Aphids are a very dangerous insect that can create many problems for different types of crops. Plants that are affected by the pest, stop growing and very often die. That is why, if you find the first signs of the presence of this parasite, you should immediately take emergency measures to eliminate such a harmful insect. Every owner of a garden plot should know all the information on how to eliminate aphids.
Aphid has very small sizes: adult does not grow more than 2 mm. There are about 4 thousand species of parasite, which differ in appearance. Ornamental plants and fruit trees are very often attacked by green aphids. Black aphid attacks on cornflowers and legumes. There are also cotton, melon, apple, pea, tobacco varieties.
There are even individuals with wings. But individuals without wings are also very dangerous, since they can move long distances with ants. Aphids multiply very quickly and massively - every two weeks there is a new offspring of about 150 larvae. That is why it is necessary to carefully deal with this pest on your site. But the struggle is usually very long and difficult. It is important to understand that in one season aphid can give 12 or 18 generations.
Pest sucks cell sap from plants, it can absorb all the nutrients. As a result, plant culture will wither and may even die. The leaves will be bent, the shoots will stop growing. The greatest danger lurks young and not yet mature plants.
Aphids release sticky substances that cover the leaves. Thus, the process of photosynthesis is inhibited. The insect carries very dangerous bacteria, fungus and viruses that can provoke various diseases. Tidy sites are the best breeding sites for pests. They love the soil, where there is a surplus of nitrogen or phosphorus deficiency. Fighting aphids in the garden is very important.
Signs of aphids
There are several signs that will help determine what aphid attacked the garden.
- there was a sticky substance on the leaves,
- under the plant there are white scales,
- plants accumulate a large number of ants,
- the leaves turned yellow and twisted,
- buds are twisted and undeveloped.
The substance that emits aphids is very fond of ants, because it is sweet to the taste. Ants that carry the aphids on themselves often appear around infected plants. That is why it is so important to get rid of anthills on the garden plot. When the first symptoms of plant damage are discovered, it is necessary to start exterminating the parasites.
The most effective and fastest method is processing plants with special aphids. But the use of chemicals is not everyone likes, because the substance gets on different vegetables and herbs, which subsequently a person eats. Therefore, treatment with chemicals is not considered the safest way to get rid of pests.
For this reason, gardeners and gardeners use more gentle methods, which include the use of soap solutions, special decoctions, tobacco infusions. Some people also use mechanical processing, which includes the destruction of anthills, as well as dousing plants with good water pressure. Some summer residents manually collect pests and exterminate them.
Folk methods of struggle
In that case, if the decision was made not to use chemicals, then you can try out folk remedies to combat aphids at your summer cottage, which will also help you effectively. But it should be noted that they are more deterrent to pests than to destroy. Treated plants 3 times with an interval of 7 or 10 days.
Processing is best done in the evening, on days when there is no precipitation. And after the rain, you must repeat all the procedures. A preventive agent is the use of infusion of wood ash, which need to process the leaves.
Prepare the infusion can be as follows:
- we take 300 grams of ash and 10 liters of water, mix and leave for half an hour,
- before direct processing, add 40 grams of soap,
- process the plant.
This is a very good method that can help get rid of aphids in the garden. It will take 10 liters of water, in which two tablespoons of alcohol are added, and before spraying themselves another 40 grams of soap should be added to the tincture. Treatment for aphids should be repeated after 2 weeks. It should be noted that after processing for some time it is impossible to water the plants. Must pass at least three days.
Soap - a folk remedy for aphids and the easiest way to be able to scare away an insect. It is necessary to treat the plant with a soap solution prepared according to one of the recipes:
- Laundry soap. We take 300 grams of pre-rubbed or finely washed soap per 10 liters of water.
- Liquid soap. In this case, you will need 125 grams per 10 liters of water. Ashes and onion peel can also be poured into the soap solution, so pest control will be much more effective. Prepared solution must be sprayed or rubbed leaves and stems. It is important to pay careful attention to the lower part of the plant, since this is where a large number of aphids accumulate.
- Green soap. It will take 200 grams of such soap, 20 grams of mustard powder and 9 liters of water. All this must be mixed, then add the blue vitriol. For 1 liter of water will need 20 grams of copper sulfate.
- There is another recipe. One and a half kilograms of wood ash is mixed with 50 grams of green soap, after which everything is filled with water with a temperature of +70 degrees Celsius. It takes some time to insist.
- Some summer residents apply tar soap. It will take 100 grams per 10 liters of water.
- An excellent antiparasitic agent and at the same time top-dressing is the treatment of the plant with a solution of potassium soap. It needs to be diluted 300 grams in 10 liters of water. After all the plants are sprayed completely, you need to cover the leaves, stems, lower and upper parts of the plant.
A soap solution helps very well to remove aphids from roses. Rose bushes can be saved infusion, which is prepared as follows: 100 or 200 grams of laundry soap dissolve in water, after carefully the whole plant is rubbed with this solution.
There are quite a lot of recipes with dishwashing detergent. But those people who have tried these options often say that the solution burns the leaves of the plants. So you need to use this method carefully.
Aphids can be exterminated with detergent.. But you need to be very careful with this method against the pest, because you can cause burns on the leaves of plants. Everyone knows that powders have different concentrations, which is why you need to carefully select the desired powder. For starters, it is better to try a one percent solution.
Before applying the above solutions at the dacha, it is best to try this tool on one of the plants to ensure safety.
Plants against pest
Household remedies are not the only ways to control pests. There are plants that aphids do not like:
- Red pepper,
- horse sorrel
Of all these crops, you can make very good decoctions and infusions that will help in the fight against pests, and you can also plant all these crops close to plants that most often suffer from aphids. Often in the vicinity of the affected plant, people grow chamomile, onion, garlic or mint.
Aphids do not like potato tops. That is why you can use this tool. One kilogram of dry tops must be chopped, add water, insist 3 hours, and then strain. To achieve greater efficiency, you need to add 30 or 40 grams of soap.
The pest is very afraid of infusions of onionsas well as onion peel. Prepare such useful solutions in several ways:
- 200 grams of onion peel are infused for 15 hours in 10 liters of warm water, after which the infusion must be drained.
- Onion peel mixed with citrus peel, then poured boiling water and settled for 3 days. After this period, it is necessary to strain the solution, and after each spraying it is necessary to dilute the mixture with water.
- 200 grams of onion heads must be thoroughly crushed and infused in 10 liters of water for 18 hours. Then it is necessary to filter all this thoroughly. Now you need soap (40 grams), which is additionally placed in the solution.
It must be remembered that large doses and high concentrations can burn the leaves, and some of them are dangerous not only for aphids, but also other insects, as well as humans.
Chamomile tea, coniferous plants
A very effective tool in pest control is pharmaceutical chamomile infusion. To prepare such a drug, you will need 1 kg of dry leaves and inflorescences. All this is necessary to insist 12 hours in 10 liters of water, then strain thoroughly.
Aphids do not like the smell of pine needles. That is why you can effectively apply folk remedies using conifers. Two kilograms of needles need a week to insist in water (10 liters). The composition should be stirred once a day.
Infusion is best kept in a dark place. When a week has passed, the solution must be thoroughly drained and diluted with water in a ratio of one to three before direct application. It is necessary for spraying. In the event that the solution will be poured into the aisle, then it is necessary to add in the ratio of one to one.
Tobacco and tobacco
Tobacco has insecticidal properties.This is exactly what makes it possible to use it in the fight against aphids. Tobacco, tobacco dust and tobacco are used to make a good brew. To do this, you need to take 200 grams of dry leaves of tobacco or tobacco, chop everything and pour 5 liters of water, then insist for a day. The liquid must be brought to 10 liters, after boiling for 2 hours on low heat.
How to deal with aphids on Kalina
The pest loves viburnum. An effective solution to protect the plant from the aphid colony on the tree is the one that is made from tobacco dust and tobacco.
You will need one glass of tobacco and tobacco, as much ash, one tablespoon of liquid soap and mustard. All this needs to be mixed and filled with three liters of water with a temperature of +80 degrees. All components must be mixed and infused for 2 hours, then filtered. Water must be brought to the amount of 10 liters. When the solution is ready, it is necessary to treat the underside of the leaves 3 times with an interval of 6–8 days.
Birds and insects against the pest
Aphids can be destroyed not only with the help of various solutions and decoctions. There are natural enemies:
- praying mantises
- bed bugs.
Some birds also love to eat pests:
That is why for preventive purposes, as well as for pest control, it is necessary to attract them to your garden with feeders and nests. To lure insects that eat aphids, you need to plant on your site plants that they love. This is parsley and carrot.
Finally, you can bring a few more recommendations..
- Shrubs and trees with fruits must be processed three times: when the buds appear, after flowering, two weeks before harvest.
- Berries should be sprayed before flowering, as well as after harvesting the fruit.
- Last processing is best done a month before picking vegetables.
- It must be remembered that when using potatoes and tobacco, the plant cannot be used as food after processing for 10 days.
Since the aphid can cause significant damage to the carefully cultivated garden and horticultural crops, it must be dealt with by choosing the most convenient methods.
Ladybug feeds on aphids
The external world is brilliantly harmonious and must be able to use it. It is known that aphids have their own natural enemies, it is necessary to create favorable conditions for their reproduction. For example, aphid and a ladybug do not get along in one area.
Soap solution + ash
Preparing a composition of 300 g of ordinary soap and 10 liters of water. There is a more modern interpretation of this recipe: 125 ml of liquid soap per 10 liters of water.
Black aphids, parasitizing in such quantity, are first cleaned off with their hands, and then the plant is sprayed.
- Onion. Onion peel and 35 g of chopped onion are filled in with 1 l of water and infused for 5 hours. Then add 3-5 g of household soap. The composition is filtered and water is brought to a volume of 1 l.
- Chamomile. In 1 liter of water is added dry stem and inflorescences of pharmaceutical chamomile. The composition is infused for 12 hours, then filtered and some soap is added (4-5 g). This concentrate is diluted before spraying at the rate of 1 part infusion for 3 parts water.
- Garlic Crushed 200 g of garlic. This gruel is diluted with 1 liter of water and infused under the lid for 5 days. Before spraying, a composition of 25 ml of garlic concentrate + 10 l of water is prepared.
- Velvet For half a bucket of shredded marigolds (stems + flowers), we have a half bucket of water. Infusion time - 48 hours. Strain, add 40 g of soap, dilute in 10 liters of water.
- Pepper. Suitable pepper fresh capsicum - 1 kg or 300 g dry. The amount of water - 10 liters. Before spraying infusion diluted at the rate of 1:10.
Attention! Previously, tobacco liqueur was very popular, but today the “fashion” for it has passed. It is believed that nicotine is present in the leaves of tobacco, it is transmitted to water infusion, and through it is absorbed by the leaves of vegetables and horticultural crops. As a result, this harmful substance enters the fruit, and then into the human body.
Fighting domestic aphids
Unfortunately, a small black, yellow or green insect inhabits our housing. She loves home flowers, causing them serious damage. An unpleasant surprise is also the fact that some species of aphids inhabit only one plant, the so-called host. And there are those that apply to any indoor flowers indiscriminately.
Attention! Aphid is an insect whose body length can be from 0.5 to 2 mm. She has a soft body. There are its winged and wingless species. In the world there are about 4 thousand species of aphids. Of these, more than 1 thousand lives on the territory of the European continent.
Aphids multiply very quickly - in this case, the plant will at least be sick for a long time, after spraying
Houseplants this pest causes exactly the same damage as the garden. Namely, the aphid sucks the juice out of the soft, juicy parts. As a rule, these are young shoots and leaves. The parasite exhibits high activity only in the warm period of the year.
We use the means at hand
- Milk-iodine solution. For 1 liter of fresh, better skim milk, accounts for 25-30 drops of iodine. So compositions of green home pets are processed every 10 days.
- Vodka. This is the famous "cure for all diseases." Use - it is easier to imagine. Put a spray bottle on the bottle and process the plants. Experts say that the effect is beyond praise. The only negative is a little expensive when compared with other folk remedies.
- Coca Cola. This is the American version of getting rid of aphids on domestic plants. We need to act by analogy with vodka. A spray bottle is put on the drink bottle and the plant is sprayed. The effectiveness is explained by the presence in the composition of orthophosphoric acid, which is detrimental to the nasty petty "midge".
- Cream + essential oil. On 1 glass of fresh cream there are 15 drops of lavender (tea tree, cedar) essential oil. The composition is diluted with 2 liters of water. Spraying must be done every other day. The result is not long in coming.
- Sunflower oil + water. In 8 liters of water, crush 1 cup of sunflower oil and mix well. The tool is suitable for washing the trunks, and for spraying the leaves. Fans of the method claim that it is enough to apply this remedy for aphids 2-3 times during the warm season.
Attention! The intensity and frequency of the struggle with any folk remedy depends on the stage of infection. If you pay attention to the problem on time, then you can remove the pest mechanically - just the plant is wiped with a gloved hand. As a prophylactic, you can use a solution of household soap.
Companion plants aphid scare away
Our grandmothers also knew how to get rid of aphids quickly and forever - you just need to put a pot of pelargonium fragrant on the windowsill. This flower, forming inflorescences almost all year round, will scare away aphids and other pests (midges, mosquitoes, moths), and will also delight the eye with bright inflorescences.
Oregano or basil will scare away aphids
In the garden it is necessary to find a place:
- spicy herbs - rosemary, oregano, mint,
- sideratam - alfalfa, horse beans, clover, clover, buckwheat, rye, mustard, etc.
И самое главное: популяция тли развивается мгновенно, поэтому при первых признаках поражения необходимо принимать действенные экстренные меры. А еще лучше периодически необходимо проводить профилактические опрыскивания, чтобы не сталкиваться с необходимость решения такой проблемы в принципе.
Чем опасна тля
Листовая тля быстро ослабляет молодые растения, высасывая их клеточный сок. Одновременно она выделяет ещё и яд, из-за которого листья скручиваются, деформируются и отмирают, побеги останавливаются в росте, верхушки искривляются. Sweet discharge (natural administration) contaminates the leaf surface, disrupting the normal vital activity of plants.
Saliva can infect plants with harmful viruses, which can lead to extensive damage, especially in gardens or professional rose gardens. When the aphid colonies become too large, the leaves and young shoots dry out and die.
The greatest harm aphid inflicts young seedlings of fruit trees.
Aphids can produce up to 50 generations per summer.
If you do not use any special techniques against this pest, the aphid will be completely natural, without straining, giving up to 50 generations over the summer, will cause significant damage to anyone, even the most well-groomed summer cottage. Not without reason, in the northern hemisphere alone, about 450 species of leaf aphid are among the most significant pests of agriculture, forestry and horticulture.
You need to fight with aphids
To fight with aphids is extremely difficult: it multiplies rapidly and constantly. Therefore, we must try to get rid of it faster than it will save us from the harvest.
2. How does aphid appear on plants?
Most often it is carried by ants. (The interaction of ants and aphids is described in detail in the article Aphid and Ant). The relationships of these small insects are very touching and cause a kind smile, which, however, quickly disappears from the face when looking at the curled leaves of currants and the buds of favorite flowers covered with parasites)
So, ants need a sweet syrup that gives aphids, feeding on the sap of the plant. Therefore, the ants will constantly deliver to the young leaves more and more new sokopiyts. Moreover, they will also protect them from all enemies. Therefore, our task is to separate them, to block the ants from accessing the corpses.
4. Are all methods of struggle suitable?
Aphid colonies are always numerous, they infect a multitude of plants, therefore, they will have to carry out treatments repeatedly. The use of chemical drugs will inevitably lead to the fact that the earth and plants, being saturated with poisons, will sooner or later send all of them straight to our organisms. Therefore, our task is find those methods of struggle that will not kill ourselves.
And these methods are there, and they are becoming more and more, because neither science nor the dacha folk art can be stopped.
Sol-soap and soap spraying (bathing)
Soap washing and spraying - the second (after the usual washing of aphids from plants with a stream of water) is an easy method of control. It does not require special costs and labors: there is water in any household, and it is not difficult to rub the laundry soap on the grater.
How to prepare a soap solution for spraying and apply it, see the following video:
- 300 g of soap for 10 liters of water. You can replace the liquid soap, then you need only 125 ml per 10 liters of water.
- Dilute 100 g of tar soap in 10 liters of water.
- 250-300 g of ash boil in 10 liters of water for 30 minutes, before spraying, you can add 40 g of soap, and you can wash the plants with a simple ash solution.
Despite the fact that herbal infusions and decoctions are not chemicals, we should not lose sight of the fact that they:
- in high concentration can cause burns in plants
- can be dangerous not only for aphids, but also for other insects,
- at least some of them are poisonous to humans.
Therefore, it is necessary to use such preparations wisely, observing safety measures, recipes and rules of application:
- any solutions before first use, you must first check on a limited area, and only then, having convinced of the effectiveness of the means, apply it on the whole area,
- fruit crops can be treated with decoctions and infusions during the budding period, immediately after flowering and no later than 14-40 days before harvesting,
- berry cultures are recommended to be treated with infusions before flowering and after the berries are picked,
- Vegetables can be sprayed with infusions of herbs for the last time no later than a month before fruit is removed.
Observing these simple rules, you will inflict irreparable damage on your ame, and do not harm yourself :) But the most successful recipes of plant infusions from aphids, which are offered by our summer residents:
- 100 g of dry grass and inflorescences of chamomile pharmacy infuse 12 hours in 1 liter of water. Spray with a solution: 1 part of the infusion and 3 parts of water, with the addition of soap (at the rate of 4 g per 1 l of solution),
- 250 g of chamomile flowers Dalmatian (Caucasian) crushed into powder, mix in water. Spraying is carried out immediately after preparation.
- 400 g leaves and 200 g of the roots of flowering dandelions insist 3-4 hours in 10 liters of water.
- 30 g of dry leaves and dandelion root insist 3 hours in 10 liters of water.
This method of dealing with aphids is one of the most common. Herbal decoctions are insecticidal, fungicidal and anti-infective properties and are very effective in the fight against insect pests.
Here are the plants that are most often used to make decoctions, and popular recipes for herbal decoctions against aphids:
- Tomato plant
- Hot peppers
No less effective are the decoctions of shields, wormwood, tansy and rhubarb.
Creative and "kitchen" methods of dealing with aphids
Sometimes the most common product can be an excellent means of controlling plant pests. Yes, and the savvy of our summer residents sometimes just causes admiration.
- Vodka Russian ordinary
- Coca-Cola (American)
- Sprinkling with essential oils with cream
- Washing with a suspension of sunflower oil with water
- Milk and iodine
- Fumigation with tobacco smoke
Fumigating trees and bushes with smoke has long been used by our grandfathers-great-grandfathers to save plants from short-term frosts. Today, summer residents are expanding the "smoky" range.
Some suggest using ambiguous methods such as rubber burning smoke, wiper and even gas stove cleaner. Of course, for fruit crops such methods are completely unacceptable. Whether to apply them on ornamental plants - everyone decides for himself. If you want to experiment, see how the author of the following video fights with aphids:
Go to the list of allies)
With their phytoncides (volatile odorous substances) they repel aphids. These are herbs with a pronounced smell - marigolds and coriander, onions and garlic, mint and fennel, mustard and basil, chamomile Dalmatian and feverfew, as well as lavender.
Basil repels aphids
Such plants are recommended to plant closer to the protected crops - on the edges of the beds, in between rows or in small islands in the garden.
These plants are just the opposite - they attract aphids to themselves, thereby distracting from the culture we need. These are nasturtium and petunia, mallow and kosmeya, cleoma and tuberous begonias, hypnotic poppy seeds and beans. Of the aphid trees most attract linden, viburnum and bird cherry. Such plants recommend planting away from the main crops that need to be protected from pests.
Petunia attracts aphids
The defenders struck with aphids are either removed from the site afterwards, or they are sprayed or washed on them.
Insects and birds are natural enemies of aphids
The most convenient way to fight is to ensure that the enemy is dealt with by someone else. Strategy is needed!
These "others" can be those insects that feed on aphids:
- ladybugs (their larvae are the main enemies of aphids),
- surfer flies,
- gold eyes,
- ground beetles
- some wasps (Aphidius),
- predatory bugs.
To attract beneficial insects, carrots, parsley, dill and other odorous herbs are planted in the garden. And yet - build houses for bugs!
Enemy Aphid - Ladybug
To lure to the site of the hops, it is advised to plant daisies. Hoverflies do not destroy aphids; they feed on pollen from daisies. But the larvae of sound-flies in large quantities absorb the aphids, which is located nearby. Therefore, inviting to the dacha crooks, you will not lose.
Ground beetles will choose solanaceous and amaranth, and the golden-eyed will prefer for breeding cool shady places covered with thickets of fern.
You can arrange in the garden flower pots with wood chips - earwigs can live in them, which are also not averse to eat aphids.
In addition, the larvae of ladybirds and gold-eyed can be purchased at specialized garden centers (or ordered by mail), and then released on your site.
What especially pleases: aphid - the object of prey for many small birds. They feed it their chicks. Willingly eaten by aphids:
- blood oranges
In order to attract these little birds, you can hang out birdhouses (and feeders) at the dacha, arrange water containers - in a word, make the birds want to fly here.
But! If you have already decided to attract beneficial insects and birds to help, you will have to completely abandon the use of toxic chemicals at the site!
Birds eagerly feed
This is not a complete list of the means that we can use in the fight against this small pest-parasite - aphid. Use the most popular recipe you like, you can experiment and find the most affordable and effective in your opinion.
And we will be happy if you share your original finds! Apha, we all have equally harmful!
Soap and aphid
One of the easiest ways to repel an insect is to treat plants with soapy solutions, since the cultures sprayed with them are not suitable for aphids. There are several ways to make them.
Laundry soap from aphidsused in the amount of 300 g per 10 liters of water. It is rubbed or finely planed and dissolved in a bucket of water.
Also cooked liquid soap solution (125 g / 10 l). Soap or onion peel can be added to the soap. The solution is sprayed or rubbed on the stems and leaves, especially the places where aphid accumulates - their lower part.
There are several recipes for preparing a soap solution for aphid processing from green soap:
- in 9 l of water you need to mix well 20 g of mustard powder and 200 g of green soap. Then add copper sulphate (20 g / 1 l),
- 1.5 kg of wood ash mixed with 50 g of green soap pour water temperature +60. +70 ºС and insist.
As an antiparasitic agent and at the same time as a top-dressing, processing will serve solution of potash soap.300 g diluted in water (10 l). They need to spray the upper and lower leaf plates, stems.
Such safe folk remedies as soap solutions help to fight with aphids on roses. Rose bushesin case of a severe injury, spraying with an infusion of 100-200 g of household soap dissolved in 10 liters of water will save sprays.
There are many recipes in which it is recommended to add dishwashing detergent, but gardeners who have already tried this option often complain that it burns the leaves of plants.
How to remove aphid solution of washing powder
Kill aphid is capable of washing powder solution. However, when using it, you need to be extremely careful not to cause burns on the leaves of the plant. Since all the powders are different, the concentration will need to be selected independently. It is recommended to start with a 1% solution.
Potato tops against aphids
In addition to household products, there are a number of crops, meetings with which plant louse carefully avoids. What plants does not like aphids? First of all, it is chamomile, marigold, dandelion, wormwood, celandine, yarrow, tansy, garlic, onion, red pepper, horse sorrel, tomatoes, potatoes and others.
From these cultures you can both prepare antiparasitic decoctions and infusions, and plant them near plants, most often suffering from aphid attacks.
Onions and onion peels, how to get rid of aphids folk remedies
Afraid aphid and treatments infusion of onions and onion peel. They are prepared as follows:
- 200 g of onion peel need to insist 12-15 hours in 10 liters of warm water, then strain,
- Onion peel mixed with citrus peel, pour boiling water, stand for three days, strain, and dilute with water before each spraying,
- 200 g of onion heads chop, insist in 10 liters of water 12-18 hours, strain, add 40 g of soap.
How to deal with aphid chamomile infusion
Fight with plant lice helps and pharmaceutical chamomile infusion.For its preparation will need 1 kg of dry leaves and inflorescences. They insist 12 hours in 10 liters of water. Then filter through gauze. For one treatment, prepare a solution, diluting chamomile infusion with water in a ratio of 1: 3 and adding soap (40 g / 10 l).
Use of conifers in the fight against aphids
Aphids do not tolerate coniferous smell, so the fight against it can be carried out with the help of such folk remedies as decoctions and infusions of pine needles.
During the week should insist 2 kg of needles in 10 liters of water, stirring the composition every day. Store the infusion should be in a dark place. After a week, it must be drained and diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 3 (for spraying) before use, and diluted in a ratio of 1: 1 for inter-row spacing.
You can make a solution of pharmaceutical coniferous concentrate: 4 tbsp. spoons per 10 liters of water.
The fight against tobacco shag and tobacco
The insecticidal properties of tobacco allow it to be used to rescue aphids. Tobacco, tobacco dust and tobacco used in the preparation of infusions, decoctions and solutions.
Infusion:Chop 200 g of (dry) tobacco leaves, pour 5 liters of water, leave for 24 hours, bring the volume of liquid to 10 liters, boil for two hours over low heat.
Broth:Pour one part of tobacco dust with 10 parts of water, leave for 48 hours, dilute with water 1: 3 and add soap (40 g / 10 l).
One of the favorite plants of plant lice is viburnum. Обычно она поселяется на ней массово, плотно облепляя ветки растения. Поэтому очень часто садоводов интересует вопрос, как бороться с тлей на калине.
Можно попробовать применить такой раствор: 1 стакан табачной пыли или махорки, 1 стакан древесной золы, 1 ст. ложки жидкого мыла, 1 ст. ложки горчицы, необходимо залить 2-3 л воды температурой +70. +80°С. Настоять в течение двух часов и процедить. Then, bring the amount of water to 10 liters. Spray should be the bottom side of the leaf plate, performing processing three times at intervals of 6-8 days.
Plants, birds and insects against aphids
Aphids have natural enemies - ladybugs, praying mantis, wasps, ground beetles, bugs. Love to eat vegetable lice and birds: sparrows, tits, linnet, blood orangecakes, robins. Therefore, for the purpose of prevention and control, it is necessary to attract birds in the garden and orchard, by constructing for them feeders, drinking bowls, nests. Insects can be lured by planting plants that they love, such as carrots, parsley.
We told you about a variety of popular methods of dealing with aphids.. Among them there will definitely be those that are suitable for you and your plants, thereby helping to permanently banish aphids from the site. Finally, here are some more recommendations regarding the proper use of folk remedies on different plant species.
So, fruit trees and shrubs are treated three times: in the budding phase, after it has bloomed and 14 days before harvest. Berries are sprayed before flowering and after harvesting. The last processing of vegetable crops should be made a month before picking vegetables.
When applying infusions from tops of potatoes, tomato, tobacco, henbane, datura fruit can not be eaten after spraying for another 10 days.