The motherwort herb, whose medicinal properties and contraindications are described in this article, is an herbaceous perennial plant. In traditional and traditional medicine it is valuable for its sedative, sedative, cardiotonic, antispasmodic, bactericidal, hypotensive action. Mainly used in the form of tablets and alcohol tinctures.
Motherwort, whose medicinal properties and contraindications to people have long been known, is an excellent remedy for insomnia and nerves. But the grass has a number of other useful properties. It is used actively as a general tonic, cardiotonic, anticonvulsant, antispasmodic, diuretic. In the state pharmacopoeia of our country, this herb takes its place of honor.
How does motherwort look like? There are 25 species of this herbaceous perennial plant. Only three of them are used for medical purposes. These species are similar in useful properties and morphological structure.
Motherwort shaggy (five-bladed)
The height of this plant can reach 150 cm. This species has an erect stem with a small number of branches, as well as pubescent hairs. An interesting feature of the leaves is toothed along the edge, 3-5 lobed, dark green above, gray below, on both sides of the leaf with glandular hairs. Collected flowers in whorls, bilabiate, small, pink. In the botanical classification previously referred to the kind of heartwort.
The leaves and the stem have a grayish color, hence the name of this plant. Stem pubescent, able to reach a height of 1 meter. On whorls flowers are small, pale pink.
All 3 species belong to weedy (ruderal) plants. They can quickly capture resource free territories, while forming thickets. They prefer to grow around dwellings and roads, in weedy places, gardens, rare forests, in ravines, ravines, on vacant lots, slopes and cliffs, railway embankments and abandoned quarries, pastures and pastures, can be found less often along river banks. The grass prefers clay, sandy soils, while enriched with nitrogen.
It is widespread throughout Eastern and Central Europe, Ukraine, Belarus, Central Asia, as well as Western and Eastern Siberia, Mongolia, China, and also in the Caucasus. Well caught on as an alien plant in North America. The range of blue-mint motherwort in Russia is somewhat limited; basically it can be seen in the European part and in the southern regions of our country.
It is recommended to harvest the entire top of the grass with the flowers together. In addition, nutrients are found in the leaves.
Motherwort healing properties and contraindications for men and women is very different. Its pharmacological action:
- wound healing.
Motherwort herb has medicinal properties and contraindications, as mentioned above, are very diverse. It has other healing properties:
- regulating the menstrual cycle,
Indications for use
Motherwort herb has healing properties and contraindications that extend to all human systems. What does she heal? What symptoms and illnesses is it most effective at?
- The cardiovascular system. With elevated pressure, drinking is useful for normalizing heart rhythm. This is a famous cardiotonic agent in scientific medicine. It is prescribed for myocarditis, angina pectoris, heart failure, cardiac neurosis, vegetative dystonia, dyspnea, atherosclerosis, sclerosis of cerebral vessels. The herb perfectly stimulates blood circulation, in addition, effectively improves the composition of the blood, therefore, it is prescribed for anemia.
- CNS. The herb helps with neurosis, insomnia, increased anxiety, hysteria, panic attacks and fear, relieves neuralgic and headaches. Not inferior to the action on the CNS valerian. In addition, the herb can be prescribed in the complex treatment of seizures, epilepsy, paralysis.
- Digestive system. The herb is beneficial for disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, while relieves pain, spasms, eliminates bloating, easily helps with intestinal colic and stomach.
- Urinary system. Used in therapy for edema, cystitis associated with cardiac and renal failure.
- Respiratory system. This herb has expectorant and anti-inflammatory effects. Broths are effective when coughing (bronchial asthma, bronchitis, ARVI, pneumonia, flu). In addition, it is used as an antipyretic and diaphoretic.
- Endocrinology. The plant cleanses the blood, normalizes metabolism, acts on the hormonal system, while motherwort is prescribed for various thyroid diseases.
- Outdoor use. Infusions, fresh juice and spirit tinctures of the plant are used by the people in the treatment of non-healing wounds, ulcers, burns.
So, motherwort healing properties and contraindications for women and men are very different. What are its contraindications? They are few: an allergic reaction, individual intolerance, bradycardia, thrombosis, varicose veins. In addition, the official instructions stipulate that this herb can not be taken during pregnancy and during breastfeeding. This issue must be individually addressed with the attending doctor. The plant is prescribed with caution in case of hypotension, as it can cause harm - to lower the pressure, cause lethargy and drowsiness.
Motherwort tablets, therapeutic properties and contraindications of which are similar to the plant itself, are in different packages: from 10 to 100 pieces. The tool relates to pharmacological drugs of cardiotonic, sedative, anticonvulsant action. It is also used as a Motherwort Forte diuretic.
Medicinal properties and contraindications of tincture are similar. The main active ingredient - extracts of the five-lobed and hearty motherwort. There is an herb on 70% alcohol. The main pharmacological action is hypotensive, sedative, sedative.
How to brew motherwort, therapeutic properties and contraindications of which are described in this article? There is no difference between infusion and tea. In different herbalists, each recipe can be called differently. But usually infusions insist longer, while tea - 15 minutes.
It will take a tablespoon of raw materials. Pour a glass of boiling water. 1 hour insist. Then strain. Use motherwort in this form, the therapeutic properties and contraindications of which today are of interest to many, depending on the symptoms - ½ or ¼ cup three times a day. It perfectly helps with nervous excitability, it is effective in case of intestinal and stomach diseases that are associated with “nerves”.
Take a couple of tablespoons of herbs. Fill it with a glass of hot water. About 10 minutes insist. Strain. After a day, you can drink a glass of this tea, dividing it into 3 uses. The course of treatment can last up to a month.
How does it look
Appearance (photo) motherwort In the height motherwort reaches 30−200 cm. It has taproot. Its stem is tetrahedral, upright, sometimes branched.
The leaves of motherwort are petioled. Lower palchatolopastnye or palchatorasosesennye, upper - same or whole. Bottom leaves are the largest, up to 15 cm in length, closer to the top become smaller.
The flowers are small, collected in spike-shaped inflorescences, intermittent, located at the ends of the stems and branches in the axils of the leaves. The bare or hairy cups are incised into 5 teeth by one third or to the middle. The flowers have 4 stamens. Motherwort blooms throughout the summer.
The fruit is cenobium, consists of 4 uniformly developed nut-like single-seeded parts - eremov. Each Erem 2−3 mm long, is enclosed in the remaining cup. Fruits spread by clinging to animal fur and human clothing.
The habitat of the genus Motherwort - Middle East, Europe, Central Asia, Siberia. Heart grass grows along rivers, meadows, glades, wastelands, garbage places near residential buildings, railway embankments, in ravines and old quarries. It grows mainly on clay-sandy soils.
Heartwort is widespread in Europe; in Russia, the five-blade wortwort is most common.
Useful properties of motherwort:
- pain reliever
The main field of application of motherwort drugs is the treatment of diseases of the nervous and cardiovascular systems..
Motherwort soothes the nervous system, helps in the treatment of stress, neurosis, anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, neurasthenia, epilepsy. Plant based remedies help eliminate headaches and migraine attacks. In this article, we talked about the use of motherwort in the IRR.
Motherwort lowers blood pressure and lowers heart rate. It is used in hypertension, tachycardia, cardiosclerosis, sclerosis of cerebral vessels, arrhythmias, myocarditis, angina pectoris, and thrombosis.
Motherwort treatment is prescribed for diseases of the endocrine system, such as, for example, Grave's disease and diabetes. Motherwort normalizes the production of hormones by the thyroid gland. It helps with premenstrual syndrome and menopause. Read more about motherwort for women here.
The motherwort is useful not only for women, but also for men's health. The plant calms the nervous system, but does not affect the potency, unlike other sedatives. Learn more about the use of motherwort for men.
Motherwort is used to treat diseases of the stomach, as it relieves spasms. Applied as a diuretic, allergy medication.
How to collect
Collect and harvest the upper parts of the plant during its flowering period. Cut off with scissors or tear hands. Collected raw materials are dried under sheds or in well ventilated areas without access to sunlight.
Store in glass jars, wooden boxes or linen bags. Motherwort shelf life is 3 years.
How to apply
The most popular remedy is motherwort tincture. How to drink motherwort? Motherwort is taken in the form of tea, decoction, infusion or alcohol tincture. Dry motherwort powder is added to food. At the pharmacy, you can buy motherwort in pills. Motherwort drugs differ in the concentration of the active substance. Most concentrated tincture of alcohol.
Depending on the condition or disease of the patient, different forms of motherwort can be assigned. With a one-time stress, anxiety, headache, you can drink one-time tincture of motherwort in the amount of 30−50 drops - for an adult. For children under 12 years of age, the dosage is calculated as follows - 1 drop for 1 year of life. Motherwort is diluted in a little water and drunk 30 minutes before a meal or 1 hour after it.
If stress and anxiety occur frequently, the patient has neurosis, neurasthenia, VSD, depression or other diseases of the nervous system, motherwort takes a course. It can be not only motherwort in drops, but also decoctions, infusions, tablets. For example, during pregnancy take weakly concentrated decoctions and teas, and alcohol tincture is prohibited. How to take motherwort during pregnancy, read this article. Here we told how to use motherwort with breastfeeding.
For the treatment of insomnia motherwort drink for 1 hour before bedtime. Learn how to improve sleep with motherwort.
For the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, motherwort takes a course, often in the form of an alcohol tincture.
Take 30−50 drops of the drug 3-4 times a day half an hour before meals. With a one-time increase in blood pressure, you can take motherwort tincture. To normalize blood pressure, you can drink tea or decoction of the plant for several days. Read more about motherwort with pressure here.
The exact dosage and duration of the therapeutic course is prescribed by the attending physician based on the disease, medical history, age and weight of the patient, and other factors. Motherwort is an aid only. For serious diseases of the cardiovascular system, take medications prescribed by a doctor.
In this article we talked about the use of motherwort for the heart.
Characteristics of motherwort
Where is growing and what does motherwort look like? What are the medicinal properties of motherwort herb and contraindications? How to harvest this medicinal plant? What side effects can it give?
What does the motherwort plant look like? There are about 25 species of this perennial herbaceous plant. Of these, only three species are used for medicinal purposes. The morphological structure and useful properties of these species are similar to each other.
- Motherwort five-lobed (shaggy). Plant height can be from 50 to 150 cm. In this species, an erect stem with a small number of branches, pubescent with hairs. The characteristic feature of the leaves is toothed along the edge, 3-5 lobed (hence the name), dark green above, gray below, with glandular hairs on both sides of the leaf. The flowers are collected in whorls, small, double-lipped, pink. Previously in the botanical classification refers to the subspecies heartwort.
Motherwort hearty. Botanical illustration of Jacob Sturm from the book “Deutschlands Flora in Abbildungen”, 1796.
Motherwort heart (ordinary). Its main difference is the bare stem, slightly hairy on the ribs. He also has little glandular hairs on the leaves, flowers are smaller, with a bare cup.
Most often in pharmacology use motherwort five-lobed and hearty, and gray is more known in traditional medicine. Both the five-lobed and hearty motherwort bloom all summer, and the gray one only in June-July.
All three species are ruderal (weedy) plants. Capable of quickly capturing free resource areas, forming thickets. They love to grow around roads and homes, in gardens, weedy places, rare forests, on waste grounds, in ravines, ravines, on cliffs and slopes, abandoned quarries and railway embankments, pastures and pastures, less often can be found along river banks. Grass loves sandy, clayey soils enriched with nitrogen. It is widespread in Central and Eastern Europe, Belarus, Ukraine, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Siberia, China, Mongolia, and the Caucasus. As an invasive plant well caught on in North America. The area of gray motherwort is somewhat limited, more often it can be seen in the European part of Russia, in the southern regions.
Collecting and harvesting
It is recommended to harvest the entire top part of the grass along with flowers. Also beneficial substances found in the leaves.
- Time and method of collection. It is better to collect the grass in the period of full bloom, when the flower petals are fully revealed. Most often this occurs in July. Side shoots are cut with knives or scissors along with a stem up to 40 cm in length. Recommend collection only in dry, clear weather.
- Drying The grass is laid out in a thin layer, often teddled. Dried under natural conditions, with access to fresh air, but without direct sunlight. On the readiness of raw materials says its fragility and fragility.
- Storage The grass is packaged in linen bags, wooden boxes, protect from moisture. Store no more than 3 years.
What is the pharmacological effect of motherwort?
- Wound healing.
Motherwort five-bladed has additional healing properties:
- regulating the menstrual cycle.
What is the chemical composition of motherwort?
- Alkaloids (the main ones are stachidrin, leonurin, leonurinin).
- Essential oil.
- Vitamins C, A.
Indications for use
What does motherwort treat? Under what diseases and symptoms is it most effective?
- Central nervous system . The herb helps with insomnia, neurosis, hysteria, increased anxiety, bouts of fear and panic, relieves headaches and neuralgic pains. On the effects on the central nervous system is not inferior even valerian. Also, the herb can be prescribed in the complex treatment of epilepsy, seizures, paralysis.
- The cardiovascular system . It is useful to drink at elevated pressure, to normalize heart rate. This cardiotonic medicine known in scientific medicine. Его назначают при стенокардии, миокардитах, кардионеврозах, сердечной недостаточности, одышке, вегетативной дистонии, склерозе сосудов мозга, атеросклерозе. Трава не только стимулирует кровообращение, но также улучшает состав крови, поэтому ее назначают при анемии.
- Urinary system . Accepted in the treatment of cystitis, edema associated with renal and heart failure.
- Digestive system . Benefits the herb with functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, eliminates bloating, well removes cramps, pain, helps with stomach cramps and intestines.
- Endocrinology. The grass normalizes metabolism, cleanses the blood, affects the hormonal system, it is prescribed for thyroid disease (with hyperfunction).
- Respiratory system . The herb has anti-inflammatory and expectorant action. Her decoctions help with coughing (bronchitis, bronchial asthma, pneumonia, ARVI, flu). They also drink it as a diaphoretic and febrifuge.
- External use in traditional medicine. Infusions, spirit tinctures and fresh plant juice are popularly used in the treatment of burns, ulcers, non-healing wounds.
Drug Interactions and Side Effects
It is important to consider not only the beneficial properties of motherwort and contraindications, but also its interaction with other drugs, the risk of side effects.
- Side effects of motherwort. With moderate doses, side effects are rare. But with a dose increase and prolonged use, the following symptoms are possible: nausea, vomiting, dizziness, body aches, bloody diarrhea, severe thirst. In this situation, you should immediately consult a doctor.
- Drug interaction. Can be combined with other heart and sedative drugs, but under the supervision of a physician, to prevent overdose. It is proved that the herb enhances the effect of painkillers and hypnotics. According to its medicinal properties, this plant is closest to the action of valerian. In some herbalists indicated that motherwort is 3 times stronger than valerian for sedative properties.
Homemade tincture of motherwort is recommended to make 70% alcohol. It is used for all the above diagnoses and symptoms. This is the most popular medicinal form of the herb.
- Take 1 piece of raw material.
- Pour 5 parts of alcohol.
- Insist 7 days in a dark place.
How many drops of tincture can I take? The dose and treatment prescribed by the doctor, taking into account the individual characteristics and severity of symptoms. The permissible dose of homemade tincture is 30 drops 3 times a day. Drops diluted in water.
Features of use in men, women, children
What benefits does grass bring to men and women? Is it possible to give grass to children? And at what age?
- For men . Motherwort is indicated for men with all the above mentioned diseases. It is also useful to take water and alcohol infusions for diseases of the genitourinary sphere (in particular, for inflammation of the prostate gland). A contraindication may be an activity requiring high concentration of attention and quickness of psychomotor reactions. Do not recommend to take drivers, machinists, pilots, machine operators.
- For women . Motherwort has hemostatic properties, it is prescribed for uterine bleeding. They also drink grass to normalize the menstrual cycle, to ease PMS. It is an effective drug in the premenopausal period, it has a beneficial effect on the emotional state of a woman, relieves headaches, irritability, anxiety, and normalizes sleep. Read more about motherwort during pregnancy in our other article.
- Motherwort children. The herb is widely used in pediatrics (both in infants and adolescents). Although often in the official instructions specified age limit: can be applied from 12 years. Grass can be given to a child of any age only by prescription, with an exact age dosage. Most often motherwort prescribed for such symptoms in children: hyperactivity, anxiety, poor sleep, dystonia, cardiac arrhythmias, neurotic states, bouts of fear and panic attacks, functional disorders of the digestive system. It is useful to add motherwort to therapeutic baths.
In some herbalists indicated that lactating women with increased nervous excitability can drink water infusion of motherwort. Also when breastfeeding grass has a beneficial effect on the baby. But the question of admission must be addressed individually with your doctor.
What is the main use of motherwort grass? This is an effective tool for functional disorders of the nervous system, insomnia, cardiac abnormalities. Also, grass is useful to take with gastric and intestinal cramps, flatulence. It is often prescribed to women in the premenopausal period, children and adolescents with signs of vegetative dystonia, hyperactivity.
Description, characteristics, photos of plants
This is a perennial herb with gray, flat stems with a reddish tint. He has palmate leaves, and flowers are collected in false whorls. Fruits resemble small tetrahedral nuts.
Another name for motherwort is dog nettle or heart grass. This is not accidental, since, in the first place, motherwort is used as a heart remedy. However, its scope is much wider.
The plant grows in Europe and Asia, in the Caucasus and in Western Siberia. Flowering begins in the second year of life in the first half of summer.
Collecting and storing dog nettle
In order for the plant to retain all its healing properties, it is necessary to follow some rules when collecting it:
- only the tops of the plant are used,
- the thickness of the stem should not exceed 5 mm,
- the length of the top is harvested about 40 cm.
For storage use the tops of the plant.
The tops are tied up in small bunches and dried in a well-ventilated area, avoiding direct sunlight. You can do this in a specialized dryer at a temperature of 50-60 degrees.
Dried grass is stored in canvas bags, also suitable cardboard boxes or thick paper bags. It is important not to allow direct sunlight and excessive moisture. In such conditions, the shelf life is about three and a half years. Further storage is considered impractical because the motherwort begins to lose its qualities.
Fresh juice of heart grass can be stored in the refrigerator for three days. Alcohol tincture is stored in a well-sealed vessel for about a year.
Properly cooked motherwort has a bitter taste and a slight peculiar smell.
Many reviews have come down to us about the use of heart grass in the Middle Ages. However, subsequently, the plant was undeservedly forgotten. New life to motherwort was given by Professor Nikolai Vasilyevich Vershinin. During the First World War, he was looking for a means to control toxic gases and drew attention to the soothing and cleansing effect of motherwort. As the head of the department of pharmacology, Vershinin continued research and described all the properties of motherwort and other medicinal herbs.
Application and field of activity motherwort
The medicinal effect of canine nettle is similar to the action of lily of the valley and valerian, but the result is three times higher than the effect that results from their effect. The main emphasis of the application of the plant is on the use of its sedative properties. However, motherwort can help in many situations:
Motherwort treats heart disease
- Heart grass stabilizes the heart rhythm, has anticonvulsant and anti-inflammatory effects, controls pressure readings and cholesterol levels in the body. Supports the content of glucose and beneficial acids, breaks down and removes fats.
- Motherwort is very useful in diseases of the digestive system, normalizes the process of digestion, relieves spasms. It has diuretic properties.
- The plant has anti-inflammatory and expectorant action.
- It is very successfully used for tachycardia, enhancing myocardial contractions. It helps in the treatment of coronary heart disease and heart failure, and at any stage of the disease.
- It acts as a blood pressure stabilizer, successfully lowers it in hypertension.
- Used in gynecology during menopause and with painful manifestations of monthly discharge. Helps in stopping uterine bleeding.
- It cures colds, old cough.
- It is used in cases of Grave Cause and Epilepsy.
- Motherwort seeds are used in the treatment of glaucoma.
- Actively used in cosmetology.
Motherwort broth for insomnia
Canine nettle is used for various disorders of the nervous system:
- vascular dystonia,
Side effects and contraindications
Officially, there are no contraindications in the use of motherwort, but herbalists recommend caution in treating this herb, and in some cases, it is advised not to use it:
- You should not get involved in the use of heart grass, if you have consistently low blood pressure,
- while driving a vehicle, as well as in other cases requiring increased attention, it is necessary to abandon preparations containing canine nettle, since drowsiness may occur,
- categorically do not advise to use motherwort during pregnancy and lactation,
- cardiac grass should be avoided for women who have recently had a miscarriage or have had an abortion.
Overdose of motherwort in any form, causes nausea, dizziness, diarrhea. Therefore, do not start taking weed alone, consult with a competent therapist.
A unique recipe tincture
Unfortunately, our body is not able to cure all diseases at once with the help of a single drug. However, our ancestors invented a wonderful tincture of hawthorn, valerian, motherwort and peony. It allows you to solve several problems at once:
- Hawthorn supports the heart muscle and stimulates the blood circulation process. At the same time, it enhances immunity and raises the overall tone of the body.
- Valerian along with motherwort has a calming effect, but in this tincture it is used as an antispasmodic. It should be remembered that the effect of valerian is not limited to one time, the effect begins to be felt after about a week, but the duration of its action stretches for several months.
- Heart herb is the main component of this tincture. It has a beneficial effect on the state of blood vessels, relieves spasms. Unlike valerian, the soothing effect of motherwort can be felt for half an hour.
- Peony stimulates brain activity, increases efficiency and improves health. A pleasant "side effect" is the production of endorphins, the so-called happiness hormones.
Motherwort tincture during pregnancy
Treatment of a hangover with motherwort
The composition of the dog nettle includes magnesium and vitamin B6. It is these ingredients that have excellent restorative action after the abuse of alcoholic beverages.
It is recommended to dissolve 30 drops of tincture in 100 grams of warm water. It is necessary to maintain the water-salt balance of the body with mineral water.
Motherwort tincture is made from natural ingredients, so herbalists are advised to replace the anesthetic tablet with a tea spoon of motherwort. In addition to the disappearance of pain, the heart rate normalizes and blood pressure stabilizes.
If the headaches are chronic, it is recommended to undergo a ten-day course of treatment, taking motherwort tincture three times a day, one teaspoonful. It is recommended to drink herbal infusion with water or warm milk.
Motherwort relieves headaches
The use of motherwort during menopause
Age changes do not spare anyone. Unfortunately, the onset of menopause, accompanied by quite unpleasant symptoms:
- sudden rise in temperature
- increased heart rate
- vaginal dryness
- frequent urination,
- mood swings
- increased fatigue
- decrease in sexual energy
- accelerated appearance of wrinkles.
To alleviate the unpleasant symptoms of menopause, your gynecologist may recommend taking motherwort. A very good helper in this case will be herbal tea based on the collection of motherwort. It is prepared quite simply:
- dog nettle,
- common nettle,
- shepherd's bag.
Herbs are taken in equal parts, poured 200 grams of boiling water and languish for 15 minutes in a water bath. This tea will not only improve health, but also stop possible uterine bleeding.
Motherwort for depression and panic attacks
Depression, called depression, is a very dangerous stage in the functioning of the body. Experts believe that the effects of depression can be unpredictable for the body. And the result can be both explicit and hidden.
Our ancestors did not know this fashionable word now, but they understood the perniciousness of such a process. For a long time, to get rid of this ailment, heart grass was used. Evidence of this can be found in the classical literature.
The use of motherwort for depression
Researchers have shown that motherwort contains a large number of nutrients that simultaneously have a calming effect and do not inhibit the nervous system of the body.
During a depressive state, panic attacks are often manifested. Note that during a rush of fear, no medicine will be able to help. But this does not mean that this problem cannot be solved with the help of motherwort. Experts recommend taking broth or tincture of motherwort daily for a month, three times a day. The dose of the drug must be calculated on the basis of their age. However, do not take more than 40 drops at a time.
Finally, I want to wish you health. Be healthy and beautiful. Use the generous gifts of nature. I hope the information in the article was useful to you. Subscribe to our updates. All the best.
Mix the mixture from equal parts of Hypericum, motherwort, hawthorn and lemon balm, valerian. It will take 2 tbsp. spoons of this mixture. Fill it with a glass of hot water. Means insist about 10 minutes, then strain. Such a collection, according to reviews, perfectly helps with dystonia, relieves anxiety, bouts of fear. In addition, it is good to drink it for the prevention of atherosclerosis, as well as the normalization of the heart.
For the stomach
Motherwort is used to treat gastritis and stomach ulcers. It relieves pain, relieves muscle spasms of the stomach and reduces inflammation.
For the treatment of gastric diseases it is recommended to take motherwort broth - по cup before meals. You can also take alcohol tincture - ½ teaspoon 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
Read more about the use of motherwort for the stomach in this article.
Motherwort has a diuretic effect, it is used to treat kidney disease, relieve edema.
Most often used in the quality of tea, decoction, infusion. The dosage, regimen and duration of the therapeutic course are prescribed by the attending physician.
Motherwort is used to treat hypothyroidism - a persistent thyroid hormone deficiency. To do this, take the infusion of motherwort and cup 2 times daily before meals.
Also for the treatment of thyroid diseases use motherwort with other herbs. The plant is brewed with mint, valerian, hawthorn and green walnuts.
Features of use in men, women and children
Motherwort is prescribed to men not only in case of nervous disorders and increased excitability. Medicinal plant helps with stagnation in the pelvis. It is used to treat prostatitis and prostate adenoma.
The motherwort is also useful for women's health. It is prescribed during menopause. Drugs based on motherwort normalize hormones, eliminate fever and other symptoms of menopause. With menstrual motherwort relieves pain. Able to stop uterine bleeding. Positive effect on the emotional background of women.
Motherwort for children is used in the form of decoctions and infusions. Small children do not give medicine with the plant, but they use it for soothing baths. Such baths can be taken both for infants and older children.
Children over the age of 12 years, motherwort medications are prescribed for hyperactivity, restless sleep, IRR, bouts of fear and panic attacks, neurotic states, and digestive disorders. In childhood, it is preferable to take decoctions, water infusions and motherwort tablets.
Read more about the use of motherwort in children in this article. About the use of plants for adults, we have told here.
Recipes infusion, tincture, tea with motherwort
In this section, we presented recipes for water infusion, spirit tinctures and motherwort tea.
Motherwort infusion is used for nervous overexcitement, stress, high blood pressure, digestive disorders and other conditions. Take a one-time or course. You must first consult with your doctor.
- Dry leaves of motherwort - 1 tablespoon.
- Boiling water - 1 cup.
Как приготовить: Залейте листья пустырника кипятком. Настаивайте в течение 1 часа. Процедите перед употреблением.
Как использовать: Пейте по ⅓ стакана настоя 3 раза в день за 30 минут до еды.
Спиртовая настойка пустырника — наиболее концентрированное средство. Ниже приведены рецепт, инструкция по применению и дозировка настойки пустырника.
- Сухие листья пустырника — 100 г.
- Медицинский спирт 70% - 500 мл.
Как приготовить: Засыпьте сырье в стеклянную банку или бутылку, лучше темного цвета. Fill motherwort with alcohol. Close the container and place in a dark, cool place. Insist on medication for 7 days. Strain before use.
How to use: Take 15–30 drops of the tincture once or 3-4 times a day 30 minutes before meals with warm water.
Motherwort tea does not need to boil and insist for a long time. This is a less concentrated remedy, it can be used for fatigue, stress, headache, drink a course to lower blood pressure.
- Dry leaves of motherwort - 2 teaspoons.
- Boiling water - 1 cup.
How to cook: Fill the motherwort with boiling water. Insist 15 minutes. Strain before use.
How to use: Drink a daily volume for 2−3 times before meals.
Tincture 5 herbs
Motherwort is a soothing collection of 5 tinctures - valerian, motherwort, hawthorn, peony and Corvalol. The tool is used to improve the nervous and cardiovascular systems. Tincture of 5 components - valerian, motherwort, peony, hawthorn, Corvalol soothes, lowers blood pressure, strengthens blood vessels.
- Motherwort tincture - 1 part.
- Valerian tincture - 1 part.
- Tincture hawthorn - 1 part.
- Peony tincture - 1 part.
- Tincture of Corvalol - 1 part.
How to cook: Mix tinctures.
How to use: Take 30 drops of the drug, dissolved in 50 ml of water, 3 times a day.
What is motherwort?
It belongs to motherwort in the family Yasnotkovyh, is a perennial plant with branched tetrahedral stems and petioles. It can reach a length of 100 cm. The Latin name Leonurus quinquelobatus is translated as Russian means Motherwort five-lobed. That is the structure of the leaves of the plant, which are cut into 5 blades. Motherwort flowers are quite rare flowers from June to October.
Emaciated Stepanenko: I weighed 108, and now 65. At night she drank warm. Read more here.
There are several other names by which the motherwort is known - this is dog, deaf and wild nettle, heart grass or core. A special value in the treatment of various diseases is that there are many medicinal properties of the plant, but practically no contraindications.
The healing properties of motherwort betray many valuable elements in its composition:
- Alkaloids - have a calming and analgesic effect, relieve cramps,
- Flavonoids - have sedative properties, strengthen blood vessels and reduce puffiness,
- Tannins, which have astringent properties, reduce inflammation,
- Carotene, which is an antioxidant,
- Saponins with anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties
- Vitamin P (rutin), which reduces pressure, has a diuretic effect, improves immunity,
- Glycosides - help fight arrhythmia, increase the tone of the heart muscle,
- Essential oils.
Many medicinal properties of motherwort used for medical purposes, if there are no contraindications to its reception. The herb has the following therapeutic effects:
- hypotensive - normalizes blood pressure,
- Cardiotonic - stimulates the contraction of the heart and restores the heartbeat in heart diseases,
- antispasmodic and vasodilator - relieves pain and cramps in the vessels of the nervous system,
- sedative - has a positive effect on the general well-being of the body, restores sleep and eliminates nervous breakdown,
- anticonvulsant - eliminates convulsions,
I was able to get rid of ARTHROSIS AND OSTEOCHONDROSIS PER MONTH! Operations are not needed. Read more here.
Hearty tea has a pleasant aroma and many healing properties. Used to restore:
- nervous system
- if you have trouble sleeping,
- excessive nervous load
- therapeutic tea reduces premenstrual syndrome in women
- helps relieve headache
- anxiety and tearfulness.
How to brew tea
The instruction is simple; brewing tea does not require special skills and means. It is necessary:
- 2 tsp. dry grass
- pour boiling water
- cover and leave to insist 15-20 minutes,
- strain through cheesecloth or strainer to remove grass residue.
How to use
On average, the treatment of motherwort lasts 30 days. Be sure to use tea every day, not missing a single day to achieve the desired result. Rate per day - 1 cup of tea. You can use the whole amount at a time, and you can divide it into several techniques. It is best to drink half a serving in the morning and the second in the evening. Drink tea warm, in small sips.
From motherwort prepared:
- tinctures on alcohol or water
- the juice,
Often, heart grass can be found in various herbal teas.
Important! The main requirement, for maximum effect, is to properly follow the cooking and use scheme.
With the exacerbation of gastritis or gastric ulcers take inside the broth or tincture of motherwort. Here are the recipes:
- 4 tbsp. l herbs,
- pour 200 ml of boiling water,
- let stand for half an hour, strain,
- Take before meals for 1/3 cup.
- 2 tbsp. l motherwort,
- pour 0.2 liters of vodka
- leave for 96 hours in a dark place.
- Eat before meals 4 times a day for a teaspoon.
Motherwort for heart treatment is used in the form of tinctures on alcohol or various decoctions. Effective recipes:
- Alcohol tinctures of motherwort, Corvalol, peony and valerian are mixed in equal proportions. Use 30 drops of this mixture every day before bedtime or as needed,
- 2 tsp. herbs,
- pour 400 ml of water at room temperature,
- leave to brew for 8 hours
- received infusion filter,
- use 50 ml 30 minutes before meals, 4 times a day.
Motherwort helps to organize the work of the digestive tract. When pancreatitis apply these recipes:
- 3 tbsp. l motherwort,
- pour 0.2 liters of boiling water,
- Cover and leave for 90 min.
- strain and keep covered,
- take the resulting infusion for half an hour before meals for 1 tbsp. l., course 2-4 weeks,
- 2 tbsp. l mint, Hypericum and motherwort,
- 700 ml of boiling water are poured,
- insist 2 hours
- Within 10 days, this infusion is taken three times a day, 100 ml.
Reducing blood pressure is one of the most important beneficial properties of this plant.
Important! For people with low blood pressure to use the core is contraindicated.
From high blood pressure, there are such recipes with motherwort:
- 50 gr. dry grass
- filled with 1 cup of alcohol or vodka,
- means to leave to insist in a dark place for 14 days,
- apply tincture every day 4 times in 25 ml,
- 30-40 grams of hawthorn, mistletoe, marsh salmon and motherwort mixed and poured into a thermos,
- pour a liter of boiling water, leave for 2 hours,
- the tool must be drained, stored after cooling in the refrigerator,
- used 3 times a day for 1/3 cup.
To facilitate the onset of menopause using various decoctions and tinctures. They help relieve symptoms and improve the overall condition of the body. Prepare them in this way:
- 2 tsp. crushed dried leaves
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water,
- leave for 20 minutes, then strain,
- consumed during hot flashes 3 times a day for 1/3 cup,
- Several herbs and fruits are mixed: 3 servings of dried blackberry leaves, 2 servings of motherwort and 1 portion each of hawthorn, dried bread and lemon balm. This is a common collection for use in menopause.
- 1 tbsp. l of this collection
- pour 1 cup boiling water,
- leave for 60 minutes to infuse, a means to strain, take 1/3 cup up to 3 times a day. Take daily for 14 days.
Herbal preparations are used to relieve unpleasant symptoms during menstruation. Here are a few of them:
- 2 tsp. mixtures (proportions of dry raw materials needed for the mixture: 20 g of motherwort and fragrant woodruff, 25 g of blackberry leaves, 15 g of dried crumbs, 10 g of hawthorn),
- pour 250 ml of boiling water,
- insist 60 minutes.
- the effect of the application will be visible after a week of use,
- 2 tbsp. l flowers of hawthorn, pharmacy chamomile, cornweed, motherwort,
- pour a mixture of 0.5 liters of boiling water,
- boil over low heat for 2-3 minutes, insist 4 hours,
- take 1/3 cup after meals 4 times a day.
For infertility in women, herbs and plants are used:
- The immortelle, field horsetail, chamomile flowers, motherwort, St. John's wort, yarrow,
- this mixture 10 tsp. pour 0.5 liters of boiling water,
- insist 2 hours and strain,
- 3 times a day take 100 ml
- it is better to begin treatment a couple of months before the desired time of conception.
- 2 tsp. raw materials
- pour 2.5 cups of warm water
- leave for a third of the day, then filter,
- you need to take before meals 3 times a day for 100 ml.
Attacks of epilepsy cannot be completely cured by motherwort, but it can relieve and reduce the frequency of attacks. Apply these popular recipes:
- 1 tsp. various herbs: motherwort, lemongrass berries, Astragalus, curly lily tubers, horsetail ephedra,
- this collection pour 0.3 l of boiling water and leave for 15-20 minutes, filter, take 2 times a day.
- 2 tsp. motherwort grass
- pour 500 ml of boiling water,
- insist a couple of hours
- 1-2 tbsp. l consumed before meals 4 times a day.
There are a number of side effects that may occur if the recommended dose is exceeded. It:
- vomiting or diarrhea,
- drowsiness and lethargy,
- pressure drop
- decrease in heart rate
- increasing the tone of the uterus, which is dangerous for pregnant women,
- allergic manifestations: itching and rash.
Watch the video! Motherwort - useful properties
It reaches a height of up to 2 m (usually 50-150 cm), has a straight tetrahedral stem, branching at the top. Beyond the inflorescence limit, the stem is bare or pubescent in the corners with adpressed hairs. One plant has several stems.
Leaves have scapes and are colored dark green. The leaves are unequal at the top and bottom of the shoot: the upper rhombic, oblong, whole, and the lower five or tripartite, half incised, have wide wedge-shaped lobes with coarse toothed edges of different sizes.
Flowers are zygomorphic and collected in false multi-flowered whorls in the axils of the upper leaves. Mutation forms an intermittent long apical inflorescence in the form of a spikelet. Calyx naked, about 8 mm long, has a pronounced tube and consists of 5 teeth, which end with a thorny tip. The two lower teeth are larger and bent down. The corolla is five-membered, has a lilac-pink or pink color, and is larger than the calyx. Petals soldered.
Inside the corolla tube is a hairy oblique ring. The upper lip with a solid edge, has an elliptical shape, thickly shaggy and slightly concave. The lower lip has well developed lateral lobes. Under the upper lip 4 fertile stamens were collected - the upper ones are shorter than the lower ones. Anthers introrznye. There is 1 pistil, with the upper ovary, represented by two carpels, which form false partitions as they mature, and the Genesis becomes a four-member. The stigma with two equal blades located on top of the column. It blooms all summer.
Fractional fruit consists of 4 nut-shaped parts, which after maturation have an olive-green color and a trihedral pyramid-shaped form, with hairs at the apex. Ripening unevenly, from July to August. Seeds have a high viability: germination lasts up to 9 years.
History and application in different countries
In Tibetan medicine, grass plants are used for about 2 thousand years. In the countries of modern Europe, wild nettle has been used among the population since the 10th century. In medieval medical treatises, heart grass was used for “heartbeat and stomach heaviness,” also used for lung diseases and as a sedative. The plant was mentioned in official European herbalists already in the 15th century, having received universal recognition in the 19th century.
In folk medicine of Russia, the first written references to the pharmaceutical effects of motherwort relate to 1485. From 1930 motherwort became the main competitor of valerian in the treatment of heart disease, and also began to be used as a sedative.
- Bulgarians use the plant to relieve convulsions in the treatment of neurosis, as well as a diuretic, anti-tuberculosis drug.
- In the Czech Republic and Romania, the plant is used to treat tachycardia and heart pain, for epilepsy and goitre's disease.
- In Ukraine, the plant is used to treat rheumatism, fear, menstrual disorders, bronchial asthma, elimination of edema of the heart and pulmonary nature.
- In England, the tincture of the plant is traditionally prescribed to people with weakness of the heart muscle and diseases of the neurological nature, especially those suffering from hysteria.
- Virtually every US citizen in the medicine chest has a motherwort tincture, which is used as a heart and sedative.
In Russia and Belarus, core preparations are mainly used as cardiotonic and sedatives. In clinical studies, positive dynamics was found in patients with hypertensive disease, cardiosclerosis, angina pectoris, cardioneurosis, and myocarditis during the course of treatment. However, the greatest effectiveness can be achieved in the treatment of pathologies in the early stages of development and with prolonged use of motherwort (with interruptions). Herbal medicine is not capable of 100% substitution of chemical pharmaceutical preparations, but it allows reducing the dosage of the latter and, accordingly, reducing the drug burden on patients.
Useful properties of the core
The healing properties of motherwort grass are diverse. Among the most significant effects on the body are:
- Hypotensive action: the core is an excellent herbal medicine for the normalization of blood pressure and allows you to reduce the dose of chemically synthesized antihypertensive drugs,
- Cardiotonic, with normalization of heart rhythm: mild stimulation of the heart muscle with an increase in the amplitude of contractions of the heart and a decrease in their frequency,
- Antispasmodic and vasodilating action. It leads to the expansion of coronary vessels and increased access of oxygen to the organ.
- Pronounced sedative effect: eliminates nervous irritability, improves overall well-being and normalizes sleep.
- Hormone-regulating. Normalizes the menstrual cycle, relieves the symptoms characteristic of menopause.
- Decongestant and diuretic.
In addition, plant preparations improve metabolism: normalize carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism, normalize the level of glucose, total fats, cholesterol, pyruvic and lactic acids in the blood.
According to a number of indicators, the plant-based tincture is more effective than the tinctures of valerian and hawthorn, traditionally used to treat the heart, and has fewer side effects. But the therapeutic effect in the treatment of motherwort comes slowly, and most people prefer even stronger drugs, but they are fast-acting, which is not always justified.
Among the indications for the treatment of plant drugs:
- cardiovascular neurosis, neurasthenia, psychasthenia,
- overexcitation of the central nervous system, fear,
- headache associated with nerve overload
- multiple sclerosis,
- vascular and heart diseases: angina pectoris, myocarditis, cardiosclerosis, arrhythmia,
- early hypertension,
- nicotine poisoning with the development of myocardiopathy,
- gastrointestinal spasms,
- inflammatory bowel disease,
- swelling of various origins,
- bronchial asthma,
- basedovoy disease
- uterine bleeding,
- menopausal syndrome
- convulsions (as drugs to enhance the action of anticonvulsant drugs).
The most common dosage form, which has a wide range of indications and can be used for all the listed pathologies. You can buy in a pharmacy, and you can prepare yourself: take 1 part of dry raw material and add 5 parts of 76% alcohol to it. Insist in a dark place for 21 days.
Take 30-40 drops up to 4 times per day (depending on the severity of the disease).
Water infusion of herbs
It is indicated for neurosis of the heart nature, sleep disorders, increased nervous excitability. Helps to increase diuresis, promotes the removal of sputum. Take 2 tbsp. dry raw material, pour 500 ml boiling water and vaporize for 2 hours.
Take half a cup 3-4 times a day.
Recommended for long-term course of treatment up to 4 weeks. It is shown under conditions similar to infusion. On the volume of 250 ml of boiling water take 2 tbsp. the dry crushed raw materials. Insist 10 - 15 minutes.
Take without sweeteners, drink in small sips, in 3 - 4 doses during the day.
One of the most effective dosage forms with the highest concentration of useful substances. It is prescribed for hypertension, neurosis, headache, insomnia, cardiovascular diseases, vegetative dystonia and menopausal syndrome. Prepare it from fresh leaves and store in the refrigerator for no more than 2 days: pass the leaves through a meat grinder, squeeze the mush through gauze.
Take 1 tsp. 1.5 hours before meals, 3 times a day. within 3 weeks. As an external drug is indicated for the treatment of ulcers, nonhealing wounds, burns at the stage of regeneration.
Such pleasant procedures are especially recommended for patients with IRR, help eliminate panic attacks, improve sleep, get rid of anxiety and unmotivated fear. Рекомендуют их и для восстановления общих сил организма, повышения иммунитета, восстановления сердечного ритма, устранения головных болей и тахикардии. Для приготовления ванн можно использовать водный настой растения (1 литр на ванну) либо готовый экстракт в объеме 10 мл. Ванну можно принимать в течение 15 мин., желательно перед сном.
Сбор при ранних стадиях гипертонии
Take 30 grams. of mistletoe, hawthorn flowers, core, and marsh forage. Pour this mixture with 1 liter of boiling water and insist for 2 hours in a thermos, strain and place in the refrigerator.
Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day. within 1-2 weeks. After a break of 7 days, you can repeat the course.
Collection that helps to quickly reduce high blood pressure
In equal proportions mix knotweed, bearberry, calamus root and motherwort. Take 1 tbsp. mix and pour 1 liter of boiling water, insist in a thermos for 12 hours. Take 500 ml of vodka and dissolve 500 ml of honey in it, mix it all with the infusion of herbs and leave for another 9 days.
To accept twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, since 1 ch.l. and gradually increasing the dose to 1 cup per reception (increase the dose within 7 days).
Collection of dysmenorrhea and menopause (to eliminate unpleasant symptoms)
Take 25 gr. blackberry leaf, 20 gr. motherwort and woodruff odorous, 15 gr. dried cakes, 10 g. hawthorn flowers. 250 ml of boiling water to take 2 tsp. mix and brew as tea, let it brew for 10 minutes.
Take 1 glass during the day. The effect begins to appear within 7-10 days.
Collection of tremor of the hands and head (for parkinsonism, dysfunction of the nervous system)
Take 150 gr. hawthorn fruit, 100 gr. Valerian roots and motherwort, 50 gr. seed hops, mint leaves and dill seeds, mix everything. Take 2 tbsp. mix, pour 2 cups of boiling water, cook for 5 minutes and hold for 2 hours in a thermos.
Take 3 times a day, 50 ml. Every day you have to prepare a new portion of the drug and take it for a month, then take a break of 10 days and take 1 month again.
Take in equal shares the flowers of calendula, motherwort, immortelle, chamomile, St. John's wort grass, buckthorn bark, yarrow, field horsetail, bearberry and plantain. All mix and 500 ml of boiling water to take 10 tsp. mixture, insist for 2 hours.
Take 100 ml three times a day, 2 months before the intended conception.
Side effects and contraindications
With overdose or uncontrolled treatment, there are unpleasant symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea (sometimes with blood). Skin reactions are possible.
You can not resort to treatment with plant drugs for:
- hypersensitivity to the plant,
- children up to 12 years.
With regard to the use of children, then the opinions of herbalists diverge: many recommend the plant in the form of baths even to babies of the first year of life with poor sleep, colic, constant anxiety, regurgitation. Children from 3 years old are recommended to have a tea plant with hyperactivity, functional digestive disorders, and poor sleep.
It is impossible to use drugs with motherwort to people whose work requires increased concentration of attention, as well as to those who drive a car. It is undesirable to combine treatment with the use of alcohol-containing and sedative drugs - potentiation of action will be observed.
The benefits of motherwort for the body
The healing properties of the core also include the improvement of metabolism: carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism. In addition, it has fewer contraindications and side effects compared with valerian. When applied topically, it is used to treat wounds and burns. The core is beneficial for almost every system of the body:
- Central nervous system. Heart herb is part of sedative medications. It is used in the treatment of neurosis, insomnia, hysteria. It is effective in case of bouts of fear and panic. Often used grass in the treatment of seizures, epilepsy and paralysis.
- Urinary system. The core helps with edema due to renal or heart failure and cystitis.
- The cardiovascular system. The plant is useful at elevated pressure. In addition, it normalizes heart rate.
- Digestive. The core contains alkaloids that help with gastrointestinal disorders, cramps, pain and bloating.
- Respiratory. The herb has anti-inflammatory effect, promotes expectoration, which helps with acute respiratory viral infections, influenza, pneumonia.
Heart grass helps men in the prevention of cardiosclerosis, high blood pressure and myocarditis. It has a positive effect in case of impairment of potency, which resulted from psycho-emotional overstrain. The plant also has a positive effect in the following diseases:
- stagnation in the pelvis,
- nervous system disorders, increased excitability.
Motherwort is prescribed to women during menopause. The herb helps relieve irritability, has a tonic and restorative effect, without affecting the hormonal background of the body. For young girls, the plant is useful in helping to strengthen the muscles of the uterus, relieves pain during childbirth and normalizes the menstrual cycle. In addition, it reduces uterine bleeding.
The medicinal properties of motherwort are used in the manufacture of the following drugs, which at different prices can be purchased at a pharmacy in Moscow, St. Petersburg and other cities:
- Liquid extract in the form of tablets, for example, Motherwort Forte. It refers to diuretics. It helps to reduce overexcitation, reduces the number of heartbeats, eliminates shortness of breath in the treatment of hypertension. The price is about 50-100 rubles.
- The infusion of motherwort. It is used to treat astheno-neurotic and neurotic dysfunction with sleep disorders, neuroses, and in the initial stage of hypertension. Price ranges from 10 to 30 p.
- Grass. It is a dry raw material, indications for the use of which are the same cases as for motherwort tincture. The price is about 20-50 p.
How to brew
Tea can be easily prepared by yourself even at home. To do this, use the following simple instruction:
- Take 2 teaspoons of dry raw materials.
- Boil water and pour grass over one cup of boiling water.
- Capacity tightly cover, leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Then the lid can be removed, the drink must be drained through gauze or a fine sieve to get rid of the remnants of raw materials.
The average duration of treatment is approximately 30 days. It is not recommended to skip the use of tea, because only regular use will bring the proper effect. Per day you need to drink at least one cup. This can be done entirely or in parts. It is recommended to drink half a cup in the morning, and the rest - in the evening. In this case, every 12 hours you will consume half the required rate. It is better to drink tea itself warm, slowly, in small sips.
The beneficial effect of motherwort on the body is used in various popular recipes. On the basis of this herb, alcoholic and aqueous infusions, decoctions, and teas are prepared. Use and juice of this plant. No less effect is produced by various fitolabel with motherwort. The grass is applied even externally in the form of lotions, compresses or baths. The main thing is to comply with the recipe and pattern of use of each tool.
In case of aggravation of gastritis or stomach ulcers, they drink broth or tincture on the basis of this plant. You can prepare and use them according to the following instructions:
- A glass of boiling water to steam 4 tbsp. dry raw materials. After half an hour of settling, strain the product with gauze. Drink before each meal for 1/3 cup.
- Dry leaves crush into powder, take 2 tbsp. and pour 200 ml of vodka over them, leave in a dark place for four days. Take half or a whole teaspoon up to 4 times throughout the day before each meal.
The plant stabilizes the coordinated work of the digestive organs in case of pancreatitis. To achieve a positive effect, you must use the following recipes:
- About 3 tbsp. raw materials placed in a glass dish. There also pour 220 ml of boiling water, cover the container with a towel. After 1-1.5 hours, strain the tool and cover with a lid. Drink 1 tbsp. 30-40 minutes before the meal. The course of treatment is 2-4 weeks.
- Mix 2 tbsp. peppermint, Hypericum and motherwort. Pour 700 ml of boiling water over the mixture, cover and leave for a couple of hours. Next, receive half a glass three times a day for 10 days.
One of the main healing properties of this plant is its ability to lower blood pressure. For this reason, its contraindication is hypotension. If the pressure, on the contrary, is increased, then the following recipes can be used:
- A glass of alcohol or vodka mixed with 50 g of dry raw materials, withstand the drug for 2 weeks in a dark place. Consume daily 25 ml up to 4 times.
- Collect 30-40 g of hawthorn, motherwort, white mistletoe and marsh forage. Mixture pour liter of boiling water, pour into a thermos, where leave for 2 hours. Means strain, send to storage in the refrigerator. Drink a third cup up to 3 times throughout the day.
To improve the condition and get rid of the unpleasant signs of menopause, decoctions and tinctures based on heart herbs help. Prepare them according to the following instructions:
- Brew boiling water 2 tsp. crushed plant leaves. Insist about 15-20 minutes, strain. At high tides use three times a day for the third part of a glass of broth.
- Mix dry leaves of blackberry, motherwort, hawthorn fruit, lemon balm in proportions 3: 2: 1: 1: 1. Take from the collection of only 1 tablespoon, which pour a glass of boiling water. An hour later, the tool can be drained. It is necessary to use it on 1/3 glasses daily up to 3 times. Regular intake should last at least 2 weeks.
To get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of menstruation help herbal. Good reviews are the following recipes:
- Take dry raw materials in such quantities: motherwort, fragrant woodruff - 20 g each, blackberry leaf - 25 g, dried ladybirth - 15 g, hawthorn - 10 g. funds for 250 ml of boiling water. The effect appears after 7-10 days of treatment.
- Take 2 tbsp. hawthorn flowers, chemist's chamomile, motherwort and marsh creeper. Pour them with 2 cups of boiling water, boil for a couple of minutes, then leave for 4 hours. Drink the third part of the glass daily 4 times after meals.
For the treatment of infertility is also used a combination of several plants. You can prepare herbal teas and take them according to the following instructions:
- Prepare the same number of field horsetail, immortelle, calendula flowers, chamomile, hypericum, yarrow, motherwort. From mixed herbs take only 10 tsp. Pour 500 ml boiling water over them, leave for 2 hours to infuse. Drink three times a day, 100 ml. Treatment should begin 2 months before the intended conception.
- Two cups of warm water pour 2 tsp. dried raw materials, let stand 8 hours, then strain. Drink half a glass three times a day before each meal.
The plant cannot cure the disease completely, but it is quite capable of reducing the frequency of epileptic seizures. The following popular recipes are used for this purpose:
- Collect the same number of the following herbs - motherwort, Danish astragalus, tubers poured curly, lemongrass berries, ephedra horsetail, open lumbago. It is better to take 1 teaspoon of each plant. Mixture pour 300 ml of boiling water, leave for 15-20 minutes. To use means in the morning and in the evening.
- Prepare 500 ml of boiling water, 2 tsp. grass Mix them, then infuse for about 2 hours. Drink before meals for 1-2 st.l. Repeat the procedure up to 4 times during the day.
In addition to contraindications, the herb has a number of side effects. Dangerous plant is not, but if you exceed the dosage can cause a negative reaction of the body. Side effects of motherwort are as follows:
- lowering blood pressure
- drowsiness in overdose of drugs
- increasing the tone of the uterus, because of what it is rarely prescribed for pregnant women,
- decrease in heart rate,
- vomiting, diarrhea with uncontrolled use,
- allergic reaction in the form of pruritus or rash.