The Kalanchoe plant itself originally became a resident of window sills not for decoration, for its beneficial properties. Aboriginal it was used as a doctor and savior from thirst in a hot climate. For residents of the northern countries, the healing properties of Kalanchoe and its beauty made the flower a desirable home plant.
What attracts flower
Kalanchoe refers to succulents, that is, to plants that accumulate water in reserve and do not require frequent watering. The closest relative of this plant are Rhodiola rosea and stonecrop. The genus Kalanchoe is numerous, but only two species have medicinal properties - Kalanchoe pinnate and Degremona.
Flowers are very decorative. But a special property is considered the way of reproduction by children. Regardless of the age of the plant, from flowering, a baby develops on the toothed leaves in each recess, which can fall, take root and become a new plant. This kind of medicinal Kalanchoe - bryophyllum, germinating leaf. In addition, Kalanchoe propagates by cuttings and seeds.
Resistant to adversity, almost ill, a flowering healer became an ornament to almost every apartment. On the beneficial properties of Kalanchoe tell lovers, passing the stalk.
The benefits of Kalanchoe potted culture
Succulents care professionals and not so much. They create special conditions for their pets, achieve greater ornamentation, and bring out new varieties. But what attracts Kalanchoe lovers of greenery on the windowsill? First of all, its undemanding. Enough a few minutes a day to brush away the dust from the leaves, rearrange to the best place, check the soil moisture and the pet will be pleased. Flowering in the winter next to the ripening room mandarin, when all other plants are frozen in anticipation of summer, makes these plants pets.
It is already known that the plant heals the microclimate in the home. It absorbs magnetic waves, radio emissions, which are excessively many in modern apartments.
Put near the workplace with a computer Kalanchoe. The plant absorbs harmful radiation and brings invaluable benefits.
As a bactericidal plant juice is used to wipe hands before eating, if it is not possible to wash them. The ability of the juice to moisturize, retain moisture on the surface of the skin, is used by cosmetologists when creating care products. Aborigines still take baths with Kalanchoe juice to clean the skin, for quick healing of wounds.
The healing properties of Kalanchoe will help in cases of:
- in case of indisposition, you just need to chew several times the leaves, which have a juice with a slight sourness,
- when working in the heat, rub Kalanchoe juice into the skin of exposed parts of the body so that it does not dry,
- for bruises, cuts, burns,
- with colds.
Kalanchoe Degremona and Kalanchoe cirrus is popularly called the “tree of life” or “home doctor”. In folk medicine, Kalanchoe mainly uses wound healing and antiseptic properties of the plant. The study of the biochemical composition of the plant continues. In many cases, its healing properties have not yet been explained.
The plant consists of 94% juice, which contains biologically active substances. Such an effect on the body is a complex presence in the juice:
- vitamins C and P,
- mineral salts of metals,
- organic acids and flavonoids,
- enzymes and polysaccharides, tannins.
As a result of a complex effect on the body, a quick recovery of damaged tissues occurs, the release of bile is accelerated, the removal of poisons and radioactive particles occurs.
Tannins present in the juice strengthen the walls of blood vessels, vitamins help the oxidation processes, and rutin helps restore the circulatory system. The popularity of Kalanchoe is comparable to another medicinal plant - aloe. The main advantage of the juice is the ability to remove dead tissue and promote the regeneration of new cells.
The great Goethe daily ate a tablespoon of Kalanchoe kids, believing that they restore the strength of the body. But even now nutritionists advise adding one leaf of a plant to winter salads.
Leaves can be used to stop bleeding with cuts. Sustained in the dark leaves accumulate a greater number of biologically active components.
Kalanchoe healing properties and contraindications in cosmetology
Using gruel from the leaves of a medicinal plant at home will help with problems:
- fading skin
- capillary reticulum and enlarged pores,
- dark circles, wrinkles,
- freckles and age spots,
- like a cleansing mask.
Contraindications to the use of Kalanchoe juice in household preparations or in cosmetics can only be individual intolerance. Other known cases of the harmful effects of juice are not detected.
In order to prepare the tool you will need to remove the upper skin from the leaflet, and then wipe the face and decollete area with a lamina. It is easy to use this treatment, and the skin will look better in a few sessions.
With the capillary reticulum, the juice is applied to the upper layer of the skin with massaging. A slight burning sensation at the first procedures will confirm that the healing process has begun. After the massage, apply the night cream on the skin.
In order to get rid of acne and a rash on the skin, it needs to be cleaned with a decoction of leaves after each washing. The result will be noticeable after 2 weeks. If you add Kalanchoe juice to your hand cream and apply it overnight, your skin will become softer and the nail plate will get stronger.
To remove freckles rubbed mass is applied to the pigment spot. Gradually freckles disappear.
Does all Kalanchoe have healing properties
Only two types of Kalanchoe are used in folk medicine. They are decorative, not inferior in beauty to other species. But their difference is that they are viviparous. That is, if the children on the sheets are formed, this plant can be used for medicinal purposes. These types of Kalanchoe pinnate and Kalanchoe Dergemon are called. At the same time, the cirrus has stronger healing properties.
Kalanchoe: medicinal properties
More than 90 percent of the plant consists of juice with a unique composition. For example, it contains tannins that make the walls of blood vessels more durable, as well as rutin, restoring the circulatory system. Among the main healing properties of Kalanchoe, one should note the ability to remove dead cells and promote the regeneration of new ones. In addition, the plant has a tonic, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and hemostatic effect.
Also in the list of healing properties of Kalanchoe flower are the following:
- wound healing action
- the ability to inhibit the development of malignant tumors,
- antimicrobial and choleretic effects on the body,
- the ability to strengthen the body's defenses, which is especially important during a flu epidemic.
The plant is used for strong physical and mental fatigue as a natural tonic, as well as to cleanse the body of radioactive substances, toxins and other contaminants.
Juice, ointments, tinctures and tinctures treat:
- Diseases of the skin. Including bedsores, boils, burns, purulent wounds, erysipelas.
- Diseases of the ears, eyes and mouth. The natural remedy copes well with otitis, conjunctivitis, stomatitis and periodontal disease.
- Inflammatory diseases. Most often, the flower is used as part of the complex treatment of sinusitis, influenza, ARVI.
- Arthritis and arthrosis.
- Varicose veins
- A stomach ulcer.
- Serious kidney disease.
Benefits for men, women, children
The beneficial properties of the plant under discussion today are actively used by both men and women. As a home doctor, his various types are chosen, for example, Kalanchoe pinnate or Degremona.
Natural remedy significantly improves the patient's condition with adenoma and prostatitis without medication. To combat these problems, you can use fresh leaves of the plant or prepare an alcohol tincture from them. It is possible to begin treatment only after the final diagnosis from the doctor.
Men who do not like to contact specialists with delicate problems, use Kalanchoe juice and for the treatment of hemorrhoids. By the way, the healing properties of a flower with such a disease are recognized even by official medicine. Compresses are made from the juice of a plant diluted with water.
Indisputable use of Kalanchoe for women. For example, in gynecology, juice is used in the form of douches. The procedure helps to get rid of cervical erosion, accelerate the process of healing of tears after delivery.
The fair sex love to use different parts of Kalanchoe and to maintain their beauty. For example, its juice can be added to moisturizers or acne treatments, as well as masks for hair loss.
It is allowed to use plants for treating a child if he is 3 years old. For example, parts of a flower are used for a sore throat in a small patient, adenoids, and burns. The juice of the plant helps to cope with a runny nose and cough. When instilled into the nose, the liquid must be diluted with boiled water or milk, so as not to damage the mucous membranes.
Fresh leaves are used by patients less often. Usually, the juice is simply squeezed out. But the leaves of Kalanchoe with a cut off upper thin skin can be applied to the skin affected by eczema and psoriasis, as well as to warts.
Previously, the problem area of the skin is cleaned with water, after which the specified part of the plant is applied to it for 15-20 minutes. The procedure is repeated until the complete disappearance of the problem.
Infusion and extract
For the preparation of Kalanchoe infusion used 1 part crushed leaves and 5 parts of filtered water. Ingredients are placed in an enameled bowl, placed in a water bath and heated for about 20 minutes.
The resulting strained cooled means 2-3 times a day, wipe problem areas with skin diseases and varicose veins, and also purulent wounds and burns are treated. Used infusion to rinse with sore throat and gum disease.
In chronic colitis or gastritis with low acidity, it is recommended to drink the remedy for 30 days, 2 times a day, about 20 minutes before a meal. If the infusion is prepared for meals, 10 parts of the liquid is taken for 1 part of the raw material.
Instead of fresh leaves for the preparation of infusion and spirit tincture of Kalanchoe can be used dry extract. Today it can be easily purchased at any pharmacy.
For the preparation of alcohol tinctures taken 2 tbsp. spoons of raw materials, which is poured with a glass of high-quality vodka and infused in a dark cool place. 10-12 days after pre-straining tool can be used. When used tincture inside it is diluted with warm boiled water in a ratio of 1 small. spoon for 150 ml of liquid.
This tool can be used to treat prostate adenoma, gastric ulcer and gastritis. The tincture diluted in water is taken on 1 tsp. on an empty stomach in the morning and evening. The full duration of therapy is 35-40 days. As soon as the patient feels a clear relief, the dose of the drug should be reduced by 2 times.
For colds, use ½ h. Spoonfuls of the agent, diluted in a whole glass of warm boiled water. A mixture of 3-4 times a day rinse mouth and throat.
With a cold, the tincture is diluted with boiled water in proportions of 1 to 5. Means is instilled into the nasal cavity 1-2 drops throughout the day. Repeat the procedure can be no more than 4 times a day.
For varicose veins, it is necessary to daily rub the problematic area with undiluted spirit tincture. A full course of therapy is 15 days. After a rest of 10 days it can be repeated. Treatment respite alternate until complete recovery of the patient.
Since the medicine contains alcohol, it is necessary to consult a doctor before using it. Alcohol tincture is prohibited for the treatment of young patients.
Especially actively for the treatment of various diseases used Kalanchoe juice. It is easy to squeeze out the fresh leaves of the plant.
For example, when fungal diseases from such a liquid is a lotion. Gauze, soaked with juice, plants are applied to problem areas. You need to change it at least 3 times a day. Lotions are repeated until the problem disappears.
Compresses of several layers of gauze, impregnated with the discussed agent, are applied to purulent wounds. The dressing is changed 1 time per day. Treatment continues until full recovery.
For diseases of the genitourinary system and gastric ulcer 1 teaspoon of juice is diluted in half a glass of boiled water. The drug is taken 2-3 times a day shortly before meals.
For instillation into the nose, it is diluted with fresh milk in proportions of 1 to 3. The mixture is introduced 3 times a day, 2 drops. Every day you need to prepare a new solution. Milk can be replaced with ordinary water.
Ointment at home
For the preparation of Kalanchoe ointment, it is necessary to combine 45 ml of plant juice according to по g of novocaine and furazolidone, as well as 90 g of anhydrous lanolin. Components are well mixed.
The resulting tool can handle fistula, bedsores, any damage to the skin. It is important to use it for frostbite and boils. An ointment with varicose veins and acne on the face and / or body does a great job.
Possible side effects and contraindications
The active use of parts of the plant under discussion can cause severe allergic reactions both internally and externally. If the patient has noticed a runny nose, swelling around the eyes, nausea, skin rash and other similar symptoms, the use of Kalanchoe should be stopped and consult a doctor. It is very important in the treatment process to strictly follow the instructions for use, and not to increase the dose of natural medicines without authorization.
How to store
The most convenient way is to have a vibrant Kalanchoe flower on the windowsill and tear off its leaves as needed. Already pressed plant juice retains its beneficial properties for 7 days. At the same time it should be in a glass container. The mixture for instillation of the nose from milk and Kalanchoe juice should be prepared fresh before each procedure.
Self-made ointment is stored at room temperature for about a month. But the finished solution - just a day.
The longest shelf life is alcohol tincture (even cooked at home). In the refrigerator can be stored up to 3 months.
What does Kalanchoe look like?
Kalanchoe is an evergreen succulent plant from the Tolstyankov family. It is easy to recognize it - the plant has straight, firm stems, on which opposite each other are fleshy and glossy oblong leaves with jagged edges. The upper leaves are green in color, the lower ones may have a gray or light purple hue. The plant does not bloom every year, but produces unusual and very beautiful flowers with petals of bright red color.
The plant can be a real gem in the collection of any grower. Nevertheless, the use of Kalanchoe for the home is not limited to the external beauty of the plant. Appreciate the flower for the vitamin composition of its leaves, in which there is ascorbic acid, polysaccharides, minerals magnesium, iron, aluminum. Kalanchoe juice with internal and external use benefits health - and is actively used in traditional and home medicine.
The benefits of Kalanchoe for the human body
Useful properties of indoor plants are expressed in the fact that Kalanchoe:
- has antibacterial effect and helps to quickly eliminate inflammation,
- promotes the speedy healing of wounds, abrasions and burns,
- with internal use improves metabolism and contributes to the normalization of bowel movements,
- cleanses the body of toxins and accumulated toxins,
- beneficial effect on the gallbladder,
- helps the liver, reducing cholesterol in the blood,
- helps to stop the bleeding.
What does Kalanchoe cure
The properties of houseplants are used to treat a wide range of diseases. For example, the useful qualities of a flower are required when:
- stomatitis and herpes,
- antritis and periodontal disease,
- varicose veins and arthrosis,
- the ulcer
- conjunctivitis and otitis.
The juice of the plant, ointments and tinctures treat skin injuries and diseases of internal organs, eliminate infections and strengthen the immune system.
Kalanchoe during pregnancy
The sap of the plant is not included in the list of home remedies that are expressly prohibited during the carrying of the child. However, doctors recommend to treat the home flower with caution and not to use it unless absolutely necessary - especially during problematic pregnancy.
The fact is that the properties of the plant are still not fully understood. Все вещества, присутствующие в составе, через организм женщины поступают к развивающемуся плоду — и теоретически могут нанести ему вред. Кроме того, например, при лечении насморка каланхоэ вызывает интенсивное чихание — при этом сокращаются мышцы живота, чего следует избегать беременным женщинам.
You can give children Kalanchoe from a cold, cough and sore throat - but only after reaching 3 years of age. Potentially, the plant can cause allergies, so babies cannot be treated for them.
When using a home remedy for children, the juice of the plant must be diluted with clean water or milk. Concentrated juice can burn sensitive baby mucous membranes.
Recipes of traditional medicine with Kalanchoe
In order for the juice of fleshy leaves to show all its beneficial properties, you need to know exactly how to use a home plant. There are several of the most popular recipes for the preparation of therapeutic agents.
Infusion of Kalanchoe
For external and internal use not only fresh juice is used, but also a decoction from the leaves of the houseplant. Make it easy - you need to rip and chop a sufficient number of fresh leaves, and then fill them with clean water. Water at the same time should be 5 times more. Then the mixture is heated for a couple of minutes for 20 minutes, and then cooled and used for medicinal purposes.
- Kalanchoe helps from warts, infusion can wipe the irritated skin with any dermatological diseases.
- Kalanchoe helps with purulent wounds, because it disinfects the wound surface and promotes faster healing.
- The tool works well with varicose veins, they can also wipe the inflamed wounds and healing burns.
- The extract is especially useful for rinsing the mouth and throat with sore throat and periodontal disease - fresh juice is not used for these purposes, as it can leave burns.
- An infusion of indoor plants will benefit when used internally for gastritis with low acidity or colitis. The tool must be drunk twice a day just before eating a few sips. The whole course of treatment is a month, after that you need to take a break.
For the preparation of infusion are suitable not only fresh leaves of indoor plants. Instead, you can buy dry extract in a pharmacy - it has the same beneficial properties.
Kalanchoe tincture on vodka
Great benefit to the body brings alcoholic tincture on the leaves of the plant. Prepare it like this - finely chopped leaves are tightly packed into a small glass jar, poured with vodka on top. The jar is tightly closed and cleaned in a dark place for a week.
- Greater benefits will bring Kalanchoe tincture for the joints - in case of pain, it is recommended to rub the affected areas with this means using gentle massage movements. It is best to carry out rubbing at night, so that immediately after the procedure, take shelter of a warm blanket and give the joints complete rest.
- The tincture of Kalanchoe juice for colds will be beneficial - a vodka-based product can rub the chest and throat in order to warm the deep layers of the skin. The remedy is also taken internally - twice a day until the symptoms disappear. However, they do not use liquid in pure form - 1 teaspoon must be diluted in a glass of drinking water and only then be drunk in small sips.
Kalanchoe tincture on alcohol
Alcohol tincture on the leaves of the plant is prepared as follows - 2 large spoons of crushed fresh leaves are poured with a glass of alcohol in a small glass container, sealed and removed in a dark place for 12 days.
After the due date has passed, the finished product can be filtered and used for home therapy. If you have to drink the drink inside, you must first dilute the medicine with water - in the ratio of 1 cup to 1 teaspoon, so as not to harm the body.
- Kalanchoe tincture from prostatitis will be very useful - a medicine diluted in water, is used in the morning before breakfast and in the evening shortly before dinner. Just take the remedy need 40 days, and with the onset of relief, reduce the dosage by 2 times.
- The tool is used to treat colds - however, in this case, the healing properties of Kalanchoe will be good only for adults, children will be harmed by them. Half a teaspoon diluted in a glass of warm water and gargle 4 times a day.
- The use of alcohol tincture in Kalanchoe will manifest with varicose veins. It is necessary to carry out such therapy no longer than 2 weeks in a row - then they take a break for another 10 days.
Ointment from Kalanchoe at home
For the treatment of fungus, skin ailments and injuries are used not only rubbing juice and alcohol tinctures. You can make a useful ointment - for this, 45 ml of fresh Kalanchoe juice is mixed with 90 g of lanolin, and then literally 1/4 g of furazolidone and novocaine are added. Homemade ointment is thoroughly mixed until uniform.
Kalanchoe ointment for varicose veins, dermatitis and fistulas, abscesses and frostbites is very useful. The composition treats burns and even bedsores at the stage of healing, helps the remedy for abundant acne. Lubricate the skin with the product can be no longer than 15 days in a row, so as not to cause harm.
Kalanchoe from a cold
The most popular homemade drops of plant juice - they are great help with a strong nasal congestion. Before use, the product is diluted with milk or water to avoid harm from burns to the mucous membrane; no more than a couple of drops drip into each nostril.
Kalanchoe in traditional medicine
Official medical science drew attention to the Kalanchoe in the early 1960s. Studies and clinical trials were conducted, during which the useful properties of the plant were confirmed and it was found that the use of kalanchoe will not cause harm. And in 1966, the plant juice and ointment based on it entered the State Register of Medicinal Products. True, for a long time the drugs were used only externally - for the treatment of burns, wounds and ulcers.
Currently, there are preparations based on Kalanchoe for both external and internal use. They have antiseptic and immunomodulatory properties, therefore, they are used for a variety of ailments.
For face skin
The benefit to the face is that the properties of the plant normalize the oily skin, can eliminate rashes and age spots, cleanse the pores and relieve irritation.
- In order to clean the skin and even its color, they remove the skin from the leaf of a home flower, exposing the flesh, and wipe the face. After that, you need to gently massage the skin and leave the agent to absorb, and then apply a moisturizer.
- To slightly dry the oily skin, mix the dried leaves of chamomile, linden and mint, pour boiling water and insist half an hour. After the tool has cooled, the water is drained and the herbs are mixed with Kalanchoe juice and applied to the face for 20 minutes.
Kalanchoe for beauty hair
Useful masks and decoctions based on Kalanchoe strengthen the hair, make it thicker and softer, give a pleasant natural shine. Such a tool is popular:
- in small volumes of 5 ml mix Kalanchoe juice, garlic and birch sap,
- add a small spoon of honey and egg yolk,
- mix and apply on hair for 2 hours.
The head should be wrapped with cling film and a warm towel so that the product should be properly absorbed. Then the mask is washed off using shampoo.
For hands and nails
Kalanchoe is an excellent tool to soften the skin of hands. In addition, the treatment is carried out nail fungus Kalanchoe - antiseptic properties of the plant quickly heal the nail plate and cuticle.
- To take care of your hands, you can simply add fresh plant juice a few drops to a regular cream. It is better to smear hands for the night, and from above it is recommended to put on cotton gloves.
- If you need to cope with the nail fungus, then each of the nail plates is recommended to wrap with gauze dipped in medicinal juice - and also wear gloves on top. The procedure is carried out daily or every other day until the fungus disappears.
Harm Kalanchoe and contraindications
The harm and health benefits of Kalanchoe balance each other - despite the valuable properties of the plant, sometimes it is forbidden to use it. Namely, Kalanchoe cannot be applied:
- with chronic low pressure
- for cancer,
- with hepatitis and other liver ailments,
- with serious joint problems,
- with allergies to natural remedies.
The use of Kalanchoe tincture and other home remedies requires careful adherence to the dosage. If you exceed the recommended amount, the tool will cause heartburn, diarrhea, when applied externally, will cause harm to the mucous and skin.
Harvesting and storage
In order to properly prepare Kalanchoe, you must observe the following rules: do not water the plant for 7 days before picking, cut off the shoots and leaves, rinse and put them in a dark cool room or in a common refrigerator compartment where the temperature should not be above + 10ºС , chop the raw material to a mushy consistency, press, and put the juice in a cool place or in the refrigerator for two days, dilute the juice with alcohol (5: 1) and put it in the refrigerator, where it will retain its properties for a year.
Application in everyday life
Kalanchoe is a plant that has soft energy. It helps to improve vitality, mood, performance. Thanks to such a flower, a positive aura is created in the room. It cleans the air from germs and ensures healthy sleep. Kalanchoe juice is in great demand among women who use it for cosmetic purposes - to smooth skin and adverse effects. Rubbing the face with juice, many get rid of acne, blackheads and other defects. Kalanchoe nourishes the skin, improves its tone, improves the lymph flow and blood circulation.
Composition and medicinal properties
- Kalanchoe is a plant rich in healing and biologically active substances: flavonoids, organic acids, tannins, polysaccharides, vitamins, mineral salts, micro and macro elements (aluminum, iron, calcium, copper, silicon, manganese).
- Due to this rich content of useful elements, Kalanchoe is used in medicine. It is used by:
- for wound healing
- to relieve inflammations
- for the treatment of rhinitis, colds, flu prevention,
- to stop bleeding,
- to relieve pain
- for the treatment of felon, mastitis, frostbite, burns, fistulas, eczema,
- for the treatment of gynecological diseases.
- On the basis of Kalanchoe created such a drug as Kalankhin. Kalankhin granules are used in complex therapy in the treatment of gastritis, gastroduodenitis, chronic enterocolitis. Kalankhin treat burns, frostbite, purulent wounds, bedsores, nipple cracks (nursing mothers).
Fresh greens from bleeding and pain (including dental)
Gruel from the leaves of Kalanchoe can stop bleeding, relieve any pain, including toothache, get rid of purulent infections, accelerate the healing of wounds and postoperative sutures. From gruel make poultices, lotions. To cook gruel, Kalanchoe leaves are ground with a meat grinder. The juice is squeezed out of the resulting mixture, and the mass is transferred to gauze folded in several layers and applied to the diseased part of the body.
Infusion is used to treat purulent wounds, varicose veins.
Inside Kalanchoe used for diseases such as inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, tuberculosis, gynecological diseases. Use the infusion for lotions, rinses, rubbing. To prepare the infusion, the raw material is placed in an enamel pot and filled with boiling water. For ingestion, a ratio of 1:10 is used, and for external use - a ratio of 1: 5. The saucepan is placed in a water bath for 15-20 minutes, taken orally three times a day before meals for half a cup.
In parallel with the medicinal and physiotherapeutic treatment, take the following infusion daily for 3–4 months: Dissolve 1 teaspoon of fresh juice in a third cup of warm water and drink half an hour before meals. Also, drink diluted juice should be for the prevention of tuberculosis, if there is a patient in the house.
Topical ointment (for insect bites, eczema, joint pain, hematomas and bruises)
Mix 30 grams of juice with 50 grams of softened pork interior oil well (can be replaced with pharmacy lanolin or fresh homemade butter) and one ampoule of novocaine. Keep the ointment in the refrigerator for up to 30 days. Rub into sore spots. The ointment has an excellent analgesic effect. Pre-test for an allergic reaction to novocaine (a drop on the elbow bend - if there is itching and redness, prepare an ointment without novocaine).
Scientists know more than 200 species. Kalanchoe. Most plants have only a decorative value, so flowering varieties do not have healing properties. Medical types:
They contain a lot of organic acids, microelements, vitamins. Useful properties of the plant are used not only in folk practice of treatment.
Doctors often use medicinal properties Kalanchoe in the treatment of a variety of diseases.
Cirrus in its natural habitat reaches a rather large size: up to 1 meter in height. At home, the plant is smaller, however, no less beautiful and can bloom profusely in the second year of life.
Have Cirrus soft, upward stem is surrounded by growing opposite leaves. The leaves are fleshy, oval-shaped, pinnate at the ends. The medicinal plant blooms in soft pink or white inflorescences.
At Degremona, the leaves have an ovoid, very elongated shape. Sometimes the halves of a leaf even fold along the midline. The leaves are quite long, in nature grow up to 20 cm.
The plant is gray-green, on the lower part of the leaves are purple spots.
For therapeutic purposes, the aerial part of the plant is used: the stem and leaves.
More than 90% of the total mass plants are the juice.
- organic acids
- vitamins C and P, as well as many others
- mineral salts,
- micro and macronutrients,
Healing (healing) properties of the flower.
- It cleans wounds from pathogenic microorganisms, slows their growth and reproduction.
- Reduces inflammatory processes.
- Stops bleeding.
- Cleans affected skin from dead tissue.
- Quickly restores the upper layers of the skin after damage.
For all its merits, Kalanchoe is also slightly toxic, does not cause irritation of the mucous membranes.
Most useful properties The plants were initially noticed by not the doctors at all, but by the most ordinary people who grew Kalanchoe (a surgeon without a knife), and they used it as a medicine.
When processing Kalanchoe, with the purpose of application for therapeutic purposes, it retains many useful properties, and the prepared medicines are stored for a long time.
From the leaves of the plant make alcohol tinctures.
Ointments are prepared mainly from the juice.
Crushed leaves help in the removal of warts.
In the people it is believed that a few sheets eaten can fully restore strength, to restore the courage.
Kalanchoe helps cope with stress and seasonal depression.
The health benefits are undeniable. In medicine with his helpare being treated many diseases. What exactly Kalanchoe cures and how to apply it:
- Rinsing with juice diluted in water helps with inflammation of the throat, tonsillitis. And also it perfectly helps in the treatment of angina.
- Lotions of plant pulp help heal faster purulent wounds, leg ulcers and burns.
- Regular use of juice treats gastritis and gastric ulcer, reduces pain.
- Application will help with inflammation of the eyes (conjunctivitis and blepharitis) treated by instillation of Kalanchoe juice.
- Tampons soaked in the sap of the plant, reduce erosion, promote healing of tears, obtained by a woman during childbirth.
- The action of juice reduces inflammation in the urinary system.
- Regular instillation of the nose with the sap of the plant helps to cure both the common cold and sinusitis.
- Juice treat inflammation of the ears.
- With regular facial wiping with juice, acne disappears, skin oily skin decreases, pores are reduced.
Kalanchoe also has contraindications.
Very often, people make mistakes in determining the diagnosis, may take allergies for common acne.
In this case, taking juice can only aggravate allergies.
In children when bruising the eyes or nose with juice mucous membranes can inflame.
Consumption along with dairy products can lead to severe frustration.
Particular care should be taken to weigh the balance between risk and health benefits for people who have cirrhosis of the liver, hepatitis, diabetes mellitus, glomeru-nephritis, rheumatism, low blood pressure. Do not use for malignant tumors.
Kalanchoe more than one century is widely used in traditional medicine. However, it should be understood that Kalanchoe It has not only medicinal properties, but also has contraindications. Therefore, any treatment should be carried out only after consulting a doctor.
The chemical composition of the juice
Kalanchoe leaves contain more than 95% juice, which has a rather rich chemical composition. Most of all they contain flavonoids. Besides, juice contains a lot:
- triterpenoids that are able to stop the growth of cancer cells
- буфадиенолиды, которые относятся к группе стероидов и способны остановить развитие опухоли,
- полисахариды, органические кислоты и дубильные вещества,
The exact mechanism of plant sap on the body is not fully understood, but it is scientifically proven that it has positive effect on all spectra of the body.
It is worth remembering that the maximum effect on the body, the leaves have only when lie in a dry and dark place for several days.
How to harvest and store a plant
In order to prepare the juice of the plant you need to collect young and healthy Kalanchoe leaves. They are required to cut, rinse and place in the refrigerator for a week. After this time, the raw materials must be thoroughly crushed and pressed. To enhance the beneficial properties of the juice, it is sent to the refrigerator for a few more days. After that, it must be filtered and drained from the sediment. The juice should be clear or slightly hazy, while possessing a pleasant vegetative aroma.
Immediately after preparation, the juice can be used for the treatment of rhinitis, otitis, sinusitis and eye diseases. But you can also preserve the juice with alcohol and leave it stored until such time as it is needed.
At home, the plant is actively used in the form juice, ointment or alcohol infusion.
But more often used fresh leaves. This method is considered the fastest and most effective, because the leaves can be used immediately after they have been picked. The sheet is thoroughly washed, crushed and wrapped in a gauze napkin. This napkin can be applied to bleeding cuts, burns and boils, varicose nodes, inflamed gums and other places.
If you pour leaf pulp with vodka and let it brew for several days, you get a wonderful hair lotion and oily skin. And fresh pulp perfectly helps to restore immunity after serious illnesses. To do this, you need to eat every day for several days no more than a matchbox leaf or a teaspoon of the kidneys.
For the preparation of water infusion take the leaves, chop and pour boiling water. After that, the mixture is required to boil in a water bath for ten minutes. After this, the infusion needs to be cooled and bottled. The concentrate can be used for varicose veins and a large number of ulcers on the body. He is also treated with bedsores and burns, as well as eczema and other skin diseases.
Infusion is used to rinse the mouth and throat with sore throat, stomatitis, toothache and other lesions of the oral mucosa. In addition, it is actively used for douching in the treatment of diseases of the sexual sphere.
Kalanchoe extract is prepared by strong boiling of the infusion from the sap of the plant. Young shoots and leaves of the plant should be thoroughly crushed and filled with water in proportion to 1: 5. All this is required to boil thoroughly for fifteen minutes. Then the mixture should be drained and the resulting mixture a little more to boil. In order to preserve all the useful properties of the product, it should be stored in a refrigerator in a dark dish for no more than a year.
The extract allows you to make applications with:
It is also used in the treatment of problematic hair and skin.
Preparation of alcohol tinctures
To prepare the tincture, the young leaves of the plant should be laid loosely in a jar and filled with vodka to the top. This composition is recommended to stand in a closed container for at least ten days in a dark but warm place. The composition must be shaken daily, and after ten days the mixture must be removed in the refrigerator. But it should be pre-filtered.
Alcohol tincture is used for manifestations of varicose veins, otitis, treatment of wounds and boils, as well as gargling of the throat and mouth.
Preparation of ointment
Most often, the ointment can be bought in finished form, but it can be prepared at home. Its healing effect is amazing. The simplest recipe is to mix a teaspoon of concentrated juice with pork or goose fat. But you can use lanolin oil or butter.
The ointment helps to cure mosquito bites, burns, hematomas, pain in the joints.
Apply the ointment is allowed and adults and children, because it is completely safe.
What is Kalanchoe
The popular houseplant, found on the windowsill in many apartments, belongs to the genus of succulents with fleshy stems and leaves, accumulating a large amount of juice. On the territory of Russia grow ornamental and medicinal types of Kalanchoe. The most common ones are:
- A variety of Kalanchoe with pronounced healing properties is called “pinnate”. Differs in axillary leaves and red-pink lush flowers.
- Another subspecies, the Kalanchoe Degremona, is also considered healing. The leaf of the flower has a triangular shape with brood buds at the edges of the leaves. This plant has found wide application in medicine, cosmetology, and folk healing.
- The beneficial properties of Kalanchoe Blossfeld are valued less, so florists consider it a decorative flower, thanks to its rounded leaves and bright red inflorescences.
Chemical composition of the plant
The fleshy part contains up to 90% of juice enriched with bioactive elements. Flavonoids (luteolin, eupafolin, quercetin) occupy a significant proportion of all components. Also in the composition of fresh leaves include:
- triterpenoids that can inhibit the development of tumors,
- anti-tumor effects of bufadienolides
- organic acids, tannins, which have bactericidal properties,
- vitamins and minerals,
Treatment Kalanchoe refers not only to the category of traditional medicine. On the basis of the plant make preparations prescribed by doctors in the field of dentistry, otolaryngology, gynecology, ophthalmology and other medical fields. Juice flower is sold in pharmacies in the form of a solution with the addition of alcohol and granulated mixture. The drug is intended for external application. With the help of ointment, burns of mucous membranes are treated, and Kalanchoe extracts are taken orally for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and other organs.
With viral and infectious diseases
Kalanchoe plant - the healing properties of which are noted by many doctors, attach great importance in traditional medicine. The effectiveness of its components is proven against a wide variety of ailments. The composition has a powerful antimicrobial property, so that plant-based drugs are recommended to be taken to fight the flu, acute respiratory viral infections, prevention of seasonal viruses and infections.
In inflammatory processes
"The surgeon without a knife," as the plant calls the medical community, has an anti-inflammatory effect, helping to quickly eliminate the sore throat, itching from an insect bite. Rinsing with a solution of flower juice speeds up the gum healing process. Medical Kalanchoe can be used in the following cases:
- for the treatment of rhinitis,
- to eliminate gum disease,
- for the treatment of sinusitis,
- with purulent inflammations such as sore throat.
Drugs from Kalanchoe are widely used in gynecology and urology. With the help of a drug based on it, diseases of the urogenital system in women are treated - dishormonal mastopathy, cervical erosion, ovarian cyst. The healing properties of the flower are used for inflammation of the kidneys, cystitis. Juice Kalanchoe treat cracks in the nipples of the mammary glands during breastfeeding, with the result that wounds and painful sensations quickly disappear.
Kalanchoe juice - whose medicinal properties are valued by physicians and healers, when ingested, helps relieve inflammation of the gastric mucosa, increase body resistance, and normalize metabolism. The "tree of life", thanks to a whole range of anti-inflammatory effects, helps in the treatment of various gastrointestinal diseases. The drug stimulates the process of tissue regeneration, they are successfully treated:
- gastric and duodenal ulcer,
The use of Kalanchoe allows you to get rid of intractable skin disease - erysipelas caused by streptococci. The course of the disease is accompanied by high fever, damage to a significant part of the skin. Ointment from a flower or fresh juice smears inflamed areas. In the same way eliminate boils, eczema, skin rash. For the treatment of warts, mashed fresh leaves of the plant are used - a slurry is applied to the places of appearance of unpleasant formations, covering it with gauze on top. You need to change the compress 2 times a day. Therapeutic course lasts 7-10 days.
The healing properties of Kalanchoe are popular among oculists - they prescribe drugs for eye injuries, keratitis, corneal erosion, dystrophic changes in the structure of the eye. Instillation of the solution from the juice of Kalanchoe is made directly into the conjunctival sac. Since the range of eye diseases is wide, the dosage and concentration of a substance is recommended to be checked with an ophthalmologist.
Medicine from kalanchoe at home
The plant is considered to be healing and beneficial because it can relieve inflammation, accelerate cell healing, and fight against harmful bacteria and microbes. Homemade medicine, prepared from the fleshy parts of the flower, will always come to the rescue and will be a salvation from all sorts of diseases. Alcoholic tinctures, ointments, solutions are prepared from fresh leaves. The juice of the plant can cure a runny nose, lubricate the nasal mucosa to prevent ARVI.
There are many recipes for the manufacture of medications from kalanchoe at home. The most simple, affordable and efficient of them include:
- Crushed Kalanchoe leaves. Cut a leaf of a plant with a knife or a meat grinder. Wrapping the mixture in a gauze napkin, make lotions, compresses, tampons. This drug is the first aid for cuts, burns, bruises, effectively treats boils, bedsores, gums. The use of the inside of one leaf Kalanchoe daily enhances immunity, recovery.
- Recipe ointment. Mix one tablespoon of plant juice with 2% novocaine, furazolidone (0.250 ml each) and anhydrous lanolin (100 grams). You can prepare the ointment using butter, adding it instead of lanolin. Store the composition at room temperature, in a dark place. This tool treats wounds, boils, skin rashes, cracks in the heels, insect bites.
- Kalanchoe extract for internal use. Take the fresh flesh of the flower leaves, put it in a water bath. The mass must be evaporated to half the original volume. Strain the resulting liquid, drain into a convenient container. This tool is used for tonsillitis, the presence of problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
- Infusion of Kalanchoe on alcohol. To prepare the tincture, you need to take the fresh leaves of the plant, put them in a glass jar and fill the container with vodka. In this form, the mixture is stored for 10 days in a dark, but not cold place, then the liquid is carefully filtered. Ready alcoholic infusion is treated:
- varicose veins, rubbing legs before bedtime,
- otitis media, using 1-2 drops of tincture for each auditory canal at night,
- purulent boils, making lotions,
- stomatitis, periodontal disease, throat diseases, performing a rinse with a solution (1 teaspoon of the product per cup of boiled water).