Kesha grapes - one of the best varieties of domestic breeding. It is famous for its excellent taste, high yield and unpretentiousness. We will talk about the characteristic signs of the variety and its advantages, and share the secrets of vine care that will help you get a good crop of berries, even for a beginner grower.
Kesha is a white table grape of medium early ripening. Bred by breeding two varieties: Frumoasa Albe and Delight. Not only the best qualities of parental varieties were transferred to the cultivated culture, but also to achieve its maximum yield, resistance to weather conditions, diseases and parasites.
Kesh grapes: description of the variety, photos
The duration of the period from the blooming of the kidneys to the technical maturity of the clusters is 120-130 days. Berries ripen in the middle and at the end of August.
Bushes develop tall - during the growing season can reach 5-6 meters in height, with bisexual flowers. The clusters are large, in the shape of a cone or cylinder, located on a long leg. Their weight can be from 600 gr. up to 1 kg.
It has a high yield - from 75 to 80%. It is important to ration the number of clusters on a bush - leave 1-2 brushes to escape, so as not to overload the plant.
The berries are white, large, oval or round, with an average weight of 10-12 grams. The skin is quite dense, which allows the grapes to be transported for a long distance, without loss of presentation. It is not enough seed - no more than 2-3. The flesh is juicy, dense, fleshy, with a sweet rich taste and delicate floral aroma. The sugar content of berries is from 20 to 25%, acidity is 6-8 g / l.
Kesha grapes - ripening clusters
Resistance to mildew is high, but to oidium and bacterial diseases it is average, therefore it is recommended to process bushes with Bordeaux mixture and fungicides 2-3 times per season. It can tolerate temperatures up to minus 23 degrees Celsius.
The Kesh grape variety is best eaten freshly picked or chilled (it can be stored in the refrigerator until late autumn), as it belongs to table varieties.
Grapes Kesha 1: description of the variety, photo
Kesha 1 is popularly known under two names - Talisman and Super Kesha. This variety is characterized by high resistance to pests and fungal diseases. It is much frost resistant than Kesha. The type of flower at the Talisman is female, so the culture needs a pollinator.
Grape variety Talisman or Kesha 1, photo
Grapes ripen for a long time - 130-140 days, but has very large clusters and fruits. The weight of one brush can reach up to 1.2 kg, and berries up to 10-12 grams. The flesh is sweet with a delicate nutmeg flavor.
Grapes Kesha 2: basic characteristics
It is called Tamerlane, Kesha Muscat, Zlatogor. Kesha 2 is derived from the selection of Talisman and Kishmish Radiant. The grapes ripen early - 110-115 days after bud break, and weigh up to 1.5 kg. Amber-colored berries, very sweet, with a delicate pulp and a pronounced aroma of nutmeg.
Bunch of grapes Kesha 2 or Tamerlane
Basic rules for planting, growing and caring for Kesha grapes
Grapes Kesh picky in care. The variety has a large growth force, so for the best development of the vine it is recommended to tie it to high supports. Since the shoots appear very quickly, the grapes should be regularly seedling, leaving one leaf of the axillary bud. It is equally important to thin out bunches of grapes in time so that the berries are large, and the bush is not overloaded.
Kesh grapes recommended to tie to high supports
The culture is responsive to good watering and fertilizer. It is recommended to use complex feedings containing potassium and phosphorus, but nitrogen should be used only when necessary.
The variety Kesha has many advantages: the presentable appearance of clusters, the sweet harmonious taste of fruits, the simplicity of care, the high resistance to various diseases and low temperatures. Most gardeners regard it as one of the most elite, and are advised to grow several varieties on the site at once - in order to enjoy the excellent taste and bright aroma of grapes of all three varieties.
What is the difference Kesha
Its maturation is carried out in a short time: it will take about 3-4 months. The Kesh variety is distinguished by its rapid crown formation. Vine plants grow very intensively.
Vineyard clusters come in different shapes. Each of them can weigh up to a kilogram. The berries look like an oval and weigh about 10 grams. They almost do not contain pits. Taste plants are very good. The berries contain an increased amount of sugar.
The variety is frost-resistant, can withstand temperatures up to -20 degrees, easily tolerates various diseases. Kesh grapes are grown not for the production of wine, it is desirable to eat in its natural form. It is very tasty and has a delicate smell..
Types of grapes
This vineyard was chosen by breeders. He easily gives in to selection and shows high productivity. As a result of the work on the variety, two subspecies appeared: Kesh 1 and 2 grapes. The first showed tremendous yield and fell in love with gardeners from different countries. The main competition is between Kesha 1 grapes and the ancestor. Have experienced gardeners It is customary to give nicknames to your favorite plant varieties. Grapes Kesh 1 was no exception, it was called simply and concisely - Superkesha. Another name is Talisman.
It is very resistant to fungus and other biological diseases. Grapes Kesha 1 is not afraid of frost. The ancestor also had good frost resistance, but this was not enough. The super-flower blooms very beautifully, its aroma attracts insects to itself. If the grapes grow in the garden, then you get a guarantee of a pleasant smell on your plot. Its flavor is a bit like nutmeg. Without high-quality pollination, the Superkesh will not be able to give a full harvest. In the event that it is impossible to do this naturally, it is necessary to resort to artificial pollination.
The breeder called the second subspecies simply - Kesha 2. Seasoned gardeners approached this case with great enthusiasm, they nicknamed him - Zlatogor. Scientists conducted an unusual experiment and derived a unique subspecies.. They crossed Kesha 1 and kishmish Radiant. Zlatogor ripens much later than Talisman. Kesha 2 is very juicy and fragrant, its muscatelle is much stronger than that of Superkeshi.
By choosing the landing site should be approached as carefully as possible. On this depends the total yield of the plant. The first step is to choose the sunniest place on the site. The plant is very fond of the sun, like other grape varieties. It is recommended to fertilize it; for this purpose, manure, humus, peat and black earth will be suitable. In that case, if you use fertilizerswhich are designed specifically for vineyards, the efficiency will be much higher.
Unfortunately, some plant varieties have weak points, the Kesha 1 grape is no exception. He has serious pollination problems. Therefore, it is desirable to plant it between other varieties, then pollination will occur in a natural mode.
In that case, if everything is done correctly, the vineyard Kesha will begin to bear fruit one year after planting. These indicators can not boast all grapes.
- Make a quality fit is not enough. The plant requires care and care. The more a gardener puts cares into a plant, the more he gets from him.
- It is necessary to care for a plant since the beginning of spring. An experienced gardener should prepare the soil and shed it abundantly with water. This process must be carried out every year. Abundant watering of the soil should be carried out in summer. Variety Kesha loves moisture, but not at the time of flowering. In the event that it turned out to be a dry year, it is recommended to water the vineyard more often.
- Kesha needs top dressing, like any other grape variety. It is recommended to use phosphorus-potassium fertilizers. In some cases it is permissible to use nitrogen fertilizer. Top dressing should be made moderately. For each shrub requires a certain amount of fertilizer.
- The plant needs constant pruning, like any other variety. It is necessary to form the crown of the vineyard from the very beginning, otherwise the energy of the shrub will be spent on the growth of branches, and not in the fruit. It is recommended to trim before starting sap flow.
- Vineyard variety Kesh shows high yields. It is recommended to take a responsible approach to controlling the number of bunches on a shrub; the extra bunches should be removed. In this case, the berries will not be much, but they will be juicy and tasty. A very hot summer can also make its own adjustments. If this happens, it is recommended to thin each bunch so that the other berries can ripen. With one bunch, you can infringe no more than 20%.
- The grape variety Kesha requires preventive treatment. To do this, use a 1% solution of Bordeaux mixture. During the season it is enough to spend only two treatments.
- I got a sapling as a gift. I had no experience of growing grapes. Unfortunately, the vineyard developed very efficiently, but did not bear fruit. Three years have passed, the vineyard just grew. Soon I found information about growing a variety. It turned out that too much nitrogen fertilizer was applied. I eliminated my mistake and achieved the first berries. They turned out to be juicy and tasty.
- The vineyard began to bear fruit. I was very glad. Unfortunately, the berries were extremely small, and they did not ripen - not enough sun. To begin with, this is not bad. I decided to collect more information about the variety. I hope I will succeed, I will try.
Description of the variety, characteristic with a photo
Varieties Vostorg, Froamoas Albe served as breeding material for Kesh table grapes. Variety Kesha commercial, it is in demand in the market. Berries are suitable for the production of white wine and fresh consumption.
The berries are large (32 * 35 mm), oval, weighing from 10 to 15 g. The skin is white with a cream shade. The flesh is transparent, light. The seed content is low (1-3 pieces). The taste is harmonious, rich, rated by the tasting commission for 8 points. The chemical composition of the grape pulp Kesha:
- sugars from 19 to 24%,
- acids from 5 to 8 g / l.
The berries are collected in clusters of conical or conical-cylindrical shape. The average weight of one bunch depends on agricultural technology. In the absence of crop rationing, a bunch can weigh as little as 600 g, with a normal ration, 1.2 kg.
Bushes powerful with a well-developed root system. Up to 80% of shoots bear fruit. Permissible load on the bush - from 35 to 40 holes. Calculate the load on the sleeve based on the age of the grape bush. On one sleeve should be clusters as much as the bush years.
Entry into fruiting time later - 4 or 5 years after planting. Yields are annual. The size of the crop depends on the quality of care. Greater harvest is possible only with regular feedings. The duration of the growing season is average, it lasts from 120 to 130 days.
Hybrid Kesha 1 or Talisman red
The dining destination Kesh 1 has other names that are popular among lovers of the grape industry: Talisman, Super Kesha. It can be noted in the hybrid increased resistance to frost.
The frost resistance of the talisman is an order of magnitude higher than that of the Kesha variety, the bushes withstand temperatures down to -25 ° C. Despite this, it is better to grow in middle latitudes in a covering culture, this helps prevent the sleeves from freezing.
Sustainable immunity to fungal infection deserves praise. Mascot Shrubs rarely suffer from diseases of the vine: gray mold, mildew. Only female flowers are a feature of the Kesha 1 variety (Talisman). For a good harvest, it will be better if there are other pollinating varieties in the garden.
Kesh 1 matures in average time (125-135 days). Gives clusters from 800 g to 1 kg, loose or conical. The berries are conical light red in color, large, weighing up to 16 g.
The size of an average berry in centimeters is 3.5 * 3.1. The taste is excellent, light notes of nutmeg are felt in the taste of ripe berries. The quality and transportability of berries is good.
Kesha 1 is a strong-growing variety requiring formation. Worthy yields are given only with good agricultural technology:
- Conducting dressings with a balanced fertilizer complex.
- Proper organization of watering.
- Rationing harvest.
- Removal of stepsons.
- Conducting additional pollination during mass flowering.
Kesha 2 is a hybrid obtained as a result of selection work with varieties Kesha 1 and Kishmish Radiant. Other names of a grade: Tamerlan, Zlatogor, Kesh nutmeg. This hybrid is an average term of ripening, the bunches are sown for 120-130 days.
Berries in the phase of full ripeness amber, in the taste can be traced clear nutmeg notes. The largest berries are large: dimensions - 30 * 35 mm, weight up to 16 g. Berries are collected in clusters of conical shape, the largest clusters weighing more than a kilogram, smaller in the region of 800 grams. The chemical composition of the pulp:
Norm bunches to escape - up to 2 pieces. The number of fruiting shoots as a percentage from 75 to 90%. Hybrid self-pollinated. Additional pollination during the flowering period significantly increases the yield. Clusters can hang on the vine for a long time without loss of taste and without falling off. During transportation the grapes do not lose their product quality.
Critical temperature for a hybrid is - 25 ° C. The variety can be grown in a covering culture in the middle lane. Requires high-quality agrotechnology:
- Rationing of the ovaries and the number of eyes.
- Formative pruning.
- Control of stepsons.
- Shelter for the winter.
Hybrid Kesh 2 in resistance to major diseases of the vine is not inferior to its closest relatives Kesh and Super Kesh. At the same time, the prevention of diseases with the use of fungicides is not superfluous.
History of growing grapes Kesha
Kesh grapes were obtained by breeding. As a parent pair attracted two grape varieties - Delight and Frumoas Albe. The authors of the obtained method of crossing two varieties of grapes are breeders of the All-Russian Research Institute of Viticulture and Winemaking named after Ya.I. Potapenko. New hybrid acquired other names - Delight improved, FV-6–5.
Kesha bush is a vigorous, during the growing season can grow up to 5-6 meters in height, with a good maturation of the vine. The flowers are present and female, and male type (with the exception of Keshi 1 - he has only the female type). Clusters are of various structures - from conical to cylindrical, less often of indefinite form. Cluster weight about 600–1000 g.
A bunch of table grapes of Kesh variety weighs 600–1000 g, and one berry - 12 g
Taste characteristics are estimated by experts very high, as well as fruiting criteria. Tasting grade variety - 8 points, which is quite a lot for table grapes. The fruits of Kesh grapes have the following characteristics:
- the size is large, the color is light amber, the average weight of one berry is 10–12 g, its shape is usually round or oval,
- thanks to the dense skin of the fruit, these grapes can be transported without problems over long distances, keeping its product characteristics,
- in the fleshy and juicy flesh of the pits a little - about 2 or 3,
- the concentration of sugars in the pulp is high, corresponding to 18–25% (the sweetness of the Keshi berries was due to the parent variety Vostorg), while the acidity is average and equal to 6–8 g / l.
Berries of grapes Kesha ripen early - after 120-130 days. This time falls on the second half of August (depending on the region). Bushes are productive, the percentage of fruit-bearing shoots is 75–80%, the number of clusters on them is 1.2–1.5.
The only drawback of the Kesh variety is the grinding of berries during subsequent harvesting, that is, the more berries are harvested from one plant, the smaller the bunch starts to weigh - from 600 to 700 g.
Keshi bushes can safely endure the winter with temperatures down to –23 ° C. Resistance to bacterial diseases and oidium, they show an average, and therefore it is recommended to process plants 3 times per season with special peparata and fungicides. Higher immunity Kesha grapes manifests to defeat mildew.
Kesha varietal table grapes are best consumed fresh or chilled. So, in the refrigerator (at + 2–5 ° C) it can be stored until late autumn.
Description and characteristics of Kesha grape varieties
The advantages of the Kesh variety were fixed and modified in two varieties: Kesha 1 and Kesha 2. Despite the fact that these hybrids are somewhat inferior in taste to their predecessor, they show better disease resistance. Gardeners without experience often do not see the difference between them, taking for a single variety. However, this is not so: they have differences.
If there are such names of grapes as Super Kesh, Talisman, it should be understood that we are talking about a varietal variety of Kesh 1. The fruits of Kesha 1 ripen later than the original — in September (the ripening period is from 135 days). Ягоды в кисти и сама кисть крупнее и тяжелее. Масса одной ягодки составляет 12–15 г, а кисти — 800–1100 г.
Ягоды у сорта Кеша 1 (Талисман) созревают в сентябре, они крупнее (до 15 г), чем у основного сорта
Для начинающего виноградаря отличить Кешу от его разновидности Кеша 1 сложно. Лучше в этом деле довериться мнению опытного эксперта. However, the difference between varieties of one variety does not affect the principles of agricultural engineering and planting.
In Keshi 2 items, there are even more - Tamerlane, Kesha nutmeg, Zlatogor. Kesha 2 is the result of crossing varieties Kesha 1 with radiant Kishmish. In this variety, on the contrary, fruit ripening is very early, it corresponds to 105-115 days. Conical bunches are capable of growing up to 1200 g in weight, they are collected from larger berries than in Kesha 1. When ripe, the fruits become amber in color, the flesh becomes sugary and juicy with the presence of nutmeg notes. From here was born one of the names - Kesh nutmeg.
The parent forms of Keshi 2 are Kesha 1 and Kishmish radiant
Features of planting and growing grapes Kesha
The most reliable option for the purchase of seedlings - through the nursery. So there is confidence that the planting material is healthy and has the appropriate varietal qualities.
It is necessary to approach the purchase of seedlings wisely, since the rate of their survival in a new place depends on it. When buying the first thing you should pay attention to the state of the root system - inspect the roots for damage. All shoots should have a smooth color, in the place of the cut - peep through the flesh of a greenish hue.
It is better to purchase grapes with a closed root system
Bought seedling is not recommended for a long time to store without water. It is advised to soak the rhizome in a stimulating solution for a day and after that to land. Sapling should be transported with moistened roots, to prevent them from drying out.
Basic landing rules
There are certain rules that a beginner grower needs to know:
- planting seedlings in the spring is possible when the air warms up to at least +15 ° C. By the fall, shoots will grow on the seedling planted in spring, and the first berries will be only for the next season,
- the young vine should be planted before the first leaves,
- the area under the grapes is chosen the most illuminated, not swampy and closed from the winds,
- the soil should be well heated (up to 10 ° C),
- pits for planting are still being prepared in the fall, filling them with a mixture of fertile substrate and fully-rotted humus by one-third, the gaps between the pits are kept within 1–1.5 m.
Video: the necessary conditions for successful planting of grapes
The landing process itself takes place in the spring and consists of the following steps:
- In the place that was fertilized in the fall, they make spacious indentations of 80 cm in depth and width so that they can spread out the rhizomes and freely place them in the pit. At the bottom of the organized drainage.
- The root neck of the seedling or the grafting area is placed 5 cm above the ground surface.
Grape seedlings are positioned so that the root neck is 5 cm above the surface
Video: planting grapes
In the fall, planted seedlings carefully cover, helping them to withstand in extreme cold in winter. The enemy of shoots and roots is ice, which is formed in winter under appropriate weather conditions.
A landing pit dug on a site with a close location of groundwater is supplemented with a drainage layer. Drainage avoids soil bogging and saves from the appearance of putrefactive processes on the roots, fungus and other ailments.
The main nuances of growing
Special requirements for the care of the variety Kesha and its varieties do not impose. After landing, Kesh quickly takes root, it is unpretentious in development. But there are pitfalls in its cultivation, which should be considered.
Intensive watering is carried out in dry and hot weather, and abundant watering is required for the grapes before entering the flowering phase. Potash-phosphorus additives are used as a fertilizer (spring). But for nitrogen fertilizers (including urea) is recommended to be treated with caution, using in small doses.
Excessively applied nitrogenous fertilizers provoke a rapid growth of green mass, while the plant yield is caused enormous damage. In addition, the excessive growth of shoots has a bad effect on the hibernation of the bush, causing its disease and death.
Pruning grapes is different from pruning other shrubs.
- In the first year after planting on the matured vine of this year, the eyes are left (a formation that unites the buds in the leaf axil). In winter, they are in a dormant state, but next year they will grow fruit-bearing shoots. Escape in the fall pruned, leaving 2–3 peepholes of the soil level.
- In the second year, also in the fall, two one-year-old sprouts grown from these eyes are cut to:
- short (shoot replacement) with 2–3 eyes,
- long (vine for the formation of fruits).
- In the third year, the procedure is repeated. A fruiting vine produces a crop, after which it is pruned, and a new fruiting vine and a knot of substitution form from the runaway replacement for the following year.
In the second year, annual shoots of grapes are pruned for replacement shoots and fruiting vines.
In addition to the formative pruning, in the autumn they carry out a revision and the excess shoots found are pruned. A compact bush tolerates winter better, and begins to develop better for the next season. Those branches that are left for the winter, bind, bow to the ground and securely cover with insulation.
Prevention of grape diseases Kesha (mildew, oidium) is carried out three times a year:
- in the spring before the kidneys swell with a 3% solution of copper sulphate,
- in the summer, with a 3% solution of blue vitriol, Azofos for mildew, colloidal sulfur, Cumulus, Quadris for oidium, fungicides for fungal diseases,
- autumn 3% solution of ferrous sulfate from fungal diseases.
In the summer, the grapes are sprayed with a solution of colloidal sulfur from oidium
If in the first year of life the grapevine received proper care, did not experience a lack of moisture and nutrition, it will start producing crops in the second year after planting. If the shoots are very lengthened, they are recommended to shorten by pinching the tip. So the grapes that are left on the plant have a chance to fully mature.
Reviews of experienced winegrowers about Kesha variety
Planting Kesh grapes on the plot, experienced growers advise to carry out a strong formation with a reserve of perennial wood. Among the varieties of Keshi, the Kesha 1 variety, popularly called Talisman, is recognized as the best. Such an increased interest is due to the fact that Talisman berries are larger, and the plant itself is much more resistant to various ailments and pests.
Kesha grapes are one of my favorite varieties. Friends also like it because of its fruitfulness and cold resistance. The berries of this grape are large, round and elastic. The taste of grapes is sweet with a barely perceptible sourness. The taste is very pleasant. Brushes of this grape are medium in size, as our friends said. But for me, this brush seems just huge.
Yes, the bush on the street gave a gain of 50 cm, and in the greenhouse about five meters. Keshe is clearly cold in the Moscow region, but I have a lot of bushes and varieties in the open field, and for myself, my beloved, I decided to start several bushes of early and large grapes.
The first attempts to grow grapes were 20 years ago, varieties Damascus Rose and Saba Pearls. Then there were Rusven, Kesha, Cosmonaut, Cardinal, Russian Kishmish (?), Alyoshenkin, Agat Donskoy, Moskovsky Sustainable, Zilga, Isabella (real), Amursky and something else from the transfer and the unnamed name (changed by cuttings). Kesh, of course, was the champion in the size of the berries, but the vine was too powerful, up to 8 m per season, it didn’t mature.
The grapes of the table variety Kesh are worthy of breeding on the site. High yields, unpretentiousness in cultivation, minimal care - these are the main trumps of Kesha, for which it was allocated by experienced growers.
Planting and care
Grapes varieties Kesha does not impose any special requirements for growing conditions. For the full development and fruiting of grapes requires an open place in direct sunlight. In order for the plant to grow normally, the soil must be very nutritious and deeply cultivated. If the soil seems too skinny, before planting seedlings need to take care to improve the area set aside for grapes.
Watering landings are done in early spring, even before bud breaks, if the weather is dry. The second stage of watering is the time after the flowering of the bush. If necessary, water more often, especially in case of severe drought.
It is recommended to feed with potash and phosphate fertilizers, avoiding abusing nitrogen, it will have a bad effect on the yield. Nitrogen fertilizers provide only weak, poorly growing plants in the early stages of development.
Grapes must be formed most often in the form of a bush or trellis. In the spring, before the start of active sap flow, pruning is carried out. Kesha is a strong-growing grape, so it can be shortened by 4-8 buds.
Pest and disease protection
When a disease or pests occur, the plant must be treated in a timely manner with special preparations. Many growers recommend carrying out maintenance work twice a year - in spring and autumn. It is also necessary to immediately remove from the site where the grapes grow, all plant residues after pruning and fallen leaves. If you leave the waste "wintering", they can survive pests and pathogens, and next spring they immediately pounce on the young and still weak after the winter shoots.
The popular grape variety Kesha became the ancestor of some new varieties. They have in common with the main plant the description of agrotechnics, but differ in taste and some details of the structure.
The Kesh-1 variety has its own name - Talisman, but it is sometimes called Super Kesh. To taste, the berries of the plant are almost the same as their parent, but have a later ripening period, large clusters and berries. A bunch of such grapes weighs an average of 900-1100 grams, in good years and with careful care can hang out one and a half kilograms. Talisman berries are also larger than Kesha, about 12-15 g each. Among the particularly useful properties of Keshi-1 can be attributed to the resistance to most of the diseases of the grapes, while the original variety is well resistant only mildew.
Another descendant, Kesha-2, is often called Tamerlane, Zlatogor, or Kesha nutmeg. He received by crossing Talisman (Keshi-1) and Kishmish radiant. This is an early variety that can ripen in just 115 days. A detailed description will help to evaluate the beauty of this plant. The grapes are very large, with 1200 grams cone-shaped heavy clusters with large berries, which in the process of ripening change their color from green to warm amber shade. This sort of taste has a pronounced difference - it has a distinct muscate flavor.
Characteristics of the base variety
In order to evaluate the taste data, which this variety fully possesses, it is necessary to try it at least once. But to some extent, the following characteristics will help to get an impression of the quality of the grapes:
- "Kesha" fruits early enough, the ripening period is about 130 days.
- The weight of the bunch can reach up to 1.2 kg, it has a conical or irregular shape with a dense structure, which sometimes affects the shape of the berries - they press against each other and lose their roundness, becoming angular. On the shoot usually 1-3 clusters are formed.
- The berries of the plant are very large, about 3 x 2.5 cm, weigh up to 15 grams, have an oval shape, light green with a yellow tint skin and dense, fleshy flesh of a greenish-cream color. There are no more than 2-3 pips in the berry, which makes Kesh an excellent table variety, ideally suited for the role of a useful and tasty dessert.
- Grape berries have a harmonious taste with a fairly high sugar content - up to 24%, acids of about 4 - 7 g / l. Sugariness, like other varieties, depends on the weather and growing conditions.
- The plant is tall, strong, able to withstand frosts up to 23 degrees below zero. Since the bush already has a high growth, it makes no sense, and it is harmful to be addicted to top dressing with nitrogen fertilizers - you can weaken the plant, which will become worse fruit.
- Variety Kesh and its varieties have an average level of resistance to various diseases, but it is well resistant to mildew, therefore it can be recommended for planting in those areas where this disease destroys other varieties that are sensitive to it.
- About the beauty of the plant, especially at a time when the bush is richly hung with heavy clusters, photos and videos with pleasure published by owners of a wonderful variety can testify.
Kesha is able to meet the most stringent requirements for table grapes. Already one simple description makes it clear how profitable it is to plant this grateful and fruitful plant on your plot. Even a few bushes on a very small piece of land can satisfy the demand of a small family for table grapes of white grapes.
Thanks to the long and sturdy shoots, Kesha and related varieties can be successfully grown in various forms - letting go on the trellis, organize a beautiful shady arch in front of the entrance, make a pergola or a spectacular gazebo. In the summer in such a place it will always be cool and shady because of the large carved leaves and thick greenery, and in the fall you can enjoy the beauty and pleasant taste of luxurious grape clusters hanging from the shoots.
Description of grapes Kesha
Kesh grapes appeared as a result of the crossing of two varieties: Frumoas Albe and Vostorga. The table variety is a fifth generation hybrid. For him the following valuable qualities are characteristic:
- The variety is precocious. Grapes ripen on 125-130 day.
- Bush strong, vigorous.
- Vine together becomes mature.
- There are bisexual flowers.
- The clusters have high aesthetic characteristics, the weight can be equal to 1.3 kg. Conical-cylindrical or conical shape. The more crop is removed from one bush, the less weight each vine has (from 0.6 to 0.7 kg).
- Berries are large, on clusters are located randomly. The weight of each berry can reach from 11 to 15 g. The color of the grapes is white, the shape is oval, the pulp is dense and translucent. Each grape contains several seeds.
- The taste of grapes is aromatic, harmonious. Connoisseurs appreciate the taste characteristics of the Kesha variety on 8 points.
- Commercial appearance of grapes allows you to use them to decorate the holiday table.
- The variety is self-pollinated.
- Productivity is high, characterized by stability from year to year.
The first harvest will be available 5 years after planting the grapes. Under conditions of growth and care that are optimal for the Kesha variety, it will bear fruit every year without interruption. The variety is resistant to low temperatures. He will survive, even if the winter frost will be at -23 degrees. Bunches of grapes are well transported. Variety Kesha is resistant to diseases and pests.
This type of grape is not free from shortcomings. So when there are too many clusters on a bush, each brush will have a small weight and size. Despite the fact that grapes respond well to fertilizer application, it is important to remember that an excess of nitrogen in the soil invariably leads to the death of the variety.
Planting and cultivation of grapes Kesha
Both Kesha and the Red Talisman require that certain planting conditions be followed, which must be followed in order to achieve a full-fledged, healthy fruiting bush.
Land for planting seedlings should be as fertile as possible. It is desirable that it was black soil. It is important to observe the degree of moistening of the substrate. When the soil is too wet, the root system, especially in young plants, will quickly rot. Both varieties are planted on the southern side of the plot so that the vine receives as much sunlight and heat as possible.
The varieties Kesha and Talisman red are perfectly acclimatized both in autumn and in spring planting. The seedling can be purchased, and you can get a grade by stock, which is planted on the shtamb old bush. When spring planting, the threat of frost should be avoided, and the air should warm up to the level of 10 to 15 degrees.
Pits for planting should be at a distance of 1.5 m from each other. The root system of a young plant is too fragile, so when planting grapes, you must be extremely careful. The neck of the root of the plant, as well as the graft should be above ground level and not be filled. The upper bulk layer of the substrate must be mixed with fertilizers. The first time after planting a young plant needs abundant watering. So the rate of water consumption per sapling is from 20 to 25 liters. It is desirable to fix the seedlings immediately after planting on a reliable support.
Vaccination Keshi on old shtamb
In order to get on your site a new grape variety Kesha does not need to remove old plants. To do this, it will be enough to cut Keshi, which were covered with a stiff layer, to instill in the vine an old bush. Escape before vaccination should be cut diagonally, soak in a solution of humate.
On an old plant, the graft site must be thoroughly cleaned. Only after cleaning shtamb split with an ax or knife. На один штамб может быть привито сразу несколько новых черенков. Побег нужно вставить в расщепленное место и закрыть тканью.
Уход за виноградом Кеша
Качество урожая, а также его количество напрямую зависят от регулярности и обильности полива. Весной растение пробуждается от зимы, в нем начинают активно запускаться вегетативные процессы, поэтому, начиная с весенних месяцев, виноград предъявляет повышенную потребность в поливе. It persists throughout the period when the bush has completely bloomed. This rule of care applies to all types of grapes. It is important to place drainage systems near the vineyard, which will ensure the outflow of excess moisture, which is detrimental to the root system.
The soil under the grapes must be regularly mulched. This procedure will protect it from freezing and help maintain the required level of moisture. Rotted manure is suitable for mulching. It will be enough to three-centimeter mulch layer.
It is important to provide the plant with a strong, reliable support, since as the growth grows, the green mass and clusters that appear will make it quite heavy.
Grapes Kesha needs regular fertilizing. Throughout the season, it is fertilized with organic and phosphorus-potassium substances.
How to cut grapes Kesha?
Pruning grapes helps to properly distribute the load of clusters on the bush, and also forms a beautiful crown of the plant. If dried stalks, damaged branches were found on the bush, then you need to get rid of them as soon as possible so that they do not interfere with the normal development of healthy parts. Pruned grapes in autumn, when all the vegetative processes in it are completed and he is preparing for the winter dormancy period. Spring is also suitable for pruning, but only in the early months, when the buds on the plant had not yet begun their awakening. Compliance with the principles of pruning will ensure a bountiful harvest and plant health in general. It will be right to leave on one branch for one vine. This is especially relevant during the arid hot summer.
In late autumn, young plants shelter from the approaching frosts. Straw, hay, which is attached to the branches with a heavy load, will be suitable as a covering material.
The above basic principles of care for the grape variety Kesh will help to achieve a rich harvest every year, to keep the plant strong and healthy.