Peanuts - bean culture. Unlike other members of the family, the beans ripen underground. They are collected, carefully pulling out a bush with a root. Grains with a pronounced nutty flavor contain many useful substances - vitamins, valuable oils, amino acids, micro and macro elements. Peanuts are considered useful for immunity, heart, stomach. The product is used in the treatment of infertility in men and women.
Peanuts are mistakenly considered to be nuts - the plant belongs to the legume family, but differs from beans, peas, and soybean in the way they grow and ripen seeds. Peanuts are a popular product. People call it peanuts, earthen acorn. What are the benefits of peanuts and the possible harm?
Peanuts - herbaceous heat-loving annual. The bush consists of a large number of shoots, 60–75 cm tall. It blooms with yellow or orange flowers resembling moths. After pollination in place of flowers appear shoots with seeds - gynofory. First, they grow up, then fall to the ground, immersed in it. Peanut fruit is an underground bean containing from one to five seeds - nuts.
The length of the bean is from 1 to 6 cm. After each seed there is an interception - a narrowing. The elongated elongated seeds are thin-coated. For the first time, cultivation of peanuts began to be practiced in South America. Later, the plant spread to Europe, Asia and Africa.
Peanuts have a rich chemical composition and high calorie content. In 100 g of the raw product contains 552 kcal, dried - 611 kcal. Peanuts contain a lot of protein and fat, which causes its high nutritional value. The detailed chemical composition of peanuts is given in the tables.
Table - Nutritional Values, Vitamins, Micro and Macronutrients
Table - Amino Acids, Fatty Acids
For the body
Peanuts (peanuts) are useful for people of any gender and age. 11 of its properties are especially appreciated.
- Supports the level of sugar. In a limited amount, it is useful in type 2 diabetes.
- Normalizes pressure and metabolism. This property is due to the high content of magnesium in the composition of peanuts.
- Reduces the risk of developing heart disease. Valuable fats reduce the level of harmful cholesterol, improve the condition of blood vessels, prevent the development of heart attack.
- Strengthens the immune system. The complex of vitamins, minerals, acids helps to increase the protective functions of the body. Peanut helps to cope with the daily stress, increases efficiency.
- It acts as a natural antidepressant. Amino acid tryptophan stimulates the production of serotonin - a hormone responsible for good mood.
- Strengthens the nervous system. The complex of vitamins of group B has a positive effect on the central nervous system. Peanuts are needed for the brain - it improves mental performance, improves memory.
- It has anti-cancer effect. Substances that make up peanuts slow down the growth of cancer cells.
- An antioxidant. Promotes the elimination of toxins and other harmful substances from the body.
- Prevents anemia. Peanuts contain a lot of iron, which is involved in the production of hemoglobin.
- Restores reproductive function. Used in the treatment of female and male infertility - normalizes the balance of hormones in the body.
- Helps in the prevention of gallstone disease. The moderate use of a peanut prevents formation of stones in a gall bladder, facilitates a condition of patients.
The advantage of peanuts for women is the high content of amino acids. Peanut makes the fair sex healthier, a beneficial effect on external data.
- Improves skin and hair condition. With the systematic use of a small amount of peanuts improves the condition of the skin and hair. The substance biotin helps to strengthen the hair follicles - the hair becomes thick.
- Normalizes hormones. It is useful to include it in the menu of adolescent girls and women during menopause. When pregnancy is used with caution - it is possible the development of an allergic reaction.
- Regulates metabolism. Manganese, which is part of the peanut, speeds up the metabolism and, with moderate consumption, helps to lose weight. The action is enhanced by the property of cleansing the digestive tract from toxins and toxins.
The benefits of peanuts for men, no less. The following properties are especially appreciated.
- Prevent baldness. Biotin normalizes hormones, strengthens hair follicles - prevents early baldness.
- Normalization of the urogenital system. Regular use of roasted peanut kernels prevents the development of prostatitis, improves potency, helps to fight infertility.
- A set of muscle mass. Peanuts contain a lot of protein involved in building muscle tissue. A handful of nuts during exercise restores muscle conductivity, eases pain, restores strength.
Contraindications and possible harm
Peanut often causes allergic reactions, so use it in limited quantities. This and some other properties are due to contraindications to the use of peanuts:
- susceptibility to allergic reactions
- gastritis with acidity, heartburn,
- constipation, diarrhea and other digestive disorders,
- severe liver disease,
- arthritis, arthrosis, gout,
- acute pancreatic inflammation,
- children up to three years
- ban on peanuts during breastfeeding
The harm of peanuts can be felt on their own in unlimited use. Common side effects - the appearance of dermatitis, deterioration of the intestine and liver. For people with disorders of the digestive system, roasted peanuts are more useful. Crude harder processed. During frying, most valuable substances are preserved. The use of raw peanuts in cooking is limited to adding to cereals, salads from fresh vegetables.
Peanuts are used to treat various diseases. Based on it, prepare infusions, decoctions and other medicines. The most common seven recipes.
- A stomach ulcer. In case of chronic gastric ulcers, peanut milk is prepared. Peanuts are ground into flour, poured boiling water.
- Pulmonary diseases. Unpeeled peanuts, along with the peel, are poured with boiling water, kept on moderate heat for about 15 minutes, insisting for half an hour. Per liter of water take 100 grams of peanuts. Filtered, drink in small sips throughout the day.
- The need to strengthen the immune system. Eight teaspoons of roasted peanut husks is poured with a bottle of vodka, insist two weeks. In the morning, ten drops of the drug is dissolved in half a glass of water or milk, and drunk. Treat for a month
- Hemophilia. Peanuts, along with the husks, are ground into powder, moistened with milk. Take up to three times a day for 30 grams.
- Prostatitis A handful of roasted peanuts pounded, poured into a thermos, add a little dry Althea root. Pour half a liter of hot milk. Insist about ten o'clock. Take half a cup three times a day. The course of treatment is ten days.
- Dizziness . Two tablespoons of dried leaves of the groundnut is poured with a liter of water, half boiled. Take three times a day for half a glass for three days.
- Hypertension. Half a cup of unrefined peanuts is poured with apple cider vinegar, for 24 hours. Twice a day eat ten grains.
The beneficial properties of peanuts exceed its harm. Peanut has a positive effect on health only when used moderately. It is enough to eat a small handful of peanuts a day to provide the body with amino acids, vitamins and microelements.
Peanut is an annual plant, similar to beans in appearance, 30-70 cm tall. Parotid leaves on long petioles, complex. The flowers are orange or bright yellow, in the axillary racemes, moth type. The flower is a day; after 2-3 days, the pedicel with a fertilized ovary first grows up and then turns and deepens into the soil. Fruits (beans) ripen at a depth of 5 cm.
Beans are then required to be placed in dry, clean, whole bags. Peanuts should be stored in such conditions that ensure the absence of pest infestation and other damage.
Peanuts contain about 15% starch, 48% edible non-drying oil, and about 30% protein. The leaves and stalks of peanuts have about 12% protein, 45-48% starch and 2% fat. The same substances are found in the seed coat and the shell.
Useful properties and application
Peanut proteins are well absorbed by humans, as they differ in the optimal ratio of amino acids. Peanut also promotes cell renewal and growth, being a source of large amounts of folic acid.
Experts have found that peanuts, when used regularly, can greatly reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. In addition, dietary nutmeg fibers prevent certain forms of cancer.
Peanuts have a good effect on the body during diathesis, can compensate for the lack of protein, helps with insomnia and helps prevent sclerosis. It tones up with loss of strength and calms with high nervous excitability. In addition, peanut improves auditory sensitivity, useful for severe exhaustion.
Before eating it is mostly fried, often sprinkled with sugar or salt. They also make butter from nuts, which is superior to most vegetable oils in nutritional quality. Special short heat treatment of the walnut kernel allows you to quickly rid it of the skin.
- It is recommended that patients with hemophilia 3 times a day apply raw or slightly roasted fruits of 50–150 g half an hour before meals, or peanut butter 1 tbsp. l inside 3 times a day before meals.
- To improve the potency, a man should eat 2 times a day after eating 15 peanuts.
Contraindications for eating peanuts
Like all legumes, peanuts are not very well digested by the stomach, if there are problems with the digestive tract. Excess fat and protein, even of plant origin, will be harmful for people with such diseases.
With a weakened pancreas, one must carefully approach the amount of beans eaten. In addition, there is individual intolerance and various allergic reactions to substances contained in peanuts. And peanut allergy is one of the strongest. It causes itching, burning and swelling of the larynx.
As a caveat, it is also possible to mention that during storage, the beans can become moldy, which leads to the development of a particular fungus that secretes poisonous aflatoxin. Therefore, carefully check the quality of the product.
If you familiarize yourself with the chemical composition of peanuts, it becomes immediately clear why they are so popular among cooks and adherents of a healthy lifestyle.
The product is rich in useful amino acids (AK): 12 essential and 8 interchangeable. 100 g contains almost the total daily rate of AK required for a person.
There are also enough vitamins in peanuts, such as PP and representatives of group B. Potassium, magnesium and phosphorus can be detected from macronutrients, and iron from microelements.
Ground nuts, with their fairly high calorie content, have virtually no cholesterol. Vegetarians often use peanut fruit and oil as a worthy protein alternative to meat products. This is a good way to provide the body with proteins for people who do not eat animal food, although there are contraindications for allergy sufferers.
What is useful
Key properties of peanuts:
- helps to smooth the wrinkles on the skin, which is very important for women
- lowers blood cholesterol
- lowers the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases,
- prevents the stress that most men and women face today
- improves memory, increases concentration.
Regular but moderate use of peanuts has a positive effect on human health. This is a proven fact, confirmed by numerous medical studies. If you include ground nuts (raw or roasted) in your diet on a regular basis, the first positive results can be seen in a few months.
- Experiments show that groundnuts are effective in preventing cancer. Moreover, its use contributes to slowing the development of cancer.
- Effective peanuts and in the fight against infertility. Regular consumption of fruits can normalize the functions of the reproductive organs, both in men and women.
- This type of nuts is useful in the treatment of many other ailments. For example, if you or your child suffer from a long dry cough, put rice porridge with peanuts on a regular basis into the diet: this healthy nutritional mixture will eliminate unpleasant symptoms in a fairly short period of time.
- Peanuts are also used in the treatment of diseases of the stomach, although here one must be especially careful. This product is heavy enough for digestion, therefore, eaten in large quantities, it can cause disruptions in the pancreas and liver.
- It has choleretic properties, which are also often used in various recipes of traditional medicine.
- For men, peanuts can be an excellent prophylactic against urolithiasis.
- Peanuts contain optimal reserves of magnesium, which helps cleanse the body of toxic substances, promotes energy production and protects against stress. The combination of the same magnesium with calcium and fluoride makes bones stronger.
- Methionine is also present in the composition of groundnuts. This compound synthesizes adrenaline and regulates fat accumulation in the human liver.
- Mandatory is the use of peanuts for those men who pump muscles.
Combination with other products
In addition to all the listed beneficial properties, peanuts are also very tasty. It can be used both separately and in combination with other products in the composition of various dishes.
In cooking, there are hundreds of different recipes in which you can use the fruit and peanut butter. In particular, roasted peanuts are excellent with zucchini and meat. And how not to remember peanut paste, without which it is difficult to imagine breakfast in an average American family.
Peanut oil has been widely used in traditional medicine, cooking and cosmetology. Women who keep their finger on the pulse of cosmetic new products know that this oil is added to the composition of many modern skin and hair care products.
Its cosmetic properties are often compared with the cosmetic properties of olive oil. In the manufacture of high-quality product technologies are used to preserve most of the useful ingredients during processing.
Harm and list of contraindications
Everyone knows that any, even the most useful food product can cause negative consequences for the body, if you eat it in unlimited quantities. This fully applies to peanuts.
Currently known contraindications:
- These nuts are very high in calories, so people who are overweight should not get carried away. For women on a diet, peanuts for snacking are not the best idea.
- It is not recommended to use peanuts for diseases of the inflammatory joints, such as arthritis, arthrosis or gout.
- The reddish peel of a peanut is a strong allergen, therefore many nutritionists advise to eat an already purified product. But it will not save you from an allergic reaction if you suffer from individual intolerance. The consequences can be the most severe - up to anaphylactic shock. In addition, other substances contained in peanuts — proteins or fatty amino acids — can cause a hidden allergic reaction.
Have roasted peanuts remove the shell is simple. It is enough to “roll” the nutlet between two fingers, so that dried peel would “fly off” it. Moreover, even in this form, the nuts retain their beneficial properties and at the same time acquire a more pleasant dessert taste.
Appearance and features of a peanut - a nut ground
The peanut is a grassy annual, from 40 to 50 cm in height. The shoots are quite branchy, forming a small bush. Bright green leaves, from 2 to 6 cm long, have a pair arrangement and an oval shape. Small yellow flowers are lush inflorescences of 4-5 pieces. After fertilization, the stem of the flower gradually increases in length, and when fruits appear on it, it gradually begins to lean toward the ground.
Зрелые орехи всегда заключены в твёрдую оболочку удлинённой формы с разделением на несколько частей, которые обозначены в виде круговых вмятин. А также на скорлупе присутствует рельефный рисунок, похожий на сетку, из-за него растение и получило название — «арахис», что в переводе с греческого означает «паук». Fruits have a burgundy or light yellow shade and somewhat resemble beans in their form.
Is peanuts a nut or beans?
This plant is a representative of the family of leguminous crops and has no direct relation to nuts, since its fruits are located in the pods, where they are located in a row. This peanut got its name because of the taste of its grains, which is very similar to pistachios, almonds or hazelnuts.
Peanuts - very interesting plantIts peculiarity lies in the peculiar development of the fruit. From the day of planting until the harvest takes about 3-4 months. After flowering pods are formed, which begin to lean towards the soil. When the nuclei begin to grow in them, the ovaries gradually burrow into the ground, where the final development and ripening of the beans takes place. Each plant can give 30 to 50 nuts.
To collect such fruits, the bush must be dug out of the soil, and then cut them off. After that, the beans are thoroughly cleaned from the ground and dried for about 30 days, and when the grain moisture reaches 12%, the kernels are separated from the shells.
Nutritional Value of Bean
The composition includes the following useful components:
- Squirrels. They are an indispensable source for the formation of muscle mass and the implementation of a healthy metabolism. 100 grams of this product contains about 30% of proteins, which are very easily absorbed by the body.
- Carbohydrates. Needed to replenish energy and nutrition of all tissues and cells. In legumes, they are present in a minimum amount - only 15% per 100 grams of nuts.
- Fat There are quite a lot of them in peanuts - about 50%; with the help of fats, many vitamins are better absorbed and the condition of the skin is improved.
- Cellulose. It reduces the amount of sugar and cholesterol in the blood, removes slags and toxic products from the body. In the composition of the nuts, it is present in the amount of 9%.
Vitamins and essential minerals
Peanuts contain a large variety of vitamins, such as:
- E - strengthens the vascular walls, has a positive effect on the condition of the skin, hair and nails.
- C - a powerful antioxidant, is involved in the process of renewal of tissues, helps the rapid healing of wounds and abrasions, contributes to the absorption of iron in the body.
- PP or nicotinic acid - a beneficial effect on blood circulation, regulates the work of the adrenal glands, is involved in ridding the body of toxins.
- B 1 - regulates fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism, has a positive effect on the state of nerve cells.
- B 2 or riboflavin is actively involved in metabolism, promotes the growth and restoration of all tissues in the body.
- B 4 - helps the work of the brain and nervous system.
- B 5 - stimulates the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and fats, is involved in the development of corticosteroid hormones.
- B 9 or folic acid - controls protein metabolism, promotes cell proliferation to form tissues.
He also rich in various mineralsnecessary for human health, these include:
- Calcium. It is a building material for the bone and muscular system. Positive effect on the state of nerve cells.
- Magnesium. Helps maintain muscle and blood vessel tone, participates in tissue regeneration processes.
- Phosphorus. Normalizes the work of internal organs, affects the metabolism, is involved in the formation of bones and cartilage.
- Potassium. Regulates the water-salt balance in the body, normalizes heart activity.
- Iron. With it, hemoglobin is formed.
- Manganese. Provides full operation of the nervous system.
- Zinc. Normalizes metabolism, is involved in the formation of bone tissue, promotes the rapid healing of abrasions and wounds.
- Copper. It helps to absorb iron, it is useful for heart activity.
- Manganese. Maintain the normal functioning of nerve cells, a positive effect on reproductive processes in the body.
The benefits and harm of peanuts
Due to the high content of nutrients in the composition, it is a very valuable product, able to positively affect the work of the human body. The useful qualities of peanuts include:
- It has a beneficial effect on the functioning of internal organs and systems, helps to normalize cardiovascular activity.
- Due to its high nutritional value, peanuts are considered to be a very useful product for pregnant and lactating women, children, depleted and sick people, as well as for those who are exposed to excessive physical exertion.
- The proteins and fats that make up the nuts are quite easily absorbed, and the rich content of many vitamins and microelements contributes to increased concentration and memory.
- The presence of natural fiber improves digestionand also helps eliminate toxins and pathogenic bacteria.
- In nuts, especially in roasted ones, there are a lot of antioxidants that slow down the aging process, prevent the formation of cancer cells, and have a positive effect on the heart.
- Eating peanuts reduces the risk of developing sclerosis, helps reduce blood cholesterol levels, due to the presence of linoleic acid in the product.
- The product helps to fight infectious diseases, strengthens the immune system.
- Peanuts recommended for patients with hemophilia, as it is able to increase blood clotting.
- The composition of the nuts is tryptophan - a useful amino acid, due to which, in the human body, the hormone serotonin is produced, which helps withstand stress and promotes the normal functioning of the nervous system.
Unfortunately, if you overuse, individual intolerance or improper storage of the product, peanuts can adversely affect a person's well-being. Damage to peanuts can manifest itself in the following ways:
- Peanuts (especially its shell) may cause an allergic reaction, the symptoms of which can be very dangerous to health.
- Since the product contains protein in large quantities, it can not be used for people with diseases of the joints and the digestive system.
- Frequent consumption of nuts in large quantities threatens with significant weight gain.
- With a disease such as varicose veins, nuts are also not recommended, because they cause thickening of the blood.
- If the peanut has been processed or stored incorrectly, it can accumulate toxic substancesthat will cause poisoning of the body. Therefore, before use, be sure to ensure that the product is fresh.
Growing peanuts in the garden
Peanut quite unpretentious and it is quite possible to grow it in open ground on the territory of a private house. Since the plant is very fond of warm, even the hot weather is warm. This will be one of the main conditions for high-grade cultivation, because if the air temperature is below 17 degrees, the peanut will stop growing. Therefore, it is recommended to plant such a plant in your garden to residents of the southern regions or central Russia.
Ground selection and landing
Legumes prefer loose and fertile soils, without stagnant water. Place for planting should be very sunny, as in the shade the plant may die. It is necessary to plant a nut at the end of spring when the temperature of the earth warms up to 15 degrees.
Seeds to choose better than a large size, as small ones can not be taken. You can pre-fill them with water the day before landing. Then dig small holes in the garden, about 12 cm deep, which should be staggeredso it will be more convenient for nuts to grow. Do not forget that the entire crop will be under the ground and occupy a certain space there, so the distance between the rows should be at least 50 cm.
Before planting, the prepared pits should be poured with water, then 3–4 nuts should be put in each of them and covered with soil. Sprouts appear fairly quickly, after which they begin to grow intensively. Peanuts fully ripen in 4–5 months after planting.
For full growth and development peanuts too wet soil is contraindicatedtherefore, it is recommended to water the plant 1 time in 7 days with warm water, and if it rains often, then it is generally not necessary. When the peanut grows up, watering should be carried out only if the weather is very hot, and after the stem with the fruits it doesn’t need moisture at all.
The plant will need additional feedings, due to which the quality of ripened fruits will increase. To do this, several mineral fertilizers must be applied to the soil several times a season. This is best done while weeding ground nuts. And also we must not forget to periodically loosen the soil around them and spud the plant.
When the leaves are peanuts start to wither and dryit means it's time to harvest. This usually occurs in early fall. To get to the nuts, the bush must be dug out with special forks. Then you need to gently shake the ground with the roots. After that, dry well by hanging bushes in a warm and dry room. After 2 weeks from the plant can be separated fruits that need to be dried for some time.
When the shell becomes thin and becomes fragile, you can separate it and get the kernel. With good care for peanuts from one bush you can get about 600 grams of tasty fruits. Store groundnuts should be in a tightly closed box, placing in the refrigerator, about 8-9 months.
History and application of peanuts
Peanut grass, called peanut, really refers to legumes, if we consider the botanical characteristics. However, in the gastronomic and consumer qualification nowhere, except for nuts, it is not attributed.
The first evidence of the use of peanuts are decorated vases of South American Indian tribes, created in the pre-Columbian time. Researchers have noted the clear contours of the fruit of this herb. It is South America that is the historical homeland of the groundnut, which was introduced to Europe in the era of great geographical discoveries by the Spanish conquistadors. They appreciated the excellent nutritional and taste qualities of the product on the other side of the ocean.
At the beginning of the 20th century, peanuts began to be used not only for gastronomic purposes. Medicines, dyes, printing ink, cosmetics, drinks, household chemicals and pasta were made from it in part or in full. By the way, peanut butter today is one of the main areas of peanut processing in America. This was largely due to the agrochemist George Washington Kerver, who popularized the crop among farmers who suffered from low cotton yields. Turning to the cultivation of peanuts, most of them got rich, for a while peanuts were made a key agricultural crop in the southern states of the United States.
Where peanuts grow: exporting countries
As already mentioned, the natural terrain where peanuts grow is South America. Accordingly, on other continents, this culture is well acclimatized in the territories corresponding to the South American climate. In general, it is a temperature from + 20˚C to + 27˚C. Therefore, in Russia and the CIS countries, natural conditions for its cultivation are created on the Black Sea coast, in the Caucasus, in the southern regions of Ukraine. However, with appropriate care, peanut grows to grow almost throughout the CIS.
The healing properties of peanuts for the body
In the unique composition of the groundnut is hidden extensive benefits to the human body. Regular use of this product "covers" the problematic and deficient positions for those nutrients that the body often suffers from. Due to this, beneficial changes are manifested in different internal organs and systems:
- anti-sclerotic effect is manifested - despite the many fats in the composition, peanuts, when used correctly, reduce the level of cholesterol,
- memory, concentration, attention improves, the person gets tired less and becomes stress-resistant,
- notes an increase in the threshold of auditory sensitivity,
- functions of the immune and nervous system are stabilized,
- a choleretic effect appears,
- coagulability of blood increases.
Useful and healing properties of peanuts contribute to the improvement of not only physical but also psycho-emotional state. This is due to the amino acid tryptophan. It activates the production of the "hormone of joy" - serotonin, which is a strong natural antidepressant. It helps not only to avoid despondency and nervous breakdowns, but also to “stand up” with a breakdown.
Separately, it must be said that roasted peanuts contain a quarter more polyphenols than raw ones. These antioxidants enhance the anti-cancer functions of the body and reduce the risk of developing diseases of the cardiovascular system.
The benefits of peanuts for women and men
Peanuts are intuitively loved by people of all ages and genders due to the fact that its medicinal characteristic helps to improve the health of everyone.
For women, the advantage of peanuts is in high nutritional value, due to which it is often added to the diet - it quickly nourishes and perfectly stimulates the metabolism. In addition, the nut helps to restore the tone of the nervous system (which can be very important during hormonal changes), actively fights cancer, reduces the risk of developing pathologies in the fetus during pregnancy, suspends the aging process, participates in the regulation of hormonal balance.
And what is the benefit for men? Almost the same. First of all, peanut is involved in hormonal regulation, and it, in turn, causes positive changes in all the reproductive system: improves testosterone production, sperm production, increases libido and sexual activity. Peanut butter is often used to enhance male power. The anti-cancer characteristic of peanuts also affects the health of representatives of a strong half of humanity.
Cultivation and care of peanuts
Those who have never encountered the process of growing bean grass peanuts are interested in how this plant looks. In fact, peanuts are somewhat similar to potatoes. Its stem rushes upward, and when the pods form on the branches, the beans fall to the ground and ripen there.
On average, a period of 3 to 4 months passes from planting to harvesting mature beans. Plants dig and shake off clods of earth, like potatoes. After collecting the peanuts need to properly dry.
Peanut Butter (Pasta)
As already mentioned above, the use of peanut butter is very popular among peanut products, and in different forms - peanut butter is used both in cooking and cosmetology, and in other areas. Peanut paste is mainly popular in the confectionery industry, used as a standalone product, and as an addition to various desserts, such as cookies and toast.
Try authentic certified peanut butter!
Today, peanuts are used in various fields: cosmetology, cooking, alternative medicine. Many are familiar only with their taste peanuts. Its use to this day remains unsolved mystery.
To understand the usefulness of such a nut, you need to examine in detail its component composition. Immediately let's pay attention to the nutritional value of peanuts. It is high and amounts to approximately 552 calories per 100 g of product.
On a note! Peanut keeps the palm in the content of vegetable protein compared with its counterparts. But do not forget about its nutritional value. Eating only 100 grams of peanuts, you will satisfy half the daily body's need for calories.
The chemical composition of peanuts:
- a nicotinic acid,
- vitamin C,
- folic acid,
- pantothenic acid
In addition to vitamins, minerals, micro and macronutrients, ground nuts are enriched with di- and monosaccharides, ashes, water, dietary fiber, starch and acids.
Peanut (peanuts): the benefits and harm
If you are wondering whether to include a product like peanuts in your diet, feel free to add the nut to your home menu. This is a true natural source of protein of plant origin, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, micro and macro elements.
Scientists have concluded that the ground nut has a number of preventive and healing properties and, despite its high nutritional value, is very useful for the human body.
And back to the component composition, because it is hidden in it the healing power of peanuts. Peanut is enriched with magnesium, which has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system. Also, this component plays an important role in all metabolic processes in the body.
The healing properties of peanuts:
- improved brain activity
- strengthening the body's immune system,
- memory normalization
- increased attention span
- struggle with depressive states
- prevention of development of oncological ailments,
- improvement of blood component composition
- promote the production of red blood cells,
- профилактика и лечение сердечно-сосудистых недугов,
- борьба с облысением,
- восстановление потенции,
- нормализация сна.
Enumerate the useful properties of the peanut can be almost indefinitely. Herbalists recommend including at least a few kernels in your daily diet. In this case, you are not afraid of any ailments, the body will strengthen, and a bad mood will never dare to approach.
Important! Peanuts are especially useful for representatives of a strong half of humanity. Nuts help restore potency, solve problems with impotence and normalize reproductive function. In the presence of diseases of the genitourinary system, you must first consult with the relevant doctor.
Because peanut contains a high concentration of protein from plant origin, this product is recommended for people who are undergoing exhausting physical exertion and athletes. A few nuts will help you regain strength after intense exercise, build muscle and strengthen bone tissue. But peanuts are of particular value for professional athletes.
Useful properties of ground nuts for athletes:
- replenishment of vitamin reserve
- promoting muscle growth
- getting rid of fatigue
- relieving muscle tension
- recuperation and energy expended.
Between us girls
No less useful peanut for the fair sex. Peanuts contain a storehouse of vitamins, including tocopherol. And as you know, vitamin E - a source of beauty and health.
Valuable properties of peanuts for women:
- strengthening curls,
- improvement of the skin,
- restoration of childbearing function
- strengthening tooth enamel,
- normalization of the functioning of the digestive tract.
If you follow the diet, the nuts must be eaten carefully, adhering to the dosage. However, in other cases, it is better not to abuse such a delicacy due to its high caloric content.
Experts are convinced that a handful of nuts a day helps in the treatment of infertility, helps to improve brain activity and normalize blood circulation.
Do not forget about your little ones. Crumbs also nuts will benefit if the child does not suffer from allergic reactions. Nutrients contained in peanuts have a beneficial effect on the children's body during its active development and growth.
On a note! Until the baby reaches the age of three, do not include peanuts in the baby’s diet to avoid allergic reactions.
Peanuts during pregnancy
The period of gestation is a new and crucial stage in the life of every woman, which, as a rule, is also accompanied by anxiety, because the body is undergoing tremendous changes.
To draw the necessary vitamins, micro and macronutrients, mineral substances necessary in food. Especially valuable in this period of life for the future mother and her baby is peanut.
Peanuts are not contraindicated for use during pregnancy, but some restrictions still exist. The value of this product is due to the high concentration of folic acid. It is this vitamin that plays an important role in the functioning of the female reproductive system, and also prevents the development of intrauterine pathologies.
Useful properties of peanuts for future mothers:
- normalization of digestive processes,
- prevention of viral and acute respiratory illnesses,
- stabilization of cholesterol level
- cleansing the body of accumulated toxins, slags and harmful compounds,
- getting rid of phobias
- improvement of psycho-emotional state.
But not everyone can enjoy peanuts in the period of gestation.
List of contraindications:
- excessive sensitivity
- individual intolerance,
- tendency to diarrhea.
During the breastfeeding period, a woman limits herself to using favorite treats. How to make the menu varied and enriched with useful for new mother and crumbs substances? In the diet of a nursing mother should be peanuts.
Valuable properties of peanuts during lactation:
- strengthen the immune system of the crumbs,
- lactation improvement
- saturation of breast milk with nutrients
- getting the necessary vitamins and minerals for mom and baby.
Cons of groundnut
Any product that we eat can be compared with a battery. It has pros and cons. Despite the impressive benefits of peanuts, there are also contraindications to the use of this delicacy. If they are not followed, the body can be harmed.
List of contraindications:
- articular pathologies,
- allergic reactions
- thick blood.
If you decide to try this product for the first time, eat some nuts. Observe for a day the reaction of your body. If an allergic reaction is not manifested, then you can safely feast on peanuts. Do not pass the peanuts, because of the high caloric content of the product may appear overweight.
Extremely carefully peanuts should be eaten by people suffering from chronic illnesses. Include peanuts in the diet in such situations should be only after consulting with a health professional.
In order to prevent and strengthen the immune system per day, it is recommended to eat 50 g of peanuts. It is best to eat nuts roasted than raw. During heat treatment, the ground nut does not lose a single gram of its useful properties. If you control the amount of peanuts you consume, you will only benefit from it. Be healthy!