Forget-me-not - a tiny, modest and delicate flower, which is considered the main decoration of meadows and fields. Growing up quite a large carpet, plants create a patterned lawn. extraordinary beauty. It is not surprising that flower growers perceive forget-me-not not as a weed, but use it for decorative purposes on their site. The flower is very popular not only in Russia, but also in European countries, especially in Germany, Sweden, England and France.
This is a perennial or annual herbaceous flowers that belong to the family Burachnikov. Many people know about these inconspicuous and pretty flowers of blue with a yellow center. It happens that they are found with pink or white petals. The plant has a short stem and large, oblong leaves of various shades. The size of the forget-me-not is small, only 30 cm in length. The fruit of the flowers is a black nutlet, which consists of 4 parts.
Small flowers delight and improve mood. They can be added to any composition in the garden. With their unobtrusive beauty, they have won the hearts of many gardeners. The plant is very popular in landscape design. In many countries of the world it is cultivated as a garden plant. Flowers are undemanding to care and look very impressive during flowering.
Common species and varieties of forget-me-not
On the territory of Russia you can meet marsh and field. These small flowers are easy to grow, so they can often be seen in the gardens.
With a decorative purpose, as a rule, they are grown in areas of variety that have evolved from the forget-me-not of Alpine, marsh and forest. Varieties bred for growing in pots are no different from the others. Genus plants has about 50 wild species.
Forget-me-not marsh (Myosotis palustris)
These flowers grow in swamps and in the forests of Siberia, the Caucasus, Lake Baikal, as well as in Mongolia and Western Europe. The main difference between marsh varieties from others is a branched stem, large leaves and small inflorescences with blue or pink petals. Can grow up to 30 cm in length. The width of the bright green leaves is 2 cm, length - 8 cm. The flowers are rather large. Flowering plant in spring or in the first month of summer, flowering lasts until the very end of summer.
The species has several varieties, the most spectacular of them - Turerengen with dark blue flowers. On the basis of this variety in the United States received a variety of Semperflorens with bright blue flowers and a yellow center.
Forget-me-not English (Myosotis alpestris)
As a rule, this species grows in mountainous areas. Feels great on well-lit meadows. The species is characterized by a small rhizome and stem, 15 cm long. The main drawback of the species is the flowering period, which lasts only 7 weeks.
The plant has inflorescences of dark blue color and leaves of dark green. The diameter of the flowers is small. Alpine forget-me-not blooms in May and will delight flowering season 2.
Based on this species, many varieties of garden alpine (Myosotis x hybrida hort) were bred. The most attractive garden varieties:
- Victoria - may have flowers of blue, pink or white, small bushes - up to 30 cm in height,
- Blauer Korb - grade, long 30, dark blue color,
- Blue ball - compact bush 15 cm in length, flowers of blue color,
- Carmen king - bush up to 20 cm in length, flowers of dark pink color,
- Compinidy - a low plant, a bush of only 25 centimeters,
- Music - grows up to 25 cm in length, the flowers are dark blue color,
- Miro - low grade, bush reaches only 15 cm, flowers are light blue,
- Rosilva - A beautiful and compact bush (20 cm) with pink flowers.
Field Forget-Me-Nots (Myosotis arvensis)
In addition to beautiful external features, field varieties differ in some healing properties. The shoots of the plant are low, flowers of blue color (0.5 cm in diameter). Field forget-me-nots bloom 2 seasons, but there are also annual varieties of this species. Usually bloom begins in May and ends in late autumn.
Forget-me-not forest (Myosotis sylvatica)
This is a perennial plant that can be found in Europe and the Carpathians. It grows up to 03 cm long, has flowers of light blue color and leaves of light green. The flower has a diameter of 1 cm. It blooms from May for 40–45 days. It grows in forests and glades. Forest forget-me-not has many varieties that differ in the color range of flowers.
Conditions for growing forget-me-not
In the third year, the forget-me-nots lose their attractiveness (the stems branch out strongly, the flowers become smaller), so they are mainly grown as a two-year-old plant. Care and growing conditions:
- Lighting and site selection. Flowers grow well in the sun and in the shade. But it is noticed that in the shaded areas they bloom longer and acquire more saturated colors.
- The soil. Forget-me-not suitable moderately moist soil. Very nutritious soil is not needed because it will grow hard and bloom badly. But poor soils are also not suitable, and on a very humid place the flower reaches up and can get sick. Therefore, moderately moist soil is ideal for growing. Forget-me-nots love light and loose soil, so it is regularly loosened. So, the plant will receive more nutrients.
- Watering. Watering should be moderate for forget-me-not, which grows in a shady place. It is not recommended to water the plant at the end of spring, because at this time the soil contains a sufficient amount of moisture. Regular watering is required for forget-me-nots that grow in sunny areas. With insufficient watering, the leaves of the plant grow dull and wither.
- Fertilizers and fertilizing. Often it is not necessary to feed, it is enough to fertilize 3 times a year. Young flowers are fed 14 days after planting. For this fit liquid mineral fertilizers. In the fall should be made of mineral and organic fertilizers. The best spring dressing is humus and peat.
Ways to breed Forget-me-not
Flowers can be grown in the following ways:
- The easiest way to grow a plant from seed. The suitability of the planting material is easy to check. To do this, the seeds are immersed in salt water. Seeds that float to the surface are considered unsuitable for planting. Forget-me-not multiply by self-sowing, so the seeds are not sown annually. In the spring you just need to transplant a bush.
- Varietal species are best propagated by cutting. To this end, green apical cuttings (grown to 4–5 cm) are cut in June. The stalk is placed in water until the roots appear. Planted well germinated seedlings. Forget-me-nots that are grown this way, bloom in the same season, but the flowering is short and weak.
- The plant also multiplies by dividing the bush. You can replant bushes at any time of the year. They will quickly begin thanks to a well-developed root system. When ripe, the flowers secrete a lot of seeds, which showered and self-propagated. Young shoots appear near the blossomed bush. They are used for transplantation.
When to plant forget-me-not
With a seedling growing method:
- one-year-old forget-me-nots sow at the end of winter - at the beginning of spring,
- two-year-old forget-me-nots are sown in May - June. In late summer, seedlings are planted in a permanent place.
For winter forcing plants, seeds are sown at the end of winter - in early spring. Next, follow the deadlines:
- the resulting seedlings are transplanted in late July or early August,
- then at the end of September the pots are cleaned in a cool place (temperature up to 0 degrees),
- In a warm room pots will be brought in February.
With the help of these plants most often make out flower beds, flower beds, balconies. When making a design, consider the type of plant. So, swamp species will look spectacular by the pond or artificial reservoir. These flowers are not used as a hedge, as they have a short stem and small flowers. It is best to plant them in separate beds in groups. They look good in pots and stone gardens. Flowers are especially expressive when there are a lot of them. Forget-me-nots will look beautiful next to daffodils and tulips, lilies of the valley and ferns. And in the bouquet, they are harmoniously combined with pansies and daisies.
Poems about flowers are short but very beautiful
The flowers are pure, beautiful and innocent,
And give strength tide and beauty.
And I feel a special excitement,
When I see this value in reality!
Flowers and angels are heavenly beings ...
Flowers are like winged angels,
And angels, like white flowers,
They do not wait retribution and retribution
Heaven, they are divinely pure.
Flower - hope and delight,
And the embodiment of all
O rose! Queen of the garden!
Your magic is undeniable!
I seek my ideal everywhere,
And in fulfillment of a dream,
Slightly embarrassed and worried.
I give women flowers.
One is the shine of mimosa,
The other is the elegance of orchids,
But the Queen - only roses!
Mistress of my soul.
Never let tears touch
Her beautiful chela
I want to forever, like a rose,
She was magical.
Hello, my dear flower,
Forests guest spring!
How beautiful you bloomed
Here, in the privacy!
And playing with you,
The sun all day you
These are memory flowers,
Someone's feats saints
Someone's bright dreams ...
Only the fog cleared,
I opened my eyes a tulip,
The sun smiled sweetly
And he said: “And I woke up!
How beautiful it is here!
Just a miracle! Just a marvel!
And how beautiful I am,
Like a scarlet dawn! ”
The world of flowers is so warm and cool
A whole bunch of scents and sounds ...
Each flower is in its own elegant way ...
In the form of exquisite festive cups.
In the world of flowers, I wanted to stay,
Become a heroine of stories and tales,
So that beauty every day to admire,
Merge with the harmony of light and color.
Poems about flowers short beautiful
Flowers give us a mood
And inspire inspiration,
As a symbol of pure beauty,
It is very difficult without a dream!
And remains firmly with us,
Everything related to flowers,
The colors of the stars dissolved in them
And the world of love without torment and tears!
The influence of rays and heat
In the stalk the soul woke up young
Strong sheets appeared on it.
And antennae, and, flourishing gently,
Burning flowers opened,
As if in a feast a golden bowl,
All full of wine and every leaf
The beating of the heart was a gentle radiant.
How cool in most spruce!
I carry flowers in my arms ...
Are you good in the forest?
White tulips in a vase by the window ...
You will be the only one to admire them ...
... In the evening, the moon looks in that window -
She nod tulips that spring has come ...
Every petal they please ...
Smell, barely audible, but so dear!
Happiness is with you ... wandering, do not scare ...
White tulips - fabulous dreams ...
How does this white color suit you?
Light on white is a wonder of wonders ...
A fabulous bouquet shines for you
As if somewhere near a meadow, river and forest ...
I will collect forget-me-nots
So that you every minute
Blue forget-me-nots -
Let them be very young -
They have a miracle of beauty.
Take care of my gift
Take care of fate.
Let the flower is not too bright -
In it is my love for you.
Autumn Asters Barbed Anxiety
In September, the day involuntarily burn.
And it seems still quite a bit -
And again the cold winter will come.
But trust the flowers! They resemble
About bright colors gloomy sometimes
And the triumph of love proclaim
Over white impassive winter.
Flowers have a special charm
They are able to melt ice on the heart,
And she immediately got sick of crying
And plans for 10 years in advance!
You look, joy fills the heart,
And tenderness, like a kitten caressed,
But men donate them,
And shame somehow remind them.
Forms and varieties of forget-me-not
Many varieties of these wonderful flowers have now been bred:
- Alpine forget-me-not - this species almost does not grow in nature, but on its basis wonderful new varieties are derived. This is a perennial plant with a dense outlet and a short rhizome. The bushes in spring are completely covered with blue flowers. Reproduction occurs only with the help of seeds,
- Garden forget-me-not - on the basis of this species the varieties are bred: Victoria - with blue flowers and bushes that grow no more than 30 cm tall. Carmen King - flowers of a fuchsian color, height of a plant is no more than 20 cm. Indigo - a plant with flowers of color of indigo. All these varieties bloom in late spring.
- Marsh forget-me-not - on its basis they produced a remarkably beautiful variety with blue flowers and a yellow center. This is a perennial flower with large green leaves.
- Forest forget-me-not - this species has bushes with pink and blue flowers, flowering lasts a month and a half, a perennial plant.
Cultivation and care
Forget-me-nots are flowers that do not require too complicated care, they just need the love of a grower who will monitor the condition of their rhizome and lower leaves. This delicate flower prefers places where there is a thin shadow of trees and there is moisture. In sunny areas with timely watering, it will also grow, but here we must not miss the time for irrigation. The soil after each watering should be loosened for air penetration to the root system. Otherwise, water that stagnates near the rhizome can cause decay and the plant will die.
But again, if there is no watering for too long, the forget-me-nots will lose their magnificent flowers. It is just necessary on personal experience for certain conditions of plant growth to find a middle ground with a watering regime. Watering is good to do, without falling on the abundantly growing foliage. To do this, put the hose just in the center of the bed of forget-me-nots and with the help of a small jet pour it over. In this way, the roots are not washed out, and water does not fall on top of the plants.
Propagated by seeds should be in July, sowing them simply on the selected area of open ground. But for this you need to prepare it:
- Dig it,
- Sprinkle the soil with peat and humus,
- Dig the soil a second time to mix fertilizer.
After all the manipulations with the ground in the flowerbed, it must be leveled and not deep holes should be made up to 2 cm. Depth, where to sow the seeds. Then fill the seeds with sand and compact it lightly with your hands. Watering is best done from a watering can by sprinkling, so as not to wash the seeds from the soil. After that, arrange a temporary shelter over the crops of forget-me-not.
After about 15 days, the seeds will sprout, after which the improvised greenhouse is removed. In the autumn, to prevent the freezing of young plants of forget-me-nots, they are sprinkled with peat or fallen leaves. In the spring, after they sprout well, they are planted in a permanent place by planting in a staggered manner in 15 cm increments. In the first year, the forget-me-not will build up the vegetative mass, which by the end of the warm season will become a dense green carpet. Next year, this carpet will turn sky blue.
Among other things, this flower remarkably propagates by self-sowing. Therefore, if the bushes have taken root in the flower bed, then they themselves will be able to take care of the continuation of their life in the gardener's flower bed.
Since the flower has a powerful root system of small intertwining roots, then when the flower grows, it no longer requires weeding. It drowns out the growth of weeds.
With the help of this type of breeding can be well propagated varietal forget-me-not. Since the division of the bush preserves all varietal characteristics that seed reproduction of the plant does not guarantee. To do this, cut the tops of bushes up to 5 cm in length and planted them in the shade. If there is no shadow on the site, then it must be created artificially.
Reproduction with seedlings
Gardeners use this method if gently flowering bush should be obtained in early spring. For this purpose, seeds are sown in mid-autumn in pre-prepared boxes with loose nutrient soil. It is necessary to disinfect the soil so that the plants do not get sick with the black leg during germination. For this, the soil is shed with a pink solution of potassium permanganate.
Seeds are simply laid out on the ground surface. Before that, they are checked for germination in lightly salted water. Those seeds that surfaced are removed, the rest go to sowing seedlings. About a week later, the first seedlings begin to germinate.
After the seedlings begin to grow and there will be two true leaf plates on the sprouts, they swoop into separate containers of small size. All this is put in boxes out of fruit and placed in a room where there is no heating, and at the same time the air temperature does not fall below 5 degrees Celsius.
In early spring, they are brought into a warm room and continue to grow it as normal seedlings. As a result of these manipulations, the seedlings grow strong and stocky. When growing seedlings of forget-me-not, one should not forget to make watering in order to avoid drying out the clod of the earth.
In early May, forget-me-not can already be planted in a permanent place in the flower garden and wait for the May flowering.
The first dressing is done half a month after planting flowers in their permanent place. Also during the warm season, fertilizing is done with complex fertilizers for flowering garden plants. You can alternate between mineral and organic supplements.
There are three points that are just worth paying attention to:
- The first fertilizer is applied 14 days after the transplantation of forget-me-not into the ground before the moment of blooming.
- In the autumn it is necessary to make complex fertilizers on the planting sites of this plant.
- In spring, the place where forget-me-not grows, sprinkles with either peat or compost.
Forget-me-not often used in landscape decoration, placing it in group plantings near a slightly higher plants flowering with them in one term. Also, with the help of this plant Moorish lawns are created, which become covered with blue flowers in spring, and yellow flowers when viola or calendula flowers bloom in summer.
Rockery with forget-me-nots
Pests and diseases associated with the cultivation of forget-me-nots
- Too plentiful and frequent watering of this flower is affected by gray rot, which can be eliminated by using oxychloride.
- Powdery mildew that appears when excess moisture on the stems and leaves of a plant is disposed of with Topaz diluting 4 ml. drug on a ten-liter bucket of water
- Often on the leaves of the flower can be found slugs, cruciferous flea, separate species of aphids. Dispose of them either by folk remedies or by using certain chemicals.
There are general tips on cultivating this flower. If a flower bed is too overgrown with this beautiful plant, it should be thinned out in order to avoid rotting of the plant near the soil, to loosen the ground after each watering in order to give oxygen to the root system of the flower.
Forget-me-not - useful properties
But besides the remarkable beauty, this flower also has healing properties, as it contains numerous beneficial substances.
Forget-me-not began to treat even when Avicenna, they were healed of facial nerve paralysis. It has been used for various diseases, as it has anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties, therefore it is often used in addition to the treatment of bronchitis. But, like all medicinal herbs, it is impossible to apply without a doctor's prescription in order not to harm the body incomparably greater than the treatment.
Broths can be treated skin rashes and inflammation of the eyes. If it was necessary to cure the inflammation of the mucous membranes of a person, then use the fresh juice of the plant. The same plant is indispensable in facilitating the healing of wounds, cuts and burns. At the same time applied to the external wounds is well-kneaded grass, dressings are changed every two hours.
Tincture with intestinal tuberculosis
Two teaspoons of dried forget-me-not pour a glass of boiling water and allow to infuse for five hours. Strain and take orally one teaspoon three times a day after meals. The same broth is used for the treatment of bronchitis or other catarrhal diseases requiring expectoration and sputum removal.
Tincture for washing
2 tablespoons of herbs pour a glass of boiling water and put to simmer in a water bath for 10 minutes. After the expiration of this time, the broth is allowed to stand and filter it, for example, through gauze folded in three layers. The solution is ready for washing.
It is used for the additional treatment of bronchitis and kidneys. Also helps with stomach disorders. Tea is prepared from the leaves and inflorescences of forget-me-not, both in dried form and freshly harvested.
No visible irritations and poisonings have been identified at the moment, but this does not mean that forget-me-not can be used without medical supervision, since a person may have individual intolerance to this plant.
Harvesting and storing plants
Since the whole plant has healing properties, all parts of it are harvested. Harvesting occurs during the period of flowering of forget-me-not, that is, for the whole summer. Torn vegetative mass is dried under a canopy, and away from the sun's rays, because the healing properties of the flower are lost in the sun. It is also possible to use an attic for drying, but it must be well ventilated so that the plant does not spill out during drying.
After completely drying the plants, they clean it in cardboard boxes and sign the year when the plant was prepared. Since the shelf life is only two years. After that, the healing properties of the plant are reduced to zero.
Legends of Forget-Me-Nots
People know this flower from time immemorial, and there are many legends about it, which everyone talks about loyalty.
In which it is told about the shepherd who gave a bouquet of these delicate flowers to his bride.
Much time ago, a young couple who loved each other, walked along the riverbank. During the walk, the girl noticed a blue sky like a flower growing on a precipice, and the young man volunteered to give it to her. But getting it, he fell off a cliff and fell into the river. And his last words were: “Do not forget me” - therefore they began to call this flower forget-me-not.
The value of forget-me-not in different countries
The flower has always had a symbolic meaning for many nations. Forget-me-not is depicted on the emblem of the English King Heinrich Lancaster. This king introduced this flower into the heraldry of the kings of England, as a symbol of eternal memory and courage. In France, this flower is still considered a symbol of love and is presented in bunches to its chosen ones. In Germany, there is still a holiday called the day of forget-me-not.
In our country, forget-me-nots have other names, for example, it is called prigozhnitsa, feverish grass, gourd. Different nations have different legends associated with this flower, but they all share concept of loyalty and good memory. In Greece and German folklore, the legend of a shepherd named Likas is mentioned, giving his bride, saying goodbye to her, a bouquet of forget-me-nots.
They also recall the ancient legend of a couple in love who went for a walk along the river. On the edge of the steep bank, the girl noticed a delicate blue flower. The young man to break it climbed down, but could not resist and found himself in the river, which caught him with a strong current. All that he managed to shout before the wave covered him is: "Do not forget me!". This is one of the many legends about a lovely blue flower with a yellow eye, telling how he got his interesting name.
This flower is considered by many to be magical. Because a woven wreath from it and worn on the neck or placed on the chest in the heart area to a loved one is able to bewitch and hold it tighter than the chains. The roots of forget-me-not have the same power.
Prefers wet places. It grows in Asia and Europe, is found in America, South Africa, grows in Australia and New Zealand.
A plant can grow a year, two, and many years. Stems reach 40 cm tallbranch out Leaves depending on the species can be sessile, lanceolate, linear-lanceolate, spatula. The plant often blooms blue with a yellow eye, as well as pink or white flowers, gathered in the inflorescence - curl. From May to mid-June, the plant has a flowering period, after which a fruit appears - a nutlet. In one gram is about 2000 seeds that can be stored without damage to germination up to 3 years. Seeds are black, shiny, ovoid. After sowing, germinate in 2-3 weeks.
In spring, you can often see forget-me-not in English, French, German, Swedish flower gardens, because she is loved and cherished there. In Russia, it becomes an ornament to almost every garden.
Forms of forget-me-not
This genus has 50 speciesamong them 35 grows on the territory of the former USSR. These include:
- Forget-me-not Alpine prefers the stony soil of the Alpine belt of the Alps, the Carpathians, the Caucasus. Perennial grows, forming a short rhizome and a dense outlet of basal grayish pubescent leaves. Dense bushes from 5 to 15 cm in the spring wear a magnificent outfit from numerous flowers. On short inflorescences appear dark blue flowers that persist 40-45 days from May. This plant is very fond of light, which is typical for rock habitats. Reproduction occurs only seeds. This forget-me-not served as the basis for the withdrawal of numerous varieties for the garden. Alpine wild forget-me-not cannot live in culture.
- Forget-me-not marsh prefers to grow along the banks of ponds, streams, near marshes. It can be found in western Russia, the Caucasus, grows in the southern regions of Siberia, Central Europe, the Balkans, grows in Mongolia. The plant is considered to be perennial, but does not live long. Stems grow up to 30 cm up, branching strongly, tetrahedral. Lanceolate leaves of bright green color reach 8 cm in length and 2 cm in width. The flowers have a pale blue color, reach a diameter of 1.2 cm. They are relatively large and are first in dense curls, stretching over time, because they bloom from late spring to autumn, due to the fact that new shoots are constantly formed, while faded away die.
This species has several varieties, among which stands out spectacular "Thuringen", forming dark blue flowers. Based on the marsh forget-me-not Semperflorens cultivatedwhose flowers have a bright blue color and a yellow center. The swamp forget-me-not is propagated by seeds, they are planted along watercourses, the plant is used as decoration of the banks of reservoirs.
- Forget-me-not alpine garden - It is a perennial flower, in culture it is used as a biennial. This plant is very undemanding. Able to grow well and bloom profusely in the shade and the sun, but prefers penumbra. It becomes covered with flowers in the second half of spring. Central Russia can enjoy its flowering from May. Adapts to the growing climate and can withstand both spring drought and frosts (up to 5 degrees). Blooms profusely for about 40 days. From the end of June, the seeds ripen and crumble to form seedlings (in July), and by August they turn into dense beautiful shrubs. Popular varieties:
- Blauer Korb.
- Blue Ball
- Carmen King.
- Forget-me-not forest can be seen in Central Europe, the Carpathians. This plant has delicate green leaves, prefers as forest habitats, because it loves shade and moisture. The plant is perennial, cultivated as a biennial. Forms bushes that densely branch and reach 30 cm in height. Leaves oblong-lanceolate. Flowers appear numerous, sky-blue in color, reaching 1 cm, collected in apical inflorescences. It blooms about 45 days from May, forms a fruit. There are many varieties with blue, blue and pink flowers. For example, Blue Bird.
- Forget-me-not flower in nature found in the Alps of Switzerland. The plant is perennial, but in the process of cultivation has become a two-year plan. The plant forms large dark blue flowers, there are also varieties with pink, white and blue colors.
Forget-me-nots like shady places, but with increased humidity they can grow in sunny areas. The soil should not be poor. Watering is needed only when necessary, the jet goes straight to the roots. If the soil is too wet, this will lead to rotting of the root system, and the stems can also stretch. If moisture is not enough, then the flowering period will quickly fade away.
The plant loves top dressingtherefore, it is necessary to make the application of various fertilizers. Ammonium nitrate, superphosphate, and potassium chloride are suitable, the ratio is 2 to 3 to 1. Forget-me-not and irrigation with mullein, which is diluted with water 1 to 10, likes it. After watering the soil is mulched.
Propagated forget-me-not by seeds. In 2 weeks after sowing in July-August, shoots will seem, the next spring will already bloom in full color. Forget-me-not varietal often breed by cuttings. Cut the tops of the shoots produced in May or early June, after which the cuttings are planted in the prepared ground. Forget-me-not the superficial root system, which is very convenient for plant transplantation, even during the flowering period.
So that the plant blooms from spring, sow need to fall. They take a container with an opening for draining the water, cover the substrate, which is prepared from their turf soil and sand, in a ratio of 2 to 1. Before sowing, it must be treated with a solution of potassium permanganate. Seeds are dipped in salted water to remove empty ones. Selected seeds are washed in pure water and left to dry.
Sow right on the surface of the soil, lightly sprinkled with earth. Top cover paper before germination. In a week they should appear. After the first real leaflets appear, forget-me-not diving in the tank, the plant is planted at a distance of at least 3 cm from each other. After this, containers with plants are transferred to a cold greenhouse until spring, in March the plant must be transferred to a warm room. At the end of April, the forget-me-not is planted in flower beds, there may already be buds on the plant.
In the second method, the planting is performed directly on a permanent place, that is, in open ground. This manipulation is done in July, before sowing humus and peat are added to the soil, and nitrophosphate is added. Fissures are made into which the seeds are poured, and then powdered with oven sand.
These blue-eyed very stand in the cut. They can stand in a vase with cool clean water, being cut off, for almost a month. New flowers will be formed on the place of the withered ones, filling the room with the gentle glow of “spark”.
Name and Legends of Origin
Forget-me-not in Russia received other names. Most often it is referred to as a prigoshnitsa, feverish grass or gourd. There are many interesting legends that tell about the appearance of an amazing plant and its distribution. All stories are based on good memory and loyalty.
One of the most unusual tells of two lovers who went for a walk along the river bank. The girl liked the beautiful flowers of forget-me-not then not having a name, on the other side, the guy, trying to get it, found himself in a river and began to carry it away. He shouted to his beloved: "Do not forget me." Later the body was found, and a lilac flower was safely hidden in the hands of the guy. The girl decorated their grave, where the plant quickly turned into a bluish carpet. The stories of different nations are very similar to each other, telling about loyalty and love.
Features of the plant
The flower itself has some special features. Among them are the following:
1. Flowering begins in May and lasts until June or July, depending on the weather.
2. Cold resistance. The flower harmoniously adjoins in the flowerbed along with yellow wallflower and multi-colored pansies.
3. The plant loves partial shade and light soil, where its flowering reaches its maximum term.
4. The flower loves moisture, so when it is deficient, it pleases the eye with very bright shades. In a drought it is worth taking care of forget-me-nots especially carefully, watering in moderation
5. Forget-me-not perfectly interacts with mineral or organic additives. Among them is potassium salt, ammonium nitrate, compost and peat, infusion of mullein and superphosphar.