It only seems that making a flower bed is a laborious thing. Of course, you will have to work hard, but, as they say, “the eyes are afraid, and the hands are doing!”
A hand-made flowerbed from a plastic bottle is not such a complicated thing. The main thing is to prepare the necessary material and clearly think through the entire work algorithm.
Why plastic bottles?
The answer is obvious: firstly, because it is the cheapest and most affordable material - plastic bottles are found in our lives every day. Secondly, there is a wide scope for the realization of their creative potential - plastic is very malleable, and you can draw almost anything from it. No wonder that they also carry out the design of flower beds with plastic bottles. Thirdly, they are rather strong and durable. By the way, with the help of bottles you can make not only a standard flowerbed - a round one, but also any other. There would be a fantasy! Plastic bottles are also a great barrier to irritating weeds and grass.
What you need to work
In the first place, of course, bottles, the number of which directly depends on what size the flowerbed is planned to make. It is only important to remember that their shape and volume should be the same - otherwise the product will look less organic. However, if this is an author's move, then, of course, the difference in shapes and volumes is quite acceptable. On a bed of small size, there are usually enough twenty-twenty-five 1.5-liter bottles.
Also, to create a bed of plastic bottles, you will need a spade, enamel paint (if the bottles are painted), rope, wire or twine, a pair of interconnected sticks.
The first and most important thing is the removal of various labels from bottles. If they do not easily fall behind, you can resort to using water. In addition, in order to avoid deforming the bottles, care should be taken to ensure that they are free of traffic jams. With the same purpose and in order for the flowerbed not to lose its original appearance, it is recommended to fill the bottles with sand before installation in the trench. In addition, they will be more sustainable.
And then it is necessary to take up the choice of a place in the garden for a flower bed and the decision on what shape and size it will be (if, of course, it was not taken care of in advance). Deciding on a place for a bed of plastic bottles (chosen, as a rule, between the local area and the plot in the garden), it is necessary to carefully weigh the pros and cons regarding this site so that later it does not happen that its location will cause discontent.
The next step - regardless of the shape and size of the flower bed, it is necessary to carry out marking and dig a trench, where the bottles will later be placed. Dug up the ground should not be thrown away - it is still useful.
Simple round flowerbed
You can map the circle in which the trench will be dug, by eye - if it is correct. And you can use a kind of compass - to tie two sticks together at the top. So the circle will surely be even. Another way to align the walls of a bed of plastic bottles is to take something large enough and round: a car tire, a basin, a bicycle rim, and so on, press the bottles around the perimeter of this thing, and then remove it.
In a previously dug trench in a circle you need to install the bottles filled with sand, bottom up. You don’t need to bury them completely, but they shouldn’t hang around the ground too much - about ten centimeters is enough. To make them easier to dig in, you can lightly water the soil beforehand - the main thing is not to make it too wet. When dropping bottles, it is important to ensure that there is no lye between them.
Flowerbed "Swan" of plastic bottles - perhaps one of the most common and unusual garden decorations. It looks really very fresh and original, and to make it yourself, special skill is not required.
So, for such a bed of plastic bottles (in the photo below is a “Swan”) are needed: bottles, plywood, white paint. By the way, it is better to take plastic containers not one and a half or two liters, but a larger one, for five liters - it looks more effective. The elements of the future composition must be painted from the inside - pour paint, shake and pour into the next container. Bottles digging into the ground on a circular perimeter.
From plywood you need to make a neck of a swan, while it is important to properly maintain the proportions: they must be commensurate with the swan body. The carved neck is trimmed and painted, after which you should carefully trace the eyes and beak on it. Then the neck must be dug into the place previously left between the bottles and sealed with bottles with tape, tape or any other material. Flowerbed "Swan" is ready!
Another popular flowerbed of plastic bottles (inferior, perhaps, only to a bed-swan) - “Ladybird”. To create it in your own area, you need to get bottles of three different colors - white, red and black (eyes will be white, wings will be red, heads will be black, and specks will be black). It is recommended to pick up small containers, preferably not more than one liter.
It is necessary to preliminarily measure the contour of the torso of a ladybug, along which then a trench will be dug. Bottles of the desired color are placed all along its perimeter - as usual, with the neck down. They must be tightly rammed into the ground. Inside the flower bed should be properly covered with soil.
Flower bed container
Large plastic bottles can be useful not only to create a swan, but also to create a so-called flower bed. Such beds are made in the form of all kinds of animals - hares and mice, ezhat and piglets.
Place the bottle horizontally and cut a hole of the desired size in the upper part. It is filled with drainage and earth, and then the necessary plants are planted there. However, before placing grass or flowers in a bottle, it is necessary to make a beast out of it. For this you need to paint the bottle in a certain color - depending on the selected animal. Gray is suitable for a mouse or a bunny, pink for a piglet, brown for a hedgehog or a bear. Do not forget the paws and face! A cork should be used as a spout, painting it black. On both sides of the spout, you can draw funny eyes and a mustache, and in order for the animal to have ears, you need to make cuts on both sides and insert cardboard or paper products there.
Another important point: you must make holes in the bottom of the composition - three or four is enough. Thanks to this action, the soil will breathe, and the water will not stagnate in the roots of the plants planted in the container.
Plastic Bottle Fence
In addition to the main structure itself, it is possible to make a fence for the bed with plastic bottles. To create such a fence there are two methods - vertical and horizontal. The first is easier, the second is more original. Mastering the border of plastic bottles for flower beds in a vertical way, bottles should be placed in pre-dug holes vertically and tightly sprinkled with earth, making sure that they are adjacent to each other and to the edges of the flower beds without any gaps. With the horizontal arrangement of the bottle is placed one on another. In this case, it is necessary to use a much larger number of them, as well as necessarily fasten them together (for example, with cement mortar) so that the fence will not collapse afterwards.
One interesting type of flowerbed of plastic bottles is a flower bed of two tiers. It is constructed in almost the same way as the usual one: first, the first “floor” is made, the entire area of which, right up to the very top of the bottles, is filled with drainage and earth. And already at the top is being built "floor" number two. In principle, it is not forbidden to organize anything and a greater number of levels in the flowerbed - this will look extremely unusual. As a rule, such flowerbeds are best located in the local area and in a small area. Saving space, they also allow to plant a sufficiently large number of plants.
Flower bed in the bottle
This is a completely different type of flower bed, it is also often called a mini flower bed. Such flowerbeds will allow to revive any corner of the house, garden, garage and in general any room, give it brightness and color.
How to make a bed of plastic bottles in the bottle itself? For these purposes, you need strong good scissors, an awl, several pucks, and also a rope. In a horizontal bottle it is necessary to make a hole of the desired size and shape (rectangular, rounded, oval and so on). Parallel to the length of the hole, two holes need to be pierced - to pass a rope through them, and to fasten the washers at the ends of the last hole. In the bottle you need to pour drainage with the ground and plant the plant. It is important not to forget to pierce the bottle from below in several places so that the soil breathes.
Decoration of flower beds
It is possible to make not only flowerbeds from plastic bottles, but also all kinds of decorations for them. For example, flowers - making them is not so difficult. At the same time, if you take not the transparent bottles, but the colored ones, and the products will be of various shades. And you can also make a flower of several layers, putting one bottle in another. If you pick up multi-colored bottles, this shape will look incredibly beautiful.
In order to make a flower, you need to cut the edges of the bottles and bend in the right direction. By the way, the necessary shape of the petals of a bottle flower can be given with the help of ordinary boiling water and forceps.
What plants are suitable for bottles
In this matter, everything depends on the creativity and imagination of the creator of the flower bed. For example, in a two-tier flowerbed, you can plant climbers on the sides, and in the center - any flowers that are higher than others in the flowerbed (for example, dahlias or irises).
In a mini-flower bed you can put not only flowers, but also greens - for example, dill and parsley. In tall bottles, flowers like petunias or begonias look good.
- The marking of the flower bed is most conveniently done with a twine.
- To a bed of plastic bottles for the garden seemed brighter, you can use painted bottles. At the same time it is best to paint from the inside - with the external processing method, the bottle will sooner or later lose its color.
- When using containers of different shape and volume, it is most desirable to distribute them around the perimeter of the future flower bed symmetrically.
- In addition to the vertical arrangement, it is possible to place the bottles horizontally - in this case a certain basis will be needed on which it will be possible to fix the bottles with the help of cement mortar.
- To make the border of plastic containers look appropriate, you need to take care of it - wash dirt off the bottles.
That's the whole answer to the question of how to make a bed of plastic bottles with their own hands. Wisdom is small, the main thing - the presence of imagination, patience and desire. And everything will certainly work!
Plastic containers - an indispensable material for creativity.
The garden is not only a place to grow fruits and herbs, but also a great place to embody creative ideas. Planting material requires certain financial investments, but free plastic bottles are suitable for decorating a flower bed, building an original border and landscape decoration.
Transparent plastic packaging - quite strong and durable material that does not collapse from water and temperature changes. It is easy to collect multicolored plastic bottles of different sizes - during the season each family buys a lot of packages of kvass, beer, carbonated and dairy drinks. Each product is produced in a characteristic container, so it is easy to collect dozens of transparent and colored plastic bottles:
- dark brown,
- bluish or blue.
Each color is suitable for the realization of this or that idea. For example, small white and yellow bottles are used for garden handicrafts in the form of flowers, from green ones - leaves for them. Larger plastic containers are suitable for original containers for single flowers or small plants. And the usual dark 1.5 - 2 liter containers are often used for the construction of the border flower beds from plastic bottles - photo:
Tip: Do not throw away plastic bottles after using the contents, because the containers can be filled with some material and build beautiful flower beds. By the way, this is another good way to remove the remnants of building materials from the site. For filling upturned and dredged transparent plastic bottles are used,
- sand and dry clay
- small pebbles
- expanded clay
- shell rock,
- construction slag and other bulk materials.
In the dark and opaque bottles poured and the usual garden soil, remaining after the excavation of the pit, a small pit under the homemade pond or the original flower bed. If desired, for the winter, these facilities can be disassembled or left as the only decoration for a snowless cold period. In addition to homemade plastic sculptures and flower bottles, the garden will be attractive and original until the time of flowering and blooming of trees. Capacities for liquids from plastic are used in different forms:
- partially truncated
- without top or bottom,
- with carved side holes
- cut as hanging pots.
As the practice and numerous illustrations confirm, the design of flower beds with plastic bottles is gaining popularity. Yes, and there is no lack of rational ideas, because in the hands of a creative personality, plastic containers are a wonderful do-it-yourself material. It is much easier to care for a flower bed with plastic fencing than for ordinary plantations without a curb. Plastic bottles connected in circles are also used to build multi-tiered flower beds or for low garden terraces - for planting low-growing flowers and rare plants.
You can even build a vertical flowerbed from the tanks - along one of the walls, a fence or another garden fence. To do this, form small flowerpots from the bottle and fix them in rows or randomly. They also grow hanging ampelous plants that require elevation above ground level.
By the way, not only plastic bottles are suitable for garden compositions, but also other packaging containers - buckets, cans and trays from under mayonnaise, ketchups, a tub from vegetable oil and other food products. From the windows of the attic, the balcony of the dacha or the high terrace, the original flowerbeds made of colored plastic bottles, lined with a pattern or ornament, look good.
Tip: If for a large-scale garden composition you cannot manage to collect the required number of containers of the desired color on your own, connect neighbors, relatives or those who bring you a bag of plastic bottles for a small fee.
The color of plastic containers often suggests ideas for creating garden decorations and flower beds:
- white and yellow for flowers
- green - for leaves,
- brown - for the trunks of homemade palm trees,
- transparent blue - for the wings of dragonflies and bees,
- black and red are ladybugs and beetles.
The shape of the beds and borders of plastic bottles
Well-planned drawings and drawings for plastic bottles for flower beds are half the battle and the key to success. First of all, decide on the theme of the site design. You may want to make a whole "Glade of fairy tales" in the garden for children. Then you need to think about the characters, their houses or habitat. If you want to make a blue lake out of plastic bottles, you can decorate it with white swans and frogs cut from car tires. Flower meadow of plastic flowers can be supplemented by insects of the same plastic bottles.
Warning: All ideas are good if it looks beautiful and proportioned. Agree, the bee should not be more than a flower, and frogs - more storks and swans!
The planned scheme of the site under the original flowerbed or garden decor involves scaling on paper or designation of actual sizes. For a bottle border rather beautiful contour:
- linear segment (from object to object),
- in the form of geometric shapes,
- in the form of a picture
- with clearly defined circles or squares.
The original drawing can border a group of plants or a whole green lawn for playing children. Sometimes there is a need for edging strips of stunted or seasonal plants. The color border is also good for isolating single plants from general plantings, which have not yet gained strength, and it is easy to break such a sprout without seeing it. When the plant grows and enters into force, the colored border from plastic bottles is removed.
Choose for yourself any outlines of a bed of plastic containers:
- elevated like an elevation.
На подвесные вазоны лучше взять непрозрачные чистые пластиковые бутылки, то есть не из-под растительного масла. Для того, чтобы они красиво смотрелись, продумайте, где и каким способом они будут подвешиваться на шпагат или цепочку:
- вдоль забора или ограждения,
- на металлических перекрытиях садовых шпалер,
- under the roof of a country house,
- under strong tall trees, etc.
For hanging pots are well suited any hanging plants with abundant flowering or fruiting, as well as with decorative mustache-layering. For example, there is a special strawberry for growing pots, ampelous varieties of petunias. In the summer, indoor plants such as chlorophytum are also hung out in the garden. These pets are not necessary to replant, just put the pots in prepared pots of plastic containers.
The easiest way to make a bed of plastic bottles is to lay out a recognizable mosaic pattern. To do this, you need a certain number of bottles of the desired hue. It is undesirable to make a ready-made paintwork, since plastic doesn’t take paint well, and over time it will peel off, it will not look aesthetic. Further, according to the scheme, a small excavation is dug, that is, the soil is removed by several centimeters, depending on the size of the tanks. Plastic bottles are filled with earth or sand so that they are not blown away, after which the prepared material is buried according to the scheme.
Tip: Caps from plastic bottles can also be used for colored mosaic patterns, for example, sticking them on the fence in the area of your homemade flower bed or in any other place.
How to build an original flower bed: practical advice
The Internet is replete with illustrations on the subject of handicrafts and flowerbeds made of plastic bottles, however, there are not so many of them near our entrances and in the garden plots. Therefore, loving a flowerbed made by your hands will be considered original. In addition, each "master Samodelkin" embodies creative ideas in their own way.
1. Color border of plastic bottles - the simplest garden decoration. Capacities keep within in the different ways, but most often they are driven in in the turned look, filled with the earth. Sometimes it is possible to meet inclined sockets, in the form of flowers that are tied at the neck and neatly arranged. Horizontal styling comes across much less often, but this method is also used for a border or decor.
The most commonly used are green and brown bottles, which have their necks cut and filled with earth. One-piece bottles are sometimes tied up and dripped. For the formation of a beautiful border suitable opaque plastic containers of the same size:
2. Plastic all-season flowers - the most popular garden decoration. You can create original crafts yourself or use ready-made illustrations. Part of the petals and the middle can be opaque, sometimes they are heated, melted and bent - for a more decorative effect.
How to make flowers from plastic bottles for flower beds - see the master class on the video at the end of the article.
3. No less original look flower beds, little animals and birds from plastic bottles to decorate flower beds. There are real masterpieces of home craftsmen and professional artists, but the most popular are birds:
4. Flowerbed-container or original pot of plastic containers. For these purposes, use a capacity of 5 liters or more to fit enough land for plants. Compact container bed can be easily rearranged due to its small size, so they are indispensable for heat-loving plants in the spring, when the heat is still unstable. Single, small, or collectible plants, such as succulents and lithops, are also placed in such pots.
5. Gnomes and other fairy-tale characters from plastic bottles - an excellent garden decor and decoration for a flower bed. This is another great idea to refine and "revive" your garden plot with handicrafts made from scrap materials. A cute gnome, a flying subtree or a garden lantern witch can also be made from plastic containers or bottles. Clothes for them can be sewn with scotch tape or crocheted from colored plastic bags or ropes so that the outfits of fairy-tale characters do not spoil from the rain. Attaching clothes and parts to the body is easiest with a stapler and tape. If you want their hands to move in the wind, attach them to flexible tubes for cocktails.
Best of all on the flowerbed looks “Glade of fairy tales” or fairy-tale characters, exposed by the group:
- Turnip, grandfather, grandmother and others,
- bun and fox,
- 7 dwarfs
- flying elves,
- 3 girls under the window, etc.
6. Insects from plastic bottles - the most popular crafts and additions flower beds. A large flowerbed of bottles laid out in the form of a butterfly with colored wings. The easiest way to make a flower bed in the form of a ladybug from black and red plastic bottles.
Bees are very popular because they are easy to make from black and yellow bottles of small volume, and wings - from a translucent bluish plastic. The bee can be one or the whole group above the flowerbed. To insects "flew" from the wind, fixed on a metal rod or hung on a fishing line under a tree.
Each idea or scheme of the flower bed proposed in the article can be implemented exactly as shown, but it is better to bring something different.
Flowerbed of glass bottles laid on the base
The main difference of this bed is that, due to its size, it is likely to be stationary. As a basis, an old barrel or tires stacked in a pile will suit. If there is a bottom at the base of the flower bed, it is necessary to make drainage holes in it.
To build a flower bed, you must:
- set the basis for the flower bed,
- prepare cement mortar (1: 2),
- starting from the bottom, put a solution on the bed base,
- lay out the first row of bottles, pressing them into the cement,
- Put the next layer of bottles on top of the first one in a checkerboard pattern, and so on - to the desired height of the flower bed.
When the solution hardens, pour gravel or pebbles for drainage into the flowerbeds (to the bottom), and the soil for plants on top.
There are still a lot of examples of flowerbed design using bottles, the main thing is to show a little imagination, and elegant flowerbeds will delight with their appearance all year round.
The procedure for the preparation of materials
1.5 and 2-liter bottles from carbonated drinks, beer, dairy products, etc. are suitable for making standard flowerbeds. The denser the plastic of the bottle, the stronger and more durable the fence will be. For the border is better to use colored containers, in extreme cases, they can be pre-painted. When forming the fence of the simplest flower bed, bottles of the same size or color are used, and when creating “mosaic” fences, you can combine containers of different types and colors to create a pattern. Here it is necessary to adhere to the chosen pattern of alternation, so that the curb has a neat appearance. Before using the bottle it is necessary to clean it from the label and wash it. You can paint the container from the inside, just pour paint there and shake well. Such bottles will retain their color longer than painted outside.
1. Horizontal curb
Bottles are stacked parallel to the ground in two ways. The first one is the simplest: a shallow trench is made into which the bottles filled with earth are put. The second option - cut the neck of the bottle so that there is no constriction. Bottles are inserted into each other, while the gaps inside the containers are filled with earth.
2. A round bed of plastic bottles arranged vertically
If you want to visually emphasize the flower garden, you can enclose it with a low border of plastic containers. In this case, you must first draw a circle on the ground, mark with pegs and pull the rope. If this is difficult, you can put the bottle around the hatch cover, wrap or car tire. According to the contour, it is necessary to dig a trench with a width equal to the diameter of the bottle and a depth of no more than 15-20 cm. The bottoms of the containers after digging should not be higher than 10 cm above the ground. Carefully adjust the bottles to each other so that there are as little gaps as possible between them. This will increase the service life of the fence. In order for the bottles not to be carried away during the winter bad weather, it is necessary to weight them by pouring earth or rubble inside.
Also, you can create a border with the help of bottles without neck. The cutting line is located at a distance of 1/3 from the top of the bottle. The upper part is not needed, so you can throw it away or apply for other crafts from plastic bottles. With this formation of the fence, the excavated earth is packed into the bottle. The container is turned over and buried along the contour of the flowerbed to a depth of about 5 cm. you can make a smaller trench than in the first version. So that the plastic does not look dusty and dirty, you need to take care of it, for example, during the watering of flowers, wash the curb with a watering can.
It needs a rigid support to withstand the shape of the flowerbed: a large tire, a barrel without a bottom or flexible PVC slate (preferably a thin-wall product to reduce space loss). To create a pot will need cement mortar. First, the cement layer is laid along the support contour, the first layer of bottles is fastened in it to the support, then again there is a layer of cement mortar and then the second layer of bottles arranged in a staggered manner relative to the first. It is better if there will be “flowers” bottoms that can be pre-painted in different colors. To beautifully looked and the upper part of the pot, you need to hide the neck as much as possible under the cement or disguise them with a layer of earth, moss, pebbles, etc.
4. Mini-beds from plastic bottles in the form of animals or flowers
If the whole garden or house territory is already ennobled, but there are still large capacities, you can additionally make “individual” containers for flowers. They are usually performed in their original form: in the form of piglets, hedgehogs, dogs, etc. A plastic bottle is taken, a rectangle is cut off on one side, and drainage holes are made on the opposite side. From the excess piece is cut eyes, tail, ears, etc. All parts of the craft are painted (small parts on both sides), and then connected. This mini-flowerbed is mobile, it can be moved around the site.
5. Fence or wall of plastic bottles
To create a high fence, vertical and horizontal supports (for example, wooden pillars and transverse slats) are needed. Usually plastic bottles are strung on a wire that is attached to the cross rails. Thus, even a two-meter fence can be built. The wall is formed like a flower-pot and also requires a rigid vertical support, which is removed after construction.
6. Flowerbed mosaic
It plays a purely decorative function, because there are no plants inside. Flowerbed mosaic is used to decorate children's playgrounds or house territories, enhancing the mood with its shape and various bright colors. Doesn't this ladybird cause a smile?
Thus, a bed of plastic bottles can have a different shape, be used as a decoration for the site or for growing flowers - it all depends on your needs and creative abilities.
Use of plastic bottles as fencing
For the protection of flower beds it is better to take one and a half liter bottles of the same shape. You can use containers of different colors, but then you have to alternate them in a certain sequence so that the finished flowerbed looks neat. By the way, bottles of different sizes can also be alternated.
The flowerbeds of the bottles look very good. Elements of such a fence can be decorated with flowers, which are also cut out of plastic bottles. The shape of the future flower garden does not matter. It can be a circle, an oval, a rectangle or any other shape. The main thing is that the building has clearly defined boundaries and sufficient size.
Plastic bottles make beautiful flowers that can be used to decorate a fencing for a flower bed: delicate, bright, varied and always striking with novelty.
Vertical bottle placement
This version of the use of plastic bottles is the most simple and obvious:
- Bottles must be removed from the labels, wash well and dry. Now the material for the construction of the fence is ready.
- For better stability and to ensure the strength of the structure, sand or earth can be poured into bottles.
- Finished elements of the fence are driven in along the perimeter of the flowerbed so that the bottle is fixed securely and does not stagger.
- The next container fits closely to the previous one: there should be no gaps in the structure. The bottles dug in succession gradually form the entire fence.
With all the ease of execution, the result will be pleasantly surprised: the flowerbed looks neat and well maintained.
Vertical fencing is made easy and simple: affordable, durable in all weather conditions and quickly erected - it will help to beautifully highlight the flowerbeds
There is an interesting video on the topic:
Horizontal bottle placement
It is a little more difficult to make such a flowerbed, but it looks very attractive and unusual.
For the flowerbed, a base is necessarily needed: usually half a barrel or even stacked tires are perfect for this purpose
The order of work:
- This flower-pot requires a base. To do this, you can take the old metal barrel, cut in half - already two beds. Even car tires stacked in a pile will fit. The size of the tank will be decisive for the parameters of the flower bed itself - this fact must be taken into account.
- Bottles are clean, dry and ready to go. They need to be folded in the vicinity of the container.
- Prepare a solution of cement and sand in a ratio of 2: 1. To them we will cover the tank consistently from the bottom up. The layer of solution should be sufficient to ensure that the bottleneck is well fixed in it. The container cannot be plastered all at once, because the solution may harden before the bottles are immersed in it.
- Starting from the bottom row, without haste, but also without delay, we fix the bottles with necks in the solution that is applied to the container. It is important to properly lay the very first layer, then it will support for the next one. Stacked in staggered bottles will create a spectacular framing flower beds.
- The work is simple, but it should be treated responsibly. Let the solution grab, otherwise everything will have to start over.
- The top layer of the bottles does not look too neat, because the “wrong side” of the work is visible - a cement screed in which the bottlenecks are immersed. It is better to hide this flaw at the moment when the inside of the flower bed will be filled with soil. The necks in the cement are decorated with moss, pebbles, shells or cones - any material that this part of the flowerbed does not shine through will fit.
- In the flowerbed itself filler must be placed in layers. The bottom layer is a drainage, for which small pebbles, expanded clay, brick fragments will fit. From above we pour the fertile earth. It is better if the resulting pot does not have a bottom: water will not stagnate in it and the roots of the planted plants will not sour. If there is a bottom, you just need to remember to make several holes in it.
A flower bed with a bottom is good for its mobility. If she gets bored in one place, she can always be moved to another.
Look, this pot is a work of art, and after all it is based on an old wheel and brown plastic bottles.
The advantages of using plastic containers
Plastic fencing has many advantages, of which the first is undoubtedly its accessibility. Bottles, we often just throw away, and then used in the case, so even with the mind. Such an elegant solution to the problem of garbage as decorating a flowerbed with plastic bottles deserves close attention.
Discarded plastic bottles significantly pollute the environment, so proper use of them is very important for maintaining ecological balance.
Other advantages of using plastic bottles include:
- Perennials planted in a flower bed will not grow beyond its borders, and the roots of weeds will not overcome a plastic barrier. This fact will greatly facilitate the work on the care of a flower bed.
- A kind of plastic fence will not let the ground dry up.
- The fence consists of separate elements, each of which can be easily replaced in case of its failure.
- Plastic packaging is a threat to the environment because it does not naturally decompose. This resistance of a container used as a barrier can no longer be considered a disadvantage, but an advantage.
By the way, you can even make a flowerbed from a single plastic bottle, if its capacity is large enough. It can simply be used as a flowerpot. Just do not forget to do in the bottom of the drainage holes.
Two mice or a whole brood of piglets - all these are flowerpots or flower pots, which are based on ordinary plastic bottles
Advantages of plastic bottles
Beds of plastic bottles fit well into any garden. Such fences have a number of advantages:
- Plastic fencing with proper installation get quite strong. As a result, the root system of perennial plants does not break through the plastic restriction, which greatly facilitates the work of caring for them.
- Bottle fences help maintain the level of moisture in the ground.
- Поддерживать такой забор в рабочем состоянии довольно просто. Если один из элементов повредился, его легко заменить другим, не задевая «соседей».
- Задумывая форму клумбы, садовод практически ничем не ограничен: за счет использования довольно мелких элементов будущий цветник можно определить абсолютно любыми контурами.
- It is known that the plastic from which the bottles are made does not decompose for decades. Hence, the fence of them will be able to serve for a long time.
Simple border from plastic bottles
If you have not tried to make flowerbeds from plastic bottles with your own hands, you should try to start small. We offer a step-by-step workshop on making borders from plastic bottles with our own hands for beginners. Of course, first of all, you need to prepare the material that will be needed for the fence.
According to the recommendations of experienced gardeners, it is better for beginners to start with the creation of a fencing of half-liter bottles, matched by color.
Next, you should mark the place under the flower bed, tracing its outline along the contour. We proceed to the preparation of material for construction:
- Remove paper stickers from all bottles. In addition, the containers need to be washed and dried.
- It is desirable to paint the tara, and it can be done in several ways. The easiest is to apply paint to the surface of each bottle. However, such a coating will gradually be washed away by rain, crackling in frost. It is better to paint the container from the inside - pour a little acrylic paint inside each container and shake well. Another way is to pour colored sand or pebbles inside and tighten the lid securely.
- Sand as a filler for bottles is a good way to make them harder and more stable. The fence from such elements will be stronger.
- The fence elements prepared in this way can be dug into the ground along the marked contour. The depth of the bookmark can be from 1/2 to 2/3 of the bottle height. You can measure the depth, focusing on the height of the bottom, which should rise above the ground. For the organization of straight sections, it is convenient to use a pre-tensioned cord.
- It is important that the next border element is dug close to the previous one in order to avoid gaps and gaps.
- If the prepared bottles pre-cut the case to 1/3 of the height, the groove for the fence can be made smaller.
You need to take care of plastic curbs: wash off dirt from them when watering the flowerbeds. Otherwise, such fences will be covered with dust, and the whole composition will take an untidy look.
Having mastered the method of constructing simple beds, you can try to make a two-level flower garden out of bottles. Such a construction will allow to streamline the plants, raise them above the ground, make the garden picturesque and cozy. In addition, multi-level designs look good near the house, they are ideal for decoration of a small area.
In a two-level flowerbed on the edges, you can plant vines or carpet plants. Further, closer to its middle, flowers of medium height are planted. In the center of the building, the plants that will rise above the flowering carpet — irises, phloxes, dahlias — look the most effective. Photos of such flowerbeds will allow you to find your version of the perfect composition.
The arrangement of bottles in several levels expands the possibilities
An exciting lesson is to build a flower bed-swan out of plastic containers with your own hands. First you need to cut the neck of a noble bird in a pattern of plywood. It is important that the size of this detail is proportional to the size of the body of the swan, the contours of which will be made in the form of a flower bed. Burrs on plywood parts should be sandpapered and painted. Then you need to draw the eyes and beak.
On the ground you need to draw the contour of the flowerbed - a circle or an oval, having dug prepared bottles all around. In the place where the swan should be neck, you need to leave a small gap. Then dig a wooden part there. That the neck well kept and did not fall, it can be fastened with a border by means of an insulating tape.
If there is a desire to create a white swan, then the wooden neck and bottles should be painted white. You can also make a black bird or a couple of swans by painting the flower beds in contrasting colors. Now you can fall asleep land in a flower garden and plant plants.
Garden swans will be a wonderful decoration of the dacha
Mosaic - garden decoration
Flowerbeds, which are completely made of plastic bottles, look good, and even a novice can build them. At the same time, plastic packaging is a fairly easy-to-use material. Mosaic for registration of the site at the cottage will require a large amount of source material, but to do it is quite interesting. Follow the instructions, following our recommendations step by step.
For the manufacture of mosaics pick up bottles of different colors, or pre-painted, as mentioned above. With their help, whole pictures of a mosaic type are created: animals, insects, landscapes, etc. The “ladybug” motif is ideal for the suburban area.
Flowerbed mosaic - a wide field for fantasy
The design of the composition is created in advance, drawing it on paper, as a cross-stitch pattern. Then they carefully think through the color solution of the picture and count the number of bottles of each color needed to create the composition. In order not to miss anything, it is necessary to act, observing the following technology:
- Prepare a calculated number of plastic bottles. Paint them in red (the back of an insect), black (antennae and dots on the wings), white (eyes) colors.
- Find a place under the mosaic, make the contours of the future ladybug.
- Pour an additional layer of earth on the entire area bounded by the contour. To build from it a slight elevation.
- Tamp the ground, then put on it the layout of the elements.
- On the entire border you need to lay out the stones, which will highlight the mosaic, create a restrictive contour.
- Only after these preparations can you start laying out the mosaic. To do this, choose the colored bottles of the desired color and screw them into the ground in the marked areas.
In the same way in the country you can make an improvised lake. To create it, it is necessary to outline the contour of an irregular rounded shape inherent in a natural reservoir, to overlay it with stones that need to be painted white. The entire area of the “lake” is filled with bottles painted blue. The whole composition will come to life, if you put herons in the "water", place artificial lotus flowers on the surface of an unusual lake.
Such images look beautiful on the site and make it special, different from others. At the same time, no special expenses will be required, except for the acquisition of paint. First, you can try to build a small flower garden, limited by a border of colored plastic. If successful, try to accomplish the task more difficult, lay out a mosaic image of this material.
The advantages of flower beds from bottles
The use of plastic containers in the arrangement of the flower garden has several advantages.
Perhaps the most indisputable advantage is the easy availability of consumables. Absolutely every family in large or small quantities buys cooling drinks, drinking water or household chemicals in bottles that are made of polyvinyl chloride.
Many people simply throw away the container after using the product, but some of the craftsmen improvise - they create amazing beds of plastic bottles, without investing a single penny of additional funds. Make an unusual flower garden with his own hands under the power of anyone who has a great desire and due patience.
The flowerbeds of the bottles have other features that explain the popularity of this "know-how" among gardeners and gardeners:
- Bottles of PVC of various sizes are a versatile material. From them you can make a fence for the flower bed, containers for growing seedlings, with their help, you can build a mini-fence and decorate the site in various ways.
- Perennials that were planted in a plastic container grow and develop according to predetermined limits, while not growing over the entire summer cottage. This quality makes it much easier to care for the plant, and also prevents various weeds from entering the flower garden.
- Bottles can be made with your own hands various fences, which will contribute to the retention of moisture, thanks to which the soil will remain constantly wet and will not dry out.
- If such a flower garden is damaged, it can be repaired easily and cost-effectively. All that is required is to replace the broken elements with new ones.
- The bottle stop allows you to zone the free space of the site, delineate the boundaries of the tracks, and delimit plantings.
- Reusable plastic packaging indirectly protects our environment. PVC is a very difficult material for recycling - its decay period in the environment can reach hundreds of years.
- Plastic does not require special training before using it in horticultural business. Bottles are very easy to handle with your own hands - they can be easily cut, painted in the desired color or glued.
- A bottle of PVC at first glance seems flimsy and unstable. However, this is not the case. If such a container is filled with sand and water, it will be able to withstand very large loads. The flower bed at the dacha will not lose its original shape over time, will not be exposed to corrosion from temperature fluctuations or an excess of moisture and will not collapse.
With your own hands you can easily make a lot of options for a small fence for a flowerbed out of plastic bottles. The choice is limited only by the size of the site and the artist's imagination. The originality of the garden can emphasize the multi-tiered and suspended compositions, as well as flower beds in the form of various animals or figurines.
Fences for flower beds
Bottle hedge can run ghorizontal or upright method. The second option is considered to be the simplest; it provides for the instillation of the container with the neck down into the ground. This method is best suited for creating flower beds, which have a complex shape, as well as in the delimitation of the plot into beds.
A peculiar curb of plastic containers for flower beds will allow you to implement the most courageous ideas of the designer. This can be a crocodile-shaped flower garden, a bright butterfly, a pond with swans, stars, and more.
This creation process can be broken down into the following steps:
- Sketch development. We display on the paper the layout plan of the bottles - their color, number and shape of the future flower garden.
- Material preparation. We clean the bottles, tear off all the labels, thoroughly wash and dry. If necessary, you can paint the packaging in bright colors.
- Plot marking. We denote the contour on earth, for example, sand.
- Fence installation. We dig a shallow ditch around the perimeter of the flower bed, the width of which should be equal to the thickness of the bottles. Fill the container with pebbles or sand. Consistently digging bottles into the ground, joining them very tightly with each other.
Despite the simplicity of execution, the result will only please with a neat and well-groomed form of a flower bed.
Placing the bottle horizontally, it turns out a full pot, which can be used for planting flowers or small shrubs. Before you start to lay a bed of plastic containers, you need to choose a support for stiffness: a large tire, a barrel without a bottom or a sheet of polycarbonate.
- Prepare cement-sand mortar for this you need to mix these two components in a ratio of 2: 1.
- We wash the bottles, then fill them with sand.
- We spread a layer of cement along the inner contour of our form.
- We put the bottles into the solution, gradually filling the entire form with plastic containers. You can attach both the bottom and the bottleneck to the cement - the appearance of the future composition will depend on it.
- We lay the second and subsequent rows in a checkerboard pattern.
As soon as the plastic container fencing for the flowerbed is ready, we place a drainage layer on its bottom and pour fertile soil on top. It is recommended to decorate the structure from the sides with moss, shells or cones.
Suspended flower beds are an unusual dacha decoration
The original and rather unusual decoration of the dacha are pendant flower beds made of plastic. They are used to decorate a nondescript wall, zoning the space and create the effect as if from a hedge.
There are two main ways of implementation, as in the past case: vertical and horizontal suspension.
Creating "hanging gardens" do-it-yourself with horizontal hanging:
- Mark the contour on the bottle with a marker.
- Cut a hole for flowers.
- We make two pairs of holes and thread a fishing line or a strong thread through them.
- We adjust the length and fix it by setting the ring at the bottom and tightly tightening the knot.
In such containers, you can plant herbs, stunted plants or ampelous flowers.
Vertical flower beds made of plastic containers are made according to a similar technology:
- We cut two holes on the side of the bottle, leaving the bowl at the bottom, into which the ground will be poured.
- Make a through hole at the base of the neck and pass the cord through this hole.
- Adjust the length of the rope, hang the pot on a metal hook or fix it on a horizontal bar.
To decorate the gazebo or to equip the patio, you can use single pots. For this we need: a buckle and a crochet hook, stickers, spray paint, a stationery knife, a 1.5-liter bottle.
- Cut off the bottom of the bottle, equate the edges with scissors.
- We drill holes in the resulting glass, making a small indent from the edge (5-10 mm). The distance between the holes should be 12-14 mm.
- Repaint the flowerpots or decorate it to your taste. We leave the workpiece for some time for complete drying.
- We knit the upper edge of the pots with yarn using contrasting colors.
- We thread through a hole a thick thread or independently bind the rope.
- We place the flower with the pot in the ready pots and hang the product.
From pots with muzzles of different fabulous little animals, you can decorate the playground. It is recommended to attach your little helpers to the creation of such a fake with your own hands - children will be very enthusiastic about participation in decorating the garden. Children can be trusted with decorating plant pots or selecting images.
Multi-level composition resembles a pyramid, which consists of several tiers. The largest diameter has the lower tier, and the top has the smallest. The number of tiers is usually chosen arbitrarily, but one should take into account the variety of colors for planting and the dimensions of the structure.
Flowerbed is made in the following order
- We select and sort the bottles. It is desirable that the capacity of the same displacement is used in one tier.
- Remove the labels and wash out the container well.
- Determine the boundaries of the flower bed and perform the corresponding markup.
- We form along the contour a large circle ditch. The trench depth should be between 8 and 10 cm.
- Install plastic from the first tier. To strengthen the design, you can win over the fence wire.
- We pour the soil inside the barrier and thoroughly tamp it in the center.
- Mark the boundary of the second tier, making the circle of smaller diameter.
- Install the bottle, gradually forming the next step.
- We pour the earth and in a similar way we build the third tier.
It should take into account some of the nuances in the construction of a multi-tiered flower garden:
- It is recommended to plant flowers of the same size in one tier.
- On the lower tiers it is best to place the plants of dark shades, and light - higher.
- Plants that tolerate high humidity should be planted at the bottom of the stage. After rain or watering, some of the water flows down and accumulates there. By moisture-loving plants include: irises, geraniums, astilbe, forget-me-nots, primroses and violets.
- Asters, marigolds, nasturtium and kosmeya feel best on top of the composition. These plants are able to safely tolerate a lack of moisture.
- It is very important to harmoniously distribute color accents. For example, contrasting two-color flowerbeds look very nice. When the color transitions from dark to light and from cold to warm, the compositions are very effective. For example: turquoise - purple - red or blue - orange - yellow.
It is advisable to pick up such plants that bloom simultaneously. Information about the timing of flowering and planting can be found on the packaging of seeds.
In the "plastic craft" Care should be taken when choosing colors.. It is very important that your product looks high-quality and impressive, the coating should not climb around from the rain and fade in the sun. To do this, choose paints that have an acrylic composition or use stained paints - the most expensive, but very high-quality material for decorating any plastic crafts.