Among room green friends, a special place is given to the dragon of Sander. The most unpretentious variety dratzen called bamboo of happiness. If desired, the trunk can be grown without foliage, reminiscent of bamboo. Only on the top part will be covered with a crest of leaves. Dracaena Sanderiana develops in the ground and in hydroponics, from several trunks in one pot are created fancy compositions. Purchase and propagate Sander easy. Caring for her is easy.
Bamboo or dracaena sander in composition
Teaching Feng Shui, according to which everything in the world is connected and in harmony, gives plants a special place in the house. Rituals associated with the cult of bamboo, gradually spread throughout the world. But to grow natural bamboo at home is difficult. Bamboo happiness everywhere, including China, is considered to be a plant dradersen Sander depicted in the photo.
A pleasant guest with a wish for well-being in China is presented with three bamboo shoots. Financial success will bring five stems. Seven shoots will protect health and longevity. For complete family well-being, the talisman will be the presence of 21 stalks. If the compositions are decorated with satin ribbons, put in transparent vases, all the good fairies will fly to this house.
The difference between Sanderiana and bamboo is that its stem is not bare:
- In each constriction may form offsets.
- The stem can be cut into cuttings and get a few new plants.
- Top with leaves easily rooted in water. In the place of the cut grow new shoots.
Bamboo grows into one stem of a very high smooth stem.
Therefore, speaking of bamboo happiness, mean the dragon of Sander. You can grow leafy ornamental plant with variegated foliage around the stem. Attracts an unusual composition, when bizarrely curved trunks of different heights create an ornament.
You can grow Sanderian in water, hydrogel or in a normal substrate. At home, the plant reaches a meter height, grows slowly.
Dracaena Sander care at home - photo
The bamboo of happiness grows well in water, provided the stems are submerged by 1-2 cm. But the water must be distilled with the addition of special fertilizers for bamboo. You can use melt water after freezing the bottle in the refrigerator for 2 days. Any water is changed regularly in two weeks, or earlier, if it turns sour.
The plant develops beautifully in the substrate, from sand, leaf and sod land. It needs to be a little heavier by adding garden soil. The flower is watered after drying the top layer of the earth.
The plant of dracaena sander does not need to spray the leaves, dry air does not interfere with it. Dust from the leaves must be removed, opening the pores for breathing.
A lover of warm content at a temperature of 18-30 degrees, diffused sunlight, Sanderiana can settle in the bathroom. From poor lighting, her leaves will turn pale, but will develop normally.
Permanent removal of young unnecessary shoots from the main trunk is one of the main techniques in the care of the dragon tree of Sander.. If the bamboo of happiness is grown, it should correspond to the name. However, there are leafy forms of the plant. They need other care. Spiral stems are obtained if during the development of a young plant it is placed in a special case.
With good care at home, draperin sander leafy looks amazing, which can be clearly seen in the photo.
How to propagate draperin sander
Bamboo breeds happiness only vegetative way. Big problems in obtaining new plants does not happen. Correctly pick up the substrate for planting easy. It consists of turf, leaf soil and sand in a ratio of 1: 2: 1. Soil acidity should be at the level of 5-6 units. At home, dracaena sander breeds:
- by dividing the stem,
- rooting the shoot in a horizontal position
- cuttings and upper shoots.
The division of the stem into parts occurs only with a sharp knife, as even as possible. The rods are installed in a container with softened water. The upper sections are covered with wax, but not hot, so as not to burn living tissue. In this state, the roots will first have roots, and then the kidneys will wake up in the upper part, not far from the cut. Now the plant can be transplanted to a permanent place.
If it is a vessel with water, the requirements for feeding and changing the liquid with washing the vessel and pebbles are met. If dracaena sander lands in the ground, you should choose a suitable pot and follow the rules of maintenance.
An interesting way is rooting in a horizontal position. At the same time, half of the cut is covered with wax on both sides. The roots of the rod will be given in a flat plate so that the bottom is in the water. Then the rooted stem with sprouted buds is transplanted into the ground, getting a plant with a common root and several trunks.
Propagating Dtrazen Sander cuttings and shoots easily. Cut off the top of the shoot or lateral cuttings. They can take root in water or in the ground. The main thing, after the operation, you need to cover up with wax open sections on the uterine plant. Under a polyethylene film cap or can, the plant will produce new shoots in 4-6 weeks.
Make a bamboo house of happiness, it will attract good luck and well-being to the family.
Sanderiana can long exist in the water in any room. These conditions are not perfect, but the plant fully adapts to them. With this method it is necessary to frequently change the water, at least 4 times a month. Water should not contain fluorine and chlorine.
Need to maintain a certain water level: you can not overdry roots, and do not immerse the dracaena deeply. Let the roots always be covered with water, this is about 5 - 7 cm. Once a month, top dressing is desirable, use fertilizers for hydrophytes or ordinary ones, but strongly diluted in water.
but it is better to grow dracenum in the soil. Cuttings with roots are planted in a small container filled with light soil with a slightly acid or neutral reaction. At the bottom of the pot should be drainage.
In this video, you will find more information on the cultivation of the Sander Dracaena.
Dracaena "Bamboo Spiral" - one of the most unpretentious indoor plants.
Optimal for any dracaena natural lighting without direct sunlight for several hours a day, although it will survive without the sun, for example, in the bathroom or in the basement with a certain amount of artificial lighting. With a lack of light, the variegated forms turn pale and lose their variation - they become monotonously green.
Watered so so that the substrate is always a little wet, it is possible that only the top layer of soil dries out, but stagnation of water is also unacceptable. Very beneficial effect on plant spraying and even a shower. In winter, especially at low temperatures, watering is significantly reduced.
Temperature conditions are also varied: in the summer dracaena maintains +35 degrees, in winter +5.
About the care of this type of dragon in more detail in the next video clip.
The least laborious way for dracaena sander - reproduction stem cuttings 7 to 10 cm long. The stem in the upper part of the plant is cut into cuttings. The lower part of the roots will continue to grow and will give side shoots. It is recommended to dip the upper cut of the cuttings into melted wax or paraffin to prevent drying. Cuttings bark well in water.
If for some reason the height of the uterine plant needs to be maintained, you can root lateral processes, taken from the barrel, but they have a higher percentage of lunge.
Sometimes from the roots is formed undergrowth. You can carefully separate the young plants during transplantation and land in separate containers.
Spiral stems, which draderna Sander and presented in flower shops, it the result of purposeful cultivation on farms. Conditions are created when the light enters the beam from one side, the shoots are pulled towards it, and the plant is rotated from time to time.
One turn forms a spiral in about a year. This is not so difficult as laborious work that cannot be forgotten or put off until later.
Sometimes young stems neatly twist and twist the wire and in the process of growing achieve the desired shape. Experiment lovers can try to grow their spiral.
Appearance and varieties
Dracaena sander is an upright stalk with sitting on it oblong green leathery leaves up to 20 cm long and up to 3 cm wide. In nature, it reaches a considerable size, and in enclosed spaces it rarely grows above one and a half meters.
May bloom white-pink flowers in capitate inflorescences, but at home there are no blooms. Owners of winter gardens and greenhouses have a chance to see it.
Quite common variegated forms with white and yellow stripes on the leaves, as well as yellow leaves of different sizes.
Dracaena Sander: photo "bamboo of happiness."
Dracaena Sanderiana: photo of a plant with spiral stems.
Bamboo dracaena: photo of a plant planted in a pot.
Pests and diseases
Dracaeni rarely get sick. If you do not follow the recommendations for the care of a plant, a mealybug can attack. It should be removed and rubbed the leaf bilges with a weak alcohol solution.
When watering chlorinated water leaves are covered with brown spots. If in conditions of cool content it is excessive to water dracaena, then very soon it will be necessary to root the preserved tops - the roots will die, and the plant will die.
Signs relating to plants, spread among gardeners very quickly. Everything related to the dragon tree of Sander, a newcomer from China, is fairly well respected.
According to Eastern traditions favorably, when dracaena Sander stands at the entrance - then the guests feel the disposition of the owners to them.
You can also to give "Happy bamboo" for a holiday or celebration. The number of stems in the bowl also makes sense: 3 - happiness, 5 - wealth, 7 - health, 21 - success in everything!
Florists of all countries have long used the shoots of drader sander to design works, giving them sophistication.
What conditions need to be created for the active development of Sander
Before you start dracaena, you should take care of the favorable conditions in which it will live and provide it with proper care. Although this flower is distinguished by unpretentiousness, there are still some nuances for growing it at home.
A dracaena bamboo plant is photophilous, but at the same time it does not tolerate direct sunlight falling on it, which can lead to its death. In order to create optimally comfortable conditions, it is necessary to choose a place where sunlight will be diffused. But it is not excluded cases when the plant can perfectly feel in a darkened wet room. But then dracaena leaves will not differ in special brightness and saturation.
Humidity and air temperature
Bamboo tree tolerates dry air and does not need constant spraying of the leaves. For Sander, fresh air and dusting leaves are more important.
Comfortable temperature for bamboo is from twenty to thirty five degrees. If the room is dark, then the humidity should be high. In this case, the plant can be moved to the bathroom.
How to grow a spiral bamboo in water
In order to plant the Sandera dracaena, it is necessary to simply place the flower shoot in the water tank in the water. The liquid should cover the roots of the plant a couple of centimeters. Growing water must be purified at room temperature. It will need to be updated once every one and a half to two weeks.
Water can be replaced with a hydrogel, the plant also develops well in it. For planting it is better to buy a transparent pot, which will give the composition spectacularity. Gel should be filled with water and left for three and a half - four hours to swell. Prepare the plant for planting by removing parts that have rotted. Put the flower in the pot and fill the empty space with hydrogel. The advantage of the gel is that its properties are maintained for five years. After this period, it will need to be replaced with a new one.
Due to the fact that the flower takes root so well in the water, sometimes the question arises as to whether it can be planted in an aquarium. This is only possible if the stem of the plant is not very deeply immersed in water.
Also, the plant is grown in fountainlets. To do this, you need to fix the roots of the plant with pebbles, and change the water once every seven days and regularly add the necessary nutrients to the plant.
Growing Sanderians in the soil
Should be used for landing special blend for dratsen and palm trees. Dracaena will develop well in the ground, where the earth and sand will be mixed in equal parts.
Bamboo needs good drainage layer. Therefore, at the bottom of the pot should be poured small stones or expanded clay. If dracaena is grown in the soil, then it should not be watered abundantly, as this can lead to rotting of the roots of the flower.
What features care for the flower of happiness
In order to grow and develop well, dracaena sander must receive certain care at home.
For this flower water is extremely important. On hot summer days, the plant should be plentiful and often watered, but in winter, on the contrary, watering should be moderate.
Also need to constantly monitor the formation of the plant.
Bamboo room very rapidly developing. If it grows in suitable conditions for it, then the shoots lengthen quickly, and leaves are formed on the trunk and the top of the head, which makes the plant ugly and unlike ordinary bamboo.
To Sanderiana had a presentable appearance, should be constantly cut side shoots and leaves. In addition, if the shoots will be very much, then gradually this will lead to yellowing and wilting of the leaves.
To avoid this, it is necessary to do formative cutting:
- side shoots are removed by pruning shears, leaving no hemp,
- systematically cut the leaves,
- cut points are treated with activated charcoal, melted paraffin or smeared with garden pitch to prevent infection in the trunk,
- The trunk, which is strongly stretched out, can also be cut off. He will continue to grow, and the shoots will reappear from the “sleeping buds”.
From the shoots of the young dracaena, you can create a variety of compositions, since its shoots are still flexible and well formed.
It is necessary to feed dracaena starting from spring and ending in autumn. Those plants that are grown in the soil, need more nutrients than those that grow in water. If the plant lacks mineral fertilizers, then gradually the leaves begin to turn yellow and fall off.
How to transplant dracaena? And what nuances should be taken into account
- drainage is put on the bottom of the pot, the layer of which should be ⅔ of the pot,
- the flower is removed from the old container, the roots are washed, if there are damaged, dry or rotten parts, they should be cut off,
- the plant is set on a drainage layer and a little sprinkled on the roots with stones. Then primer is poured into the pot, which is compacted and watered.
- the plant is placed in partial shade, and after seven days is moved to a window with diffused light
How bamboo breeds happiness
Sander rosace can be propagated by lateral and apical cuttings or by dividing the stem.
How is the cutting
- should choose healthy shoots, which are about ten to fifteen centimeters. It is easy to determine: the shoot must be firm and have a bright green color. Soft and yellowed shoots can not be used,
- remove excess leaves from the stem, leaving 2-3 on the crown,
- cut off the upper part, the length of the handle should be no more than five to six centimeters,
- immerse the cutting in a container of filtered water
- two or three months later, roots will begin to appear on the cuttings, after which the plant can be planted in the soil or continued cultivation in water.
Growing dracaena by dividing the stem
After apical and lateral cuttings are cut from the shoot, it can be used for propagation. Stem actively rooted and gives rapid growth. For this you need:
- cut a stalk into pieces with a length of five centimeters with two sleeping buds with a clean, sharp knife
- process the upper section with molten paraffin,
- after the wax has become hard, the pieces are dipped in water,
- after the roots appear on the stalks, they should not be planted immediately. It is necessary to wait some time until the root system grows well, and new shoots are formed on the stem.
"Bamboo" appearance of super-durable "palm"
Under the name of bamboo happiness is charming and not such a rare type of dracaena - Dracaena sanderor sanderiana (Dracaena sanderiana) has spread around the world. But this sweet nickname caused a lot of confusion: even in flower shops, experienced consultants most often believe that this culture is indoor bamboo. But be that as it may, the plant is different from the legendary bamboo, and from the familiar dracaena, both in appearance and in its cultivation technology.It is so widespread that it has long erased the usual boundaries and is a kind of cultural phenomenon. Such popular lucky bamboo is largely due to Feng Shui, with particular trepidation relating to its ability to attract good luck and bring happiness. Today, the Thrace of the Thunder is sold not only as a houseplant, but also along with ordinary fresh flowers, as a souvenir and in gift shops.
Currently, in terms of botanical classification, the species Dracaena Sander (Dracaena Sanderiana) is synonymous with the species Dracaena Brown (Dracaena braunii). Both names may be used in the literature.
Dracaena Sander is an unpretentious evergreen perennial, which both shoots and foliage are equally attractive. The external similarity with the bamboo and the truth can be misleading. On sale, lucky bamboo is most often represented by small “columns” with stems with a tuft of leaves at the top, specially formed by a “spiral” or with numerous side branches. Each "stem" "bamboo of happiness" at the bottom ends with powerful tufts of roots. In the shops of indoor plants from small dracaenes form the whole figures, planted them densely next to or around, creating a kind of "palisade." The height of the dracaena Sander can reach 1 meter, and its leaves grow to 20-25 cm in length. The shape of the stem and leaves is very similar to real bamboo. Leaves dense, glossy, oblong-lanceolate, up to 3 cm wide. In addition to the basic form with a uniform light, light green color, there are also varieties with original light, yellow or dark borders and stripes on the leaves. In room culture dracaena Sander does not bloom.
Care for Sander dragonsea at home
Endurance is justly considered to be the trump card of happy bamboo. This unique plant is the only one of dratsen, as well as indoor crops in general, that can grow simply in water. It is outside the soil that bamboo of happiness is most often sold from us, although it is possible to grow Sander dracaena according to the standard, customary agricultural technology in the substrate.
Dracaena Sander, or "lucky bamboo", or "bamboo of happiness." © swan-ee
The strategy of growing Sander dracaena:
- in water or hydroponics with decorative stones instead of soil,
- in the ground as an ordinary houseplant.
On a note. Spirals on the shoots can be formed artificially, but only on an industrial scale: at home it is almost useless to try to achieve the curvature of the stems with the help of wire or single-sided lighting.
Lighting for bamboo happiness
Dracaena Sander, like all draceni, prefers bright locations with multiple drainage. And the most attractive foliage of a plant looks exactly in good light. But the unique features of this plant can be easily attributed to the excellent adaptability. Lucky bamboo will not only survive, but it will look good even in rooms where there are no sources of natural light at all, and artificial lighting is switched on only periodically. Variegated varieties Dracaena Sander will lose their characteristic color, the leaves and stems in the shade will become lighter and stretch out, but such conditions will not cause any other changes. That is why happiness bamboo is recommended to be used for interior design: there is no need to exhibit it on window-sills, you can safely enter it into the decor of the rooms and use it as an original decorative accent. From direct sunlight, happy bamboo is better to take care of.
Problems with the selection of comfortable temperatures for dradery Sander will not arise. This plant is thermophilic, does not like lowering even to 17-18 degrees and feels good all year round in the usual room temperature range. Happy bamboo grows well in temperatures ranging from 20 to 35 degrees Celsius.
What bamboo happiness does not give up, so it is from the fresh air. The plant loves frequent airing, tolerates drafts well. It’s not worth making it under the open sky or on the balconies, but it’s better to take care of the access of clean air to the rooms with the dragon sunder.
Watering and humidity for dracaena sander
Dracaena Sander is much less moisture-loving than her brothers in the family. This dracaena is not afraid of moisture stagnation and easily endures life in the "water" mode. If the plant is grown in a substrate, then watering is carried out as the soil dries, maintaining medium-high humidity and preventing the soil from drying out deeper than 2-3 cm. Full drying of the earthy coma for a happy bamboo should not be allowed in any case. When grown in water, it is critical to maintain its level stable. Whatever the capacity of the bamboo of happiness, the water should not exceed 2-3 cm above the plant's upper roots (the total water level is 6-8 cm). Too high a water level can lead to rotting of the shoots. It is necessary to add water with a frequency of 1 time per week, more frequent procedures are not needed.
Critical importance in the cultivation of sander sander has water quality. This plant can be watered or kept in distilled or filtered soft water. Its temperature should correspond to the air temperature in the room where the bamboo is located.
Dracaena Sander perfectly makes even the driest air and does not impose any requirements on its humidity. A happy bamboo does not need spraying, installing humidifiers, and if it grows in water, it will favorably influence the conditions for all neighboring plants, playing the role of a kind of living “humidifier” of air.
Care should be taken and the purity of the leaves of the plant. Dracaena Sander will not refuse to regularly wipe the leaves with a damp cloth or sponge, which will help get rid of dust and maintain external "gloss".
Dracaena Sander. © murlidar
Top dressing for "bamboo of happiness"
The feeding strategy for growing in water should be completely different. Sometimes florists generally do not recommend feeding such bamboo, but if you do not use fertilizers at least periodically, due to a lack of minerals, the leaves will gradually turn yellow, and the whole plant will lose its decorativeness and slowly but surely wither (even if the process stretches for almost years) . In order to maintain the attractiveness of Sander dracaena, it is enough to periodically add fertilizer mixture for dracaena to the water (complex fertilizers can be used, but it is better to purchase special preparations).
For bamboo-draceni growing in the soil, it is also better to use special fertilizer blends.
In both cases, the sander dracaena prefers the same frequency of fertilizing: 1 procedure in 3-4 weeks will be enough, but for plants in water, the standard dose can be slightly reduced. Fertilizer for bamboo happiness is brought from spring to mid-autumn.
Trimming Sander Dracaena
And in the water and in the soil dracaena Sander does not stop growing. If the stems are too stretched, the plant starts to lose to young specimens or it doesn’t fit into the aesthetic design of the rooms, then the bamboo can be “shortened”: cut the top of it and root it in water and then replace the old “sticks” with a new plant.
Transplanting, changing water and substrates
Transplantation of happy bamboo, regardless of its cultivation strategy, is carried out annually. For a plant growing in water, a “transplant” is carried out when signs of deposits appear. The container in which bamboo grows should not be changed, but simply gently remove the plant in clean water and dishes, carefully clean out its permanent "vase" and then put the bamboo back. Decorative pebbles, in which happy bamboo grows, also need washing and periodic cleaning (the hydrogel is changed at a frequency recommended by the manufacturer). For pseudo-bamboo growing in the soil, transplantation is best done in early spring.
When planting in water, the plants in principle do not need any substitute for the substrate, but to fix thin shoots, resistance, it is better to place the Sander dragon flower not just in a container with water, but in special decorative substrates - glass pebbles, pebbles, other types of decorative soil. Please note that it is better to choose individual pebbles or fragments with rounded edges, without sharp cuts and sides. Perfect for happy bamboo and colored coarse sand, granulate, and a special hydrogel for hydroponics.
Containers for happy bamboo grown outside the soil are also chosen in a special way. For dracaena sander usually use transparent vases, glasses, decanters, flasks or original vases and vessels that fit well with the interior.
When grown in a substrate for the sander dracaena, it is most important to lay a thick, powerful layer of drainage. It must completely cover the height of the roots of the pseudo-bamboo, be from 1/4 to 1/3 of the volume of the container. As a drainage layer, you can use rounded stones, pebbles, coarse sand, in transparent containers - decorative stones. The upper part of the substrate can be replaced with sand, a mixture of peat and substrate, or you can use an ordinary ground mixture for draceni from the number of ready-made compositions.
Diseases and pests dracaena Sander
Lucky bamboo in room culture is usually not sick. Only in a severely neglected state, when water is polluted and deviates from the usual care strategy, in the neighborhood of affected crops, mealybugs and red spider mites can annoy him. You can fight pests with insecticides, but it is easier to replace the culture with new plants.
Common problems in growing sander dracaena:
- drying of the tips of the leavesthe appearance of a brown dry edge over the entire leaf plate with an insufficient level of humidity, low air temperature,
- yellowing of the lower leaves - a natural process (if they turn yellow slowly) or in the absence of dressings,
- leaf rolling in a cold room,
- dry spots on the leaves in direct sunlight.
The origin and botanical description of the plant
Dracaena Sander is from Equatorial Africa and grows in the open spaces of Cameroon. In the botanical classification it belongs to the order of the Asparagus.
Indoor bamboo is a grassy crop. Its stalk is fleshy, green, changing shade during growth. In height, it reaches one meter. The stalk is marked by the presence of constrictions, which are dormant buds. The length of the sheets varies in the range of 15-25 centimeters. They are painted in green with a gray tint.
There are certain signs and superstitions associated with this culture. She is called "lucky" - "bamboo of happiness." This is due to the fact that according to Feng Shui, it is believed that it brings wealth, luck and happiness, so there should be in every home.
The plant is in fact not bamboo. This dracaena, but a very unusual species. Caring for her needs a minimum. To create an unusual composition, you should follow a few simple rules.
Location and lighting
Growing bamboo at home should be done on a windowsill located on the east or west side. By Feng Shui, the southeast is considered the optimal location for the flower.
Sander reacts negatively to direct sunlight. For her better diffused lighting. Therefore, the window is recommended curtain light-transmitting fabric. Its shortage can lead to loss of leaf part and suspension of development.
There are no special requirements for the level of moisture in a flower. Bamboo is recommended to systematically wipe, cleaning the leaves from dust. Such water procedures should be performed systematically. They will positively affect the growth and development of the plant. Due to this, its decorative qualities will significantly improve.
Planting bamboo at home is recommended in a loose soil that has the ability to pass oxygen and air. In the process of preparing the substrate, peat and sand are mixed in equal proportions, after which half the smaller amount of sod soil is added.
Dracena is also planted in the ready mix, which can be purchased in specialized stores. The main thing is to choose a soil with an acidity in the range of 5.5-6.5 pH.
The need for watering
A potted flower needs regular watering. Drying of the soil is unacceptable. The soil should always be wet. Moisturize bamboo in the autumn-winter period should be less. Stagnation of water in the substrate should not occur. At the same time, mold begins to form, which can lead to the death of the plant.
To leave the leaves green and glossy, and Sander actively developed, it must be systematically fed. Fertilizers are used for this purpose, which are intended for dracaena Victory. They are made at intervals of 2-3 months, together with irrigation water. The flower does not need more frequent top dressings.
How to transplant bamboo
To arrange and place in the new container the dracenum should be as follows:
- At the bottom of the container lay drainage. This layer should fill 2/3 of the pot.
- The plant is removed from the old pot.
- The root system is flushed. Removed damaged, rotten and dry parts.
- Dracaena is installed in the drainage layer, and the roots are sprinkled with a small amount of small stones.
- Substrate is laid out on top, compacted and watered.
- Capacity with a transplanted flower is placed in partial shade. After a week it can be returned to its usual place.
The subtleties of growing in water or hydrogel
Often, on the shelves of shops you can see bamboo in flasks filled with water. It is not necessary immediately after the purchase to begin transplanting into the ground. Dracaena is able to fully develop in a wet environment over the years.
Growing a culture in a vase of water, you need to use a filtered or distilled liquid. In this case, the landing is carried out as follows:
- Extract the shoot, view the roots and, if they are rotten, immediately remove them. If they are underdeveloped, then small cuts are made at the bottom. Due to this, new roots will begin to appear.
- Place small stones on the bottom of the pot. It is desirable that they have a rounded shape.
- Set the stem in the desired position and fix with stones.
- Fill the tank with water so that the shoot is submerged a couple of centimeters deeper than the growth of the roots. So it will be possible to avoid rotting.
Care for bamboo in the future is easy. It is only necessary to take care of the presence of fertilizer in the water and regularly replace the fluid (every seven days).
Not less simple method of "carrying" - in hydrogel. Landing is recommended in a transparent container. Thanks to this, the composition will become even more sophisticated. The transplant is performed as follows:
- Hydrogel pour water and leave for four hours to swell.
- Prepare one or more stems by removing parts that are rotten.
- Place the planting material in the pot, and fill the voids with balls that are swollen.
The advantage of hydrogel is that it retains its properties for up to five years. After this time period, it will need to be replaced with a new one.
Special attention deserves the further care of bamboo varnishes. Spiral and other bizarre forms he will be able to give by forming:
- With the help of pruners removed side shoots. In this case, you need to make sure that no hemp remains.
- Leaves are regularly cut.
- The trimmed areas are treated with activated carbon, garden pitch or molten paraffin.
- If long, straight trunks are noted, it is also recommended to trim bamboo. At the same time from the sleeping buds begin to form new shoots.
Amazing bamboo compositions are created from dracaena. She has very flexible shoots that can be formed.
How to propagate bamboo at home
Dracaena Sander propagates by cuttings and stem division. When choosing the first option, you must perform the following steps:
- Choose healthy bright green solid shoots.
- Clear the stem from the leaves, leaving only 2-3 on top.
- Cut off the top. The length of planting material should be within 5-6 centimeters.
- Place the cutting in a container filled with filtered water.
- After a couple of months, transplant into the soil or leave to grow further in water.
When dividing the stem, the work is done as follows:
- From the stem cut off the side and top shoots.
- Using a knife, divide the shoot into lengths of about five centimeters. It is imperative that they have a pair of sleeping buds.
- Use melted paraffin to process the upper cut.
- After the paraffin has set, place the planting material in the water.
- When the roots appear on the stalks, they are immediately planted.
Sander bamboo is a very unpretentious crop, but it can cause certain problems when it is grown. Dracaena is susceptible to pest attacks and reacts sharply to adverse conditions.
- If a spiral or smooth flower has a yellowed stem, this indicates an excess of fertilizer.
- Changing the color of the foliage indicates excessive exposure to sunlight. For bamboo, you should find a place in the shade.
- The reason for white bloom is a mealybug. Он способен активно размножаться на этой культуре. Избавиться от вредителя помогут инсектициды.
- Коричневые пятна появляются при выращивании в помещении с чрезмерно сухим воздухом.
Также стоит помнить о том, что драцена боится сквозняков. При их наличии отмечается существенное ухудшение состояние декоративного цветка.
Indoor bamboo is an unusual plant that allows you to create unusual compositions at home. Care of him does not cause difficulties even for beginners in the field of floriculture. The main thing is to follow simple recommendations from day one.
Description and features
Stem not leafy, smooth, with characteristic "bamboo" banners. The apartment grows meter height. Differs in small, short leaves - no more than 25 cm. The leaves are lanceolate-elongated with a glossy surface. To the touch dense, rigid.
The basic form of Sander dracaena is colored evenly in a light green color. There are hybrid varieties with more interesting colors, with a dark or yellowish border on the edge of the sheet, stripes.
In the shops you can see dragonflies with twisted trunks. This is not a natural feature of the plant - such an effect is artificially achieved. Commercially practiced growing plants in special spiral-bent tubules. After removal of the tube, the barrel remains spiral.
This is the most common type of indoor dratsen, in which the following varieties are distinguished:
- Golden Lotus - leaves are striped, green-yellow, with a predominance of yellow color,
- Whiskers - in the middle of each sheet plate passes a bright strip,
- Boringuensis - green leaves bordered with a dark green stripe,
- Moon Shine - on the green leaves are visible white and silver stripes,
- Lucky Gold - on the edge of the light green leaves there is a yellow border, in the middle of the sheet there may be touches of yellow color,
- White - white leaves with a broad light green stripe in the middle,
- Celes is a green variety that is most often sold under the name "lucky bamboo".
The leaves of the Sander dracaena are usually slightly curved or twisted. Under room conditions, it rarely blooms.
Nuances of growing happy bamboo
From Sander dracaena, interesting compositions are grown with spiraling green trunks curved, at the end of which straight vertical shoots grow. Sometimes dragon trunks are intertwined in intricate nets, like ficus trunks. Such a variety of forms is possible due to the plasticity of the plant, its unpretentiousness and rapid growth.
On sale you can find compositions of several dragon trees planted next to each other, cropped at different heights, which resemble pyramids. It is better to immediately replant such plants in separate flower pots; they will prevent each other from growing.
Caring for Sander dragonsea at home
For a year, indoor bamboo can grow by 10 cm with good care. You can give an unusual shape to fast-growing young shoots.
Dracaena Sander is very moisture-loving and unpretentious, there is an experience of growing it in water without soil.
But such a long existence of a flower is not very useful. The rest of the care of happy bamboo is not very different from the cultivation of other types of dracaena.
Requirements for soil and pot
The volume of the new pot should be several centimeters more than the previous one. It can be from any material - ceramics, clay, plastic or chamotte. In the pot for dracaena should be drainage holes.
For planting buy special soil for dratsen in a flower shop.
If you use the land from the garden, it must be disinfected by calcining, and add 2 parts of sand to 1 part of the soil. It is in this light ground that the dracaena will feel good.
Temperature, humidity and lighting
Dracaeni are plants of the tropics and subtropics, therefore the optimum temperature for their cultivation is 22–24 ° C. Dracaena loves sprinkling and spraying, afraid of drafts.
Variegated varieties require more sun than ordinary green plants. And dracaena with green leaves will feel better in partial shade.
In summer, the plant must be watered abundantly. As soon as the top layer of soil dries, water the flower with clean water at room temperature. The frequency of irrigation depends on the humidity and air temperature in the apartment. In summer you can water dracaena every other day. All excess water from the pan must be poured. In winter, watering should be moderate.
- It is advisable to water the plant in the morning.
- The temperature of the water should be room temperature or 1-2 degrees higher.
- Dracena loves spraying warm water over the leaves.
- In winter, when the air is dry, spraying can be done daily, making sure that the soil does not get a lot of moisture.
Top dressing and fertilizer
Fertilize dracenum with a frequency of 2 times a month. If it grows in water, add fertilizer directly to the water, and after one or two days replace it with clean.
Use liquid dressings for decorative foliage crops. Dilute them in the dosage indicated on the package so as not to burn the roots of the plant. A new fertilizer is always induced in lower concentration than the manufacturer recommends in order to check the reaction of the plant.
Well perceives dracaena leaf feeding. They alternate with the root, sprinkling the leaves in the early morning or evening to avoid leaf burns. Usually, for leaf dressings, the same preparations are used as for root, but in a weaker concentration.
Transplanting happy bamboo
About a month after buying a dracaena in a store, you need to transplant it. Pot for transplanting need 1 cm more than the previous one.
- Drainage is poured at its bottom, and on top there is some soil for dracenas.
- Then the plant is carefully removed from the old pot, looking to sponges are not attached to its roots (if they are left to begin to rot).
- Put a dragon tree in a new flower pot, fill it with earth. Strongly do not tamp, so that the earth is well missed water.
In winter, as well as in summer, dracaena loves warmth. She needs moist air, so if there is no humidifier in the room, the dracaena is sprayed from the sprayer with warm water in the morning.
Protect the plant from cold drafts. Watering is reduced a little, as in winter the soil dries out longer. You can fertilize 1 time per month or stop feeding at all until March.
Problems that growers may face when growing
Dracaena Sander is not without reason called bamboo of happiness. This plant needs little to successfully grow and delight in its beauty.
But even when growing it, problems may arise:
- The leaves are yellow. This is a sign of insufficient watering or lack of nitrogen in the soil.
- The ends of the leaf plates dry, turn brown. The air in the room is too dry.
- The leaves are curled. Big difference between day and night temperatures.
- Dry spots on the leaves. It burns from direct sunlight.
- Shrinking leaves. The consequence of insufficient watering or damage by pests and diseases.
Attacked by pests are particularly susceptible to weakened plants, which for a long time do not receive supplements.
Pests, diseases and methods of dealing with them.
Dracaena Sander is very hardy. But too dry or cold air in the apartment, pests infested with indoor flowers, standing next door, can lead to diseases.
Leaf and trunk rot are rare. If the pot is too dense and there is poor drainage, the roots can get sick. In this case, an unpleasant smell will emanate from the ground. The plant should be immediately removed from the pot, rinse the roots under warm water and put into water with fertilizer and fungicide. The next day, replace the solution with clean water. If the plant feels normal, you can transplant it after a week or two in fresh soil with good drainage.
With the defeat of dracaena pests (thrips, spider mites, springtails and other insects that can cause harm to the plant), it is treated with safe insecticides. Sprayed, opening the window, "Fitoverm" or other drug, bought in a flower shop.
Dracaena Sander or lucky bamboo will delight its simplicity and vitality. It is easy to care for it, you can form fantastic trees with spiral trunks. Such a home "pet" will be pleasing to the eye and will not cause much trouble.
Where to "settle"
The cultivation of Sander dracaena at home can be organized in several ways.
- In water . Choose not too large in size vase. Soft, clean water is poured into it so that it covers the root system of the dracaena for 2 cm. In more water, the likelihood of the stem decaying appears. Fluid change every week. Top dressings are carried out by adding mineral fertilizers directly to the water.
- In the ground. Builds up a powerful root system. For planting in the soil mix choose not very wide, but rather high pot. It is simpler to buy soil mix in shop, but not to make independently. The best option is a substrate for palm trees. At the bottom of the pot must fill a layer of drainage of small pebbles or expanded clay. At first, after planting, the stem may shrink. You do not need to be afraid of this - after adaptation in a new environment, the stems will once again become smooth.
- In the hydrogel. Dracaena looks very beautiful in transparent containers filled with decorative hydrogel. Hydrogel balls are pre-soaked according to the instructions, filled with a transparent glass vase and set the bamboo stalks into it.
Caring for the Sander Dracaena: What to Consider
In addition to the original appearance, a clear advantage dradery Sander - endurance. She easily transfers numerous trimming, shaping. In the sale of this type of dracaena comes in the water. But many growers prefer to grow it according to standard agricultural techniques in a nutrient soil substrate. How to care for bamboo varnishes?
- Lighting The place chosen is sufficiently lit, but without access to direct sunlight. Can grow with artificial lighting. Hybrid variegated varieties need a higher light, but they also do not like the sun. Sandersen is not usually held on drapes, but it is too light for her there.
- Temperature . The plant is thermophilic, but there is no need to maintain a strict temperature regime. The only requirement is that the temperature should not fall below 17 ° C even in winter. Summer quietly withstands an increase of up to 35 ˚C. On the balcony and the garden is not recommended to make. Draft transports normally - it is desirable to air the room daily.
- Humidity There are no special requirements for the level of humidity. Dracaena Sander easily carries dry air of apartments. Periodic spraying and wiping with a damp soft cloth is recommended as a hygienic procedure to keep the leaves clean.
- Watering The dragon plant growing in the soil is poured as needed - when the upper layer of the substrate dries out sufficiently. More than 3 cm is better not to dry. The dracaena reacts sharply to the drought - it can die. When grown in an aquatic environment monitor the stability of the liquid level. Add water or change it once a week. Special attention is paid to water quality.
- Top dressing. When grown in an aquatic environment, a small amount of fertilizer is poured directly into the liquid. In the soil substrate, minerals are applied with water for irrigation on slightly moistened soil. It is recommended to use special complex preparations for dracenas. You can feed the popular with florist drug "Kemira-Lux". The frequency of application is once a month. For plants in water, the dosage is reduced. Feed only in the period of active growth.
- Transplantation dracaena sander. If the plant is grown in the soil, it is periodically transplanted. Use the method of transshipment, so as not to injure the delicate root system. Transplanted at intervals of 2-3 years.
How to twist the plant into a spiral
The special charm of dradersen Sander gives an interesting shape - twisted into a spiral or twisted stems. Judging by the reviews, it is impossible to spin the dragon flower on its own - fragile stems break. But you can try to use the following methods.
- Fixing on the support. A thick, flat stick, cylinder or other suitable object is placed in the center of the pot. Young shoots are neatly wrapped around a support and fixed with wire. When the stem is fully woody, the support is removed.
- Restriction of access to light. Germinated stalk cover opaque box with one vertical window. Young escape reaches for the light. As the escape grows, the box is turned. As a result, the barrel is twisted, but it can take about a year to form one coil.
- The stem of an adult plant is cut into several pieces.
- The upper sections are covered with soft wax or garden pitch so that a piece of the stem does not lose moisture.
- Prepared cuttings put in a glass of water.
- Seating the indoor bamboo in separate pots can be after the formation of a complete root system - about two months.
Several plants from one stalk
- The stem is cut into longer cuttings.
- Lay them horizontally.
- The top of the cuts at both ends are covered with wax or garden pitch.
- Regularly pour a small amount of water.
- After the roots appear, the stalk can be transplanted into the substrate in the same position. Soon there will be several new shoots.
How to get seeds from seeds
You can get several young specimens of dracaenis at once, indeed, you can sow seeds. The only difficulty is to find seeds in stores is not so easy. The germination process itself is laborious and time consuming. Carry it out in four stages.
- Seeds before sowing soaked. Waiting for swelling and the emergence of small seedlings. To do this, the seeds are wrapped in a damp cloth, kept warm, periodically sprayed with warm water from a spray bottle.
- Soil is prepared from sand, expanded clay and sheet earth. The components are taken in equal proportions. On the surface of the substrate laid out the seeds, sprinkled with a thin layer of sand.
- Capacity covered with foil. Put in a warm, bright place. Periodically, the film is opened slightly for airing the greenhouse, the soil is sprayed from a spray bottle.
- After emergence of shoots the film is removed. With a height of seedlings of about 5 cm, they are planted in separate pots. Leave only strong plants.