Planting climbing plants for the fence is a great way to revitalize their summer cottage. Fast-growing, they will help to decorate your fences, hide some minor flaws on the site, as well as give the whole site quite attractive and well-groomed appearance. To do this, you need to show imagination, creating incredible compositions from them that will please the eyes of the hosts and guests. Such hedges will attract attention due to its beauty and originality.
If you do not have a solid fence, then such a fence, will be able to hide this defect from prying eyes. At the same time, the main task of the host is to choose the right vines so that the hedge is not only practical, but also harmoniously combined with other landings and buildings on the summer cottage. Of course, this requires some effort. First you need to decide for what exactly the design in the form of plants is created, after which the assortment of climbing vines is studied, and only after that the planting is done.
Let's take a closer look at the peculiarities of the floral hedge, as well as those vines that can be used to design such a fence.
Positive and negative sides of a climbing plant hedge
Immediately it is worth noting that the vines grow pretty quickly. If they are provided with proper care, then in just a few weeks they are able to braid a fence of average height. At the wicker fence plants have their own as positiveand negative sides.
The positive sides of the green fence are as follows:
- With the help of decorative climbing flowers, arbors, fences, arches can be designed, which will look quite attractive, but on the condition that regular care.
- If you decide to create a composition of lianas, then you automatically have the opportunity to display your design abilities and fantasies, shaping the vines to your liking, which is not always possible when growing shrubs.
- Thanks to its rapid growth, the vines quickly fill all the gaps in the fences. These flowers very quickly twine around the fences with solid green mass, hiding the summer cottage from the looks of passersby. In addition, such a fence can protect against street noise and dust, creating a cool and peaceful atmosphere at the same time. Owners of the dacha can relax in the fresh greenery. Such a vacation is not only pleasant, but also useful.
- Curly vines are fairly unpretentious regarding care. They do not need a large amount of soil, but they grow fairly quickly, and also do not require proper formation of the bush. Lush leaves creepers can quickly and easily hide all the small flaws on the fence. With the help of vines, various household buildings, old fences, uneven surfaces, unnecessary household equipment, and everything that I would like to hide from prying eyes are also often masked.
In addition, bindweeds have their drawbacks. Some vines cannot withstand even the lightest frost, otherwise their foliage begins to fall, leaving bare branches. In this case, it is recommended to plant only evergreen bindweed, which are not afraid of frost.
Annual Climbers for a Hedge
As a rule, such vines live during one season. With the arrival of next spring, one-year climbing vines must be planted anew. These include ipomoea, nasturtium, sweet peas, decorative beans. Most often creepers are planted thanks to their large and beautiful colorsthat can bloom throughout the summer, delighting the owners and their guests with its bright colors. It is also worth noting that at the first frost annuals perish.
Ipomoea is considered the best option for the formation of a fence. It does not require special care, and its large and bright funnel-shaped flowers attract the attention of others. Pretty unpretentious in the care are:
- Sweet pea,
- Decorative beans.
These vines can bloom throughout the summer, and tolerate small frosts. It is for this reason that if you do not have the time and the ability to provide bindweed care, it is recommended plant the above plants.
They prefer to grow in a sunny area and in warm weather. They can be planted already when the snow has melted, but the earth is still wet. Bindweed seeds are planted in wet ground. The first shoots will appear in a few days after sowing. First, small shoots need to provide a garter, but then they cling to the fence and grow independently.
The flowers they are presented in the form of a variety of colors. For example, you can mix the seeds of several species of climbers and randomly throw in the ground, and grown vynyuyu will delight you with bright colors.
Perennial climbing vines
Those who do not want to invest a lot of work and time on the annual planting of vines and caring for them, it is recommended to choose perennial vines to form a hedge in their summer cottage. Perennial creepers are evergreen and can grow in one place for several years. In addition, they do not require much time and labor. These perennials include ivy, decorative grapes, wisteria, hops, decorative roses.
It is worth noting that during the first year after planting, perennial sprouts are quite fragile and weak, they must be provided with reliable support. But over time, the root system of vines becomes stronger, it becomes more powerful and strong, and they independently begin to cling to the fence, while creating a thick green cover on it.
Let's get acquainted in more detail with the most popular lianas for hedges:
- Curly Rose. It has large and bright colors, behind which leaves are almost invisible. It is this property that attracts the attention of the owners. In addition, the climbing rose is able to bloom for a long time, and also does not require careful maintenance. Leaving means only regular cutting of bushes during the autumn period and warming of a rose for the winter. Roses can easily survive the spring frosts.
- Honeysuckle. This plant, many gardeners choose to design the site, not only because of its beautiful flowers, but also a pleasant sweet aroma. In addition, honeysuckle is a fairly unpretentious plant, it can grow not only in sunny areas, but also in the shade. It is also worth noting that it quickly and strongly expands, so the bushes need to be formed, pruned shoots.
- Curly grapes. This liana belongs to those ornamental plants that are especially beautiful in autumn, when its leaves are red and yellow brightly stand out against the background of the fallen crown of other lianas. In addition, curly grapes have another such dignity as tenacity. He successfully independently braids a magnificent crown not only fences, but also any arch, arbor. Very often, this vine is used to weave arbors, because they look quite attractive, they are comfortable and cool in summer. Basic care for climbing grapes involves cutting off extra branches, as well as the formation of a neat crown.
- Clematis. These climbing vineyards gardeners are most often chosen due to bright large inflorescences. Clematis fairly quickly and strongly expand, while forming a lush green carpets on the fence. It should be noted that clematis require more attentive care. These creepers love to grow in the heat, and it is best to bloom in a sunny place protected from the wind. Leaving also involves regular pruning of shoots. In addition, the vine needs constant feeding with fertilizers, only in this case it will blossom well and grow in your summer cottage.
- Ivy. It can be called one of the best options for creating an evergreen hedge. Ivy will feel quite comfortable both in the sun and in the shade. He quickly braids the wall with his green and thick mass, which will create coolness and comfort on your site. Regarding the care, ivy is quite unpretentious, it can independently find support thanks to its suckers. Another plus is that greens are able to enrich the soil with nutrients, which allows one-year lianas to grow faster and better bloom.
- Hop. Many gardeners consider this vine a harmful plant. But hops are quite undemanding in the care, very quickly growing. It has rather large leaves, fragrant flowers, which over time will be converted into cones. Green creepers is evergreen, she weaves fences throughout the year.
- Wisteria. This climber is more capricious than the previous ones. She loves to grow in bright areas in the shadow of wisteria will not bloom. If you provide her with good care, then she will thank you with a lush green wall, which will be decorated with multi-colored buds.
How to form a hedge?
Curly vines are distinguished by their rapid development, therefore, soon after the appearance of the first shoots, they need support. For this purpose it is recommended to use chain-link mesh, wooden or metal fence. The choice of colors for planting on your site should be based on the principle of shade tolerance. In sunny areas it is recommended to plant clematis, roses, grapes. In the shade you will feel quite comfortable: ivy, hops, honeysuckle.
After selecting the bindweed it is necessary to correctly position them on the site. Due to the fact that they grow strongly, forming at the same time dense foliage, seedlings are recommended to be located at a distance of at least 50 centimeters from each other. Campsis, honeysuckle planted at a distance of at least 1 meter from each other.
Rules for planting climbers
If you have decided on the types of flowers and the place of planting, then you can proceed to the main process.
- It is necessary to dig a ditch along the fence, the depth of which should be about half a meter. To ditch turned out smooth, it is recommended to tighten the cord. The width of the pit will depend on the number of plants. If you are planting 2 species, then the width of the ditch should be about 90 cm. If you are going to plant one type convolvulus, the width may be about 40 cm.
- The bottom of the pit must necessarily be fertilized with peat, manure or compost.
- If you buy seedlings, then you need to ensure that the root system is strong, healthy, without rot and signs of disease. Young plants at the same time should be low, but strong enough. Seedlings are placed in a dug ditch, and the root system is covered with earth. Once again, it is worth noting that plants should not be placed too close to each other, as they grow very quickly and pick up from soil is all nutrients, impoverishing it while.
- Young vines need additional support. Such supports should be installed near each bush. The height of the support should be at least 35 cm. After that, the climber clings to the support and creeps up. Further, as a support for it will be a fence, arch or gazebo, near which they are planted.
As for fertilizers, the vine is recommended to be fed annually, in the spring. Fertilizer must be diluted with water. During feeding, the top layer of soil near the rhizome is carefully removed, and the plant is watered with nutrient fertilizers. After watering, the rhizome is again filled with soil, trampled down. In order to strengthen the young shoots and cause active growth, in springtime it is necessary to prune the branches at an angle of 45 degrees.
Fast-growing fences for the fence
Climbing plants are an attractive group, allowing you to create interesting garden or patio arrangements, decorate fences, fences, gazebos. Thanks to them, you can curl problem areas in the garden (for example, close an unsightly fence, a house wall or a garage), as well as create a green wall that protects us from the eyes of neighbors, create a cozy green corner.
If you plan to create a good effect in one year, it is better to plant the following fast-growing loaches:
- Buckwheat or Fallopia Aubert,
- Hop ordinary,
- Clematis, for example, Bill McKenzie,
- Rose climbing,
- Kirkazon krupnolistny.
Below are the popular climbing plants for the garden, photos and names of varieties.
Buckwheat or Fallopia Aubert (Fallopia aubertii)
Buckwheat is one of the most vigorous climbers in temperate climates. Vine reaches 12 m, grows by 4-6 meters per year. Aulota's fallopia has green leaves, white flowers, small but numerous, which bloom from August to October. The plant makes low demands on the soil. A harsh winter can freeze, but regenerates after pruning. This is a successful climbing plant for decorating fences, covering other fences, ugly buildings, various massive supports. Buckwheat is used for gazebos. If the vine seems too powerful, it can be cut.
Hop (common hops)
Hop is a fast-growing perennial bind — its stems die off every autumn and grow anew from the underground in the next season. In the spring, quickly, within a few weeks, the hops create a wall of green leaves. Hops grows to 6 meters, grows to 2-3 meters in width. It can grow in any medium-humid soil in the sun, and in partial shade.
Not much slower than Fallopia Aubert, some of the clematis grow, such as the Bill MacKenzie variety. It generates an annual length of shoots up to 5-6 m. This variety of clematis covers the fence in 8-10 weeks. Clematis Bill McKenzie's small dark green leaves remain unchanged until early November. From late June to late October, this plant is covered with yellow flowers, and from July, with fluffy seedlings.
The winter cover is represented by dry leaves with seedlings remaining on the shoots.
Photo - hedge of climbing plants in winter.
Clematis is quite hardy. They love sunny places, well-permeable soils.
Weaving roses are a unique, attractive shrub that includes many beautiful, lush varieties. Roses will decorate the appearance of small front gardens, large gardens, fences, fences, arbors.
There are two groups of roses:
- Ramblers (Rambler) - look like wild roses. They grow quickly, bloom several times a year. Flowers appear on last year's shoots. The shoots are tough, grow quickly, cover free. Stems grow to 8 meters.
- Klaimbers (Climbery) reach 5-8 m. They are resistant to diseases, bloom on two-year-old shoots. Flowers small, collected in large bouquets. Can climb on the fences, trees. Bloom for a long time, abundantly.
Pruned roses every year, removing old withered shoots and thin, weak branches. To stimulate the plant, reduce the two-year shoots. Some varieties (for example, Dorothy Perkins) require cutting the lower parts. Moisture is collected in humid places, which facilitates the onset of powdery mildew. Roses are planted on supports - fences, arbors. Roses can also be planted near the walls of the house or trees. In winter, cover the root system in bulk. For flowering and healthy growth, it is recommended to use specialized fertilizers for roses. Thorny varieties of roses will help create a thorny hedge that is relevant in garden plots, allowing you to somewhat prevent unwanted guests from entering the site.
Among the many varieties of honeysuckle, Pomigran honeysuckle, Tellman’s honeysuckle are the most recommended for fences.
- Pomeranian honeysuckle (Lonicera pericklamenum) - it grows quite quickly (after 2-3 years 2 m, reaching 4-5 m), beautiful flowers. The colors of the inflorescences are yellow-white, purple-cream, purple-red, yellow inside. The flowers have an intoxicating smell.
- Tellman's Honeysuckle (Lonicera x Tellmaniana). At the beginning of summer it is covered with huge, yellow flowers that do not smell. After 2-3 years, honeysuckle reaches 2-3 m. It can grow up to 6-7 m. Honeysuckle is not demanding to care. They are best suited for naturalistic plantings. Artificially look in the spoiled elegant gardens, because they have an informal disheveled form.
Large-leaved Kirkazon (Aristolocha durior) - a strong fast-growing loach with large, bright green leaves. The flowers are invisible, yellow-green-brown, like a bloated trumpet. The English name of the loach is “Dutch pipe”. Since kirkazon is growing rapidly (after 3 years it grows to 3 meters and reaches 9-10 meters), it is very popular. In a short time, you can achieve the intended effect. Kirkazon resistant to frost.
If you can wait 2-4 years
If you can wait 2-4 years, good results can be achieved with the help of other climbers, for example:
- Round pliers - It is a rampant growing vine to form a living beautiful hedge, reaching lengths of tens of meters, valued for its resistance to air pollution. Flowers are white.
- Hydrangea (Hydrangea petiolaris) — это популярный вьюн, растет в тени, чаще всего рядом с вечнозеленым плющом. Initially, hydrangea grows slowly, but after 3 years it reaches 3 meters and, finally, above 15 meters. It is decorative almost all year. In winter, it has ornamental copper scaly stems, in early spring fresh light green leafy buds appear (a sign that winter is over.) The leaves are thick and shiny. Modest white flowers in the shape of a saucer. Hortensia is a valuable loach, self-improving, does not need support to rise. Loach does it with aerial roots. Resistant to frost.
- ornamental grape varietiesFor example, girlish grapes, wild grapes, avian, aromatic, Japanese - these are fast-growing perennial weeds. They are hardy, vigorous, frost-resistant, shoots reach a length of several meters per season.
These are fast-growing plants that form long stems, but branch more slowly.
The choice of annual species of fast-growing reeds will allow each year to change the arrangement of the fence or garden. Their advantage is that you can not worry about how to take care of them in the winter, trying to save from frost, which in the case of perennial vines sometimes is a big problem. In addition, annual shoots grow fairly quickly, so in a short time you can enjoy the exciting effect. The choice of species of annual vines is currently quite large. Some of the plants have decorative leaves, others are beautiful flowers, and some are beautiful leaves and decorative flowers.
Sweet peas - climbing plant with a thin vine growing to a height of 1.5 - 2 meters, covered with small, not densely spaced leaves. It blooms in June-July with fragrant flowers of various colors:
Requires a sunny place, fertile, fertilized, moderately moist soil. May be attacked by mold.
Nasturtium - a beautiful blooming loach. Nasturtium gives green stalks, large, umbrella-like leaves. Fragrant flowers appear from June to October. Colors of inflorescences:
Requires a sunny position, permeable, light, not too fertile soil. Often attacked by aphids, caterpillars.
The main decorative qualities of nasturtium are large, delightful vines with a variety of flowers and almost round leaves that develop at the ends of long thin petioles. In the natural environment (South America), this species grows as a perennial plant, but does not survive in the soil in winter, therefore it is grown as an annual plant. Usually it is a long flowering vine growing up to 3 m, but many compact species reach a height of 30-40 cm.
Variations differ in height, color, shape of flowers, leaf color. An interesting group of varieties is the Alaska variety with white or cream spotted leaves, among which deserve attention:
- Alaska Salmon Orange (dwarf, orange flowers with a dark center),
- Alaska mixed
- Jewel of Africa (about 2 m long).
In addition to the original leaves, interesting, almost full or semi-double flowers, which are obtained from the varieties, attract attention:
- Hermine Grashoff (dwarf species, orange-red flowers),
- Double Darjeeling (full color, dark yellow),
- Apricot Gleam (orange flowers).
Before sowing seeds or buying seedlings, you need to prepare for them the appropriate place and soil. This should take into account the individual needs of the selected plant species. The soil must be properly fertilized, which will ensure the rapid growth and intensive development of the vine, which absorbs a large amount of nutrients. It should also be noted that the vines need support, so they should be tied in a timely manner to the fence.
All annuals require good care. In inappropriate conditions, they can be attacked by a number of diseases (mainly fungal), pests (aphids, spider mites, caterpillars, snails), so you should constantly monitor their condition.
Having noticed the first symptoms of damage, you should immediately respond. If you do not apply the necessary measures, pathogens and insects spread quickly. When growing climbing plants for hedgerows mulching useful. Mulching prevents the growth of weeds, protects the soil from excessive evaporation, rapid loss of moisture.
Fast-growing vines for the fence - the original version of live decor
Have you ever thought how to decorate a simple wooden or plastic fence made of shtaketniki in the country or in a private house? And make it cheap and original? Then you came to mind the idea to plant fast-growing vines for the fence. This solution does not require large material costs. Flowers themselves will create a unique decor that distinguishes the territory from the crowd, which will save on the services of professional designers.
To choose a suitable plant for your plot, it’s enough to decide on several criteria:
- climate features
- what care you can afford
- selection of the appearance and density of shrubs and flowers plantations.
Among the fast-growing climbing plants for fences there are annual and perennial options that require special care and grow like weeds. Therefore, to choose the type and type of hedge stands carefully, based on their capabilities and preferences.
Common Perennial Climbing Plants for Fence Decoration
There are a lot of perennial fast-growing climbers, but not all are easy to care for and grow. There are several of the most popular options for giving, which are enough to plant, and they will delight you with their beauty for many years, covering an increasingly large area of the fence or terraces:
- Girlish grapes. Unpretentious liana, which can change the shades of leaves from bright green in spring to scarlet in autumn. In the fertile period, in addition to external beauty, the crop appears in the form of clusters of blue-black berries, if you choose the right variety, then in addition to beauty, you can make grape juice, jam or wine every year. It grows very quickly up to 20 m in height. It endures winter easily and does not require a special landing place, as it feels equally good in the shade and in the sun.
This is only part of the plants that can become a wonderful living pattern on the fence in the country or around a private house. The care of each variety and its species, but not as thorough as for indoor species. Some can be cut without letting it grow too wide.
Fast-growing vines for giving with photo and name, as well as recommendations for care
Perennial plants are very diverse. Choosing the option for the suburban area, it should be borne in mind that you do not live there permanently, as in a private house, so care for flowers and shrubs should be minimal.
Even a simple wooden fence transform the colors of life
Despite a small concern for living decor, many species can surpass specially grown garden crops with their beauty and benefits. Consider in detail the most popular and interesting specimens with photos and some recommendations in the care.
Varieties of blooming perennial weed for country fences
Flowering perennial loach is an excellent variant of vertical gardening of the dacha. They can decorate not only the fence, but also various arbors, arches or even the house itself. It is necessary to consider carefully the choice of a plant so that it transfers a good soil type and climatic conditions. And also important is the appearance, which should correspond to the overall composition of the site.
Option decoration decorative fence
Among the most common and easy-care plants emit:
- Chinese wisteria,
- decorative honeysuckle,
- Kampsis rooting,
- Siberian prince,
- Chinese Schizandra,
- climbing rose,
We will talk about each type in more detail, including about methods of caring for plants. So you can choose the right option for your summer cottage, below are photos of varieties of flowers.
Actinidia: planting and plant care
Actinidia belongs to the species of tree lianas. In nature, it germinates in Southeast Asia and the Himalayas, as well as in the Far East. One of the varieties of the family - kiwi, the fruits of which are known to all.
Arch of actinidia
As a decorative element, deciduous perennial actinidia with whole or thin leaves is used. It is an interesting form of foliage that makes this vine a great option for decorating fences in country houses. And mainly used two varieties:
- Arguta - The length reaches 20 m, it blooms in June, and bears fruit in September. Berries taste like gooseberries.
- Kolomikta - outwardly similar to the first type, but differs by non-simultaneous ripening of fruits that reach maturity from August to late autumn. As well as the roughness of the leaves serves as an additional decor.
Thinking about what is better to choose: actinidia argut or colomicta, summer residents rely on taste and time of fruit ripening. And also on the small external differences of plants.
As for planting and caring for actinidia, they are common to any option:
Observing all the recommendations, you will grow wonderful actinidia in your area, which will not only turn into a living fence, but will also bring valuable fruits rich in vitamins. To make it easier to understand the features of the plant, look at the video:
Bougainvillea: growing and care in the garden
Bougainvillea - a small curly shrub with prickles. In nature, it grows in Brazil and blooms for 9 consecutive months. Decorative options have a different shape, large and colorful flowers from lilac to white.
Can be left in the pot at the entrance
Such a beautiful and exotic plant does not require careful maintenance, but the recommendations should be observed:
Bougainvillea is a rather thermophilic plant, therefore it is hardly suitable for growing conditions in Siberia. But in central Russia it is possible to wrap a flower for the winter, and all summer to enjoy the beauty of its colors.
Perfect for decorating and creating a living shed on the terrace.
To make it easier to care for bougainvillea, watch the video on the topic:
Wisteria Chinese: landing and care
White or light purple brushes of flowers will attract the attention of passersby to your unusual summer cottage. All summer, wisteria gives extraordinary beauty of inflorescences, while it grows well in the open field and does not require careful maintenance.
Such a curtain will be an excellent decor for a summer cottage or a territory near the house.
Of all the varieties, the most popular is Wisteria Chinese, whose height reaches 20 m, and the brushes have a pleasant lilac shade and can grow up to 30 cm in length. Even if you prefer another variety, you should pay attention to a few recommendations for care:
Schematic care for wisteria
More detailed instructions on care are presented in the video:
Decorative curly honeysuckle: photo and some tips on care
Honeysuckle is a familiar name for Russia. Many gardeners planted this beautiful climbing plant with a height of up to 6 m in their areas. It is perfect for vertical decoration, so they have honeysuckle along fences or near the walls of buildings and structures.
Beautiful and graceful honeysuckle inflorescence
It is unpretentious, grows quickly and gives abundant bloom in the summer with a pleasant delicate aroma. Just do not try to taste the fruits of honeysuckle - they are inedible. Care recommendations a little:
- Buy seedlings under the age of 3 years and without damage to the root system.
- Planted in early autumn or late spring in a hole 50 to 50 by 50 cm and at a distance of one meter from each other.
- When planting add 100 g of superphosphate to the soil and 50 g of potash fertilizers. Water with warm water.
- Honeysuckle loves moisture, so it requires water for the entire period until autumn in order to prepare the plant for winter. Watering should be in the evening and it is better to pre-loosen the soil.
- Pruning done after the first year of life in the open field. The more frequent the shortening of the branches, the more abundant the plant will bloom.
- Decorative honeysuckle does not like frosting, so the root system should be carefully covered.
Here are some interesting photo examples of plants for decorating fences and other elements of summer cottages:
Campsis rooting: photos and breeding methods
Campsis is a beautiful and delicate plant suitable for creating hedges or home decorations. This perennial liana raises its tent to a height of 15 m. The shoots twist around the support, and with age the trunks lumber and resemble the outlines of fabulous trees.
Beautiful inflorescence kampsis
Inflorescences are collected from several large orange or scarlet tubular flowers, pleasing the voice from June to September. Campsys rooting came from North America, and to cultivate such beauty it is worth following a few simple rules:
Important! Campsys rooting can sprout roots in the cracks of the foundation and walls of the house, rising to the roof, so it is recommended to use the trellis to disembark.
Here are some tips in bushes video footage:
Honeysuckle Capricole: photo, landing and care
Fragrant honeysuckle capricole is very popular in the gardens of Russia. Many gardeners and owners of private houses plant this shrub for vertical gardening, decorating fences, houses and gazebos.
The flowers are small and elegant look great on the "hedge" in the flowering period. There is nothing difficult in planting and caring for a plant, so even beginning gardeners can handle it. Here are some guidelines to follow:
- It is better to plant at once to a permanent place in a well-moistened and loosened soil.
- Add fertilizer in the form of humus, peat or organic mixtures to the pit prepared for the landing.
- In the process of active growth it is worth fertilizing vines with potassium mixtures once every 2 weeks.
- The shrub tolerates the heat well, but it is worth wrapping up the root system from severe frosts.
- During the period of fertilizer application it will be useful to mulch the soil, which reduces the growth rate of weeds and preserves the soil moisture.
- Liana should be shaped not only at the expense of the support it will hold, but also pruning, in order to impart a pomp to the plant.
Observing such simple rules, you will easily grow a beautiful decor from a tent of leaves on your site. In addition to the honeysuckle, there are several other common varieties:
- Brown Honeysuckle. The leaves are in the form of an ellipse, the underside of which has a bluish tinge. The flowers are usually red-orange color. It blooms from June to October. With proper care, the vine can survive even the most severe frosts.
- Henry's Honeysuckle. Flowers of yellow-red hue, pleasing their beauty from July to August. The fruits are blue-black and the foliage is bright green.
- Honeysuckle gecrotta. The height of the vine reaches 6 m, and in width up to 4 m, therefore, the plant should be planted at a distance of at least 1 m from each other. It grows vertically and strongly curls. The leaves are dark bluish-green, and the flowers have a yellow-white edge. Grow better in the penumbra. Frost tolerates well.
Choose a suitable variety of honeysuckle, which will long delight you with its beauty and aroma. Moreover, the care of the plant is minimal, which means that you will spend little energy.
Manchurian Kirkazon: care features
Kirkazon - a perennial liana. It has a different name - aristolohiya. There are about 360 species that germinate in the tropical belt. This exotic shrub will be a great decoration for any infield.
It has lush foliage with sharp tips in the form of a heart. Differs stamina and high growth rate. In length, one branch can reach 10 m. The flowers are cream-brown in color, and the leaves are covered with light hairs, giving a special charm to the plant.
To grow Kirkazon vines, you should follow a few rules for landing and care:
Here are some photo examples of how kirkazon is used in the landscape design of various areas:
Snowy evergreen honeysuckle
The height of honeysuckle reaches 6 m. Suitable for creating a vertical hedge. It is arranged along fences or buildings. Caring for her does not require much effort:
- Her plant in the fall or spring. The distance between the pits for landing is at least 1 m.
- Honeysuckle moisture-loving. Careful watering during winterization is a must. It should be used with warm water and fertilizer.
- For more dense greenery, abundant flowers, pruning should be carried out after the first year after planting.
- Poses low temperatures. Before wintering thoroughly warm the root system.
For a multi-colored beauty it is worth picking up sunny or semi-shaded parts of the garden. In summer, honeysuckle blooms with pleasant-smelling flowers, creating a pleasant, fragrant shade on the plot.
Разнообразие сортов этого растения позволяет реализовать каждую декоративную задумку. Нежные цветы разных оттенков, зелень, спадающая вниз каскадом, украсят любой забор, стену, ограждение. Клематис не прихотлив. He loves the sun, no wind. Observing a few conditions, you can use it to grow a wonderful living fence:
- The distance between the shoots is at least 50 cm.
- Plant sprouts best in spring and summer. Seedlings should be with a closed root system. After planting feed fertilizer.
- Clematis loves water. Its watering should be at least 2 times a week.
- When preparing for wintering, remove all dry, yellow leaves. Make insulation for the roots.
This hedge option is beautiful and useful. Green leaves will create a shadow from spring to autumn. Fragrant flowers will emphasize the emerald green color, and bright red fruits will delight delicate taste. Lemongrass is frost resistant. Caring for him involves following a few tips:
- Planted shoots better in mid-spring. The pits for them should be at a distance of 1 m from each other.
- Lemongrass likes good drainage and fertilizer.
- Watering should be regular. The leaves should be irrigated with water in addition.
- Pruning branches to conduct after flowering.
- Before hibernation, plant roots are covered with fallen leaves.
Lemongrass gives fruit after 6-7 years after planting. During this time, he will spread a thick tent of leaves, will ennoble any territory.
Brushes wisteria flowers, like a bunch of grapes, will decorate any fence. Wisteria blooms throughout the summer. This is an absolute advantage for decorative hedges. Care in this case will not take a lot of time. It is enough to follow the basic recommendations:
- Plant wisteria is in early spring. For full development, it will need a lot of space. Sunlight is welcome.
- Stems must be tied up so that they do not fall under the weight of flowers.
- Watering requires regular, but no frills. Before wintering wisteria stop watering.
- During the formation of the kidneys is to properly care for shoots. They are subject to trimming at 20-30 cm.
- In preparation for the winter, it is lowered to the ground, covered with a layer of soil. On top of it lay a special material - additional protection.
Spectacular wisteria, even from a nondescript fence, will create a unique component of landscape design.
The Kampsis fence is a beautiful and delicate garden decoration. The shoots of the plant rise up to 15 m. Thanks to this, it is used to decorate even the highest fences or buildings. With age, Kampsis begins to resemble a fabulous tree. Its sprouts flow in height in a spiral. After a while, they become woody and become a solid hedge frame. The care needs of Kampsis are simple:
- For bright flowers, the soil when planting should be loose and fertile. Mandatory fertilizers. Planted shoots are recommended in April.
- Drought tolerated shrubs easily. Watering is recommended regular.
- Trim Kampsis better before the appearance of the kidneys.
- In case of small frosts, do not cover the Kampsis completely. Enough to warm the roots.
All summer he pleases the eye with scarlet color. The advantage of Kampsis is its unpretentious care and original beauty.
Climbers are most often planted along wooden or metal fences. Before planting should bring the fence in proper condition. Wood constructions should be painted and metal products should be opened with anti-corrosion agent. This will allow the hedge to bloom for many years.
The tree plow - deciduous vine, perfectly decorate the garden. The strong and unassuming plant will get acclimatized near any material, except wood, other garden inhabitants. A tree-pliers, clinging to sickle-shaped hooks, can grow into them. For good growth should observe a number of conditions:
- After planting is fertilized. Enter feed in the spring-summer period is worth at least three times. Thanks to this foliage will be lush, rich color.
- The tree plier responds easily to cold. Before preparing for wintering rhizome insulated humus.
- In the spring should be cut dry leaves, shoots.
The tree pliers love the sun and the darkness in the same way. For 1 year can grow up to 2 m in height. Liana saturate the space around with deep greens, create a pleasant partial shade on the plot.
A unique fertile option for hedges - Amur grapes. Resistance to frost contributes to its survival in the northern climatic conditions. This advantage of the grapes allows you to avoid unnecessary hassle with shelter rhizomes, sprouts for the winter. It decorates the garden with large green leaves and purple clusters of edible berries. The grapes are harvested in autumn. Then the color of his crown is the most attractive. It should be especially attentive to the composition of the soil. It should not contain excessive amounts of limestone. This will not allow the grapes to grow properly. The Amur variety produces wonderful shady arbors.
The grape variety gives its owners a shadow, aesthetic pleasure with its green crown, delicious berries. He does not need scrupulous care and preparatory work before winter. Exhaustive will be following a couple of tips:
- Early shoots love the sun. They should be planted in perekopanny soil with high-quality drainage.
- Watering should be regular. Especially sultry, dry summer.
- Before wintering it is necessary to wrap the roots of new shoots with a layer of earth and a special cloth.
Grow this miracle on the site is quite simple. After landing, it will soon become happy with its success.
Deciduous vines - an excellent tool for landscape design. Perennial green handsome men bright carpet of green leaves will decorate the fence, wall, gazebo.
Large green leaves, dense wall of shoots, rapid growth, unpretentious care - the characteristic features of ivy. It can reach 30 m in height. It is good to plant on long, high hedges, walls of buildings. By observing only a few care conditions, you can achieve evergreen beauty:
- For planting is to choose seedlings 2-3 years. They are planted in the spring in shallow pits with organic fertilizer.
- Ivy needs timely pruning in the summer.
- Before wintering, ivy is covered with soil, dry leaves and a special coating.
Garden ivy is an excellent option for decorating areas in the shade. It will cover the surface with a green wall and ennoble any territory.
Hops - graceful decoration hedge. It will protect the yard from unnecessary noise, dust. In addition to aesthetic qualities, hops are known as a medicinal source - sedative, painkiller. The plant is durable, fast-growing. For one season, he will twine any shoots frame, fence or arbor with shoots. Hops unpretentious. For its growth it is important to follow a few recommendations:
- The lush crown of ivy will be in a moderately humid climate.
- Saplings should be planted in partial shade. Dug holes pre-fertilize.
- The place for ivy should be with a temperature not lower than 10 degrees.
- Watering should be abundant after planting. Further watering can be limited.
If simple conditions are met, the hops will please with a bright and dense crown of greenery.
Hortensia in landscape design is much less common than other plants. It is a great option for a hedge. Her shoots very quickly rise up the supports. White fragrant flowers shade dark green leaves. The best way for her fit smooth fencing, not mesh. Very unpretentious, she does not claim to be particularly thorough care:
- Planting soil should be well moistened.
- For shoots important quality drainage. The presence of limestone in the soil will negatively affect the growth of hydrangea.
- The plant feels good in the shade and in the sun.
- In summer, high-quality irrigation and fertilizer are important.
- Before wintering, warm the hydrangea roots with additional ground, special coating.
Hortensia adorns any site. Delicate aroma and emerald shoots will become integral elements of the decor.
Decorative hedges are gaining popularity every year. The advantages of evergreen climbing plants make them indispensable assistants in the process of decorating the site:
- Green fencing will surprise with high density.
- Amazing decor will remain in the period of cold weather.
- Unpretentious care.
The world of plants is diverse. The choice of a universal option for each individual case is not a simple matter. Landscape design allows you to show imagination to get the original hedge. When forming it, you can use more than one type of decorative options. Evergreen curly beauties will improve the site, will delight the eye of the hosts and guests.
Features of climbing plants
Such plants, as a rule, grow rapidly and are subdivided into several varieties:
- decorative leafy,
- with a smooth stem,
- with spikes,
Most of the loach plants are able to braid a fence in forty short and make a beautiful hedge out of it. Also, their use has several advantages:
- The ability to densely and quickly braid the fence with any spans and any height.
- Decorate any garden ugly buildings or other moments and it does not require a large amount of soil.
- Creating beautiful hedges of climbing plants, you can try yourself as a designer of your own site.
However, at registration of a site it is necessary to keep in mind that the hedge created from deciduous plants will become bare in the fall and will lose its beauty. Stable green fencing can be obtained, for example, from ivy.
Unpretentious creeping plant, which is different:
- length of vines up to 20 meters
- the bright green of the leaves in summer and the purple color in autumn,
- large dense leaves consist of five oval leaves, each of which has a pointed end,
- the vines have inconspicuous buds and unsuitable for eating berries.
Wild or girlish grapes are so unpretentiousthat all care for him comes down only in watering and timely garter to the support.
When disembarking between cuttings, there should be a distance of 50 cm, and the depth of the hole - 30 cm. In the first year after planting in spring, whip grapes by autumn will be two meters long. In the second year of life, they will braid the entire necessary section of the fence.
Wild grapes is both a sun-loving plant and grows well in the shade. Not afraid of frost and almost not subject to disease.
The only thing that is required when caring for a maiden grape is timely watering, forming lashes and pruning old leaves. The weaving plant in July blossoms with nondescript but fragrant buds.
With the help of wild grapes decorate wooden, concrete and brick fences or walls. It is better not to plant it near the plastered surfaces, since the plaster under the weight of the foliage may simply begin to fall off.
Gallery: climbing plants for the fence (25 photos)
Evergreen, fast-growing liana, which grows well in partial shade and adapts to any conditions, therefore considered a record for resilience and simplicity. Ivy does not bloom and does not create a colored fence with it, but it has many other advantages:
- Excellent and fast growing in all conditions. Ivy is able to hold onto any surfaces thanks to its suction roots.
- An evergreen plant in southern and middle latitudes will create a living green hedge throughout the year.
- On the background of a green wall of green leaves you can plant bright tulips, gladioli, roses.
- The ivy-covered gazebo or terrace will look beautiful and cozy.
- According to it, you can put beautiful flowering vines, which it will not interfere with growth.
For the reproduction of ivy enough to cut and root cuttings. They disembark from each other in half a meter. In the autumn, the grown shoots are cut and sheltered for the winter.
Practically every gardener grows a queen of flowers in his plot - a rose. These elegant plants have perennial climbing varieties with which you can decorate the fence with bright yellow, red, purple and many other colors.
Thorny vines are pretty unpretentious., but require special care:
- Roses like a mixed type of soil. In light sandy and heavy clay soils, they grow poorly.
- These are light-loving plants that practically will not bloom with a lack of lighting.
- In the autumn, before spring planting, phosphorus, humus, and humus are introduced into the soil.
- For roses, additional watering is needed, even if it has recently rained.
- Between the bushes should do a distance of one meter, since the climbing roses grow well both in length and in width.
If there are frosty winters in your region, then the bushes should be removed from the support, cut off the old and weak shoots and cover the stems with a special material or lapnik. The base of the bush spuds. In regions with warm winters, roses can not be removed from the support. It is enough to cover them with branches and polyethylene.
Perennial climbing plant that will decorate the fence from May to October with bright large stellate flowers. This fast growing plant can create a beautiful hedge in 8–10 weeks. In one year, the length of the shoots grows to 5-6 meters. Clematis has dark green leaves, which are covered with a solid carpet of flowers.
View cold and drought resistant. To avoid radical rot, they are watered at 30–40 cm from the roots. Requires regular feeding and trimming extra whips. Otherwise, clematis will no longer bloom.
A woody plant with stems up to 18 meters long and hanging tassels of blue, white or lilac colors will turn any plot into a fabulous garden. In the fall, wisteria buds turn into bean pods, and leaf color becomes lemon.
In regions with cold winters, the plant begins to bloom only in the fifth year after planting. Lush flowering can be achieved if the following conditions are met:
- fertile soil without limestone.
- protected from the wind sunny place.
- moderate watering. Waterlogging does not like wisteria.
- for the winter the bushes must be covered. To do this, whips are removed from supports, placed on the flooring and covered with a special cloth or branches of coniferous trees.
- pruning is necessary for heavy flowering. Experienced gardeners prune old shoots at the end of May so that the remaining prunings are about 30 cm long. In August, they are pruned for another five buds.
Wisteria is resistant to insect attacks and the onset of various diseases, so it does not require much trouble in growing.
Annual wicker plants for the fence
There is a large group of annual mounts that can be used to decorate fences and various buildings for one season. Some of them are distinguished by beautiful decorative leaves, while others - by colors of various colors. All annual vines are divided into two groups:
- Viewer, which are sown directly in the ground.
- Weaving annuals that need to be grown in a seedling manner.
Immediately in open ground you can sow the following annuals:
- Sweet pea - This is an unpretentious culture, which has a beautiful and abundant flowering. The plant has more than a thousand varieties, each of which has its own height, color and flowering time. Sowing can be done in early May in open ground or in March for seedlings. The flowers of sweet pea will bloom for about four months, and exude with this exquisite aroma. When planting seedlings or sprouts, it is necessary to put supports near the loaches, otherwise fragile lashes will begin to break and intertwine with each other. Leaving requires timely watering, pruning of excess shoots and removal of wilted buds.
- Nasturtium in one season can grow to two meters. It has green stalks and large leaves that look like an umbrella. From July to October, the fast-growing loach blooms with red, pink, yellow, orange, or variegated flowers. Loves not too fertile soil, a well-lit place and good care. Nasturtiums should be constantly monitored, as they can be attacked by caterpillars, spider mites, aphids, and various fungal diseases.
- Konvalvulyus tricolor - This is not a very large climbing plant, for the growth of which a lot of space is not required. Its stems grow only up to 50 cm in length, but the loach is famous for its bright large flowers of blue, blue or pink color. Their peculiarity is that they are revealed only in good weather. It is possible to propagate the kavalvulyus sowing immediately in open ground. But in order for the plant to bloom early, the cultivation is produced by seedlings.
Plants, the birthplace of the southern countries, in more northern regions are grown only seedlings. Sowing is usually done in late February - early March. Young plants are planted in the ground after the threat of the last frost. The most common ones are:
- Ipomoea purpurea is a large climbing plant, the stems of which reach a height of two meters. Ipomoea is different heart-shaped large leaves and flowers up to 7 cm in diameter. They may have a pink, blue or purple color. Sowing is done in February. After the end of the frost, ipomeyu are planted in loose fertile soil. The place should be sunny and windless.
- Kobeya climbing or monastic bells – однолетняя лиана высотой от двух и более метра. Отличается неприхотливостью и крупными бутонами белого или сиреневого цвета. Кобею можно выращивать в тени и на солнце. Неприхотлив вьюн и к почве. В открытый грунт посеянную в феврале рассаду высаживают в середине-конце мая.
- Decorative beans or Turkish beans - Climbing plant up to three meters or more. Liana is famous not for its flowers, but for its beautiful decorative fruits that adorn the plant until the very winter cold. Sowing beans is done in early May, and after about a month they are planted in open ground.
How to make a hedge?
Fast-growing vines need a support, so a metal or wooden fence, or chain-link mesh, is dug in at the intended site of the hedge. The base must be reliable, as many of the wines thickly overgrown with leaves and their lashes become heavy.
Honeysuckle, ivy will take root in shady terrain. In sunny areas, clematis, hops, grapes, and many other wines will grow and bloom well. The distance between them is determined by the type of plant:
- 30–50 cm - the distance between hops, ivy, grapes,
- 1–1,5 meters - between honeysuckle and kampsis.
Saplings are planted in grooves approximately 50 cm deep and 40 cm wide. Compost or peat is placed on their bottom. Two-or three-year-old seedlings are installed in the grooves and powdered with soil. From the supports they should be approximately 40 cm.
Every year, braiding plants require fertilizing with complex fertilizers. In the autumn, well grown vines of hops and grapes are cut. Flowering varieties of pruning require only after flowering.
First of all, it is necessary to form a horizontal top edge, so the haircut starts from the top. It is recommended to pre-mark the contours of trimming, using for this the stakes and twine. On these contours with the help of a special pruner and should be cut a wicker fence.
Beautiful climbing plants in the garden can perform many functions. With their help, you can make a spinning fence and cover up not very beautiful buildings, shade the terrace or gazebo. However, many loachers are not very demanding on soil, growing conditions and care.
Fast growing climbing plants
Many have thought about how to change a boring fence. Repainted it in bright colors, painted pictures, even changed to another. But all is not so quickly bored. Climbing fast-growing plants will help solve this problem. They can not only decorate the perimeter of the site, but also disguise all unfavorable places.
But the usefulness of the hedge does not end there, growing rapidly, it creates a shadow in the heat of the summer. This method of decoration requires time and effort, but after a couple of years it will please the eye of the owner, and cause envy to passersby. Start by choosing the right plants.
How to plant plants
Planted plants are recommended in late spring or early autumn. Buy shoots preferably in containers. When transplanting the root system will not be damaged and they will take root faster.
Remember! Young shoots should be given special attention in the first year of their life. To keep the green pets from dying, you need to water them regularly on hot days, and in the winter to snatch them from frost. When vegetation adapts to a new place, it will only need to be pruned occasionally.
To plant a plant, you need to dig a hole 40–60 cm in diameter and fill it with earth mixed with fertilizer. It is recommended to plant vines with an interval of one meter. This gap can be reduced to half a meter, if you need to quickly get a thicker weave. Plants are planted several centimeters deeper than in the hotbed. After all the manipulations, the seedlings should be watered and loosened the soil.
What are the plants
There is a huge variety of representatives of climbing vegetation. There are such types:
- perennial and annual,
- blooming and deciduous,
- evergreen and dropping leaves,
- with and without spikes
- photophilous, shade-loving and versatile.
Climbing plants are also called lianas. They grow fast enough. Already in 1-2 years they are able to braid the entire fence, and restrict access to it. Before embarking on such friends, fencing should be put in order.
Wooden structures should be painted, it will protect them from rotting, to cover the metal with anti-corrosion agent, it is better to plaster a stone or concrete structure. Such events will provide an opportunity to preserve the fence for many years. Photos and characteristics of popular climbing fast-growing plants for decorating the fence will be presented to you in this article.
Climbing (Curly) Rose
Unpretentious, but loves the sun. Fragrant blooms in May and June for a month. Some of its varieties can please with color all summer.
rose curling climbing
The best time to plant is early autumn. Bushes are planted in fertilized soil in the sun. It is necessary to water often. Periodically it is necessary to fertilize and feed the land. As you grow, shoots must be tied to the hedge.
Know! If some shoots run horizontally, the flowers will be evenly distributed throughout the plant.
The rose is afraid of cold and icing, so the whip is covered for the winter. It is best to remove them from the fence from the fence and wrap them up with quality. All dry shoots in the spring need to be cut. Thinning bushes is recommended no more than once every three years. An ideal support for roses is a wooden fence.
There are many varieties of climbing roses with large and small buds of various colors and shades. Everyone can choose for their fence that matches the taste.
Campsis or "trubkotsvet" is a woody vine that can reach a length of 16 meters. During growth, its stems twist around a support in a spiral and eventually become similar to the intricate trunks of trees from a fairytale forest. The young plant is rich in bright saturated - green foliage and flowers in the form of gramophone of red or orange color and pleases the eye all summer.
Campsis is rooted and large-flowered. A trumpet bloom can grow anywhere, but for good flowering, it needs a loose, fertile land and plenty of sunshine.
It is recommended to plant seedlings of Kampsis after frost (in April) so that they do not interfere with each other. In the prepared hole with fertilized soil place a seedling and straighten the roots. They bury, slightly rammed and sprinkle with peat on top.
Caring for a trumpet is easy enough. It needs regular moderate watering, periodic feeding if the soil is not fertile and regular annual pruning.
Attention! In order to achieve abundant flowering, it is necessary to annually cut the plant. It is necessary to remove old branches to ensure the development of new young shoots.
Campsis does not like severe frosts. If the temperature drops below 15, then the liana should be sent for wintering. After cutting, the liana is removed from the support, laid on the ground and covered with dry leaves, needles or sawdust, and covered with a film on top.
This shrub vine refers to the buttercups. Planted bushes in the fall. This plant does not like abundant watering and dampness, fertilizer with manure and peat. In the summer heat the ground should be sprinkled with horses. This prevents overheating.
To protect the roots of clematis from the scorching sun will help floral arrangement in the form of skirts, such as marigolds. In winter, the plant should be covered to prevent freezing of the roots.
Clematis hedges shoots with bright green or reddish leaves. It blooms from early summer to frost. Flowers of clematis can be in the form of inflorescences and have different colors and shades. It depends on the variety and the environment in which they live. Distinguish terry and simple varieties.
Liana is good both by itself and it is advantageously combined in composition with other weeds. For decorating fences resistant and rich-flowering varieties are suitable.
Interesting! To give volume, scourge the scourge placed on the ground and sprinkled. After some time, will begin to grow new shoots.
Unpretentious shrub creeping or upright plant - fruit. It is frost-resistant, able to withstand frosts up to 35 degrees, and frosts during the growing season do not interfere with it and the flowers are able to tie up at a temperature of 5–7 degrees below zero.
Erect bushes reach a height of two meters, and creeping varieties - up to six meters, the branches actively branch. Flowering begins in May and in July-August fruits form. Edible - large elongated berries of blue color with a blue tint.
In ornamental species, the berries are round and much smaller, the taste is bitter. Inedible fruits can be scarlet, orange and, less commonly, purple. In most varieties, with a slight shaking, the berries are easily showered.
Important! Edible species better planted in the sun. It promotes active flowering. For a rich harvest nearby, you need to plant one or more varieties. This will provide cross-pollination.
Plants are not susceptible to disease, but aphids and plant mites should be wary.
Honeysuckle does not require increased attention. It is enough to carry out regular watering, during active growth more abundant, loosening the soil and removing weeds.
Cute plant with small red-orange flowers. Often used as a background for flower arrangements. Does not tolerate frosts. It is preferable to plant it in May. This vine grows to four meters. It is unpretentious and grows well in the shade and in the sun. Decorative bean fruits are not edible. Rough and large in appearance.
Planted seeds in well-heated soil. Prefers rich light soils and loves moisture. Fertilize can be organic mixtures, except for manure. To preserve moisture, the soil around the beans sprinkled with straw or sawdust.
Plants for decorating the fence in Siberia
In the harsh climate of Siberia, it is also possible to grow fast-growing climbing plants for the fence. The best representatives of the flora showed themselves:
- Clematis: Tangut and Siberian,
- Manchu or large-leaved Kirkazon,
- girl grapes,
- white cross
- Schizandra Chinese.
Prince shoots are covered with small artistic ribbed leaves and reach a three-meter height. Well and quickly wrap around the support, creating a floral-leafy decorative composition.
Flowers prince bell-shaped, arranged on long stalks. Mostly white and blue-blue gamma, but there are representatives of other colors.
There are several varieties of prince:
Knyazhiku more like penumbra. It shows this longer and variegated flowering.
For Siberian gardening, the Manchu or Kirkazon kolkazon large-leaved is most suitable. Bright green shoots with light green leaves with a rounded heart shape with a pointed tip curl any fence counterclockwise.
The flowers are yellow, brick-red, brownish, interspersed and monophonic, in shape resemble a curved tube with a wide lapel. The fruit is in the shape of a cylinder, filled with seeds. When ripe, it acquires a brown-yellow color.
Interesting! Kirkazon is pollinated by flies. Flowers are a kind of trap. When ingested, the insect can not get out because of downward hairs. After pollination, the hairs wither and release the captive.
Vislodorni or Chilean vine. The rapidly growing perennial liana with a large number of bright tubular flowers, collected in the brush. On the spectacular feathery leaves are the antennae, with which the Chilean vine clings to the support.
Flowers of orange, red and yellow shades garland adorn the green canvas. After flowering, green fruit with seeds appears. Ekremokarpus gorgeous looks in the Siberian gardens.
Actinidia tolerates Siberian frosts. It is a liana-like shrub, loving the sun and moisture. Not having aerial roots, it is harmless to buildings. On the curling stem are leathery finely cut leaves.
During the flowering period, the plant is covered with pale golden yellow or pink flowers. After tying fluffy fruit that is very similar to kiwi.
Fact! Actinidia is a family plant. To obtain a crop on the site requires the presence of male and male vines.
The fruits are healthy, tasty and nutritious. Used in raw, dried or canned form.
Echinocystis (wild cucumber)
Visually similar to cucumber, thanks to its light green foliage and curly tendrils. When flowering throws fluffy white inflorescences evenly throughout the plant. By autumn the fruits ripen - round hedgehogs, inside of which are located the seeds.
This annual plant is distinguished by its rapid growth. Over the summer, he is able to fully braid the four-meter support. It propagates by self-sowing: when showered, the seeds safely winter in the soil.
It is called briony, “adam's root”, snake grass, paralysis turnip. Carved dark green leaves are able to decorate the most unsightly fence. The plant is perennial, masculine and feminine.
Blooms buds from small unsightly flowers. The “peasants” have white floral tassels, the “girls” have monmono yellow corymbose brushes. After they are covered with round red or black berries. Bryonia - poisonous, but at the same time, a great doctor. Able to relieve pain, stop blood and heal a wound.
Where to buy plant seeds for the fence?
When purchasing climbing plants for the fence, you need to consider the following factors:
- lighting area,
- soil composition
- possibility of watering,
- climatic conditions
- the size of the plants
- growth rate
- combination with other species
- support material and structure.
You can get seeds and seedlings of your favorite green friends on the market - “with hands”, beg for help from neighbors or acquaintances, in nurseries, specialized stores, or purchase them from online stores.
The first two methods do not inspire confidence - there is no guarantee that what is needed from the seeds will grow. When buying seeds in stores you need to pay attention to the shelf life, weight and number of seeds in a package.
Saplings should be healthy and healthy. You should also pay attention to the container where they grow - it should not be heavy. The root of the plant should be covered with earth.
Tip! To make it all you need to carefully consider the purchase, have a good mood and believe in success!
Like any garden crop, reeds are planted in spring or autumn. This is the right time for the successful rooting of seedlings.
Tip! Buy seedlings in ground containers. Plants whose roots have been deprived of a nutrient medium for a long time are difficult to take root, may die.
The first year is the most crucial. Young shoots need constant supervision. In the heat of the need to pritenyat, plenty of water, and in frosty days to wrap off the cold. If everything is done according to the rules, in the second year the saplings will adapt and will be more independent.
Tip! Seasoned gardeners recommend using organics when planting seedlings. The best option is a small fatty fish. The nutrients that will be released during the decomposition of organic matter for a long time enough for a young plant. This fertilizer must be buried at the bottom of the hole.
Do not forget to carefully water the shoots during planting, as well as the first week after it. The slightest drying of the soil can hopelessly damage the young roots. When planting fast-growing climbers, the distance from half a meter to a meter is kept for the fence, depending on the type of plant and the planned thickness of the hedge.
Conventionally, plants for living fence can be divided into several types:
Note! Fast-growing climbing plants are able to completely braid the fence in two years. Given the intensity of their growth before planting, you need to plaster or paint the base of the fence, otherwise then it will be impossible to do.
Some gardeners can not decide: whether to plant perennials or limit annuals? In fact, both options are good.
Perennial plants: the most popular varieties
A distinctive feature of perennials -powerful shoots that require strong support. Some of the species of perennial climbers not only delight the gardener with beautiful foliage and bright flowers, but bring practical benefits to edible berries. Among these plants are honeysuckle, nightshade, actinidia.
When buying perennials have to make a difficult choice between flowering varieties that have bright beautiful inflorescences and varieties with decorative foliage, but small pale flowers.
Photo gallery of the most popular types:
Photos and names of fast-growing climbing plants to give
Perennials are divided into groups on the principle of attaching shoots to supports and growth intensity:
- curly - braid support around vertical guides, can twist the trunks of trees, branches of bushes,
- climbing - dug small air roots into supports, sprouting into stone and brick walls, wooden fences,
- clinging - use for fastening the whiskers and hooked processes. Excellent mesh braid,
- leaning - need a garter to vertical supports.
Top 15 popular perennial blooming reeds
Многолетники подходят дачникам, не часто посещающим свои загородные владения. Они неприхотливы и при этом с каждым годом все больше заплетают ограду. Среди них есть сорта, устойчивые к суровому отечественному климату. Such vines live well even in the Far East. Consider the most popular and unpretentious types.
Important! Even if the hedge seems to be weightless, do not be fooled. The green mass of the plant can break the fragile base. Consider this circumstance when planning a fence.
Actinidia: photo, care and landing, features
A significant advantage of Actinidia is that it is not a plant parasite. It does not damage the trunks of garden trees and shrubs, does not dig roots into the walls of buildings.
This is not just a beautiful plant - Actinidia gives great fruit that can be used as food, canned for future use. They contain many vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to humans. Harvest can be obtained in the third season after planting. This liana - long-liver will regularly fruit half a century.