.
The leaves and bark of the shrub contain a large amount of tannins that are effective in the treatment of purulent wounds, burns, gastrointestinal problems. From these parts irgi prepare healing broths. To prepare, you need to take the leaves harvested in May, and the bark collected in the fall. Infusion of the bark is used to prevent diseases of the digestive tract. Tea from the leaves of irgi relieves nervous tension.
For vascular diseases
In the treatment of atherosclerosis will help infusion of berries. Take 2-3 tablespoons of fruit, cover with a glass of boiling water and leave for half an hour. Strain the infusion, take half a glass twice a day between meals. If the vessels are weak, take two glasses of fruit, pour 500 ml of boiling water, leave for half an hour. Press to get a concentrated infusion, and drink a glass a day, divided into two doses.
To normalize the work of the pancreas, take a 0.5-liter jar, fill it with fruits and fill it with water to the top. Insist the mixture for three days in a dry dark place. Take a decoction of four teaspoons per day. If diabetes has led to phlebitis and ulcers, an infusion of 200 g of irgi leaves and roots with 100 g of horse chestnut fruit, infused with 0.5 liters of boiling water in a thermos can be used to treat wounds. Wipe the affected area with a decoction. Contraindications - allergic reactions to the plant.
In gastrointestinal disorders
From diarrhea, gastritis and enterocolitis help decoction of the bark of irgi:
- Take 20 g of chopped dry or fresh bark.
- Pour 400 ml of boiling water and keep in a water bath under a lid for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain, add water, bring to the original volume.
- Cool and drink half a glass four times a day.
With intestinal upset:
- Pour two tablespoons of dry berries with a glass of boiling water, keep for two hours under the lid.
- Strain, squeeze.
- Drink a third of a cup three times a day, half an hour before meals.
With nervous disorders
When tension, insomnia treatment and to relax the muscles used tea from the leaves. Brew it as a normal drink, using 2-4 leaves per glass. Drink warm with honey. To eliminate anxiety, an infusion of 30 g of irgi berries with aronia, mixed with 10 g of mint or lemon balm will help. Pour the mixture with a liter of hot water, leave for an hour, drink before bedtime. Contraindication is individual intolerance.
In case of cardiovascular diseases accompanied by hypertension, an infusion of fresh or dried flowers with healing properties will help. Two tablespoons of raw materials pour two cups of boiling water, wrap, leave for three hours. Strain, drink cold broth two tablespoons before meals. If you suffer from hypertension, it is recommended to take 2-3 tablespoons of fresh crushed fruit, pour 200 ml of boiling water, leave for an hour. Strain, squeeze the infusion, drink 100 ml twice a day between meals.
Harm and contraindications irgi
Due to the possible harm, negative impact on the body, use of irgi fruits has its own contraindications:
- individual intolerance, allergic reaction to parts of a plant,
- contraindication is to work with mechanisms in the area with high concentration of attention, driving a car,
- do not abuse the fruits of people with low blood pressure,
- hemophilia is a contraindication because of the property of berries to reduce blood clotting.
The composition and calorie berries
Irga contains sufficient natural sugars: glucose and its isomer fructose, in addition, it contains hydroxyacetate acid, B vitamins (riboflavin, thiamine and others), vitamins C and P, provitamin A, carotene, fiber, pectins, trace elements . It also has a lot of tannins, including coumarins, sterols and flavonols. В ягоде присутствуют минеральные элементы, самые значимые из которых свинец, кобальт, медь, магний и калий, которые нужны для нормальной функциональности органов и всего организма.
Ирга может стать полезной для мужчин старше 50 лет. The use of this berry can increase sexual activity, as well as strengthen blood vessels, which prevents the development of cardiovascular diseases. In addition, there is an improvement in blood flow in the groin area, thereby increasing the ability of the reproductive system.
For younger people, irga will be able to assist in getting out of stressful conditions. With frequent work at the computer berries can improve vision, relieve fatigue and prevent prostatitis from a sedentary lifestyle.
Eating irgi will help relieve various pains during the menstrual cycle and help restore the body after bleeding during menopause.
Children should be given irgu with extreme caution, because it is an allergen, and can cause a strong allergic reaction in a child.
The fruits of irgi are very useful for a growing organism, because they help the proper development of the mental abilities of the child, have a positive effect on sleep and calm.
For the same reason, irga is recommended for children who have just started to go to school. It helps to easily transfer mental activity without unnecessary nerves.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding
As an alternative to hypertonic drugs, the berries of irgi are very successfully used for women with high blood pressure. Due to its astringent properties, irg has successfully replaced antidiarrheal drugs that are dangerous in the perinatal period.
Due to its sedative properties, the berry is able to replace the soothing ones.
Precautions should be taken when using irgi during pregnancy, because the berry can be a strong allergen and become dangerous for the baby. Before adding to the diet should consult a doctor.
The use of infusion of irgi has a positive effect in diseases of the intestine, eyes, blood vessels, as well as in hypertension, gastritis, colitis and ulcers.
There are such options for the use of berries to improve health:
- for the preparation of infusion with gastritis or colitis use the bark of the plant, which is crushed and left in boiling water. The bark should be kept on fire for a quarter of an hour, and then left to infuse for two hours,
- for the preparation of infusion with ulcers, the leaves of the shrub and root, which are mixed with chestnuts. All this is infused in boiled water,
- in case of vascular diseases, the infusion is prepared from a pair of glasses of berries and boiling water, which is infused for 30 minutes,
- with hypertension, diseases of the eyes or intestines, berries warm up in a small amount and pour boiling water, after which the infusion is filtered,
- shadberry juice is also used for sore throat.
Due to the use of fruits not only strengthens the immune system, but also normalizes the process of falling asleep and sleep.
Application in cosmetology
Irga is an excellent cosmetic. From her flowers, leaves and berries make good infusions that help with external skin defects. The components that make up irgie help to improve the structure of cells, increase their elasticity, restore the epidermis. Berry is used as an ingredient in the creation of many cosmetics.
At home, you can make berry masks, prepare infusions to wipe the skin.
For example, the following helps:
- To rejuvenate the skin on the face, you need to add a spoonful of berry juice and a teaspoon of honey to a tablespoon of cottage cheese, after which all of this is superimposed on the face, after which the prepared mass is left for a quarter of an hour. Next, you need to wash with boiled water.
- To make your hair grow better, you can rub berry juice half an hour before washing.
- When oily skin must be diluted with boiled water berry juice in the ratio of 1 to 1. This will be very useful for all skin types.
- In order to make the skin more velvety and tender, you need to pour boiling water over the flowers of irgi, let it brew, strain, cool and then use for washing 2 times a day.
- If the skin is too dry, then you can take the leaves, pour water on it, then drain it, cool the leaves and apply it on the face, then leave it for 20 minutes.
- To make the skin more elastic will help the decoction for the bath, made from the infusion of flowers irgi, which after filtering, add to the bath.
In what form is better to use the berry
You can use fresh or make jam from shadberry, fruit drink, fruit juice, marshmallow, jam, jam or jelly. Still berries are dried, and wine and various liqueurs are prepared from them. Irrig juice is acid, but it goes very well with sour berries. It does not need to be squeezed out immediately, as the berry begins to give it away well only a week after the harvest. Dried berries can replace raisins, as such, and in fresh or dried, it contains the greatest amount of vitamins.
To preserve the properties, irga for the winter is frozen.
Useful properties of leaves
Prepared from the leaves of tea can help bring the nervous system to calm. For hypertension and insomnia, an infusion made from leaves is recommended.
In the case of pancreatitis, accompanied by diarrhea, it is recommended to take the infusion of leaves due to its astringent properties.
Harm of irgi and contraindications to use
Irga in any, possibly, form (be it fruit or prepared compote) is able to influence the central nervous system (central nervous system), bringing it to a relaxed state. It is not recommended to get behind the wheel or do work that requires concentrated attention after eating a berry.
These berries also interact very poorly with milk. Due to the tannins that make up the composition, the coagulation of milk proteins begins, which subsequently causes indigestion.
Due to the property of lowering pressure, consumption of berries is contraindicated for people with low blood pressure. It is not recommended to add in large quantities to the diet of those who are engaged in traumatic work, as the fruit helps to increase blood clotting. There is a high probability of constipation, so regular consumption of berries is contraindicated.
Irga is able to absorb various harmful substances from the environment, therefore it is allowed to add berries collected in regions with clean ecology to the diet. In dangerous areas, the bush can only be grown for decorative purposes.
Despite the fact that the benefits and harm of irgi are not fully understood, it is already listed in medicine in the list of valuable medicinal products, which in some cases can replace pharmaceutical medicines. Moreover, the irgi berries have an unusual taste, and can be loved by everyone, surprising with their magical properties.