This plant has rather developed decorative qualities, it has large dimensions. Culture is versatile to use and unpretentious in the care.
How to care for lobelia ampelous and grow in the country?
Lobelia is suitable for placement under a special canopy in pots, in high pots or as a curb plant on alpine hills.
Lobelia ampelous: characteristic of a plant
- In the bell family, you can find a plant that differs from other varieties in its lush flowering indicators and its compact form, presented in the shape of a ball. This lobelia ampelnaya. Lobelia has quite a few varieties of varieties, most often they differ among themselves precisely by their external features. You can find a perennial shrub, high thickets with straight leaves, annual grass and miniature type that will reach the size of a simple ball.
- Most popular are those varieties of lobelia, which reach small sizes, densely strewn with small flowers, which attract others and delight the eye of the owner during the entire flowering period. Flowers of lobelia can reach about 1.5 or 2 centimeters in length, differ from each other in their irregular form of flowering: the two upper petals have a small size, the three lower ones are much larger.
- Flowers can cover the plant along the entire length of its stem, forming racemes at the ends of racemes. Blue color of petals is considered the most popular, but there is much more choice in the range of plant varieties: from white, blue and blue to pink, lilac and purple-purple.
The stems are attached to the rhizome of the plant by a thick sheaf, have a large number of additional branches from the culture. Stems are quite soft (There are varieties with more rigid leaves and with large stress-resistant indicators, drooping, as well as densely covered with small leaves.
How did this culture come about?
Wild varieties of lobelia grow in most countries of the world, but the place of origin should be considered the north of America. There are alkaloids in the plant.which are considered poisonous, which is why the plant is considered a useful flower for treatment in the pharmacological field, and is used in the fight against a large number of lesions of the respiratory system in humans.
It should be noted that the North American Indians used grass for food as a smoking mixture. And up to our time, there are tobacco companies in which lobelia grass is specifically added to tobacco to produce an anti-asthma drug.
Today flower got its name because of the past Middle Ages, thanks to an active study of a botanist from Holland - Matisse Lobel.
The most widespread varieties of lobelia
From Ampelnyh varieties of lobelia can be found such a variety as Ernus. Stems in ampelous plants can reach a length of 30-40 centimeters. Blue and blue inflorescences, in which there is a white blotch can be found on the flower Sapphire, Blue Cascade, Blue Fountain. Completely white buds can be found in the White Cascade variety, purple-lilac flowers with a white eye - in the Red Cascade variety, and the red bud can be found in the Marquis variety.
Lobelia ampelous: growing from seed
Lobelia differs from other cultures in that it is undemanding in cultivation and the process of care. Sowing the seeds of a crop, caring for seedlings are fairly easy actions that require minimal effort and care from the owner.
It should be noted that the main feature of sowing seeds of lobelia ampelous is that the seeds have a very small size.
Young seedlings are distinguished from others by their particular fragility and tenderness, which can adversely affect the thinning process. That is why most flower growers found a more comfortable way to sow the seeds for their greater distribution over the soil substrate.
The first seedlings of the amphelia from the seeds are very small, grow slowly, which is why it is necessary to sow the seeds as soon as possible. Already at the end of February - the beginning of March, it is necessary to begin the process of planting the plant. Scions need about two months, to fully strengthen and develop to the level of the appearance of the first buds.
The process of sowing seeds, as well as the care of the first shoots
The soil for both seedlings and adult crops should be light type, aerated, and also water-holding.
This is very important forso that the plant can grow fully, and also start to blossom correctly. In order to achieve such an indicator, it is necessary to mix peat, small sand, sheet rotted compost in an equal ratio with simple ground.
Experienced growers often include in the soil mix additional components that give the soil more lightness (sawdust, moss, and also expanded clay).
A simple cup or a container with a total height of 4–5 centimeters can be a pot for planting seeds. For a greater indicator of reliability in the bottom of the glass under the seedlings themselves, you can make several holes for draining excess water. At the bottom of the pot also for the rapid flow of excess water, you can put larger stones expanded clay or other suitable material that will be suitable for the organic composition (twigs, husks, simple bark from trees). Well-designed drainage is able to protect the roots of seedlings (and adult culture) from infection with rot.
In the pot under the seedlings can be placed pre-prepared earth mixture. What to do next is able to say the list of rules for sowing seeds:
- Fine sand and seeds are mixed together.
- Seeds should be sown on a layer of snow. Snow, gradually melting, is able to distribute all the seeds evenly over the substrate.
- It is worth buying only granulated seeds and several pieces at once.
- Seeds should stick to a thin wooden stick (you can use a toothpick). Before this, the stick should be well moistened with water and rubbed, and then dipped into the seeds. If you touch the ground gently with a stick, then the seeds can be qualitatively distributed throughout the land.
It must be remembered that the seeds are forbidden to fall asleep above the ground. If this is done, the seeds can easily die under such a layer.
Watering crops should beusing a special sprayer. The top should be covered with plastic film or a small piece of glass, and you can immediately use a special container when planting seeds with the lid open and cover it over time.
There is another way to care for the plant - put the container completely in a plastic bag.
To help fresh air penetrate the lid or package should be left ajar. The seedlings of this crop cannot tolerate increased dampness, as well as dryness. It is necessary to avoid the development of condensate in the shelter, if it does, you should delete it with a rag., and also to air capacity.
Until the seeds germinate, they can be watered with a sprayer, but already sprouted seedlings will be watered more efficiently with a simple syringe. It is worth releasing water on the soil itself, while not allowing the seedlings to soak the leaves of the plant.
It should be remembered that from ordinary watering or spraying the plants, when water droplets fall on the leaf of the plant, the culture can lie on the soil and bend, which will ensure the violation of its proper nutrition and development.
Since the seeds of lobelia are sown rather early, and the light day at this time is still of a short type, then additional lighting should be considered for the seedlings using a simple lamp. The optimum temperature for seed germination should vary from 18 to 20 degrees Celsius. After the development of seedlings, the temperature should be lowered to the mark of 15 degrees..
Growing seedlings (how to harden and swoop down)
- You can easily make a mistake in growing the plant, removing the shelter immediately after the development of the first shoots on the surface of the soil. Most often, simple home conditions are disastrous for sprouted seedlings: dry air around, drafts, temperature drops, solar lighting. The microclimate under the shelter of a plant should be maintained for a few more weeks and the protection should be removed over time. These simple precautions can help seedlings grow healthy and strong.
- Lobelia seedlings often grow quite a long time, releasing the third leaf by the second month of their growth. During this period of time, it is worth picking (planting seedlings in large tanks). The pick of a plant will differ in that it is transplanted from the first time to a permanent place of growth. On one such group of seedlings need to allocate about 25 to 25 centimeters of free ground.
- To pick it up just need to use a simple teaspoon. On a spoon it is worth planting several nearby crops and placing them in a recess in a new flowerpot. Transplanted shoots should be watered regularly and kept in the shade for several days.
It must be remembered that a soil mixture for a plant in a pot where lobelia grows must be light and crumbly, and a drainage layer must be placed on the bottom of the pot.
It is worth carrying out fertilizer of seedling in one week after implementation of picking by mineral mixes. The best choice is water-soluble fertilizer.to be used in the future once every seven days.
The second procedure after the picking is pinching. Pinch (in a different way remove) the very top of each germ. A nip often injures the crop itself, but at the same time helps the plant to carry out more frequent branching of the stems. Shrubs that have passed the nipping process at an early age grow more decorative and luxuriant.
As soon as the culture can recover after eliminating the growth points (it takes about 2-3 weeks), you can begin to teach the seedlings to grow in the street. On sunny days, it is necessary to take the pot to the street (to the balcony, open the window in the room). In the process of hardening plants do not need to very carefully approach the direct rays of the sun, as well as to a strong and drying ground wind. If the nights are very cold, seedlings need to bring into the house, and in the morning again put in the fresh air.
How is planting plants in open ground?
Disembarking to the place of growth should be carried out after the danger of return frost has passed, and then when the weather is completely warm outside. This process takes place in late May and early June.
It is worth remembering that young seedlings of lobelia do not like frosts, while adult cultures can tolerate frosts up to several degrees Celsius.
How to choose a place and prepare the ground?
The optimal place for planting plants will be hanging pots, or high potters. Also a good plant will look at the alpine hill or curb plant. The flowers of the plant adore to be under the rays of the sun, but it grows best in shaded areas. It will be good if the penumbra begins to fall on the plant at noon, while there is a scorching sun.
The soil at a permanent place when planted in open ground should be well aerated, breathable. The alpine slide is a good choice, but you need to take care of the plant all the time so that the soil under the flower will never dry up.
The reaction of the soil should be neutral acidity, excessively alkaline or acidic soils slow down the development of the flower, have a bad effect on the flowering process. No need to plant lobelia on a fat, highly fertilized soil of organic type, because it will create enhanced growth of the plant, which will cause special damage to it.
Choice and purchase
Lobelia seeds ampelous
Many growers do not pay enough attention to this stage, and in fact it is from him that the planting begins.
It is no secret that experienced gardeners always advise buying seeds in specialized, proven stores. Do not buy them on the market. Often, unscrupulous sellers do not follow the rules for storing seeds, which means they have to buy low-quality products.
The package must contain the number and date of manufacture, the year of collection of the seeds, the period and conditions of their storage.
How to plant seeds for growing seedlings
Many growers think about what capacity to choose for growing. Simple peat pots, which can be purchased in specialized stores, are best suited. They are light, air permeable, made of environmentally friendly materials.
- Before planting seeds, pots are filled with soil and lightly crush it on top with your fingers.
- The soil is well moistened. You can add a growth regulator for garden plants.
- Seeds are planted and top covered with plastic wrap or glass jar. Seeds do not need to be strongly sprinkled with earth or buried in the soil.
Planting seedlings carried out in February or March. Seeds can sprout for a long time, so you need patience.
How to plant seeds immediately in open ground?
Growing lobelia ampelous is well suited for those who can not or do not want to mess with seedlings or go to the cottage only on weekends. You can try to plant its seeds immediately in open ground.
- First, the soil is prepared and seeds are evenly planted in it.
- Then they are covered with a large plastic transparent film until such time as the first shoots appear.
- Then it is good to “thin out” the sprouts or spread them out evenly so that the distance between each flower is about 15 cm.
How to prepare the team for landing
Lobelia ampelnaya well takes root in different soil in composition. But, the main condition is the choice of light soil with good friability, so that oxygen can flow well to the root system. Heavy clay soil will not work, the plant may begin to rot and die.
Ordinary peat tablets or peat are suitable for planting seedlings. In the store you can buy ready-made mixture.
For planting in open ground, should be mixed garden soil with humus, peat, river sand. The acidity of the soil must be neutral or very weak.
Planting seedlings in open ground
An important point - if the planting is carried out in open ground, the separation of seedlings into separate bushes is carried out in two stages. First, the first bushes are planted in new pots, and then to a place of constant development and growth.
Each grower has its own planting technology and a specific landing time. They were “amassed” during the long practice of caring for the summer garden.
Only when the air and the earth are finally warmed up can the seedlings be placed in open ground. The flower is thermophilic. The optimal landing time is the second half of May or the beginning of June.. In greenhouses you can do it earlier.
Proper care of seedlings
Until the first shoots appear, peat pots should be kept in a warm and dry place, carefully protected from the wind and open drafts. The optimum temperature is about 20 - 22 degrees.
If you comply with these conditions, the first shoots may appear after only 10 - 14 days after planting.
Water is watered only as needed, if the ground is very dry. It is recommended to do this using a spray bottle.
When the seedlings begin to grow and get stronger, you can carefully divide them and transplant to a permanent place of growth. This may be open ground, hanging basket, flowerpots, etc.
Separate bushes should be very careful not to damage the roots. Dense bundles are best transplanted together without separating.
After the first transplanting, the plant should be protected from direct sunlight for 1 to 2 days.
When lobelia bushes grow up to 4 - 5 cm in height, you can carefully pinch off their tops. Then the flower will grow lush and compact in size. Especially this should pay attention to lovers of indoor plants.
How to care for lobelia ampella
Caring for lobelia ampelous
Despite the fact that the flower is thermophilic, it does not tolerate the heat, the summer heat. It is affected by direct sunlight.
In the garden it is recommended to plant it in the shade of fruit trees or near flower bushes. The apartment should be protected from the sun during very hot weather.
Need to follow the rules of watering. At an early stage, you need to do this with a sprayer, and then with a syringe without a needle.
The soil should always be slightly moist, especially during heat.
The flower can be fed complex fertilizer before the first flowering. You can do this no more than 2 times, otherwise it will be bad to bloom. During flowering, you can feed once with potassium sulfate.
Lobelia needs to be trimmed when it first fades. The stems are cut almost completely (5 cm from the beginning of the ground). After this, a new enhanced growth of young shoots will begin. Второй раз растение цветет пышнее и интенсивнее.
После того, как растение окончательно отцветет , можно выкопать его из земли, избавиться от остатков, корней, собрать семена для дальнейшего посева.
Не следует оставлять эту работу до весны. Seeds to collect is very simple. It is enough to shake bushes over a sheet of paper or newspaper.
How to protect the flower from pests
This plant is not so often sick, but this can happen, especially if the wrong care for him.
As a rule, excessive watering contributes to this disease. It affects young seedlings. It is possible to get rid of it only with the help of radical measures.
It is necessary to remove the affected shoots as soon as possible so that it does not spread throughout the seedlings. Next, you should stop watering until the soil dries out and sprinkle the soil with steamed river sand.
Black leg appears in the damp. Sand will prevent the spread of this disease. Also, the soil should be treated with a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
Gardener on the note
Quite often, inexperienced growers face the problem of sowing seeds of lobelia ampelous. They are so small that not everyone can evenly scatter them into the soil. What can be done in this case?
- Try to sow in good, sunny, windless (or low wind) weather. This rule will simplify the work on the site.
- To achieve uniform sowing, you can mix the seeds with ordinary river sand, and then distribute them over the surface of the earth.
- Some put seeds in a pile of pr and help of a regular toothpick dipped in water. But this method is more suitable for growing seedlings in pots at home.
- You can also purchase seeds in granules. This is the easiest and fastest landing option.
Did you know that Indians in North America used a flower as tobacco? While smoking this plant came a slight narcotic effect. Modern researchers say that Indians replaced marijuana with this plant.
The ampelous lobelia extract is added to certain types of tobacco products and and and used in "anti-asthma cigarettes".
Lobelia ampelous is a very popular annual flower. He is increasingly chosen by gardeners to decorate a country garden, arbors or loggias in high-rise buildings.
Growing a flower is not difficult. For a long time, it will delight with flowering and its beauty. The most important thing is to give it a full, proper care!
Be sure to watch the useful video:
Growing ampella lobelia "Sapphire" from seeds
Since the process of sowing and subsequent care of the flowers of Ampella Lobelia "Sapphire" is rather long, then it is necessary to start planting at the end of January. If you do not miss the time, then in June and until the very cold you can admire the small blue flowers collected in a weightless cloud on shoots up to 45 cm in length.
To be sure in the germination of seed, you need to buy it in proven outlets. Everyone knows the agrofirma Aelita, which packs the seeds of lobelia ampelous sapphire into branded sachets, and guarantees the quality of its goods.
Lobelia seeds are tiny - a little more than a speck of dust. To evenly distribute them over the surface of the soil they are mixed with river sand. The soil for seedlings should be light, but without the admixture of peat, since this plant, in the presence of nitrogen in the soil, actively increases the green mass to the detriment of flowering. Seeds with sand are distributed over the surface without being buried.
In order for the seeds of lobelia to give amicable shoots, intensive lighting and a temperature of less than 20 ° C will be required. The box is covered with glass or transparent film and placed on a warm sunny window sill. Not less than the sun for seeds is important soil moisture. After sowing, it is moistened with a spray bottle, and all the time they monitor its condition, preventing it from drying out.
After 1-2 weeks, the first dense shoots appear, and after 2-3 seedlings you can swoop down. It is advisable to replant the plants at once in a few things so that the ampel bush is more voluminous. Seedlings throughout the growing season requires high soil moisture, while maintaining a temperature of about 15 ° C.
Lobelia sapphire is an ampelous plant, Central America remains its birthplace.. There it is grown as a perennial crop, but in the conditions of the harsh climate of Russia, it is an annual. Since the plant is ampelous, its stem is not capable of holding on its own, therefore, it is necessary to prepare a supporting structure or plant a flower in a cache-pot.
Apply culture to the decoration of the backyard area, garden paths, gazebo walls, garden houses. The height of the bush is 15-20 cm, although there are some species that reach the mark of 50 cm.
Next you can see the photo of the flower:
To the soil the plant does not impose special requirements. It will take root on loams with a neutral pH level. If you use too nutritious soil, then lobelia will give less flowers and more greenery. For this plant, ready-made soil mixtures are suitable for seedlings of flowering crops, or prepared by hand.
It is necessary to combine in equal proportion such components.:
The substrate for lobelia sapphire should not contain humus. Sanitize the soil before use - treat it with a special agent, a weak solution of potassium permanganate or boiling water.
Pros and cons of the method
Advantages of the method:
- a plant obtained from seeds adapts to the climate better, tolerates frosts and droughts more easily,
- ease of planting
- the possibility of obtaining a large number of seedlings.
- it is impossible to get a plant with varietal signs of "parent",
- bloom occurs on the 2-3rd year after planting.
How to choose seeds?
The first thing you need to buy planting material. It is of two types:
- Pelleted. These seeds are already prepared, so that they can be planted immediately in peat tablets, avoiding picks. Even in the granules contain a special composition that allows planting material to give shoots as soon as possible.
- Unprepared. There are a lot of them in packaging, so sowing is laborious. Such seeds do not guarantee the quality of seedlings, but there is still a plant to pick the plants in separate containers. Seed preparation involves dusting them with a fungicide by adding powder at the tip of the label.
For landing activities, it is necessary to prepare flat containers, then fill with substrate. Planting procedure lobelia sapphire:
- Since the seeds are very small, they can be combined with sand. Rarely distribute them over the surface of the soil, without deepening and not sprinkling with earth.
- If peat tablets are used as a soil, then the planting material should be positioned as follows: sharpen the tip of a match, moisten with water, immerse the seeds with its help in the soil.
- After sowing, cover the container with plastic wrap. Keep seedlings indoors at a temperature of 18-20 degrees.
- Every day, open the film for airing. From time to time moisten the soil using warm and distilled water.
- Shoots will appear in 10-14 days. From now on, the film should be cleaned 2 times a day, with each time increasing the duration of the airing by 10-20 minutes.
- Since the sprouts are very tender, the first time to moisten them with a spraying method using a spray bottle.
- As soon as 2-3 true leaves are formed, then carry out a pick, planting the plants in separate containers. To do this, choose the strongest specimens. In the pot should be no more than 3-5 shoots. It is necessary to carry out the procedure very carefully, as the plants are very fragile.
- Growing seedlings at a temperature of 15-18 degrees. It is also necessary to maintain the soil moisture, since the leaves will curl due to lack of moisture. But overmoistening will lead to the development of mold.
The duration of such a walk will be for the first time 20-30 minutes, and every day to increase it by 10-15 minutes, bringing up to 24 hours. After hardening, seedlings can be planted in open ground.
We offer a look at how to properly plant lobelia Sapphire seeds:
To prepare the planting material, it is necessary to dig a bush in the middle of autumn, before the frost comes. Then transplant it in a pot, mix it in a cool place and water it only occasionally. With the onset of spring, new shoots are formed. Cut them, put in a solution Kornevin for 2 hours, and then - in the water. After 2-3 weeks, the first roots will appear.
When the cutting gave the first roots, you can proceed to planting, I will use the following recommendations:
- Lay drainage at the bottom of the tank (expanded clay).
- Top to add soil, filling them in the pot to the third part.
- Place the cutting, add the rest of the soil, ram and pour the soil with warm water.
- Set the young plant in a cool and well-lit place.
For planting choose a well-lit place.
Planting in open ground is performed as follows.:
- Dig a plot, prepare the fossa 20-30 cm. Pass the lobelia together with the earthy clod.
- Add soil, cover the roots, and the top layer of the earth slightly compacted.
- Plant 3-4 sprouts into one well, then water carefully.
- Between plants, keep a distance of 15-20 cm.
Lobelia sapphire is resistant to diseases and pests, especially if you strictly follow all agrotechnical rules. Among the diseases of danger are:
- root rot,
- powdery mildew,
To combat these fungal infections, you need to use fungicides. Of the pests are the most dangerous:
In regions with warm winters (a decrease in temperature to -29 ° C), perennial lobelia can winter in open ground. Shoots should be cut, leaving about 5 cm in length. Zamulchuyte peat, fallen leaves, the thickness of the covering layer should be at least 20 cm.
- Topping. As soon as the first bloom passes, it is necessary to carry out preventive pinching of the plant. This will allow the young bush to "relax" a bit and form new side shoots. As a result, the pomp of the plant and future flowering increase. The essence of the procedure is to remove all the stems at the base.
- Lighting. Lobelia sapphire is a light-loving plant. It should be planted in a well-lit place where there are no drafts and wind. But only direct sunlight must be absent.
- Watering. Perform watering 1-2 times a week. You need to pour water strictly under the root. Use the necessary warm and sedimented fluid. The plant can not be moistened on top. This will cause burns on the leaves. If you grow lobelia in containers, then watering is best done daily. Then you can prevent the soil from drying out and the culture wilting. If the summer is very hot, then water the bushes 2 times a day, in the evening and in the morning.
- Top dressing. The timely introduction of nutritional components will give the plant a charge of energy for lush flowering. To make top dressing 2 times a month, using mineral compositions for flowering plants. But only here it is important not to overdo it, especially with nitrogen supplements. Otherwise there will be lush foliage, but the flowering will be poor and ugly.
- Pot. For the plant you need to pick a pot of small size, as the root system is developing poorly. Since lobelia is an ampelous plant, it is best to grow it in hanging pots. The diameter of the tank is 16-20 cm.
- Pruning. As soon as flowering is over, the plant should be cut, leaving a length of at least 5 cm from the soil. Such timely pruning will allow to extend flowering for the entire spring and summer period.
Often, growers to increase the pomp of the bush use full pruning of the upper stems, but not more than 5 cm. This is a great way to increase the pomp of not only the bush, but also flowering.
Lobelia sapphire is a beautiful flowering plant that is great for growing at home and in open areas. In terms of growing lobelia is not capricious, rarely sick and blooms profusely. So, every florist dreams of planting a lobelia in his garden plots.
Characteristics of Ampel lobelia
Lobelia ampelnaya was brought to Russia from Central America, where it is a perennial plant, but due to the severity of our winters, it is cultivated as an annual plant. The definition of an ampelous one indicates that its stem is not capable of holding on its own, but requires a supporting structure or is designed to hang from a flowerpot or a pot. Such plants are used mainly for decorative decoration of the backyard area, garden paths, such as the floral border of a lawn or to decorate arbor walls, verandas, and garden houses, where plants are hung in pots.
They differ in brightness and variety of colors. In addition, they form very lush small spherical bushes that look great. But these plants require a lot of attention, love and patience.
If you aim to grow lobelia on your own plot, then in order to achieve positive results in the very first year, it is advisable to invite or hire, if funds allow, a knowledgeable person who would teach you how to breed lobelia and care for it.
Reading books and magazines on floriculture is very good in itself, but a lively step-by-step guide in the difficult task of cultivating this fastidious plant is difficult to overestimate.
Growing lobelia from seeds: secrets and subtleties
Among gardeners, it is not customary to buy seedlings, cultivating one’s own is top of skill, especially when it comes to capricious plants, which include lobelia.
The first thing you need is to purchase seeds. Seeds are:
- Prepared by (coated) in granules, it is good to put them directly into peat tablets, avoiding unnecessary picks. In addition, a special compound is included in the granules, which helps the seeds to sprout faster.
- Unprepared, those. loose, of which there is a lot of packing, sowing of such seeds is very laborious, does not guarantee the quality of seedlings, and further transfer (pickling) into separate pots will be required.
Assuming that lobelia is a plant that grows very poorly, seeds are planted in February for cultivation in the southern zone, for example, in the Southern Federal District or in March for cultivation somewhere to the north, where the summer season comes a little later. Sprouted seedlings require additional lighting (additional lighting), otherwise it may die.
Lobelia ampelous: planting seeds (video)
Planting lobelia with loose seeds in a common container is made in a prepared, well loosened soil, you can prepare it yourself or buy it in ready-made form in a specialized store, but before planting seeds you need to tamp the soil slightly from above.
To simplify the work when planting seeds use snow.
The seeds are carefully scattered on the snow, then with small stick they take small grains of snow and place them on the ground surface, after the snow melts, the seeds will remain on the soil. If there is no snow, use fine sand. These techniques will allow further picking with minimal damage to the root systems of seedlings.
It is impossible to sprinkle the seeds, especially tamping, the seeds must be lit for germination. Water the seeds and further seedlings should be sprayed with water from a spray bottle, otherwise very small seeds can be washed from the ground, or the seedlings can be damaged by a water jet. In view of the fact that lobelia in infancy is very painful, it is necessary to add a little potassium permanganate to the irrigation water for disinfection. The containers covered with film are installed on the sunny side in order to create a specific microclimate.
Care of seedlings, transplanting
Shoots should appear in 10-15 days, after that their airing is required, the main thing is patience, the film can not be removed for a long time;
Transplanting into peat pots is done when 3 to 4 true leaves appear. When picking, you need to collect caution and patience. If the roots of the seedlings are strongly intertwined, in no case should they be torn, they will have to be planted in the ground.
After transplantation, the seedlings must be watered and the temperature should be kept at a high temperature: 20-22 ° C. It must be remembered that seedlings of lobelia well perceives overmoistening, but the slightest lack of moisture can destroy all efforts, sprouts become thinner and die.
Growing lobelia from special granules
If the gardener did not get a manual, then in the first year it’s still better to start with planting pellets in peat tablets, the result will be much better.
Before planting, peat tablets are soaked in water for 15 minutes, During this time, the tablet is greatly enlarged, then you need to take the granule, and place it in the recess in the tablet, but do not deepen it further. Next, you should put the tablets in the cuvettes and cover with foil.
For irrigation, water is poured into the cuvettes, water through the peat reaches the seed. Stronger seedlings are transplanted directly with a tablet into peat pots.
How to dive lobelia ampelnaya (video)
About all the adversities and troubles that had to endure during the planting and care of this plant, you can immediately forget, seeing the luxurious lobelia in the pot, and even more so when he heard the enthusiastic surprise of guests and friends. Many of them probably also want to have such beauty on their own plot, so that all the efforts and inconveniences of growing this flower pay off in full with its luxurious appearance.