An exotic citrus called “pamela” appeared in our country relatively recently, but quickly managed to gain popularity and love. This is a relative of our usual oranges, mandarins and lemons. On the beneficial effects of culture on the human body make up the whole legends. What actually is a citrus, what are the benefits and harm of pamela? Let's figure it out.
Pamelo - a description of where and how the fruit grows
An exotic fruit called “pomelo” or “pamela”, or “sheddog” refers to the citrus family. It is a rounded fruit of a yellow-green color, and of a rather large size: it can weigh 2-3 kg, but a pomelo weighing 10 kg is also found.
The culture is a large tree (it can reach 10 meters in height). The plant blooms with large white flowers, ripens from August to November.
The birthplace of culture is the Pacific Islands and China. Pomelo was brought to Europe by the English explorer Sheddok, in whose honor the name of the fruit was fixed in some countries. In China, the plant is particularly popular, pomelo is presented as a gift for the New Year, culture is a symbol of prosperity and good luck.
Pamela fruit looks like a grapefruit, only large sizes.
There are different varieties of such a culture. Depending on the variety, fruits differ from each other in shape and color. They can be round, flattened, pear-shaped. Inside, citrus is yellow, greenish, white and pink. Pamela fruit tastes like an orange.
Now the plant is cultivated on an industrial scale in many countries and regions.
Chemical composition and caloric content
Low calorie citrus. This explains its popularity in diets for weight loss. 100 g of the product contains only 35 kcal. But in its nutritional properties, culture is very valuable. Only 300-400 g of fragrant and tasty pulp can saturate a person, without any additional dishes.
Citrus contains large amounts of calcium and potassium, sodium and phosphorus, as well as iron. Present in it are valuable vitamins of group B, as well as A and C.
The benefits of pomela for the human body
Such an exotic fruit from the citrus family has a beneficial effect on the human body. Its benefits are really great.
As part of a tasty product there are many vitamins, essential oils and trace elements that have a positive impact on human health:
- A huge amount of vitamin C helps to quickly and effectively cope with any cold.
- The presence of vitamin A and antioxidants help to prevent the division of cancer cells, stop the growth of tumor diseases.
- Trace elements prevent aging of the body.
- Enzymes perfectly break down fats and proteins, which prevents obesity and activates digestion.
The benefits of culture can be found in the video:
Regular use of citrus has a beneficial effect on the heart and blood vessels.
Culture increases physical activity, performance and endurance. Therefore, it is also very popular among athletes.
Fruit increases hemoglobin and is a natural antibiotic.
Particular attention is paid to the issue of the benefits and harms of culture in diabetes. Pomelo lowers blood sugar levels, so it is recommended to use it with diabetes. The potential harm in this case lies only in the possible allergic reaction of the body.
Citrus improves eyesight and lowers blood pressure.
For women and men
Fruit is useful for both women and men. It stops the aging process in the body, effectively cleans the intestines and contributes to the activation of the protective properties of the body.
So there are people who have gotten rid of this disease after a 3-year-old pomelo diet.
Pomelo is actively used in the treatment and prevention of atherosclerosis.
Pamela improves blood circulation, which is an excellent prevention of prostatitis in men.
Women especially appreciate the pomelo for its low calorie content. Pamela is an important element in various diets for weight loss. Pamela diet will help you lose weight and not deplete with the body, but rather saturate it with nutrients.
Use in traditional medicine
For our latitudes, pomelo is still considered an exotic fruit. Therefore, in folk medicine, its use is not yet so popular. But still, some traditional healers recommend using such a fruit for burns, for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, for colds, and for strong coughing.
Even the thick rind of pomelo is used in cooking. Candies and candies are made from it, and also added to soups and side dishes as a natural flavoring.
At home, from the dried peel of a pamela you can brew flavored and healthy tea.
The fruit itself is added to different salads. From the pomelo it also turns out very tasty and healthy freshly squeezed juice.
For cosmetic purposes, they actively use both the flesh of the fruit, its skin, and even the leaves of the plant.
Pamela peel contains a lot of bioflavonoids and vitamin C. In a complex, these useful substances prevent the destruction of the skin of hyaluronic acid. It is this acid that is responsible for the youth and beauty of the skin. Therefore, culture peel is actively used in professional beauty salons and at home. From it make a variety of facials.
In the winter cold it is very useful to wipe the skin with citrus slices. Pomelo juice will help tighten the oval face.
Harm and contraindications
Harm from such a fetus is minimal. Use of the product is contraindicated only in some cases:
- Individual intolerance of citrus, in which an allergic reaction is possible on the skin. Such a reaction is manifested by itching and urticaria.
- Significantly increased acidity of the stomach.
- Nephritis and acute hepatitis.
- An acute form of gastrointestinal diseases: ulcers, pancreatitis, colitis.
- Acceptance of certain drugs. Pamela can either strengthen or weaken the effect of medicines.
How to choose and store pamela
Choosing a product is quite difficult. Just because of the eye hard to determine its ripeness. It is important to pay attention to the peel. The ripe fruit has a slightly rind with a glossy shiny shimmer, no stains, cracks, or damage.
Particular attention should be paid to the aroma of citrus. The stronger the flavor, the more ripe and tastes the fruit.
Store citrus is also not difficult. Pamela is kept fresh for two weeks even without a fridge. Peeled fruit stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
A bit of history
The pomelo fruit has several names: pompelmus, sheddok or more familiar to the Russian ear, but the wrong one is pamela. The plant belongs to the genus of citrus. Homeland exotic fruit are China, Southeast Asia, Malaysia, Tongo Islands and Fiji. In Europe, the fruit came in the XIV century due to the efforts of seafarers, who were actively engaged in intercontinental trade. Today pomelo grows in most regions with a warm climate.
In the historic homeland, the fruits of the sheddok reach 10 kilograms, although, alas, in our supermarkets, there are no such heroes to be found. Unlike other overseas fruits, pomelo perfectly transports transportation, which makes it possible to deliver sunny fruits to the most remote and cold corners of the planet.
Outwardly, the pomelo resembles a large grapefruit - with the same thick rind and juicy slices inside. But in taste, it still differs from its relative by a softer “sound”. However, the taste of the fruit depends on its variety. Spherical dark green fruits have pink, very sweet flesh, and yellowish flattened fruits are acidic with a slight bitterness. Both those and others have their loyal admirers, but they are not inferior to each other in favor.
Useful properties of the overseas guest
Like all citrus fruits, pompelmus - A champion in the content of vitamin C. But not only by this it stands out among other exotic fruits. As part of the pomelo many useful nutrients that make it truly the king of citrus. So what is in a unique fruit?
- Fiber is a dietary fiber that improves the function of the digestive tract.
- Plant protein is a building block for the body's cells.
- Potassium is an essential element for the normal functioning of the cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, nervous and excretory systems of the body.
- Calcium is the main building block for human bone tissue.
- Iron is a trace element that is involved in blood formation, energy metabolism and metabolism.
- Sodium is the component responsible for the body's water and electrolyte balance.
- Vitamin C is a vitamin of youth, beauty and health, a “wrestler” with catarrhal diseases.
- Beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant.
- Vitamins of group B - essential vitamins for the nervous, immune and cardiovascular systems of the body.
Juicy fruit is able to quench thirst and saturate at the same time. A large amount of fiber contained in the fetus, helps normalize digestion and eliminate constipation. Rich vitamin-mineral complex makes pomelo herbal medicine that can increase the body's defenses, resist viral diseases, strengthen the walls of blood vessels and heart muscle. In addition, Pompelmus is a good prophylactic against caries, strengthens tooth enamel and prevents the development of periodontitis.
Pompelmus is considered an effective prophylactic against diabetes, hypertension, a number of cancers. Due to its low calorie content (only 35 kcal. Per 100 g.), The fruit can be used as a dietary product for all those who want to lose weight. It is recommended to use it in mono diets, as well as supplement it with your daily diet, replacing fatty and sweet desserts with rich fruit. Pomelo is also used in cosmetology: based on it, they make moisturizing and nourishing masks, cleansing lotions, body scrubs.
Contraindications: who can not eat pomelo
Despite the obvious benefit of the overseas fetus, some categories of people need to limit its use, and it is better to abandon it altogether. Who can not eat pompelmus?
- Allergy sufferers. Any citrus fruits cause a strong allergic reaction in people prone to this pathology. Since pomelo belongs to the citrus family, for understandable reasons it should be excluded from the diet of a person who is intolerant to these products.
- People suffering from hyperacid gastritis (with high acidity). Fruit acid contained in the fetus activates the secretory function of the stomach, which leads to irritation of the inflamed mucosa and can provoke an acute attack of gastritis.
- People who have a gastric or duodenal ulcer. Patients with these pathologies should under no circumstances eat pomelo. Erosions and ulcers on the walls of the stomach under the influence of aggressive acid can again begin to bleed, which is fraught with surgical complications.
- Anyone who is forced to take medication for a long time. Pomelo affects the absorption of certain drugs. It is better to ask the attending physician about the possibility of combining tablets and exotic fruits.
In addition, pomelo has a slight laxative effect, so its use should be limited to those who are prone to diarrhea. And, of course, even a completely healthy person should not eat her kilograms, so as not to provoke a digestive upset.
How to choose a fruit on the counter
Immature pomelo can sour or bitter. Therefore, the first criterion when choosing an exotic fruit is its ripeness. It can be determined by smell: the richer and more fragrant the rind of the fruit smells, the more juicy and tasty will be its flesh. Different varieties of pomelo vary in taste:
- pear-shaped yellow fruit has a pleasant sweetish taste,
- yellow slightly flattened fruit has a sweet taste with a slight sourness,
- pear-shaped greenish fruit has a pronounced sweet-sour taste,
- dark green spherical citrus is the sweetest representative among other varieties.
There are no signs of mechanical damage on the quality broom; cracks, dents, cuts, punctures. Peel - dense, smooth, shiny. When pressed on it should not remain. The weighty fruit, the more juice in it. Crude pompelmus can be stored outside the refrigerator for more than 30 days. But how only the skin will be removed from it, the shelf life of the product will begin to be calculated in hours. In the refrigerator, sliced fruit can be stored for no more than 3 days.
How to eat and get the most benefit
At home, pomelo fruit is eaten as a main dish, seasoning it with hot spices, or make candied fruit, marmalade, jams. All restaurants of the world use juicy ripe fruit as an additive to salads, pastries, desserts and sweet and sour sauces. Even the rind is used: it is dried and added to tea as a useful ingredient rich in essential oils.
But, undoubtedly, it is most useful to eat pomelo in its pure form, without subjecting it to thermal processing, in order to preserve a maximum of useful substances and vitamins. It is enough to peel it like a grapefruit, divide it into slices and enjoy the great taste of amazing citrus.
Pomelo is an affordable, healthy and incredibly tasty fruit that deserves more attention than the Russian consumer is currently paying. This sun miracle will not only strengthen health and add strength, but also lift your spirits on the grayest and most overcast autumn day.
Benefits for women
What is useful pomelo for a woman's body? The benefits and harms of pomelo for women's health are also explained by the peculiarities of its composition. These fruits prevent constipation, and therefore have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin. The fair sex, who use pomelmus several times a week in moderate amounts, note that their skin elasticity has significantly increased, the first wrinkles have disappeared, a healthy blush has appeared on the cheeks.
You might be interested to know that grape seed oil will help restore skin to its beauty.
All the details you will learn from this article ...
Is it possible to eat pomelo during pregnancy? Answering the question, what is useful fruit for pregnant women, it is important to understand that the body of the expectant mother is very susceptible to various kinds of infections, and therefore needs increased activity of the immune system. It is this kind of protection in the form of vitamin C that a pomelo is ready to offer a pregnant woman.
What is useful and harmful pomelo when GW? Is it possible to feast on pomelo when breastfeeding? Despite the considerable amount of vitamins, pediatricians do not recommend mothers to use this fruit during breastfeeding, as well as other fruits of the citrus family. This is due to the allergenicity of these fruits, which can provoke the development of signs of allergy in infants.
Benefits for men
It is also known about the beneficial properties of pomelo fruit for men. It is proved that after a good meal with the use of alcoholic beverages in the morning only a few slices of fruit can eliminate the symptoms of alcohol intoxication, encourage people and bring him back to normal life. The use of pink pomelo for men is also in the fact that it is a powerful aphrodisiac that increases potency and restores reproductive abilities in the representatives of the stronger sex.
The benefits of losing weight
Lose weight or recover from citrus? Does it contribute to weight loss and how much can you eat a broom in order not to get better? How many calories and carbohydrates are contained in fresh pomelo? These questions interest many people who watch their weight. Fortunately, the giant citrus is among the low-calorie foods (the calorie content of pomelo is 38 kcal per 100 grams), so it can be present in the menu of losing weight. Pomelo when losing weight helps burn fat. It can be eaten even at night, without fear of gaining weight. The recommended dose of fruit is not more than 150-200 grams per day.
Is it possible to eat pomelo at night or not? Naturally, yes! The use of sheddok at night for weight loss makes it possible to normalize the metabolism and improve the functioning of the intestines, therefore, this fruit can be easily replaced foods intended for a dietary dinner. Another question that interests those who want to lose weight: "What is more useful: grapefruit or pomelo?". Choosing between these two representatives of the citrus series, you should still stay on the first option, as the grapefruit is richer in vitamin C.
You will learn more about the benefits of an exotic fruit from the video:
Who can not eat pomelo? It is no secret that pomelo has not only useful, but also harmful properties.
Among the main negative effects of the fetus should be highlighted:
- аллергенность цитруса, так как он нередко провоцирует развитие аллергических реакций (аллергично или нет использование шеддока в каждом конкретном случае, можно установить с помощью специальных аллергологических проб),
- раздражающее действие на слизистую оболочку желудка, поэтому плод запрещено употреблять при гастрите и язвах пищеварительного тракта,
- choleretic effect, due to which pomelo is better to exclude from the diet of patients with cholelithiasis.
Therefore, before eating fruit should pay attention not only to its beneficial properties, but also contraindications to the use of pomelo. Otherwise, the benefits and harms of red pomelo can work against a person and damage his health.
Features of use
Most often, pomelo is eaten just like that, removing the peel and dividing the fruit into slices. However, there are several interesting recipes for light dishes that are prepared in a couple of minutes and do not spoil the shape.
From this citrus you can make a very sophisticated salad. To do this, put slices of pomelo, quartered hard-boiled eggs, crab meat and sweet onion rings on a lettuce leaf. All ingredients can be watered with natural yoghurt or served without it.
Pomelo is an exquisite component of many desserts. For example, based on it you can make smoothies or jellies. Not bad fruit is combined with sweet curd, custard and cranberry jam. It can be safely added to fruit salads and combined with other fruits in compotes, juices.
In folk medicine, pomelo has found its place as a remedy for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, cough, chronic bronchitis and inflammation of the kidneys.
Juice from the fruit allows to increase the level of hemoglobin and prevent the formation of blood clots in patients with arrhythmia. If daily use of mouthwash, prepared by mixing citrus juice in equal proportions with water, you can forget about caries. Less often, healers recommend boiling broths on the basis of the peel of the fruit, which perfectly saturate the body with vitamins and microelements, increase immunity, and treat colds.
In cosmetology, pomelo is used to make masks and scrubs. The healing components of the fruit make the skin softer, healthier and more radiant, prevent wrinkles and get rid of acne. To prepare the mask, simply mash the pomelo pulp with a fork and apply the resulting gruel on the face.
You may be interested to learn that birch buds will also help to get rid of acne.
Read more in this article ...
How to clean and carve a pomelo - see the video:
How to choose and store fruit?
The effectiveness of the fruit pomelo, the benefits and harm to humans is determined largely by how correctly he was chosen.
In order to get a really healthy fruit, you should:
- pay attention to his skin, which should be smooth, without dents and dark spots,
- smell the fruit (fresh sheddok has a pleasant citrus scent),
- take the fruit of smaller sizes, but larger in weight (in such a product is a good ratio of peel and pulp).
Keep citrus better in a cool place. Do not buy fruit in reserve, as it can rot. It is better to always buy fresh citruses in the store and get exclusively benefit from them.
Pamela - description and types of fruit
Few people know that pomelo is the largest of all known citrus fruits. Fruit weight can reach 10 kg, it is only in stores that fruits up to 1 kg are mainly sold. A distinctive feature of the product is a fleshy, very thick skin, which may be greenish, yellow, light orange or pink. Although the skin and complicates the process of cleaning the pamela, it is thanks to her that the fruit can be transported over long distances without fear for their integrity.
There are several varieties of pamela that differ in the color of the pulp:
- Red Sour option, with obvious bitterness. Usually it is small in size, about a grapefruit, covered with green peel.
- Pink It has a lot of seeds, which is the only drawback of the variety. This is the sweetest and most juicy kind of pomelo. It is actively used in folk medicine as an anthelmintic agent.
- White This is usually the largest fruit in size. Their flesh is not so juicy, but rather sweet.
Pamela, crossed with an orange, gave us a grapefruit. The unique fruit is able to maintain its appearance, taste and chemical composition, being at room temperature for a month. It is difficult to find a fruit that could boast such a skill.
The composition and useful properties of pamela
Exotic fruit contains a lot of vitamins, minerals, pectins, antioxidants, essential oils, vegetable fibers, organic acids and fiber. Unlike other citruses, there is not much citric acid in it. Because of this, the product can sometimes be used by people with gastritis and peptic ulcer disease (of course, in remission). Like all citruses, pamela is rich in ascorbic acid. To cover the daily need of the body for this substance, it is enough to eat 100 g of fruit pulp.
The abundance of useful components gives the pomelo an impressive list of useful properties:
- Fight against inflammatory processes. In Thailand, a unique product is used to prevent diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Stimulating the work of the kidneys without creating excessive load on them.
- Strengthen immunity, increase body resistance to viral and bacterial infections.
Interesting fact: In some countries, pamela is considered a symbol of wealth and well-being. This fruit is even considered the best gift for the New Year.
- Strengthen teeth and improve gums. Unlike other citrus fruits, pamela does not destroy tooth enamel.
- Prevention and treatment of anemia. In the pulp of the fruit a lot of iron, which is under the influence of ascorbic acid qualitatively absorbed by the body.
- Normalization of blood pressure indicators, if they are elevated.
- Prevention of rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults and the elderly.
- Improvement of the digestive system due to active bowel cleansing. This allows not only to eliminate toxins and slags from the body, but also to increase the absorption capacity of the intestinal mucosa.
- Pamela is able to resist the formation, growth and spread of cancer cells. It must be included in the diet of people with oncology in the family history.
- Pomelo is an indispensable product in the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis. In just a couple of months of regular use of the fetus, you can count on a decrease in the indicators of harmful cholesterol in the blood and an improvement in the texture of the vascular walls.
- Among other things, pamela stimulates the heart, improves memory, increases concentration and performance.
- Antioxidants in the composition of the fruit actively struggle with aging, which allows you to count on the improvement of external indicators and increase life expectancy.
- On the introduction of pomelo in the menu is worth thinking about pregnant women. The fetus does not cause a negative response from the female or child’s body, and the tissues are saturated with the much-needed fetus with folic acid.
With all this, pamela is low in calories - only 50 kcal per 100 g of product. Therefore, it is often used as a mandatory component in the diet of people with obesity or overweight.
Harm pamela and contraindications
When using pamela, you need to take into account not only the beneficial properties of the product, but also its potential harm. Firstly, the fruit has a pronounced laxative effect, so you should not use it with an unstable chair. This can lead to severe intestinal upset. In addition, pomelo should not be included in the diet with such contraindications:
- Addiction to food allergies.
- Medication. Substances in the pulp of the fetus reduce the effectiveness of drugs.
- Increased acidity of the stomach (only in the case of a doctor's permission).
- Peptic ulcer and colitis in the acute stage.
- Acute lesions of the liver and kidneys.
If there are no contraindications, you can safely have a pamela. Of course, one should not abuse the product and consume it several times a day, the inclusion of fruit in one meal is enough. True, practice shows that eating several fruits at once is quite difficult.
Pomelo fruit - chemical composition and calorie content
Sheddok, pomelo - these names have the largest representative of citrus with a pink tinge of thick peel. Homeland pomelo - China, mention of the beneficial properties of the fruit belong to 100 BC. er
Large fruits weigh up to 10 kg, having a diameter of about 30 cm. Round fruits are more common, but there are also pear-shaped, flattened on both sides. Many people who have tried the broom, talk about the similarity of taste with grapefruit. Only it is not so bitter, besides the slices are a bit dryish.
The fruit has a pleasant aroma and a rich composition of useful components:
- vitamins (ascorbic acid, A, E, group B),
- organic acids
- mineral substances (potassium, calcium, sodium, iron, phosphorus),
- fiber (up to 1%),
- essential oils.
Pomelo consists of water (85–90%), nutritional value are carbohydrates (7–9%), proteins (0.5–0.8%), fats (0.1–0.4%), ash (0, 4–0.7%). The fruit has a very low calorie (28-40 kcal), the sweeter the fruit, the more calories.
- It has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system. Potassium strengthens the heart and blood vessels, normalizes blood pressure, heart rhythm.
- Strengthens the immune system, improves resistance to viral and colds. Ascorbic acid accelerates the healing process, improves human well-being. Using fruit for prophylaxis reduces the risk of seasonal illness.
- Increases hemoglobin, relieves anemia.
- Reduces harmful cholesterol. Vitamin E contributes to the clearance of blood vessels from plaques, which reduces the chances of atherosclerosis and its complications - heart attack and stroke.
- Improves metabolic processes in the body. Lipase helps break down proteins. Cellulose stimulates slag removal.
- It fights cancer tumors, it is an excellent prophylactic against tumors. Lemonoids prevent cancer cells from multiplying.
- Strengthens bone tissue. Calcium promotes rapid rehabilitation after fractures.
- Improves mood, improves tone. Essential oils increase performance, concentration.
- Promotes weight loss. Low calorie and the ability to quickly saturate the body allows the use of pomelo in the diet.
- Makes tooth enamel stronger. Ascorbic acid and calcium reduce bleeding gums.
- Promotes the withdrawal of sputum in diseases of the respiratory tract (cough, asthma).
- Improves skin condition, makes it supple.
Such a number of useful properties suggests that pomelo should be used in the diet. Of course, possible contraindications and harm to the fruit should be considered.
The benefits of pomelo for pregnant women
Is it possible for future mothers to eat this exotic fruit, because doctors do not recommend using many products in a special position?
Sheddok does not belong to the forbidden, quite the contrary: it is recommended to eat it to pregnant women. Just do not do it every day. 300-400 g of fruit 2-3 times a month - thus, the future mother's body will receive the necessary vitamins that are in the pomelo.
What is useful fruit for pregnant women:
- boosts immunity
- is a means of preventing colds,
- reduces pressure
- contributes to the normal development of the fetus (folic acid, potassium and calcium - important building materials of the brain and bone system of the child),
- improves performance
- satisfies the body's need for fluid, quenches thirst,
- improves digestion, accelerates metabolic processes,
- prevents the accumulation of extra pounds,
- is an antidepressant, improves mood,
- makes the vessels elastic, prevents the formation of blood clots.
Doctors recommend to undergo treatment with pomelo, if the expectant mother has frequent constipation, increased blood pressure, or increased panic attacks, depression. It is important to adhere to the indicated dosage so that the pomelo does not cause an allergic reaction.
Traditional healers offer different uses for the fruit:
- To strengthen the heart and normalize the pulse, eat 2 slices of the fetus daily on an empty stomach.
- Rinsing (100 g of juice per 100 g of warm water) helps in sore throat.
- Inflammation of the skin will relieve a compress from crushed peel pomelo.
- Facilitates the withdrawal of sputum with a dry cough fruit juice. It must be heated to 37-40 degrees.
- Reduces cholesterol pulp, peeled from the film.
- Improves the structure of the hair and skin condition glass of juice, drunk before bedtime.
- Removes toxins from the body, prevents constipation juice pomelo. Drink 3 times a day 100 g before meals.
If there are no contraindications, therapy with sheddok juice and pulp will significantly improve health, increase immunity.
What can be prepared from sheddok:
- salads (fruit, with chicken, seafood),
- rich products (pulp - as a filling),
- sauce for meat and fish dishes,
- peel jam,
- candied pomelo,
- aromatic additive for drinks from the dried and crushed peel.
To remove the light bitterness of the fruit, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the pomelo pulp from the film before cooking.
Nutritionists recommend doing fasting days with pomelo. After all, the fruit is low-calorie, but at the same time nutritious, helps to overcome hunger. People who are obese can lose 10–15 kg using a two-week dietary course.
Fruit quickly breaks down fats, removes toxins, saturates the body with vitamins and microelements. These properties are the perfect combination for a diet product.
Together with sheddock, you can use chicken meat (steamed or baked), vegetables (stewed, fresh), cereals and fruits with low fructose content. It is important to drink enough water (at least 2 liters per day).
You can not diet on more than two weeks. This is dangerous development of disorders in the body.
- Tonic of freshly squeezed pomelo juice refreshes the skin, eliminates oily shine. It is necessary to wipe the face with such a tool in the morning and before bedtime. For dry skin, dilute the juice with water (1: 1); for oily, use it in its pure form.
- A nourishing mask of chopped fruit pulp (100 g), honey (1 tsp.) And lemon juice (1 tsp.) Helps to restore the skin. Apply before bedtime, avoid areas around the eyes and near the lips. Leave on for 15–20 minutes, rinse with warm water or green tea.
- Remedy for oily skin removes unpleasant shine face. The mask contains chopped sheddok pulp (50 g), kefir (10 g). Squeeze the mixture, wipe the skin with juice. When it dries, put gruel on the face. Wait 10-15 minutes, rinse with water.
- To strengthen the nail skin suitable pomelo. It is necessary to wipe the cuticle and plate 1–2 times a week.
Regular use of the fruit in cosmetic procedures will improve the condition of the skin and nails.
You can not eat fruit or you need to reduce its amount in the diet in the presence of such diseases:
- allergic reactions (rash, itching, swelling, choking),
- increased acidity of the stomach, ulcerative pathology, heartburn,
- colitis in the acute stage,
- diabetes, hepatitis, nephritis.
Even in the absence of contraindications, do not eat fruit too often. Exceeding the recommended dose causes unpleasant symptoms in the form of stomach disorders.
When choosing, pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Weight. The ripe fruit will be heavy, juicy, and the unripe - light, with a thick skin.
- Appearance. Brilliant smooth skin of monochromatic color is an ideal variant of tasty pomelo.
- Elasticity. A ripe fruit will not be too soft if the skin is pressed a little when pressed.
- Smell. Ripe fruit has a rich citrus aroma. True, in stores pomelo is sold in an airtight film. By this criterion it is difficult to determine the ripeness of the fetus.
- Colour. A uniform light green, yellow or pinkish tint indicates the ripeness of the fruit. If one of the sides has a green spot, the fruit is not ripe. Dark spots on the pomelo say that the fruit has begun to deteriorate.
Stored up to a month at room temperature. Unused, cleaned pulp should be put in the fridge and eaten for 2-3 days, otherwise it will spoil.
Pomelo in the diet gives the body the necessary supply of vitamins and minerals, strengthens the immune system and helps in the prevention of various diseases.
In China - the homeland of pomelo - the benefits and harm have long been known. Outwardly, it resembles a grapefruit or a huge orange. The color of the skin can vary from pale green to bright orange. The shape of the fruit can be round or pear-shaped. His skin is thick, the flesh is not very juicy and sweet with a slight hint of bitterness. The inner part can have a color ranging from white-green to reddish-orange. The weight of the product on the shelves of our stores can reach a kilogram. On tropical trees you can find fruits up to 10 kg.
Of the citrus varieties, this fruit is the largest in size. Its advantage over all others is that it is stored for a long time. At room temperature, it can lie for about a month, in the refrigerator - longer.
Other substances that are part of
This fruit is irreplaceable not only because it contains a large amount of vitamins. It contains substances called limonoids. Они помогают остановить процесс деления онкологических клеток. Поэтому данный продукт может помочь в борьбе с раковыми заболеваниями. Если употреблять этот фрукт летом, содержащиеся в нем антиоксиданты позволят сохранить молодость кожи и защитить ее от вредного воздействия ультрафиолета.
A large amount of fiber contained in the pulp has a beneficial effect on the intestines and stomach. A "film", which we often do not use for food, can be an excellent intestinal cleanser. Their effects are similar to those of bran.
Useful product for those who suffer from low acidity of the stomach. Due to its natural acid content, it helps speed up the production of enzymes. In tropical countries, it is used along with meat or fish to speed up digestion. Pamela fruit - the benefits and harm are not comparable. The harm caused by the use of this fruit in food, conditional in comparison with the benefit and is determined by the amount of food eaten.
Another useful feature is the low calorie content of the fruit. Due to its composition, this product will perfectly complement any diet. 100 grams of its pulp contain only 39 kcal. Lipolytic enzyme levels help reduce weight more efficiently.
Not only fruit pulp is useful, but also other parts of it. The peel, due to the high content of essential oils, helps to tone and strengthen the skin. A decoction of the leaves of the tree will help prevent the appearance of stomach ulcers.
The use of the product helps in the treatment of atherosclerosis, hypertension, asthma, contributes to the saturation of folic acid, necessary during pregnancy. With regular use increases performance and increases vitality.
Pamela: the benefits and harm - what qualities more? All of these positive characteristics are peculiar only to fully ripe fruit. To avoid the use of a useless product, you need to know the rules of choice. Pomelo should be a bit soft, skin shiny. The smell of the fruit should be pleasant. If there is a choice, it is better to take heavier medium-sized fruits. They will have more pulp.
This fruit can have a negative effect on health only in case of allergy to citrus fruits. Also, do not get carried away with such exotic people suffering from diseases of the stomach and duodenum, colitis, hepatitis and nephritis in the acute stage. When used in large quantities, a laxative effect is possible. In people with increased acidity of the stomach, excessive consumption of fruit can cause heartburn.
There is an opinion that exotic fruits brought from faraway countries can be harmful. It should be said that before use, wash the product thoroughly and do not be afraid to eat it. It is advisable to make purchases in a trusted store where products are being monitored.
Pamela's benefit and harm is a moot point. Everything is good in moderation. When used in moderation, maximum benefit is achieved and harm is minimized.
Pomelo hybrid or not
Many people consider pomelo grapefruit, just very large, but this is a separate group of citrus fruits. Pomelo is not a hybrid, completely independent fruit, which is gaining increasing popularity.
Evergreen tree, height reaches 15 meters, gives a harvest all year round. Citrus has a thick dense four-centimeter skin, painted in light green, yellow, pinkish color. It weighs from one kilogram to six to ten kilograms.
- Red pomelo. This sort of fruit with a pleasant bitterness, red flesh, sourish taste, oval shape, resemble a small grapefruit, a crust of greenish color. By crossing a pomelo with an orange, grapefruit is obtained.
- Pink. A fruit of this type has a juicy, pink color, sweetish taste.
- White. Fruit reaches impressive size. The shape of a pear, white flesh, sweet.
How many calories in pomelo
In pomelo calorie content is not great, per 100 grams of fruit pulp - 31 - 32 kilocalories, 35 - along with the peel.
Calories in pomelo as fruit:
- One cup of fruit pulp contains 70 calories.
- when added to citrus salad, you will have 29 calories per serving,
- with daily consumption of 160 grams - 50.
In China, it is used in the preparation of desserts, thereby reducing the calorie content of dishes. In cakes, pastries also dried skin is used, as a flavoring.
In England, make it marmalade. Due to the low energy value, pomelo is a good substitute for expensive, fatty desserts.
The composition of the product
What is the composition of pomelo fruit?
The fruit is well protected. Peel pomelo 2-4 centimeters thick, has a pleasant aroma, are bioflavonoids, essential oils. Under the skin of the fruit is a white porous shell, in which there are 10-11 large cloves of pulp.
100 grams of product contains:
- Protein - 0.8 -1.0 gr.
- Fat - 0 gr.
- Carbohydrates - 9.0- 9.8 grams.
- Dietary fiber - 2 gr.
- Water - 90 gr.
The energy ratio of BZHU - 7/2/92.
In addition to the basic composition in the fruit are micro and macronutrients: potassium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, calcium, copper, manganese, zinc.
It affects with its multivitamin complex: a large amount of ascorbic acid, vitamins B12 (cyanocobalamin), B2 (riboflavin), B6, (pyridoxine), B1 (thiamine), B9 (folic acid).
In addition, there are glycoside, limonin, pectin, lipase (an enzyme that breaks down fats). Although the energy value of the pamela is small, it is a unique product in many respects.
There is sugar in the product, but at the same time it can be eaten by diabetics. What is the secret of this product?
What is useful pomelo
The fruit is useful for people suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Regular use strengthens the walls of the heart muscle, reduces the risk of myocardial infarction, improves the contractile activity of the heart.
The presence of vitamins, including ascorbic acid improves the elasticity of blood vessels, normalizes blood pressure, boosts immunity, helps fight viral respiratory infections.
Calcium strengthens bones, normalizes the nervous system, relieves depression and fatigue.
Improves brain function due to the presence of phosphorus.
Due to the properties of pomelo fruit, it eliminates cholesterol plaques, improves blood circulation.
Sheddok is used to prevent the development of cancer, as limonoids inhibit the division of cancer cells. American scientists have noticed that with constant use of the pulp, there was a more pronounced effect than when taking medications.
The metabolism accelerates, therefore the diet including it, is used at weight loss. Promotes rapid breakdown of proteins and fats.
During considerable physical exertion, as it gives a surge of energy.
It is used for asthma, prolonged cough, and propensity for edema.
Characteristics, useful properties, the composition of the fruit can use it as a means against atherosclerosis.
What is useful for women
The benefits of pomelo for women are truly enormous. Bioflavonoids contained in the peel of pomelo have a positive effect on the hormones of the weaker sex and normalize the amount of estrogen.
If there is no allergy to citrus fruits, the product can be used by pregnant women, reduces the manifestations of toxicosis, helps protect against panic before birth. Folic acid (necessary in the first weeks of pregnancy) helps to properly form the placenta, fetal tissue. In the last months of pregnancy, women have increased thirst. The use of juice in a small amount will help to cope with this problem, thus the volume of the consumed liquid will decrease. It will save from edema.
It is important for women at any age to be beautiful and youthful. Problems with the stool instantly affect the skin, so eating fruit pulp (containing fiber) helps cleanse the intestines from toxins. The skin becomes smooth, velvety.
Vitamins, minerals, which are contained in the composition of the pompelmus help to strengthen the hair roots, make them beautiful and healthy.
What is useful for men
Useful fruit for men.
The use of pomelo increases sexual activity, is an excellent aphrodisiac. Scientists have proven a beneficial effect on the process of spermatogenesis in men.
In Asian countries, it is believed that if a man receives a sheddok as a gift, then he wants longevity and male power. Thanks to vitamin C, blood vessels are strengthened, the blood flow of the pelvic organs is enhanced, it has a beneficial effect on intimate function, it is used as a means for potency.
Still worth remembering, the pulp reduces the symptoms of poisoning, so it can be useful to fight a hangover after a good meal.
Pomelo what is the harm to health
As you can see, the benefits from the use of this citrus product are great, but the harm to the pomelo can also be caused.
Contraindications in the use of pomelo:
- Definitely not those who are allergic to citrus.
- With the exacerbation of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
- With the existing diseases: colitis, hepatitis, nephritis, urolithiasis, increased acidity during gastritis.
Given that the use can be harmful to human health, you need to consult a doctor if you can eat it in your case.
How to eat pomelo
Properly consumed fruit should be in small portions, especially if you are a beginner. Despite the fact that we know how it tastes (sweet, pleasant) you do not need to eat the whole fruit at a time, divided into 4-5 receptions.
You can eat it as a separate dish, or as part of salads, decorating its cakes with cake decorations, cakes.
In conclusion, I would like to say, if you saw this exotic in the store, do not hesitate to purchase, because once you try, it will be impossible to refuse.
Conclusion: eat healthy foods, expand your daily diet, but there should be a measure in everything. Be healthy!
Rules for the selection, storage and use of pamela
When choosing a fruit, you need to pay attention to a few points, then you can get a tasty, fresh and high-quality fruit:
- The peel should be smooth, shiny, without dents and spots. The color is uniform, but not very bright.
- It is good when the skin is thick, but not firm, but protrudes under the fingers. If the pamela is very soft, it starts to deteriorate inside. If the surface is solid, the product has not yet matured and, most likely, will not mature any more.
- The ripe fruit should have a pleasant citrus scent. Do not take products wrapped in cling film. Manufacturers do this in order to disguise the problem indicators and increase the shelf life of products. After removing the shell, the product may deteriorate within a few days or even hours.
- The ideal fruit is small but heavy. This indicates its juiciness and thinner skin.
Pomelo can be eaten fresh. To do this, it is enough to remove the peel from its surface, which is much easier than in the case of an orange or grapefruit. After the discovery of juicy slices you need to remove the film from them, it remains to eat the tender flesh. In addition, various preserves, candied fruits, marmalade, jam are prepared from pamela. In addition, there are recipes in which the fruit pulp is used as the main ingredient in original salads.
If the fruit is unpeeled, it can be kept in the warm compartment of the refrigerator or at room temperature for about 2-3 weeks (depending on the degree of ripeness and harvest time). Purified pulp should be kept only in the refrigerator. It should be eaten in 2-3 days.
Some original pomelo recipes
The inhabitants of Thailand and the Philippines use pamela not only as a dessert, but also as a snack. To do this, it is flavored with chili, sugar, salt or ground pepper. And you can also put tender pulp on one of these simple salads:
- Mix 200 g of fruit pulp disassembled into seeds, crushed and roasted garlic, finely chopped onion, a few mint leaves and 100 g of boiled shrimp. Season with salt, fish sauce and lime juice. Served in the peel halves of pomelo.
- Mix the pulp of 1 fruit, cucumber, onion, carrot, fresh mint and 50 g of roasted peanuts. All ingredients are finely ground, they should be about the same size, so that the salad has a uniform texture. Fill it all with fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and minced garlic, fried in a pan without oil.
After cleansing and eating pamelae, do not throw away the crusts. Of these, you can prepare therapeutic extract. It can get rid of stomatitis, warts, skin diseases, signs of psoriasis and manifestations of fungal infections.