In spring, courtyards and squares are decorated with beautiful flowering peony bushes. They grow almost everywhere. Their popularity is associated with huge beautiful flowers that produce a strong but delicate scent. Simplicity of care, unpretentiousness made them indispensable for any gardener. A variety of colors allows you to turn any flower bed into a bright multi-colored carpet. Among the variety of pions there are several whites. One of them is the peony of the Maxim Festival.
Peonies - perennial flowers. Among the three dozen species there are grassy and tree varieties. They differ in that the tree grows in the form of a bush or tree, and the grassy stems disappear in the winter. Trees in the form of a shrub or dwarf shrub grow in nature in southwest China. In regions with a temperate climate, grassy are more common.
Peonies in nature have flowers with five petals of pink, red or white. Only in the Caucasus grow white and yellow. Many stamens, they are noticeable, with long threads of red.
Some types of peonies:
- Drug, which began to grow first. Distributed in the Mediterranean.
- The lacticulum (white-flowered, Chinese) grows in the Far East. Not affected by disease, not afraid of difficult weather conditions.
- Narrow-leaved with red flowers and dissected leaves.
The interest in studying pion is indicated by the fact that at the beginning of the twentieth century in America a pionovod society was created. On the basis of these wild-growing species, breeders created tens of thousands of varieties. All of them are divided into three groups:
- OFFICENALISES - selected varieties of medicinal peony, which includes red, pink and white terry varieties.
- Chinese peonies - created on the basis of the peony of the dairy-flowering.
- Interspecific hybrids.
According to the structure of the flower, all varieties of peonies are divided into the following groups:
- Simple (non-double).
- Japanese with stamens without pollen.
- Anemous with a large number of staminodes (modified stamens).
- Terry, in which there are four groups, including rose-like.
There are three groups of pions in terms of flowering. The earliest bloom in the first half of June. Those that bloom until the third decade of this month are average. Late flowering continues until the first decade of July.
Peony Festival Maxima
The Maxim Festival is a peony that has worked well over the century and a half of its history. It was then that this beautiful flower was created in France.
What kind of peony is the Maxim Festival? Description and photos show that the bush peony of this variety is tall, spreading. Stems grow to 1 meter. The leaves are large, dark green color. The flower is pinkish terry. Petals tight to each other. The size of the flower can reach 20 cm. The color of the petals is white, the central ones with red strokes on the edges.
Maxim Festival - peony, which blooms about two weeks. The number of flowers is large. The flower is fragrant, with a gentle and quite strong smell.
Soil for Peony Festival Maxim
Peony Grass Maxim Festival can delight in flowering in one place for about three decades. Therefore, planting it, you need to provide that in the future he received a large amount of light. Can grow in slightly darkened places. The distance from the buildings should not be less than 2 m. There they will not bloom.
The Maxim Festival is a peony that loves neutral soil. The level of acidity for planting peony pH 6-6.5. Adding lime or wood ash will help make the soil less acidic.
The soil for growing the peony of the Maxim Festival should be nutritious. But on the poor it can be grown successfully. Such flowers feel bad in the sand, so it needs to be diluted with clay and organic matter.
The peony in marshy areas feels worse. There, its roots begin to rot, which can lead to the death of the plant.
Peony planting of the Maxim Festival
Replanting the peony of the Maxima Festival should be in the fall, in September. Landing later is undesirable, because he may not have time to settle down to frost.
When planted in the spring, the plant tolerates the transplant much worse. His buds start to bloom very early, so when they fall off they fall off.
The Maxim Festival is a peony that is not deeply immersed in the ground. The upper kidney should be at ground level. If you plant much deeper, the shoots will be weak, the flowers will be small. The depth of the pit for planting the peony of the Maxim Festival must be at least 70 cm. The root length reaches 60 cm. There must be room for further growth, otherwise they will cease to grow.
If the peony is planted too high, in the spring it will be on the surface. It is sprinkled with earth, and transplanted in the fall.
The pit for planting a peony of the Maxim Festival is prepared earlier. Lay a layer of drainage: gravel, expanded clay, coarse sand.
The removed top layer of the earth is mixed with humus, peat. Add a glass of wood ash or superphosphate. Lay on the bottom of the pit. It is better to prepare a hole in advance, for six months. But not always it turns out. The ground in the pit should be at least 2 weeks apart. If this could not be done in advance, the soil when planting a peony is well rammed.
The distance between peony bushes must be at least 1 m.
Peony Care Maxim Festival
After planting the peonies need to be watered. You can grind peat or mowed grass. The first two years do not need to fertilize peonies. They will be enough nutrients pledged during planting. Loosen the soil, remove weeds. Do not allow peony to bloom immediately after planting. If flower buds are formed, they are cut off.
The young bush for the winter is covered with peat. Subsequently, he will not need shelter.
The peony of the Maxim Festival blooms profusely, the photo of which is located here starting in the third year. After a few years, the bush will grow, the stems will not be able to keep exactly and will begin to lean under the weight of the flowers. Therefore, they will need to provide support. It is set a week before the peonies bloom, so as not to damage the flowers.
Is it possible to make the peony of the Maxim Festival even larger? Reviews flower growers are advised to remove all buds, except the central. Then the remaining central flower will be larger. Faded flowers are also removed, so that the bush does not spend strength on the formation of seeds. They should not be used for breeding peony of the Maxim Festival.
Peony is considered one of the most popular ornamental plants, flowering in the spring. Such a high interest of gardeners and lovers of floriculture caused by the beauty and perfection of the forms of this culture, as well as the richness of colors.
According to the data of botanical encyclopedias, more than 10 thousand species of pions, adapted to different climatic features of the growing regions, are currently bred. More than 500 types of pions of foreign and domestic selections are grown in Russia alone.
Among such diversity, the graceful and sophisticated grassy peony of the Maxim Festival, which will be discussed in our today's article, has received special attention from gardeners.
Peony Festival Maxima (Festiva Maxima) belongs to the grass class of ornamental garden crops. The author of this variety is the French breeder Auguste Millet, who in 1851 for the first time presented to the public a lush flowering snow white flower with a pleasant delicate aroma.
After more than 150 years, the Maxima Festival variety (Festiva Maxima) remains one of the most interesting and favorite gardeners not only in Russia, but also in Europe and America.
Description and timing of flowering
According to the description, the peony variety of the Maxim Festival is included in the group of middle-early large-flowered crops. Terry and high-gourmet buds are distinguished by density and large forms. At full disclosure, the diameter of the flower can reach 20 cm. The color of the peony is snow white, while the edges of the central part of the petals have a reddish hue.
Due to the originality of colors, perfection of forms, delicate and refined appearance, the Maxim Festival variety is often used by florists to compose wedding bouquets. Also, white peonies are indispensable in landscape design, they are widely used for the design of single, group and mixed flower arrangements.
The average height of the bush is 100-110 cm, but there are also taller specimens that can grow 120-125 cm. Despite the dense and strong stems, sometimes you have to resort to the help of special supports made of metal or plastic. Do not do without such adaptations for gardeners who grow plants in regions where there is a frequent gusting wind.
As for the leaves, they are painted in a brilliant dark green color and have an openwork structure. With the arrival of autumn, the foliage does not turn yellow, but acquires a noble red-burgundy shade.
According to experienced gardeners, several inflorescences can form on one shoot. If you do not interfere with nature, the buds will bloom will be small and not too expressive. It is recommended to pinch the side shoots and inflorescences, focusing on the central bud. Adhering to the recommended technique, it is possible to grow several large and luxuriant peonies on one bush.
The first flowering of the Maxima Festival variety falls on the second or third year of the flower’s life. At first, the growing season is characterized by abundant flowering and an incredibly resistant aroma, with time the number of inflorescences begins to decrease. To cope with this problem will help fertilizing plants with mineral and organic fertilizers, as over time, the reserves of nutrients and nutrients that are present in the soil, are depleted.
Peculiarities of care
Peony is a perennial decorative culture that can grow in one place of growth for about 8–10 years. If we talk about the Maxim Festival variety, then among experienced gardeners there are cases when this plant successfully grew, developed and pleased with abundant flowering, without changing the place of cultivation for more than 20 years.
Peony varieties Festival Maxima refers to unpretentious garden crops. However, if you want the flower to bloom magnificently and develop well, you need to familiarize yourself with some of the nuances of planting and cultivation techniques.
Most peonies of the grassy class are light-loving and moisture-loving ornamental plants. When choosing a site for planting, it is recommended to give preference to the sunny part of the garden with a slight midday shadow.
Please note that this flower does not like abundant shade and narrowness, try to avoid neighborhood with other tall plants and various buildings.
Optimally grow peonies in well-drained and fertile loamy buds. At the same time, the groundwater level should be no closer than 1 m from the surface of the earth. Despite the fact that the flower likes abundant watering, an excess of moisture in the soil adversely affects the development of a flowering shrub and often causes rotting of the rhizome. Therefore, it is necessary to water the plant rarely, but plentifully. On one adult bush leaves 2-3 buckets of water.
The variety of the Maxim Festival is distinguished by high frost resistance. To help the flower survive the winter, it is recommended to shorten the stems, leaving cuttings 10–15 cm long, mulch the hole with peat or humus, and cover the bush with straw, sawdust or spruce branches.
There are about 30 kinds of peonies in total. Peonies with white flowers are especially popular. There are not many such varieties, and I especially want to highlight the Maxim Festival.
A variety with a long history dating back to 1851. It was then that he was bred by French breeders.
- All peonies can be divided into 2 main groups. The first - Treelike. They grow in the form of a bush or a small tree. Their stems are woody and dense. Distributed such plants, mainly in the south - west of China.
- Herbaceous. The main difference is the death of leaves and stems in the cold season. We see them almost always in our flowerbeds. They are common in temperate regions.
- The height of the shrub of this variety is about 1 m. The plant belongs to the grassy group, is a perennial. Pretty unpretentious in the care, but the flowering is just extraordinary: large double flowers with a diameter of 20 cm with reddish patches in the middle. The flowering of the bush is medium.
- The flowering period lasts a little more than a few weeks and is characterized by abundance and aroma of flowers. The shrub does not need a support because the stems are rather strong and dense. Lodging of buds and flowers on the ground was not observed. The branches do not bend under the weight of flowers. This is certainly an advantage of the variety. Although, judging by the reviews, in some gardeners a bush from about the third year of life begins to grow very strongly. Some still install a prop.
- Crown bush lush and sprawling. The leaves are large, dark green, dissected. After a flowering period, the bush continues to perform a decorative role in the garden, delighting with its emerald green.
If you are not familiar with the plant, and only try to plant it in your area, then you need to follow all the recommendations step by step. Although the bush is unpretentious, but until it becomes adult and strong, your attention and care will be required in full. Consider step by step where to start, and how to properly implement the landing.
Selection of seedlings
- Acquire better in proven places, preferably in nurseries. Then you can get guaranteed the sort that you would like to have in a flower bed.
- Usually nurseries offer a seedling in the form of a delenka with 2 - 3 well developed buds. Be sure to on a young plant should be a label with the name.
- Often, as a bonus, you can also get a package of peat for planting.
- If you yourself decided to plant a plant, then carefully separate the required number of delenok from the mother bush, and then be sure to treat the cut sites with a solution of potassium permanganate. Then sprinkle with finely pounded activated charcoal. Such measures will prevent the plant from being infected with fungal, other infections and diseases.
- It is desirable to divide the rhizome after the flowering period in the second half of August or in early September.
- Before planting, carefully inspect the seedlings. Remove any dried, damaged, or rotted root processes, as well as stems and leaves. The plant should look completely healthy.
Site preparation and soil
Peony bushes love space and sun. If you plant them on the shady side of the garden plot, the flowering may be expressed either very weakly or not at all.
- Since peony belongs to herbaceous plants, it is very important to choose a permanent place for it successfully. After all, he will live on it for more than 20 years.
- When planting, keep in mind that the bush will grow over time, and should receive a sufficient amount of light. It is not recommended to plant it near fruit trees and large shrubs, as they will inhibit the plant and take all the nutrients from the soil.
- It is not recommended to plant the plant close to the walls or dense barriers. Water dripping from roofs during precipitation can adversely affect the quality of growth and flowering.
- The bush successfully grows on poor soils, but it is still desirable to find a plot with fertile and neutral soil for it. The allowable level of PH is 6.0 - 6.5. To reduce the level of acidity, add a small amount of lime or wood ash to the soil.
- Swampy and damp places where melted water stagnates or ground water flow too close to the soil surface are unacceptable for pions. Stagnant moisture can cause putrefactive processes in the root system and wilting shrubs.
If, however, you have such a place, then add some clay and organic fertilizer to the soil before planting. Enriched soil will contribute to better adaptation and development of the bush.
When to land
The best time is the end of the summer season and until mid-September. It is at this time that the plant is ready for reproduction and planting. He has enough time to take root before the onset of winter cold.
Spring landing and transplanting a peony is going through much more difficult. The plant comes to itself much longer, it may not bloom.
In addition, the buds begin to form and develop in the pion early enough, so the division of the bush can cause kidney damage and their death.
It must be remembered that the planted young plant begins to bloom only in the second or third year of life.
- It is important to correctly prepare the landing pit. Considering the average length of the pion root is 60 cm, the depth of the hole should be at least 10 cm more, that is, about 70 cm. The root will then grow and it should not be cramped. Otherwise, the bush will stop growing.
- The root neck should be after planting at ground level. Если куст слишком глубоко посажен, то корневище будет активно развиваться, а цветение может и не наступить.
- Допускается, чтобы корневая шейка была заглублена на несколько сантиметров в грунт. Через время почва осядет, а она встанет на нужное место (вровень с землей).
- When it turned out that they planted, on the contrary, too high, then in the spring, sprinkle the circumferential circle with earth, and in the autumn period, re-transplant.
- Prepare a landing hole before planting. Put a drainage layer on the bottom consisting of gravel, pebble, broken brick, expanded clay or river sand.
- Remove the top layer of soil and mix separately with peat and humus. Then add 200 grams of wood ash or superphosphate. Mix all ingredients thoroughly until smooth.
- If there are several seedlings, then keep the gap between the holes at least one meter. Prepare the landing pits 2 weeks before the landing so that the ground settles and fades.
Additional shelter pion is not very necessary. But, to prevent weeds from appearing, chomp around the bush the ground with mowed grass or peat. This will also protect the bush peony from the invasion of harmful insects, and the moisture after watering will linger for a longer period.
After planting, the plant must first be watered abundantly so that the soil is moist. The bush does not need fertilizer for the first few years. Especially if you have fertilized the soil well before planting. The only thing that needs to be done is to regularly loosen the ground and remove weeds.
In the early years, do not let the peony bloom. Remove all buds except the central one. It is necessary for the shrub to properly develop and go faster in growth, gain strength. Withered flowers also try to clean immediately so that they do not take away the nutrients.
No need to cover the plant for the winter cut dry stalks and leaves. This can lead to gray rot. It is advisable to cover in the early years cut bushes with a layer of peat no more than 15 - 20 cm.
Record on spring pruning from February 1!
A photo of a peony of a grassy variety of the Maxim Festival
Description of peony grassy varieties of the Maxim Festival
Peony grassy Maxim Festival (Festiva Maxima) has a terry rose-shaped flower. The height of the plant is 90-100 cm, the flowers are large (20 cm in diameter), pure white, in the center at the tips of the petals are red, with a delicate aroma. Abundant flowering. Flowering period - medium early.
Features of planting and cultivation.
Choosing a place under the grassy peonies.
- Peonies require a well-lit place. They can withstand light shading. In the shade, the plants will either not bloom or will do it weakly.
- Peonies do not like the neighborhood with fruit plantations, with which they begin the struggle for nutrients.
- Peonies are not advised to plant next to buildings - in the summer, the bushes will overheat, and the flowers will be damaged by droplets from the roofs.
- Peonies do not tolerate stagnant water. If there is a possibility of flooding the shrub on the site, if possible, drainage should be done or planted on a hill. This should protect it from rotting of the root system. Otherwise, the plant will have poor development or may even die.
- Peonies prefer moisture-absorbing and fairly breathable soil. Loamy soils are best suited for development. The reaction of the soil environment should be neutral or slightly acid pH 6.0 - 7.0.
Planting grass peonies and care.
- The size of the landing pit should be 50 * 50 * 50 cm.
- Peony seedlings should be planted in such a way that the rhizome is covered by 4-5 cm. If you bury the plant, it will grow, but it will not bloom. If you plant the plant too high, the winter hardiness of the plant will decrease.
- The area of supply of one bush 1 - 1.5 m.
- Feeding peonies should be in the spring. When planting, organic fertilizer should be applied (horse humus or humus) at the rate of 5-15 kg / m square, from mineral nutrition you can take urea (50-100 g) or ammonium nitrate with nitroamm pha (15-20 g each). In the autumn it is also possible to feed with various complex fertilizers, WITHOUT nitrogen content. In rich lands, top dressing is often not necessary, and on poor, sandy soils, fertilizer must be applied annually.
- Young plants can be fed and foliar way. From the second half of May, spray the complex mineral easily soluble fertilizer. Like watering, this operation should be carried out either in the morning or in the evening to avoid sunburn of the foliage.
- In the first year after planting, it is recommended to cut the buds. In the future, to obtain larger buds, one bud should be left on one shoot. Removal of buds should be carried out at a time when they were laid in steel about 1 cm in diameter.
- Watering pions should be carried out immediately after planting during the first 3-4 weeks several times a week. In the future, the plant is watered as needed. Adult bush requires 15-25 liters of water. It is better to water less frequently, but more carefully than often, but superficially. After watering, the ground in the circle is loosened. It is very important that the soil is well moistened before flowering, that is, at the end of spring and in August, during the laying of flower buds.
- Pristvolny circle is required when growing peonies. It should not be planted any plants, it must be kept clean of weeds, constantly loosen. If desired, you can separate the area around the circle of the trunk from the lawn with curb tape (you cannot use iron sheets or concrete products for these purposes).
- In autumn, the entire above-ground part is cut off and disposed of (compost pit or fire)
Where to buy white peony in Moscow cheap?
What kind of peonies is the most winter hardy?
What kind of peonies is the most beautiful?
We will help you find the answer to these and other questions!
Just call or come to our nursery!
Choosing a place
Peonies of the Maxim Festival need well-lit places. They can only tolerate simple shading, because they do not actually bloom in the shade, or they will, but only weakly. They do not like to coexist with other fruit crops, as they begin a special competition for nutritional components. Agronomists do not recommend planting near buildings, because in the summer season the bushes will overheat, but in rainy time, on the contrary, the flowers will be damaged by droplets from the roofs.
In particular, they do not tolerate water stagnation. If at the summer cottage there is a possibility of flooding the shrub, then, if possible, it is necessary to make a drainage, or plant it on a higher hill. You might be wondering. What will it give? This, undoubtedly, will protect the flower from rotting of the entire root system.
Peonies give away preference for breathable and ultra-capacious areas. Loamy soils are best suited for its formation. The optimal criterion is pH 6.0 - 7.0.
In autumn, namely, in September, it is necessary to transplant the peony of the Maxim Festival. Planted in a more late period is not worth it, because it will not be able to take root during the cold season. By the way, when planted in the spring, the plant tolerates transplanting much worse. Therefore, during the planting process, it is necessary to introduce turf (horse) or humus of the following calculated parameters - 5–15 kg per square meter, of rottisite - urea - 50–100 grams, or ammonium nitrate with nitroammopic 15–25 grams (each).
Maxim's festival is a plant that would be good to sink into the groundbut not too deep. If you sit much deeper, the processes will be very stunted. Accordingly, the depth of the pit should be at least 70- 75 cm.
As a rule, the length of the root reaches 65 cm. Nevertheless, one should not forget that there should be a place left for their subsequent growth, or even they will cease to grow. If the peony is planted unnecessarily high, then, of course, in the spring it will fall on the ground surface. In accordance with this, it is sprinkled with earth, and in the fall it is completely transplanted. Also top dressing in autumn various complex fertilizers (only nitrogen is not included). The pit for planting the Peony of the Maxim Festival is prepared in advance. Initially, the following layers are laid:
- small pebbles:
- expanded clay
- coarse sand.
Liberated the top layer of the earth is mixed with peat and humus.
One glass of wood or superphosphate ash is added and placed on the bottom of the fossa. By the way, the best variation will be the harvesting of a pit in six months, that is, in advance. If it didn’t work out that way, then the soil when planting a pion should be carefully tamped. Between bushes the distance should be at least one meter.
It is worth feeding on sandy soils every year, but rarely on rich ones.
Caring for a plant peony festiva maxima
Perform watering peonies should be immediately after landing, that is, during the first 3 to 5 weeks (several times every seven days). You can grind peat or grass (mowed). In the future, it is watered as needed. An adult bush needs only 25 liters of water. Soil in pristvolnom circle need loosen (after watering work).
It is extremely important that the soil be perfectly hydrated before blooming at the end of May or in the month of August (during the laying of flower buds). Circle pristvolny should be rigorous in the cultivation of pions. It does not need to plant other plants, and besides it is necessary to clear weeds and continuously loosen.
The area of pristvolnogo coverage, if desired, can be fenced off from the lawn trimming tape (but in no case can you use concrete products or iron sheets for these purposes). In addition, allow the peony to bloom immediately after planting. If the flower buds still begin to form, they are surely disrupted. For the winter, the peony is covered with peat, but a certain time will pass, and they will not need it.
From the third year the peony begins to bloom. In particular, the bush grows only in a few years. Therefore, it is very important to equip with a support, since the stems will not be able to hold exactly, and will begin to fall under the weight of the flowers. It is worth noting the fact that it is placed a week before the peonies bloom, in order not to damage the flowers over time. Use of peony festiva maxima in the garden:
- look great in single landings
- in the middle of the lawn - in groups
- in mixed landings,
- irreplaceable in bouquet compositions, as they give a special charm to their own grandeur.
Maxim's Festival: description and photo of the variety
From the photo and description, you can see that the Maxim Festival is an almost meter-long peony with rose-like terry flowers. The color of the bud in its mass is white, and the edges of the central petals are framed by careless, but quite relevant strokes of red.
The inflorescence itself is also very large, reaching a diameter of 20 cm. On one bush, many flowers grow that delight the eye for 14-17 days. Flowers have a strong and pleasant smell.
Due to the presence of dark green large leaves, peony retains its decorative properties even after flowering. After all, the green crown of the plant continues to decorate the bush until frost.
Care of the Maxim Festival in the first year
After planting, peonies should be watered regularly. The first couple of years, given that the plant was planted in fertile soil, peonies can not be fertilized. But weeds should be taken care of, since they can take away all the nutrients from a young plant.
Important. For the first two years, it is recommended to tear off the flower buds on the peony so that it cannot bloom, and all attention is paid to strengthening the root system.
The soil after each watering is loosened. The first year, you can slightly cover the peony for the winter.
Lure and fertilizer
Fertilizer plants in the first years of life is not required. In the future, peonies can be fed for lush flowering complex fertilizers, which can be purchased at any store for florists. It is important to know that plentiful flowering takes away most of the nutrients from pions, so the plant will need to be prepared for this period.
Grown up peonies are fed up so that they bloom more magnificently.
Transplantation and reproduction
Peonies multiply by tubers. You can buy them in the store, or dig from an existing bush. The main thing is to know that the peonies are better to replant and multiply in the autumn.
A distinctive feature of this variety is that its root should not sink deep into the ground. Digging at 5 cm is allowed, but it is best to have the upper bud on the tuber at ground level.
If you decide to replant the peony in the spring, the prepared planting material should be sprinkled with earth, and transplanted to a permanent place in the fall.
Place for planting new tubers need to prepare in advance.
For this you need:
- Lay a layer of drainage - expanded clay, sand, gravel.
- The top layer of the earth removed from this site to mix with peat or humus.
- Add ash to the bottom of the pit.
- Tamp the soil so that it does not have the opportunity to settle after planting the seedling.
You can multiply the peonies of the Maxim Festival by dividing the tubers.
Peonies of the Maxim Festival in landscape design
Maxim Festival can decorate any flower garden. Now it is very fashionable to plant this variety around the perimeter of fences. Although it is not very good in terms of growing, but it looks quite elegant.
The Festival can also occupy a central place among other garden plantings, the main thing is that the rest of the flowers should not be too close to it, because the peony reacts to them the same way as weeds.
Diseases and growing problems
Almost all varieties of peonies are considered unpretentious. The Maxim Festival is one of them, but also like everyone else, it can suffer from the invasion of various pests. Sometimes peonies attack ants, which lead an active life right in the buds, thereby harming the plant. Conventional insect control products will help get rid of such troubles.
But the problem with the decay of flowers is not always possible to solve. A frequent cause of this situation is an excess of moisture. At the first symptoms of decay, you need to thoroughly gnaw the soil and fill the dry ground.
What to do after flowering
In late summer, fertilizer, humus and minerals should be applied under the peony bush. Peony leaves are cut, but do not use them for covering.
After flowering, the Maxim Festival peonies are pruned.
Reviews of the Maxim Festival
Martha, Obninsk. I plant these peonies for a long time. And, despite the fact that they need a bright light, mine grow in a slight shade. This factor, as well as the fact that they are not demanding at all in terms of care, has become fundamental in my decision to plant the entire plantation of the Festival.
Kristina, Podolsk. When I planted these peonies, I was ready for the fact that they would have to be constantly protected. But this variety was surprisingly independent. Therefore, its magnificent appearance and unpretentiousness in cultivation make this variety the most popular among gardeners with a limited amount of time.
On this video you can see the peony of the Maxim Festival and hear the feedback from the grower about him.
Landing scheme: 50x50
Bloom: Once abundant
Flower size: up to 20 cm and above
Plant height: up to 1 m
Attitude to light: light / partial shade
Winter hardiness: high
Peony Festival Maxima - refers to the grassy class with dense, semi-double flowers, incredibly beautiful buds with a diameter of 20 cm, pristine-white in the center at the tips of the red label petals, gentle aroma pleasant. The flower is composed of correctly arranged concave petals, like scales. Peony flower stalks are very stable and do not require support 90-100 cm tall, so that the bush retains its shape and does not collapse under the weight of large flowers. Openwork lush dissected foliage persists until late autumn, becoming from a dark green crimson. Peonies Festiva Maxima grow well on any soil, especially on nutrient-rich. They almost do not require maintenance, while it is very hardy. Peonies planted in well-fertilized soil, you can not fertilize in the first year and several years. After transplanting varietal qualities appear for 2-3 years! The most common method of reproduction of pions is the division of rhizomes, which should be done in August or early September. In the fall, with the onset of sustained frosts, around the middle of October, the stalks of peonies are cut off, leaving hemp stones 1–2 cm high above the buds. For the winter, peonies are covered with a layer of peat or immature compost. Covering adult plants is not necessary. When the soil thaws in the spring, the insulating cover is removed, as the kidneys quickly start to grow. For sending the pion of the Maxim Festival, a standard delenka with 2-3 buds in the amount of 1 pc is used. The rest is carried out by Russian post office, transport companies PEC, CDEC or one that is convenient for you.
Type of packaging: a bag with peat, a label indicating the grade, a standard case with 2-3 buds.
Shipping Terms: Sending orders with saplings of peonies is carried out in the autumn, from September 1, and spring, from March 1, seasons (shipping restrictions in accordance with the climatic zone of the customer).