It is enough to simply remove the cause of the pests, and the problem will be solved by itself.
Insects can destroy not only the flower itself, but also cause inconvenience to the owners of the house. Therefore, it is necessary to find out why they began their offensive.
The reason may be the following factors:
- Infected soil. This may be land taken from a vegetable garden or store soil where insects have laid eggs.
- The penetration of insects from the outside: through open windows, hood, ventilation, from the basement.
- Dampness. If the drainage is bad and the watering is too abundant, the liquid stagnates, the substrate is acidified. Such conditions - freedom for pests.
Types of midges, most often affecting flowers:
- Fungal mosquitoes (sciarides) are black small midges, the larvae of which use young roots as food.
- The whitefly is like a mole. Food for the larvae - leaf juice. Colorless spots appear on the plant.
- Legs - they look unpleasant, but do not cause harm to adult plants. The larvae, which eat up rotting roots and spread fungi, pathogens of diseases, can cause harm to diseased or flooded flowers.
- Fruit flies (fruit flies) do not harm either flowers or people, but they are extremely difficult in everyday life because they are able to fly.
Folk remedies can help solve the problem
If insects, especially flying ones, appeared on a single plant, then the whole flower garden may be infected soon. Therefore, you should quickly take measures to get rid of pests.
- Wait until the top layer of the earth dries out at least a couple of centimeters.
- Remove adult insects with a vacuum cleaner or adhesive tapes. The latter can be bought or made independently of paper, which must be covered with a layer of honey. Pots should be wound with double-sided tape.
- Transplant a flower in a container with another one that has been treated with earth.
But if the lesion is small, it is not necessary to replant the plant. To get rid of midges will help improvised.
- Make a weak pink solution of potassium permanganate and water the flower twice a day.
- Dissolve 50 g of ammonia in 4 liters of water. Watering is carried out every 7-10 days, until the pests are destroyed.
- 1 tsp apple vinegar diluted in 1 liter of water. Spray or wipe the leaves.
- Loosen the earth and sprinkle the surface with a layer of cinnamon. You can also pour a solution: 40 g of the means to make boiling water, wait until cool. Similarly, tobacco is used. But because of the smell, not all flower growers will suit it.
- Pour the soil with soapy water. In addition, finely chopped orange peels or garlic cloves are stuck into the ground.
- Sulfur helps to destroy the larvae. Matches must be stuck in the ground heads down.
- If the midges are small, grind a few tablets of activated carbon and sprinkle on the ground. Repeat the procedure for 5 days.
- 3 heads of garlic, grate, pour 1 liter of boiling water. Insist 3 hours, strain. Flower watered, spray leaves. Well helps from mushroom mosquitoes.
- Sprinkle dill seeds on the ground. Change layer every 2 days.
If there are many insects, a chemical preparation will help to quickly solve the problem.
Folk methods can not always help to get rid of black flies on indoor flowers, especially if the infection is strong. We'll have to use insecticides. They are practically safe for people and plants. To achieve the maximum effect, it is recommended to use a "toxic greenhouse".
- Loosen dried soil in a pot.
- Place a container with a flower in a spacious plastic bag so that there remains an interlayer of air between the plant and the walls of the bag.
- After reviewing the instructions, apply the selected agent (“Flyer”, “Raptor”, “Aktara”, “Dohloks”, “Raid”, “Neo”, etc.) on the surface of the soil and on the inner walls of the package.
- Pack a tie, wait 6–8 hours. Then pull out the container and water the plant.
The fight against midges is not a serious problem. The main thing - to eliminate the main cause of infection, so that the situation does not repeat.
Types of flower midges
- Sciarides Dark-colored midges that lay larvae on the roots of plants. Subsequently, the roots become the source of nutrition for the growing sciarid. The plant stops growing, and then dies. The reason for their occurrence is most often organic fertilizer. Sciarides prefer to parasitize on flowers such as violets and azaleas.
- Tails These white midges usually live on the surface of the soil and on the lower part of the plants. As noted, they appear at the end of winter or in March. The size of these midges range from half a millimeter to one. Considering their jumping ability, it is advised to get rid of sciarid using dichlorvos. Most often, these midges start up on begonias and fuchsias.
- The thrips are represented as black dots on the leaves. When they become especially large, the leaves turn yellow, dry and subsequently die. Of all the plants, they most prefer all types of citrus and orchids.
In total, there are at least thirty species of indoor parasites annoying our flowers. Sciarides usually appear in winter., and one of the reasons for their occurrence is called the overwetting of the soil. But there are other reasons because of which we are threatened by an invasion of insect pests.
Why do the blackflies get
- Buying a flower outside a flower shop, you can get a whole bunch of diseases and midges among them will not be an exception.
- Often sciarides fall through a window or balcony. If the flower has spent all summer on the balcony, then its owner often has to get rid of insects that have penetrated the soil or the base of the leaves during the autumn.
- Promote prizhivlyaemost and the rapid spread of parasites, organic fertilizers. Many flower growers, for this reason, try not to use organic matter at home.
- In addition to organics, mineral fertilizers applied in a non-dissolved form also stimulate the reproduction of floral pests.
- Poor drainage or lack of it leads to acidification of the soil. Water that goes to the roots cannot be completely absorbed by them and the soil begins to oxidize.
- With a high temperature of air and humidity, obtained from evaporation, there is a very favorable environment for the appearance of various pests.
- Often the midges start up at too densely growing flowers. Poor ventilation on the hand of insect pests.
How to prevent the appearance of midges
As a preventive measure, try to observe the following measures:
- Do not overmoisten the soil and take care of good drainage.
- Do not get involved in new and dubious additives to the water. Coffee, tea and especially meat water only stimulates the appearance of various parasites, but the benefits of such irrigation is questionable.
- The soil in the pot should be loose. For this, it is mixed with sand and peat. If the flower grows for a long time just loosen the ground in the tank.
- Constantly look through the leaves and buds. Keep an eye on the soil. The midges may not crawl on the ground parts of plants, but occasionally appear on the surface of the soil. Remember that in time the detected disease is easily treatable.
Try to water the flower only when necessary. For example, when at least two centimeters of the ground surface will be dry. Water should be soft and defended. Peat is used to soften, and you can simply boil water or freeze it.
How to get rid of midges in flower pots
First of all, insects should be caught. To do this, use sticky tape or honey, spread on the cardboard. If the plant is large, and midges settled on the leaves and trunk, then you can use a regular vacuum cleaner without a nozzle and just suck them from all parts of the flower. It is important to immediately clean the vacuum cleaner, otherwise they will easily penetrate back.
After that, we process the soil in order to rid it of the larvae. If you do not want to dig a flower out of a pot, simply loosen the soil a little and pour it in some way. Experts offer several options:
- Soap solution perfectly copes with parasites. They are not only watered the ground, but also sprayed ground parts. It is prepared as follows: rub a piece of soap weighing about twenty grams, and then dissolves in one liter of warm water.
- A weak solution of manganese is used to treat the leaves of the plant, as well as for watering. Carry out the procedure every week for one month.
- The parasite preparations intended for animals do an excellent job with midges. For this purpose, for example, the well-known means Drontal. Bred it in the amount intended for cats and water the resulting solution with flowers. This is repeated at least once.
- On the surface of the soil in a bitter put a thin layer of ash. Midges do not like wood ash and will begin to creep out. Be sure to meet them with traps.
- The usual crayon of cockroaches is ground with a grater and scattered around the stem of the plant.
- Garlic decoction is often used to get rid of parasites. This method is good because it is completely natural and will not harm flowers. Prepare the broth as follows: pour a glass of boiling water on one large head of garlic, after grinding it. After the mixture has cooled, pour the plant over the entire surface of the pot, and dig the flesh.
- The way that our grandmothers used is still producing results. Stick the matches with your head down and water the flower. Repeat after six days.
How to get rid of midges in flowers with Dichlorvos
Dichlorvos helps very well. It is used in the following way: a flower pot is placed in a bag, dichlorvos is sprayed under the root and the bag is tightly tied. Usually for complete death of insects enough for four hours.
Instead of dichlorvos, you can use other similar means. If you want to process the entire flower completely, then just take a big bag and put the whole plant in it. Spray and tie the bag for seven hours. It is important when spraying to make sure that the tool does not fall on the leaves and inflorescences of the plant. Splash on the walls of the package, the main thing is to form a mini-greenhouse, from which the midges do not get out. To do this, tie the package tightly. or wrap it with tape.
Be sure to use black fly traps in the form of ribbons. Some individuals will be able to avoid the package, so they will have to catch in another place. It is extremely important to catch and destroy everyone, otherwise the population will be easily revived.
Transplanting plants from contaminated soil to another pot with a new soil mixture brings good results. But unfortunately, not every flower can bear it. It is important during the transplant to rinse the roots of any means, which is written above.
The contaminated land is immediately disposed of, and a new one is pierced and enriched with mineral fertilizers. They usually pierce the soil mixture as follows: take a dry baking sheet, lay the soil on it and add a little water. During heating, the water should evaporate. Usually, the procedure is carried out in the oven, and it will take at least one hour.
How to get rid with chemicals
Chemicals to combat flower midges are used infrequently. Florists do not like them because of poisons that remain in the apartment for some time. Pest control often has to be carried out in the winter when the ventilation of the room is not possible.
Among the chemicals you can choose a variety of tools for cockroaches. For example, crayons that depict pots. Pour the ground in pots can be a solution of drugs such as Thunder, Karbofos and Aktellika.
Means bred according to the instructions, and after processing the soil, the flowers do not water for five days.
Separately, it should be said about thrips. This species of blackflies is sometimes more difficult than the tails or the sciarid. To treat a flower, you will need to isolate it in another room, remove all damaged parts and rinse under running water.
The flower is treated with drugs such as Intavir, Mospilan and Aktara, and traps in the form of adhesive tape are installed around the pot. Treatment should be repeated every week until you get rid of the midges. If possible, transfer the flower to another pot and change the ground. Rinse previously washed in a weak solution of manganese.
In the event that the flower is not completely affected by pests, it is possible to do with more gentle methods. Such as folk remedies based on garlic, soap or decoction of herbs.
Well helps to cope with thrips in the initial stage decoction of marigolds. To do this, you will need two tablespoons of dried inflorescences on a half-liter jar of boiling water. After the decoction is infused, sprinkle the leaves and stems of the flower.
Instead of marigolds, dandelion roots and inflorescences can be used. The roots are boiled in a water bath for an hour, and the inflorescences are poured with boiling water and make an infusion. As soon as the product has cooled, sprinkle all parts of the flower with it. The procedure is repeated after three days.
Half a glass of tobacco is poured with one liter of water and boiled for five minutes. The cooled broth is filtered and used for spraying flowers.
There are several types of thrips:
Dratsenovy - common in regions with a cool climate. Most often, he settles in draceni, which is why he got his name. These thrips are not black, but yellow, and their length is about one millimeter.
On Rosaceae plants prefers to live rosy rosy thrips. He has a brown body, the size of a little more dracenic thrips.
The common parasite lives in inflorescences, and its length is usually longer than that of other species.
Bulb settles on the flowers of lily plants.
Small white midges no more than 3 mm in length. Their wings are covered with bloom, resembling flour. If you touch the plant, the pests take off from it. The whitefly usually hides on the underside of the leaf, where the larvae lay there. The lower leaves are covered with midges' feces - sticky honeydew.
Greater danger than the insects themselves, is a black fungus. It develops in places of accumulation of sticky plaque. Whiteflies are also carriers of viral diseases - leaf curl, yellow mosaic. The larvae feed on the sap of the plants, leading to slower growth and deformation of the shoots.
Scientifically, they are called sciarides. An adult insect is a black fly up to 4 mm long. Sciarides lay eggs in the soil, near the roots. Of these, worm-like larvae, which feed on thin young roots of the plant, develop. The larvae of fungus mosquitoes are especially dangerous for seedlings of recently rooted cuttings.
Earthen midges in room flowers actively reproduce in conditions of constant moisture, if the plant is watered too plentifully, or there is no full drainage. Young mosquitoes are small, translucent - in this stage they are not dangerous.
A plant with damaged roots withers, stops growing, stops flowering. With a strong damage to the roots of the flower dies. If you take it out of the pot, translucent black-headed larvae will be visible to the naked eye.
Blackbirds are fruit flies. Breed on rotting vegetables and fruits, in fermented foods. They can appear anywhere under favorable breeding conditions.
Insects do not pose a threat to indoor plants. In comparison with mushroom mosquitoes, have smaller sizes. They do not gather directly next to the flowers, but fly throughout the apartment.
Small green midges. Their wings are almost transparent, with a pronounced mesh. In the apartments are quite rare. Appearance is possible if mosquito nets are not installed on the windows. Gold-eyed larvae are predators, they do not pose a threat to indoor plants.
Adults do not always exterminate insects. Their favorite food is sticky aphids, pollen, nectar. But the golden-eyed larvae are called "tliny lions". They are able to exterminate a large number of aphids. Superficially resemble the larvae of ladybirds.
Gilded eyes lay eggs on leaves. It is very easy to learn laying - each egg is held on a separate hair-like thread. If zlatoglazki chose indoor plants, the leaves must be inspected for the presence of aphids.
How to get rid of black flies in room flowers with chemicals
If there are many insects, you have to use insecticides. Sometimes this is the only effective way against pests. For humans, they are practically non-toxic, safe for flowers. The most popular are five means.
- "Regent". An effective remedy that helps against all types of black flies. Drug needs to be dissolved in water according to the instruction, to water the soil with it.
- Aktara. The solution prepared from the funds, you need to pour the soil, at the same time spray the plant. Aktara is effective against adult insects and their larvae.
- "Inta-vir." The drug is sold in the form of tablets or powder. It is dissolved in water, used for irrigation, spraying.
- "Actellic". Effective against all pests. The only negative is that it is undesirable to use it during flowering.
- "Agravertin". The solution of this drug helps mainly from adult insects - kills and repels them. Личинки не погибают.
Как бороться народными средствами
Если вы не хотите использовать химикаты, можно обработать комнатные цветы от мошек народными средствами. Они совершенно безопасны, но использовать их целесообразно только при незначительном количестве насекомых. Наиболее эффективными считаются следующие.
- Matches Head down a few matches next to the plant, slightly moisten the soil. Periodically, the matches are taken out and checked - if the sulfur is completely dissolved, replace with new ones. The procedure is repeated several times until the complete disappearance of the flower midges.
- Potassium permanganate Make a weak pink solution of potassium permanganate, used for watering. Treated the soil several times. The minimum time interval between irrigation is two days.
- Ammonia. In a liter of water dilute 10 mm of ammonia. The resulting product is watered several times and sprayed the plants at intervals of seven to ten days. A solution based on liquid ammonia repels adult insects, destroys the larvae, saturates the soil with nitrogen.
- Activated carbon . Several tablets crushed into powder, sprinkled them in the soil pot. The procedure is repeated for five days. It helps in those cases if there are very few black flies.
- Ash. Fine wood ash powder the surface of the soil in the pot. It does not kill the larvae, but it repels adult insects - the whitefly and mushroom mosquitoes. Also, the ash performs the function of additional feeding.
- Dill. Dill seeds scatter on the surface of the soil. The layer is changed every two days. Continue the procedure until the complete disappearance of the midges.
- Citrus. In the soil, at a distance of 5 cm stick pieces of orange or lemon peel.
- Garlic Prepare the infusion - three heads of garlic rubbed on a grater, pour liter of boiling water. After four hours, filter, spray the plant and pour the soil. Two procedures are enough to get rid of mushroom mosquitoes.
Many folk remedies for blackflies in indoor flowers, cooked at home, really help. But they are usually used with a small number of insects. In advanced cases, it is better to immediately use insecticides.
It is not easy to get rid of midges. Therefore, it is better to immediately perform a number of preventive measures. It is recommended to follow the following rules.
- Cleanliness Fallen, diseased leaves and flowers are immediately removed. They attract the thrush, promote their reproduction.
- Moderate watering. Even moisture-loving cultures do not tolerate stagnant water in the area of the root system. The probability of the development of rot increases, the soil becomes salted, sour, favorable conditions are created for the reproduction of mushroom mosquitoes. Provide good drainage, watered only after drying the surface of the soil.
- Ground treatment. Before planting, the ground must be sterilized. Usually it is calcined in a frying pan, poured over with a solution of potassium permanganate. Some growers recommend freezing the substrate before use - at low temperatures all the larvae die.
- Fertilizers. It is not recommended to apply used tea brewing, food residues as an organic fertilizer. The process of decay attracts thrush.
- Mulching The surface of the soil in the pot is covered with sand or perlite. Mulch does not interfere with the respiration of roots, protects the earth from fungus mosquitoes.
- Mosquito net . The windows and air vents are covered with a small mosquito net so that the fungus mosquitoes and whiteflies cannot enter the house.
Knowing how to bring black flies in room flowers, you can slow down their reproduction. Many people first use folk remedies, with their inefficiency go to chemicals. But the main rule of successful struggle is the elimination of the main reason.
Domestic methods of dealing with midges
If the midges in flowers appeared recently, you will be able to get rid of the problem without much effort and money. To do this, there are many grandmother's tools, safe and effective. What is also important, each of them is suitable for both white and black midges.
Method 1 - manganese
This popular method has long been known. Thanks to potassium permanganate, many indoor plants were saved - it disinfects the soil and stops the development of putrefactive processes.
- Dissolve potassium permanganate to light pink.
- Liberally pour the flowers with the prepared solution.
- Discard watering until the top layer of soil dries 2 cm deep.
- Then everything can be repeated.
Be very careful - a concentrated solution can burn the roots of plants.
Method 2 - Orange Peel
Citrus aroma - the main enemy of the flower midge. To remove it, it is enough to put fresh crusts on top of the ground. They can also stick or even prikopat. Some gardeners prefer to grind fresh orange zest and mix it with the ground. This variant is dangerous not only for adults, but also for young larvae.
Method 3 - Garlic
If black flies are bred in your flower pot, try garlic.
- Cut the garlic into slices.
- Arrange them in a flowerpot.
The spicy scent of garlic will scare the midges. They will not just disappear, but will not be able to lay eggs in the flower ground.
There is another recipe:
- Grind 3 heads of garlic in a blender.
- Fill with a liter of water.
- Pour a mixture of soil in a pot and spray all the leaves.
Method 4 - matches
Sulfur of the most common matches has a negative effect on white midge. Stick them in the ground heads down (enough 4-5 pieces) and sprinkle it with water. A day later, check the matches. If there is no sulfur on them, insert new ones. In about a week, not only the larvae will die, but also the adults.
Attention! Against the mushroom mosquito, this method is ineffective, so its larvae can remain in the pot.
Method 5 - soap solution
How to deal with midges clinging flowers with the help of improvised means? Use a soap solution. The alkali contained in soap perfectly protects plants from pests.
- Mix 50 gr. liquid soap and 200 gr. hot water.
- Cool the composition to room temperature.
- Moisten a rag in the solution and rub the leaves and stems.
Method 6 - Wood Ash
Another good way to deal with annoying midges. Moreover, wood ash is an excellent fertilizer. Just pour the soil in the pot.
Method 7 - Velcro
To get rid of adult flies, hang near the flowerpots a few pieces of velcro. But remember, from the larvae in the ground, new midges will grow - do not miss this day.
Method 8 - chalk from cockroaches
Buy chalk from cockroaches, chop it into chips and sprinkle it on the surface. On the flowerpot can also draw a couple of lines.
Method 9 - Dill
If you see larvae in flower pots, spread fresh dill on all soil. Change every two days.
Method 10 - Tobacco Infusion
- Pour 20 gr. tobacco 0.5 liters of water.
- Insist 2 days.
- Treat the stems and leaves of plants.
Chemicals against flower midges
Have you tried everything, but nothing happened? Try to apply professional tools:
- Raptor Dichlorvos, Neo, Raid - the universal version of the black and white midges,
- solutions - Karbofos, Agravertin, Aktara, Inta-vir, Fitoverm, Basudin, Aktellik, Kinmiks, Thunder-2.
Be sure to read the instructions, because each of these solutions has its own characteristics and characteristics. One thing unites them - at least three days after tillage, the flowers should not be watered. The treatment itself is carried out in a dressing gown, goggles and a respirator.
How to prevent the appearance of midges?
Having solved the problem with pests, do not rush to relax! It was only the first fight - the midges may appear after a while. What to do so that the midges do not bother you at all? Listen to our advice:
- Tip 1. Do not pour flowers, watering should be moderate and only as the soil dries.
- Tip 2. For transplantation, use only quality soil.
- Tip 3. For fertilizer use special preparations.
- Tip 4. Provide flower drainage - it will allow the plant to “drink” plenty of water without causing rotting of organic residues and acidification of the soil.
- Tip 5. Loosen the ground regularly. This will enrich the root system with oxygen and prevent rotting.
Now everyone knows how to deal with black flies in indoor colors. Use these recipes so that the midges do not start in your greenhouse!
White midges on flowers - whitefly
White midgescalled whiteflies or scythe looks very similar to aphids. From indoor plants in pots prefer soft leaves of fuchsia or begonia.
White flies on homemade flowers are whiteflies, also called “scale insects”
Black midges in flowers - sciarides
Black fliesliving in home colors are called sciaridesand one more name of these parasites - mushroom mosquitoes. They prefer to live in the root system of flowers such as aloe, Decembrist, ficus, azalea. For a person, this type of insect creates a lot of inconvenience in the apartment - it gets into food or drink. Settling in the soil where the flower grows, they make it dense, not allowing air, thus causing great damage to the roots of plants.
Black midges on home flowers are called sciarides or mushroom mosquitoes.
Earthen Fleas in Flower Pots - Podury
Pins (ground fleas — white flies), the second name is springtails. This jumping wingless parasites. You can see them in places where there is high humidity (bottom of the pot, wet pan, top of the ground abundantly watered flower). White larvae of sublevels cause damage to plant roots. They differ from other parasites by their speed and jumps in the event that they want to touch them.
White insects that are found in the soil of domestic flowers - poduras or springtails
Why did small midges bred in room flowers?
It is important not to forget that excessively moist land is the best place for the existence and reproduction of midges. So, if you do not want to breed white bugs in the land of indoor plants, then you should not neglect the attention to the soil in pots.
The main source of reproduction of flower parasites is considered excess moisture in the soil of indoor flowers.
The secondary causes of the appearance of malicious insects include:
- Feeding in poor quality pots in flower pots. It leads to the invasion of harmful midges, the larvae of which will already live in the ground. As a result, it will be necessary to quickly search for means of getting rid of parasites that have appeared.
- The appearance of insects can contribute to the transplant of plants in huge pots. The soil at the bottom of the flowerpot is most saturated with moisture, only the root system of the plant is lacking there. High humidity is a suitable breeding ground for pests.
- The use of organic fertilizers will also contribute to the appearance of bugs. Even if the soil is watered in moderation, the presence of an organic impurity will attract midges, which will settle perfectly on the houseplant.
- Fly can fly into the apartment from another dwelling, from the basement, through ventilation or exhaust pipe. And the insects that have flown in will immediately find suitable flower pots with richly moistened soil.
Ways to get rid of black flies in house plants
There are many ways to get rid of these harmful parasites - both chemical and folk. To get rid of insects should resort to the following measures.
First of all, when detecting flower midges, the affected flower must be removed away from other plants.
Flower soil, which already settled bugs, should be thrown away. The flower is removed from the pot, the root system is washed, and the already treated plant is transplanted into the disinfected soil. There is the option of replacing the top layer of soil.
If it is not possible to change the affected soil, it is recommended to treat it with an insecticide. It is possible to refer to more effective preparations from the flower fly Fitoderm, Aktara, Tanrek. Insecticide Fly-eater, which is produced in granules, is also effective in the fight against annoying earthflies.
If there are still not too many pests, then the fly fly stick next to the flower pots will help in catching them.
If there are already a lot of insects, it is recommended to use aerosol preparations for destruction, such as Dichlorvos and Raptor. Slightly spraying means, the window sills, shelves, walls near house plants are processed. Plus, the soil in the flower pot, and its bottom. The result of the treatment will be the death of adults and their eggs laid in the ground.
Another good cure for midges is to reduce the number of waterings of the flower that was hit by parasites. Dry soil will contribute to the death of the larvae.
Yet the best way to combat mosquitoes is to comply with all the rules for the care and maintenance of domestic plants.
Folk remedies for blackflies in flowers
There are black flies in flowers - the problem arises, what means to use to get rid of them your favorite plants without harm. One of the ways of self-excretion of irritable insects is the use of various folk remedies.
Effective folk remedy against flies - garlic. The smell of garlic adversely affects some insects, including flower midges. Only two procedures - and black flies completely die. To prepare the desired solution, three heads of garlic are taken and ground with the help of a garlicker. The resulting mass is poured with one liter of boiled water. After 4 hours, filtered. This solution is sprayed with the leaves of plants and the soil is treated in a pot.
When detecting soil flies, will help potassium permanganate solution. The soil is treated in a pot. Watering the damaged flower is recommended to repeat after 2 days. In order not to harm the roots of the plant, the solution should be weak.
You can kill a flower fly in the soil of a houseplant using soap. To do this, laundry soap (20g) should be grated and poured over with 1 liter of water. The resulting soapy solution is processed leaves and watered the soil in a pot.
You can also get rid of flower midges with the help of ordinary matches. In the pot with a flower should be deepened about five matches with sulfur into the soil and lightly pour the earth. Matches in colors are replaced every day, as sulfur dissolves in the soil. A certain number of such procedures will save the plant from both the blackflies and their larvae.
Wood ash - no less effective folk remedy in the fight against insects on indoor flowers. The soil in the pot just fall asleep with such ash and the midges will forever leave alone the chosen flower. Plus, wood ash is considered an excellent fertilizer, which gives the plant strength.
Use bugs to fight bugs tobacco. To prepare the tincture, 50g of dried tobacco is taken and poured with one liter of water. Infused 2 days. The resulting tincture sprayed the leaves of the flower. The disadvantage is that the tobacco tincture adversely affects only adult insects, the larvae do not die from it.
Do not like earthen midges smell mint. The edge of the pot can be spread on the well-known “Asterisk”. This will help get rid of harmful insects.
Tincture of celandine (100g celandine per 1l of boiled water) also eliminates the annoying bugs. Processed by spraying the leaves of plants.
It is possible to destroy insects in domestic plants with the help liquid ammonia. In addition, it improves plant growth. The solution can be prepared by taking 50 ml of ammonia and diluting it in 4 liters of water.
Orange peel also help get rid of malicious insects attacking indoor flowers. Citrus smell irritates them. It is recommended to overlay the flower pot with such crusts or deepen them directly into the soil. Pests as blown away.
And you can just dry the soil. It is also a great way to fight flower midges. Until the ground is completely dry, it is not advisable to water the “green friend”. Then fill the ground over the top with roasted sand and shed it with weak manganese.
Treating infected plants with folk remedies is considered the safest way compared to using chemicals.
Effective insecticides to control the midges
But, in some cases, the use of folk remedies only temporarily relieves the home plant from parasites. Time passes, they appear again. Therefore, in order to forget about the flower flies forever, it is recommended to resort to the use of chemicals. Insecticides are found as liquid, which can be sprayed and watered, and granulated, intended for mixing with the soil.
It is best to opt for safe drugs. When processing plants, be sure to use personal protective equipment.
The liquid and safest insecticides include "Agravertine», «Fitoderm», «Fufanon», «Aktara», «Inta-vir". These chemicals may be used at home. The course of treatment is carried out within two weeks. Watering plants produced 1 time per week. After the plant has been watered with insecticide, it is not advisable to water it with clean water for 5 days.
Hazardous liquid insecticides include “Actellic"With very high toxicity. Its use is prohibited in residential areas.
For granular insecticides include "Basudin», «Thunder-2», «Fly-eater". The main granules are mixed with the top layer of soil, and not just scattered over the ground. These insecticides will not work as quickly, but they are as effective as the liquid ones.
Do not forget, absolutely all chemicals are toxic. При обработке растений необходимо одевать перчатки, защитные очки и респиратор. После работы обязательно нужно проветрить комнату.
Не менее эффективными считаются аэрозольные инсектициды (Бона Форте), которые в один миг могут парализовать летающих вредителей. Aerosol consists of such substances that are harmless to humans and the environment.
What types of blackflies grow in indoor plants?
There is only the trinity of the most common species. Accurately determine who is in front of you, you can on the appearance of midges.
Dark-red individuals are rarely alone. Where one appears, others appear at the speed of lightning. Fruit flies love everything sweet and rotting. You can bring them into the house with fruit, but fruit flies can fly outside, if there is a garden nearby. In the flower pots, they are looking primarily for tainted organic matter, and the moisture of the pallets is tasty for them.
Appear on fruits, vegetables, feel good in conditions with high levels of humidity
Thousands of eggs are laid in potted soil. Preventing this is the main task of the grower, although the fruit flies themselves are not harmful to plants. But to spoil the nerves of man, they are quite capable.
Black-and-gray mosquitoes harm plants a little. Their larvae, emerging from eggs deposited in the soil, can even eat up healthy roots. Sciarid can be determined by their size - from 1.5 to 4 mm. The head is rounded.
Appear from the larvae contained in the soil, feed on the roots and leaves of houseplants.
Eggs are clearly visible on the ground due to its whitish translucency. White larvae have a black head and the entire body is about 4 mm long. Prefer sciarides populated in pots with ficus, violets, orchids and azaleas. They are attracted by the dense leaves of these plants.
Ponds feed on swamp mosses and algae, that is, they do not live in flower pots.
The white color is the first thing that distinguishes the home representatives of the families Hypogastruridae and Entomobryidae (subclass Collembola). They are often confused with mealybugs. Distinguishing springtails helps their habit of jumping at every opportunity. Other pests do not differ in this ability.
The color of the pond varies from white to brown, depending on the subspecies, the size of the insect reaches 2 mm.
If the collembol is in the ground a little, you can sleep well: they are one of the links in the chain in the process of forming a new soil. But when the population increases significantly, the larvae begin to feed on the roots of flowers.
Soft-leaved flowers (for example, fuchsias and begonias) are more often attacked by pests.
Drying or replacing the soil
It is assumed that the midge will leave a dry soil devoid of irrigation. But it is unlikely that plants will thank you for this method. It is enough to bring to dryness only the upper centimeters of soil between watering. The larvae do not live deeper than four centimeters; therefore, the affected soil is replaced with sterile one or dried in its upper part. Substitution of the soil is especially often used against sciarid, because their larvae can “sleep” for a long time in non-polluted soil, waiting for drought.
While the flyers are resting on the floral leaves, you can try to suck them in with a powerful jet of air. A tightly packed garbage bag is thrown away from the home. The vacuum method is unlikely to be one hundred percent help, so repeat the procedure and combine it with other methods.
Slowly but surely fly insects will catch fly sticks with a tasty smell. In winter, there are no weapons in stores, so you can make these traps yourself. To do this, just smear honey or thick jam tape from the fabric.
A trap made from the bottom of a plastic bottle will also help. Place the apple core inside, and tie the top tightly with cellophane. The holes made in the film will allow the midges to get inside, but insects will not be able to get back.
Collected podur placed in a container with a lid, and then destroy
But to lure out of the soil springtails, you can use a cut potato. White larvae will gladly stick around a moist cut of the nourishing tuber, and then it will be possible to destroy them without problems.
Heavy artillery, capable of defeating the enemy at all levels - is modern chemistry. Neo-dichlorvos, Raid, Raptor and other aerosols will relieve flying insects. To ensure that the effect is 100%, it is important to repeat the treatment of the room after a week.
Dichlorvos can only be used in the toilet and living rooms, it is unacceptable to use such toxic chemicals in the kitchen
The larvae dwelling in the soil are eliminated by double spilling of the soil with solutions of Karbofos, Aktara, Agravertin, Intar-Vir, Aktellik, Fitoverma or Kinmiks. Between the procedures they are kept for a week, and after each of them four days do not water the plants with anything else.
The concentration of the solution is made in accordance with the instructions attached to the specific tool.
You can use the scattering of granules of the Thunder-2, Bazudin, Kapkana or Pochin. When watering, they will dissolve and destroy the larvae gradually.
Garlic, dill, tobacco, orange peel
To drive away flying individuals from a flowerpot will help everything that smells strongly. If you do not want to spoil the look of the soil with pieces of organic matter, it will be enough to lubricate the edges of the pot with anise oil. However, if there are already eggs in the soil, the technique will not have an effect.
The plant can be sprayed with garlic tincture. The orange peel is dried and placed in a flower pot.
You can even get rid of black flies with the help of dill. Twigs are stuck in the soil. Tobacco sprinkled on the ground in a pot.
Potassium permanganate, sulfur, ammonia
Light pink solution of potassium permanganate - a reliable way to destroy the larvae.
Important! Increasing the concentration of the drug during watering can damage flower roots.
Sulfur is mined on the heads of old-match matches. They are stuck right into the ground. When watering sulfur will gradually go into the ground.
One of the most simple methods, since there are matches in almost every home.
Ammonia is placed in a small container near the flower. Its couples will drive away flying individuals far.
Ash and activated carbon
Tablets of activated charcoal are ground into powder, which is powdered potted soil. Oven ash is also distributed over the surface. After a layer of a couple of centimeters, the adult midge will not make its way to the ground to lay its eggs there. Ash plus everything will rid the soil of acidity and fertilize the flower.
Reviews about getting rid of adults and larvae
I just tried to sprinkle the soil with ashes, and limited watering. Also, these bugs can relocate to spoiled vegetables and fruits. Therefore, it is worth paying particular attention to this and throwing out bad products in time. If the ash trick is not done, which is unlikely, try making a solution of potassium permanganate and water the plants. Everyone can have these nasty creatures. I have them every watermelon season worn in products. Helped aerosol flying insects. The main thing that you had just the midges and not ticks, or aphids, that's when it will be all the more problematic.
https://www.agroxxi.ru/forum/topic/4319-%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BA-%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B1%D0 D0% B8% D1% 82% D1% 8C% D1% 81% D1% 8F-% D0% BE% D1% 82-% D0% BC% D0% BE% D1% 88% D0% B5% D0% BA- % D0% B2-% D1% 86% D0% B2% D0% B5% D1% 82% D0% B0% D1% 85 /
When I "happen" a lot of flies, usually once a year - I spill everything with Aktar. And adults and children. So, very slightly. Divorced according to the instructions and even stronger. 4g. on 5 liters. And in a week, peace and quiet. There is not anyone. Moreover, a very long time.
Once, one of the flowers was overflowing strongly, then the midges started to grow in it, which began to multiply actively and spread to the other pots. Handled it very simply. Watering stopped so that the soil is well dried. Kayomki pots and the area around them smeared with ordinary chalk from the cockroaches "Masha". Two weeks collected the dead insects, but there was not a single individual.
Flowers pacify their immobility and beauty. Remove the fluttering of midges around them - and the spiritual world will never leave you.
Reason of appearance
Blackflies in flowers. What to do? Before analyzing in detail all sorts of ways and tips, let's first understand why this problem arises.
There are several reasons why midges appear on the plant. They need to know to care for flowers, observing all methods of precaution.
The first reason is that the soil was infected from the outset by the midge larvae. Of course, you can’t change the past, but next time you need to remember that before planting plants in the ground it must be disinfected. In addition, regular preventive tillage of pests will prevent the occurrence of parasitic colonies.
The next reason why midges are bred in room flowers may be excessive waterlogging. This may occur due to frequent and heavy irrigation. If the weather is hot and dry, there is a temptation to moisten the flowers more than they need. Because of this, the water in the pot can stagnate and contribute to the appearance of unwanted insects.
Also, the midges in home colors can appear because of the constantly open window through which they can fly and settle in damp ground, or because of loose leaves that start to rot in the pot itself, thereby creating a favorable sphere for the appearance of harmful insects.
As you can see, if you follow all the rules for growing indoor plants and regularly disinfect the soil, then you will never have a question: how to remove black flies from flowers in a pot?
What are the pests?
Before you think about how to remove black flies from flowers, let's briefly get acquainted with the insects themselves.
The most frequent guests of indoor plants are ponds - small white midges, no larger than one millimeter in size. They can be noticed on the surface of newly watered soil or at the foot of a flowerpot. Ponds, which appear mainly in the cool season, actively fly from leaf to leaf, and their larvae in the ground have a negative effect on the root system of the whole plant.
Sciarides are small black insects that look like mosquitoes, abundantly flying not only around the flower itself, but throughout the whole living space. The larvae of these pests are translucent worms up to half a centimeter long. They make the soil dense, inaccessible for life-giving oxygen, and also affect the root of the plant itself. Sciarides can appear as a result of the use of household organic fertilizers (tea leaves, humus, etc.).
Drosophila - red small midges, very similar to flies, can also cause irreparable harm to your green pet.
What plants are most susceptible to pests?
The most "delicious" flowers
It also depends on the type of pests. For example, ponds are very fond of fuchsias and begonias, because their leaves are soft and tender to the touch. Sciarides prefer plants with more dense leaves - violets, rubber plants, azaleas.
So, how to remove black flies from flowers in a pot? First, let's briefly discuss the chemical pest control agents, and then we will talk about more harmless to humans drugs made with the help of available ingredients.
The main chemical agent for blackflies in flowers is ordinary dichlorvos. It can be Raptor, Raid or others.
You can also use special solutions, such as "Thunder-2", "Agravertin", "Basudin", "Mokhoed", "Karbofos", "Aktara" and so on.
When using these drugs, you should not forget about personal safety - use rubber gloves, goggles, a respirator. Also, before use, you should read the instructions to carefully follow the recommendations and advice set out in it.
But how to remove black flies from flowers in a pot with folk remedies? About this - below.
What you need to take in order to prepare a potent means of harmful insects? First of all, you will need:
- potassium permanganate,
- wood ash,
- and even oranges.
All of these ingredients are part of effective recipes, how to remove black flies from flowers in a pot. How to use them?
The first way. Garlic
According to the reviews, the most effective means is an infusion of garlic. How to cook it? To do this, take three or four medium teeth, clean them, cut them in half and put them on top of the soil, you can even deepen a little. Sometimes it is recommended to prepare a saturated garlic solution. To do this, take a few heads of garlic (two or three), peel, cut into small slices and pour a liter of boiling water. After a few hours the solution is ready. It should be drained, poured into a spray bottle and irrigated with the entire affected plant, and also poured over the soil with the prepared composition.
Blackflies in flowers. Folk remedies and recipes
A weak solution of potassium permanganate, which is recommended to be watered as it dries, can be used as the next means to control the midges.
An interesting recipe for how to get rid of black flies in home flowers is the use of orange peels. They must be cut into wide strips, dried and stuck in the ground.
What else can be used to combat unwanted insects? According to reviews of experienced florists, pests are afraid of laundry soap. To do this, twenty grams of detergent should be finely chopped or grated on a large grater, pour a liter of warm water and dissolve. The resulting composition spray both the flowers themselves and the soil in which they grow.
Ash is also considered an effective method for pesky midges and their larvae. Just sprinkle the earth with it in the pot, lightly fluff the top layer and wait. Pests will disappear in a few days.
What else can help? Tobacco. Twenty grams of smoke potion pour a half-liter can of water, let it stand for a couple of days, and then add another liter of water. The resulting solution is recommended to spray the ground part of the plant.
Dill is also an effective method against flying insects. It should be laid out over the ground and left for two days. Then change to a new one. This should be done until the midges disappear.
Matches What is the essence of this method? Uninvited guests are very afraid of sulfur. Therefore, matches should be deepened into the soil head down, pour water and leave for two or three days, then pull out and stick new ones. According to numerous reviews, the midges and their larvae should die in seven days.
The advantages of folk remedies
As you can see, there are many effective and existing folk recipes that can help in the fight against unwanted insects. They are accessible, easy to prepare, convenient to use, and most importantly, practically safe for people and animals. Which of the methods you apply is up to you, based on your own experience, attitudes and preferences.
We devoted enough time to what should be done to get rid of the midges in flower pots. Let us briefly talk about how to avoid this difficulty.
Since it is easier to prevent a problem than to fix it, below we will sort out the main tips and recommendations for proper and faultless care for your green favorites.
First of all, remember that before you start to care for a flower purchased in the store, it should be transplanted into a new soil, treated and disinfected with special means. To do this, you can use the fertilizer or hand-made fertilizers, or to calcine the earth in the oven at one hundred degrees.
Before planting any plants (even seeds) they should be thoroughly treated with soapy water.
It is recommended to loosen the ground in the flowerpots so that it breathes.
Be careful with watering. As mentioned above, flowers do not like excessive moisture. To prevent water from accumulating in the pot, drainage should be installed. If you water the plant from below, it will take only the amount of moisture that it needs.
For high-quality cultivation of beautiful and healthy flowers, the room in which they are located should be regularly aired.
An important factor is the prevention of midges in the form of a weak solution of manganese. They can water the plant once every two weeks.
And the most important thing. On the windowsills and in the living corners grow different flowers, differing from each other not only in color and shape, but also in the way of growth and nutrition. So, care for them, too, will be different. Therefore, before planting a particular type of flowering plant, information about it should be studied in detail: how often to water, how to fertilize, whether to prune and so on.
Let's sum up
As you can see, midges are a very unpleasant, pathogenic phenomenon for both the roots of the plant and the flower itself. Therefore, it is necessary to deal with them purposefully and seriously. How? This is what we talked about in this article.
There are several ways to get rid of uninvited guests and their larvae. You can use pesticides, and you can use inexpensive and low-risk for people folk remedies. According to reviews of experienced flower growers, they are also effective and efficient as purchased products.
In addition, we discussed how to prevent the appearance of blackflies, and what are the best ways to use prophylactic agents for this.
As you can see, there are many ways to deal with midges and other pests. Which one you choose depends on you!